My Angel

I Like You Best

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

“Hyung! Can you help me with this question?” I pointed to the question in my book and handed the book over to Doojoon. He looked at it and sighed.

“YAH! You’ve been sitting there for the past hour and you still haven’t done the first question?! The exams are coming up soon! What are you going to do in the exam if you can’t even do this question?!”

“Well if you explain it to me then I will be able to do it.”

Doojoon started explaining the question to me. To be honest, I didn’t really need help. It was just that I had the worst headache ever and couldn’t be bothered thinking. After about 5 minutes, Doojoon finished his explanation and handed my book over to me.

“You’d better be able to do it.”

There was then a knock on the door and I turned away from Doojoon to see who it was. It was a girl. She had milky white skin and long hair. She... she was the prettiest girl that I’ve ever seen. My headache instantly disappeared. She gave a note to the teacher and stood at the door. I started smiling at her. I hope she notices me. I hope I don’t look to creepy.

She looked around the classroom and locked eyes with me. Her face suddenly went bright red and she looked away. She stood there awkwardly while she waited for Sir. She glanced at me again, shyly. It was cute. I felt Doojoon tugging on my shirt, but I didn’t care to look back. He probably wanted to check if I did the question correctly or not – that could wait. I wanted to turn around and ask him to stop, but then I would waste valuable time gazing at the girl who was like a breath of fresh air after a long maths period, she was an angel that was sent from heaven. Aish! Son Dongwoon! Stop being so cheesy! I tried to block out the string of... cheesy thoughts and I continued to ignore Doojoon’s tugging and pulling, even though it was getting more persistent.

Then a voice interrupted my heaven.

“SON DONGWOON! WHY ARE YOU JUST SITTING THERE? DO YOUR WORK! YOUR EXAMS ARE COMING UP SOON.”

Oh! That’s why Doojoon was furiously tugging my shirt. Our teacher normally got very annoyed when his students sat around doing nothing while there were exams or something important coming up. He was warning me that Sir was coming over and didn’t want me to get scolded.

“Yes Sir!” I replied and quickly turned back to my books and whispered an apology to Doojoon.

As soon as Sir had walked past, I turned back and smiled at her again. I wish I could help her carry those heavy looking textbooks, but then again there were only five. Still. I wanted to show her what a gentleman I was.

When she left, I reluctantly focused back on my book. The numbers on the pages were just aimlessly swimming around the page. I smiled to myself and pretended as if I was working hard. I had something better to focus on now.

I needed to find out her name.