RENT 1 - THE OLD MAID AND THE MOBSTER BOSS

MOBSTER FOR RENT (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




"I want to RENT you", Dara sets an envelope full of money and a contract in front of a man with short hair wearing stylishy ripped denim pants and a jacket over a white shirt, sitting cockily before her.



Unknown to Dara, ten men in dark suits seated at the tables surrounding where she is have released the locks of their gun, ready to blow her skull off. The guy in front of her raised his eyebrows in amusement and gave a slight signal to his men that he's fine. They all obeyed and swiftly hid their weapons.



"What kind of services do you think I'm offering?", he uncrossed his legs and leaned closer, allowing Dara to have a better look at his features. Hmmm, not bad. He's HOT. A badas$ and quite rough-looking, but cute., she thought. A small smile formed at the corner of the guy's lips due to her obvious staring.



"Do you like what you're seeing?", he teased. Dara cleared and tried to regain composure.



"Not bad. You look better than what I actually expected. As I've said, I want to rent you. I've drafted a contract so you'll have an idea of what I expect from this whole setup. If you want to add anything, just tell me and I'll revise it", she said in a business-like tone, failing to notice the confusion that crossed the guy's eyes.



He picked up the contract and read it. He has only read the first line but it already made him burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. As soon as he finished reading the whole thing, he was almost rolling on the floor from too much laughing. The men in dark suits have their mouths gaping open while looking at him.



"B-boyfriend Contract?? Bwahhahahahahahahaa!!!!", he held his tummy, oblivious to the fact that Dara is rapidly becoming a giant tomato.



"Hey, what's so funny about that? Your company told me I can draft my own contract", she said. Suddenly, a realization dawned on her. She clamped shut and looked at him in horror. She's not on the wrong table, is she??!!



"Oh my gosh", she muttered under her breath and looked around. She caught sight of a man not too far from them, sitting on a table near the glass wall and seemingly scanning the people entering the restaurant. The man is also wearing denim pants and white shirt.



With bulging eyes, she slowly turned her head back to the guy in front of her who is still busy laughing his as$ off while scanning the pages of the 'Boyfriend Contract'. She can feel her toes curling up in embarrassment.



Dara covered her face with her palms and groaned. This day incredibly .



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



All I want is for the floor to open up and swallow me...



I've never felt humiliated in my entire life. Oh gosh! I want to die right NOW. How can I fck up this much? I was just supposed to meet my soon-to-be rented boyfriend, let him sign the contract and the deal is on. How did I manage to sit at the wrong table? Oh right, I should've asked him first if he's the one sent by R.A.B. (Rent A Boyfriend) company! Arrrghh, how can I be this stupid?



Just because he's wearing denim pants and white shirt (and not to mention he's HOT), I already assumed that he's the one I was supposed to meet. GAWD!!! I feel like a moron! Scratch that, I AM A MORON! Stupid stupid Dara!



Now what?, my mind is rapidly drafting PLAN B to escape this freakishly HUMILIATING situation. But my mind immediately ceased into a halt the moment he stopped laughing and looked intently at me.



"So, you don't have a boyfriend, huh? And you badly need one?", he smirked at me. FLOOR, please open up and swallow me NOW!



"I..that..no..I mean", I stuttered while searching my useless brain for something to say that won't make me look a lot stupidER. I failed. He probably thinks I'm a pathetic old maid desperately searching for someone to feed my aching hormones. Please, I'm begging you, kill me now....



Left with nothing to say, I snatched the contract from his grasp and prepared to leave. I was about to stand when he grabbed my wrist.



"Why are you leaving? We haven't straightened out the deal yet.", he said. I gasped in surprise. But..I thought I'm at the wrong table? I glanced at the guy seated at the glass wall who is now looking at his watch. Okay, this is confusing.



"What deal? Are you really the one sent by R.A.B. company?", I asked while eyeing the man in front of me suspiciously. A short silence followed.
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter