Sneaky Dongwoon

I Like You Best

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I was walking around with my friends, Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Gikwang and Yoseob at lunch, laughing and joking around once our exams were over. I was talking to Yoseob when we walked past a tree with two girls sitting under it. I noticed that one of the girls was the one that came to my maths room the other day. Her friend was making cute faces at her while she was laughing. I smiled. She was even prettier when she laughed.

I looked right at her and started smiling. I noticed that she looked up too and smiled back. Ahh! Son Dongwoon! You can die a happy man now – she smiled back at you, I thought. Her friend started tugging on her arm while looking back and forth between the both of us, smiling while doing so.

Yoseob hyung, who was on my left stopped talking to me and turned to where I was looking.

“Dongwoon ah! Who are you looking at?” he asked.

“No one.” I quickly dragged him away.

“I don’t believe you. You have that look on your face again.”

“What look?”

“The look that says that you’ve seen a girl who is the prettiest girl in the world,” he laughed. “So which one of them is it? It was one of them right? ”

I sighed. Yoseob and his questions. I pulled out my phone and looked at it. I needed an escape plan.

“OH! IS THAT THE TIME ALREADY?! Sorry hyung! I need to meet Mr Choi to discuss my maths exam. I totally forgot about it. He'll probably make me do a hundred problems a day for the next month if I don't get there before the end of lunch. See you all later!"

I quickly rushed off before Yoseob realised that we had only done our maths exam today and before he could drag me back to interrogate me. As soon as the guys were out of sight, I turned back and sat on the other side of the tree that the girls were sitting under. I felt kind of creepy, sitting there by myself so I put my headphones over my ears without any music playing and pretended to be reading my textbook. I smiled as I realised that I was sitting close to her and could hear exactly what they were talking about.

“IT TOTALLY WAS HIM! YOU LIKE HIM RIGHT?!”

“I guess …?”

My heart rate sped up. That was her friend asking her right? She looked like she was sussing something out before as she tugged my ... *cough* future girlfriend’s *cough* arm as we walked past earlier.

I heard a loud scream and sat up straight, only to hit my head pretty hard on the tree. I clutched my head in pain. Why the heck did she scream?!

“What’s his name?”

Curious, I pulled my headphones down. Apparently, it sounded like she said something but her friend didn’t hear it.

“What? There’s no one around to hear you, IU. Please speak up.”

IU...? Is her name IU?

Then I heard it. I felt like flying into the sky. I felt like running, well more like crawling in this position, to her and hugging her.

“S-son Dongwoon.”

SHE KNOWS MY NAME!

“AHHH! YOU DO SERIOUSLY LIKE HIM! LOOK AT YOUR FACE!”

And she likes me. I smiled.

“YAH! KANG JIYOUNG! ARE YOU PLANNING TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD?!”

And it seems like her loud, excited friend is called Kang Jiyoung. So her name is IU... is it a nickname? I bet her real name is just as pretty as she is.

The bell rang and I quickly gathered my stuff together and left before they realised that I was... sort of eavesdropping on them.