Chapter Three

My Lady, My Butler

 

“We’re here.” Taeyeon called out silently as she pulled up in front of Tiffany’s house. Tiffany rolled her eyes at her butler’s remark and unbuckled her seatbelt harshly.

“Thanks Captain Obvious.” Tiffany remarked. Taeyeon smiled at her master’s cold remark and proceeded out of the car to open Tiffany’s door. As Tiffany got out of the car, she yanked the keys from her butler impatiently and marched up to her door. Taeyeon was a little fazed by the sudden snatch and followed her master silently. Once Tiffany opened the door, she threw the keys back to her butler and headed straight for her room.

“Lunch better ready once I wake up.” Tiffany ordered harshly before slamming her door shut. Taeyeon let out a low chuckle at Tiffany’s straightforward princess attitude.

“One request after another.” The butler rolled her eyes before proceeding to the kitchen. Once Taeyeon was inside the kitchen, a sudden thought occurred to her.

‘Why doesn’t she just hire maids? I doubt they would be erted old geezers like the others.’ She pondered. Taeyeon then just shook the thought away from her head as she found a perfectly good explanation.

“No woman would be able to stand her.” Taeyeon whispered with amusement as she proceeded to make her master’s lunch.

From inside the large bedroom, the young heiress collapsed onto the bed tiredly. She threw her handbag to the side of her bed and gave out a long sigh. She was so tired from dealing with her butler that day. She never had to deal with someone so ignorant and calm. It was the calmness that made her the most annoyed. Taeyeon was not worried about getting Tiffany mad. The fact that he was so confident in everything he does made Tiffany feel as though the power she had over her butlers was slowly slipping away.

“Stupid midget” Tiffany muttered into her pillow. She then tossed in her bed, trying to get comfortable in order to catch up on some rest when her eyes caught onto her handbag again. The red stain from Taeyeon’s hand was still clearly marked on the leather, reminding her again of her butler’s actions. Hesitantly, Tiffany picked up her handbag and held it up to examine it.

“Guess this is the last time I’m using this. This stain is never going to be cleaned.” Tiffany sighed dejectedly as she threw her bag to the side of her room. She then stared up to the ceiling of her room, recalling the events that happened earlier that day.

‘To me, to serve someone well, I am to serve to their daily needs, their own protection and to their own wellbeing. My duty is to serve you and protect you, Lady Tiffany. I have no other purpose besides that.’

The last few sentences Taeyeon answered just before they left the café repeated in Tiffany’s mind. She already knew that Taeyeon was not like her past butlers, but there was something with Taeyeon’s sentence that made her think that there was something more behind Taeyeon’s actions.

“I bet dad’s paying him a lot to deal with me that well.” The young heiress sighed. It wasn’t possible that someone would be so willing to do all those things for her. Not even Jessica, her best friend, would go that far.

“Ugh!” Tiffany yelled into the pillow, frustrated with that the annoying butler was filling her thoughts. She tossed and turned in her bed in frustration as the thoughts refused to leave her head. Just when she was about to rid herself of her last thoughts, there was a quiet knock coming from her bedroom door.

“Lady Tiffany?” Taeyeon called out silently through the door. Tiffany slammed her head against her pillow again.

“Just when I thought I was going to get some sleep.” Tiffany groaned. From the outside, Taeyeon had heard Tiffany’s murmurs and furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

“I’ll leave the food out ready for you then. Please catch on some rest. Mr Hwang would not be pleased to know his daughter is overworking herself.” Taeyeon said sincerely through the door. Tiffany waved her hand at the door carelessly before flopping it back down onto the bed.

“Rest well. I’ll bring dinner later this afternoon.” Taeyeon said again. Tiffany only answered with another dead groan. Feeling slightly guilty for disturbing her master’s rest, Taeyeon silently turned back to the kitchen where she had prepared lunch. Just a few basic sandwiches and a muffin were set up for Tiffany. Deciding that it would be no harm if the heiress was to eat later, Taeyeon continued to pack up the lunch and put it safely into a bag ready for Tiffany once she woke up.

“Guess I’m done for today.” Taeyeon remarked once she finished packing up the lunch. She then looked at the clock to see that she had some time free. Not wanting to stand around and waste time doing nothing, she decided to pay a park nearby a visit.

