WHAT?!

I Like You Best

 

IU’s P.O.V

“Lee Jieun, I-"

“I LEFT MY RABBIT IN MY SHOE!” I blurted and ran to the door and down the stairs as quickly as possible to the girls’ bathroom.

I felt all sweaty and my heart rate had not slowed one little bit. I don’t think I could confess to him face to face. I nearly died of nervousness.
I pushed the door open and hurried to the sink. I splashed my face with water and looked in the mirror. It was so red. I fanned myself a bit and then suddenly Jiyoung burst in.

“WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?! I LEFT MY RABBIT IN MY SHOE?!”

“I was nervous ok?! I couldn’t do it. It was the first thing that came into my head!”

Jiyoung shook her head in disapproval.

“You know just before you ran off like that, Dongwoon was going to say something VERY important to you, according to Doojoon.”

I face palmed myself.

“I’ll still confess to him ok? I just need to find another way...”

Jiyoung hugged me and patted my back.

“I know you’ll find a way! Aren’t my persuading skills as well as Yoseob sunbae’s persuading skills so awesome that now you’ll find a way to confess to him?”

I stepped back and glared at her.

“More like nearly forcing me to confess. But ...I was so going to confess sometime soon anyway...”
Jiyoung laughed.

“Sure sure. Anyway, let’s calm you down and help you decide how to confess before the next period.”
She linked arms with me and we walked to our lockers to get our books for our next class.

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I was walking around the school with Doojoon when I heard someone who sounded like Yoseob call out our names. We looked up to the music building and saw Yoseob waving his arms about. I stood there and stared at him and saw Jieun appear next to him. I smiled. Yoseob yelled for us to go up there. Doojoon looked at me and looked back at Yoseob, pointed up and then proceeded to drag me up there.

“Why don’t you confess to her today? The garden up there in the music building is a nice place to do it.”

“HYUNG! I haven’t even had time to prepare myself yet! I was going to give myself two weeks!” I cried.

“Well now give yourself two minutes. By the time we get up the stairs you would be able to get it together right?”

I looked at him incredulously. He was serious. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Fine. I’ll see what I can do.”

As I walked up the stairs, my mind was bombarded with millions of things I could say to confess to her. I was going to confess. It was a bit sooner than I had expected but, I had to seize the moment. Then as soon as Doojoon opened the door and we walked in, I had it – You know you’re really pretty… Lee Jieun, I really like you.

When we walked in, I saw that Jieun was facing the door, with Yoseob and her friend… I guess, standing behind her. The five of us exchanged greetings and soon after, I was left standing alone with Jieun while the others were standing at the railing overlooking the school.

“So, Jieun, how have you been?”I asked.

“Good, now that it’s nearly holidays. How about you?” Her voice was so musical. It made me feel all warm inside. I smiled at her.

“I don’t know if I’m looking forwards to the holidays as you are,” I laughed. “All I’m probably going to be doing is study, study, study.”

“Ahh! Your final exams are on the first day back right?”

“Yeah.”

I stood there nervously and then noticed that she looked like she was looking at me. I gazed back at her and smiled. She was beautiful. Ok. Son Dongwoon. Time to confess.

“You’re really pretty you know that? I heard that a whole lot guys in my grade and yours admire you a lot.” Not exactly what I had planned to said, but I was on the right track.

Now here it comes.

“Lee Jieun, I-"  But before I could finish, she cut me off.

“I LEFT MY RABBIT IN MY SHOE!” she yelled.

As soon as she said that, she ran to the door. I stood there, nearly drowning in confusion. I left my rabbit in my shoe… What?!

I turned to the three standing by the railing and noticed that they were all staring after Jieun with confused faces. Yoseob, being the most confused.

“She…left her rabbit in her shoe… But… she’s wearing her shoes…” cried Yoseob.

Her friend sighed and walked over to me and apologised.

“Dongwoon Sunbae, I’m sorry about that, IU is like that when she gets really nervous sometimes. Sorry, I heard from Doojoon that you were going to confess to her…” she said nervously and quickly rushed out the door.

“What was that all about?” asked Doojoon.

“I don’t think I know anymore than you do, but,” I laughed, “That was pretty cute.”

Doojoon whacked me on the head.

“Did you do it?”

I frowned.

“No. I was about to then she yelled that she left… her rabbit in her shoe…”

Yoseob laughed. I guess he figured it out and wasn’t so confused about it anymore.

“Ahh… It’s a typical thing for her to do that when she’s nervous. She has mixed up her words like that since we were kids.”

“Why was she nervous?” I asked.

“Umm…Uh… She was… She was going to –“

The bell rang.

“SORRY!” yelled Yoseob. He was already heading for the stairs. “If I’m late to music, Mr Noh is going to murder me!”

“Doojoon Hyung, did you know what he was going to say?”

Doojoon looked at me.

“SORRY! I GOT TO GO TOO!” and he ran off.

ARGHH! Why did everything have to be interrupted today?! I calmed myself down and quickly walked to class. Dongwoon, you still have two weeks.