 

 

“Kyungsan! That’s my bear! Give it back to me!” a little girl sobbed as a boy ran away with her toy. The boy turned around and pulled his tongue at her with a mocking expression. Taeyeon watched from afar as the boy continued to run away with the little girl’s toy.

“Dayoung’s a cry baby! Dayoung’s a little cry baby!” the boy mocked as he continued running. Taeyeon took a step forward and watched as the boy was running straight towards her. She looked back at the girl who was sitting in the sandpit crying. She looked back up at the boy again to see him about to run past her. As he was standing right next to her, she reached her hand out and stopped the boy from running any further.

“Don’t you think you should give that back to her?” Taeyeon asked the boy quietly. The boy frowned and pulled his tongue at Taeyeon as he began running away again. Taeyeon turned back to the girl to see her running towards her. She figured that the girl was trying to catch up after she had stopped the young boy. The girl then slowly walked up to Taeyeon and continued to cry.

Feeling sorry for the young girl, Taeyeon stood up and walked over to the boy who was hiding behind a bench from the girl. Taeyeon stood in front of him and held her hands out towards him with an expectant expression.

“Come now. I’m pretty sure her parents are not going to be happy that you took her toy. Also, I don’t think she’ll like playing with you anymore if you continue this,” she said calmly. The boy just glared at Taeyeon and continued to look at the crying girl behind her. Taeyeon crouched down to his level and smiled softly at him.

“I’m willing to trade you a little something for that toy,” Taeyeon offered as she went into her pocket. The boy leaned over expectantly and waited to see what Taeyeon was pulling out. Taeyeon caught the boy’s curiosity and paused before turning back to him. He shifted his gaze quickly to pretend he was not interested.

“Come on now. As a man you’re supposed to look after the girls. You’re just making yourself the evil person here,” Taeyeon chuckled as she pulled out a small bag of lollies. She held it in front of the boy and held out her other hand waiting for the exchange. The boy was reluctant at first, but slowly, he came forward and gently put the small dirtied bear into Taeyeon’s hand as he grabbed onto the bag of lollies. Taeyeon smiled at the young boy and patted his head gently.

“You can share those with her later as an apology,” she whispered quietly before she turned back to the crying girl. As she was approaching the girl, the young girl slowly stopped crying. The younger girl looked up at Taeyeon with tearful eyes, wondering what Taeyeon could possible want. Taeyeon just crouched down to the girl’s level and presented her with the toy she had just retrieved.

“Here you go. Make sure you look after it well,” Taeyeon chuckled as the girl immediately took back the bear. She gave an excited squeal and hugged Taeyeon suddenly. Stumbling back from the sudden attack, Taeyeon landed on the sand. She had accidently put some pressure onto her arm and winced but she didn’t mind.

The girl then got off from Taeyeon and hugged the bear tightly. Taeyeon just chuckled and brushed some of the dirt off her clothes before standing up again. She waved at the girl and continued to proceed further into the park when she felt the tail of her tailcoat being tugged on. She turned around to see the girl smiling brightly at her.

“Thank you my prince,” the girl smiled. Taeyeon blinked a few times with surprise with what the girl had just called her.

“You’re welcome, my princess,” Taeyeon decided to play along and did a small bow to the girl. The young girl then leaned in and gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the cheek whilst she was bowing. Taeyeon opened her eyes in surprise at the girl’s bold actions but couldn’t help but laugh slightly.

“I have to go and serve another princess dinner right now. But I think your other prince wants to give an apology,” Taeyeon chuckled as she saw the young boy approach them with a sheepish expression. Taeyeon patted the girl’s head and bid the two children farewell as she continued on. She turned back to see the two children sharing the lollies that she had given the boy earlier and felt somewhat relieved. She then lifted her hand up to her cheek where the girl had kissed her and smiled.

“Children these days. That’s the first kiss of any kind that I can remember,” she laughed to herself. She then continued on to see a ball wedged into the trees above. Taeyeon then noticed a group of children standing underneath it staring up into the tree.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention and kicked the ball too hard,” one of the girls sobbed. A boy with a backpack just patted the crying girl’s back reassuringly as the others started throwing sticks and stones to try and get the ball down.

As Taeyeon looked down from the tree again, she felt slightly dizzy. When she faced the backpack boy and crying girl before her, she felt her head throb slightly.

“TaeTae! Come on, kick it back to us!”

Taeyeon held her head tightly as a young girl’s voice resounded through her ears. She sat down on the grass to stabilise herself. Flashes of new scenery were overtaking her vision and new voices were echoing through her ears.

‘Taeyeon-ah, can I play with you as well?’
‘Sorry TaeTae, I wasn’t paying attention.’

“Sir, are you alright?” a gruff voice pulled Taeyeon out of her small trance. She looked up to see a man staring at her with concern. Taeyeon quickly stood up and brushed the grass and dirt off her as she gave a reassuring nod back to the man.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Thank you,” Taeyeon thanked quickly before making her way to the group of children trying to get the ball down. She stared up at the tree and noticed that mere sticks and rocks would not be able to free the ball from the branches.

“Alright kids. Don’t try this at home,” Taeyeon warned as she rolled up her sleeves. The children stared at her with confusion as Taeyeon continued to tie her hair up tightly.

Their jaws then dropped as Taeyeon jumped onto the tree’s trunk and started climbing it carefully. The crying girl had stopped crying to stare up at the butler who was moving in the tree branches to reach the ball. Once Taeyeon reached the ball, she stretched her arm out and grabbed it carefully, trying not to put any unnecessary weight on the branches before finally dropping the ball. The children then all gave a cry of joy as they started chasing after the ball, only the crying girl from before remained behind once Taeyeon was out of the trees.

“How long has it been since I’ve climbed a tree,” Taeyeon chuckled to herself as she brushed the stray leaves off her uniform. She then felt a tug at the end of her tailcoat and turned around to see the small girl looking up at her.

“Thank you for getting the ball for us,” she thanked shyly. Taeyeon just gave a small smile and patted the girl’s head softly. The girl then smiled slightly at Taeyeon’s gesture and gave a small laugh.

“Unnie, why are you dressed up like a man?” the girl asked suddenly. Taeyeon’s eyes opened wide with shock. The girl then just laughed as she pointed towards Taeyeon’s chest. As Taeyeon looked down, she noticed the a few buttons of her shirt had opened from the rigorous climbing she had just done. Taeyeon quickly clasped the two pieces of her shirt together again and let out a chuckle.

“This remains a secret between me and you okay? I’m just doing a lot of secret stuff now,” Taeyeon winked at the girl. The young girl just laughed even louder and nodded confidently.

“Unnie really is like a prince,” the girl giggled. Taeyeon just smiled at the girl and nodded. The girl then turned away from Taeyeon and ran back to her group of friends. Just as Taeyeon was finished buttoning up her shirt again, her phone went off with a text message tone.

From: Onew
Hey there Taeyeon. How’s your new job as the Hwang’s butler?
I have a free day tomorrow and I thought I should tell you that I’ll be checking up on you tomorrow. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything suspicious. You won’t even know I’m there.

Taeyeon just chuckled at the text. Onew was a dear friend of hers since as far back as she could remember, which wasn’t really much. Onew was always there to look out for her when ever since she had awoken from the incident and was grateful to have such a friend around her.

To: Onew
Okay then. Just remember that she is the daughter of the Hwangs. She won’t hesitate to turn against you if she finds you suspicious.
Also, do remember that I can take care of myself. After all, I am a man now aren’t I?

Taeyeon gave a sigh as she put her phone back into her pocket. Taeyeon was slightly tired from the work out she had that day. Her injured arm was starting to throb again but it was bearable. As much as she tried, her body was still that of a female and was not really suited for such harsh exercises.

“I just hope the next few weeks will be quiet,” Taeyeon sighed as she massaged her arm. Her watch then suddenly sounded to notify her that it was the start of a new hour. Seeing the sun almost setting, Taeyeon decided that she should head back to Tiffany’s place to prepare her master’s dinner.

 

 

“Where is that good for nothing butler?” Tiffany sighed as she checked the time on her phone. It was almost seven o’clock and Tiffany was starting to get annoyed that her butler wasn’t there to prepare her dinner. The young female walked to the foreign kitchen of hers and dug around the cupboards and fridge to try and find something to eat.

“I should probably start to learn one or two things about cooking. The butlers are no help whatsoever these days,” Tiffany complained when she found herself lost in the kitchen. Just as she was about to give in, her phone sounded with a message tone.

From Jessica:
Hey Tiffany. Are you up for another outing tomorrow?
I invited your cousin to come with us and she said she’s all up for it.
Remember to bring that cute butler of yours. ;]

Tiffany chuckled at Jessica’s message. She knew the real reason as to why Jessica had invited her along with her cousin.

To Jessica:
I have to come along again? You know I hate coming along as a third wheel on your dates with Yuri. You need to learn to share Jessica. Every time the three of us go out somewhere, you’re always hogging my cousin.
Why don’t you switch places with me since you’re obviously closer to her than me? =.=’

From: Jessica
Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?
It’s not my fault that Yuri happens to be more fun around than you. She doesn’t complain every single second about her butler.
AND you’re coming with that cutie butler of yours aren’t you? You won’t be ‘third-wheeling’ if he is. :]

Tiffany gripped both her hands around the phone and pretended to strangle it at Jessica’s irritating messages. Cute was the last thing Tiffany would describe Taeyeon in that moment. Having lost her patience with the new butler, Tiffany decided to call up her father to hopefully fire Taeyeon. Whilst she was finding her father’s number, the door opened abruptly. Tiffany jumped at the sudden intrusion and picked up the nearest knife she could get and held it facing the door.

“Who’s there?!” Tiffany yelled in a nervous voice. From behind the door, a short blonde male stepped out and raised an eyebrow at Tiffany. Tiffany took a sigh of relief and placed the knife back onto the bench top when she recognised the blonde to be Taeyeon.

“Something wrong, milady?” Taeyeon asked curiously. Tiffany shot a glare at Taeyeon’s direction. Her heart was still racing from the fright that the butler had caused her.

“Don’t go charging into someone’s house as if it was your own. I was about to chuck a knife at you, thinking that you were an intruder or something,” Tiffany huffed. After taking a few deep breaths she managed to calm her heart to a normal pace. Taeyeon just smiled apologetically and held her hand out to Tiffany with a reassuring smile.

“I’ll help you to your room as an apology then,” Taeyeon chuckled. Tiffany gritted her teeth at her butler’s seemingly carefree attitude and huffed at her before walking off into her room on her own. Taeyeon looked down at her hand to see if there was some reason behind Tiffany refusing her hand. When she saw that her hand was perfectly safe, she shrugged her shoulders carelessly and continued on with her butler duties.

Once Tiffany was in her room, she slammed the door as hard as she could to signal that she wasn’t pleased with her butler. Giving another annoyed huff, Tiffany landed on her bed and opened up her phone again to text her friend for some comfort.

 

To: Jessica
Cutie butler. As if.
He’s the last person I would want to spend my time with. His irritating carefree attitude is annoying me beyond what the previous butlers have done.
Yeah sure he’s not as old and disgusting as the past ones, but he’s just so… perfect that it’s irritable. Even my father approves of him more than me.

From: Jessica
Haha. Calm down Tiff.
Wow, it seems that you’ve met your match.
Karma comes a long way. This is probably your punishment from being so mean and unforgiving to the past butlers. Accept your punishment Tiff, you can’t run from it.
So are you coming tomorrow?

To: Jessica
Yeah, yeah. Karma this, karma that.
I don’t know how long I’m going to be stuck with this one.
Hey, why don’t we leave the butler in the middle of nowhere tomorrow? I can then tell dad that he quit being a butler and doesn’t want to return.

From: Jessica
Isn’t that a little harsh?
As much as I’m a loyal friend of yours, I am not willing to help you with this one.
You’re on your own.
So I take it that you’re coming? I’m sure Yuri would get a kick out of bullying your new butler. She hasn’t had a young butler to bully in a while.

To: Jessica
Yeah, yeah.
We’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll get rid of him myself, no thanks to you.

 

Tiffany sighed heavily as she threw her phone onto the table beside her. She didn’t understand why her father was always so persistent in keeping a butler for her. She had pleaded to her father many times that she was independent enough to look after herself but her pleas always fell on deaf ears. Eventually, Tiffany thought that if she continued to rid herself of the butlers, her father would give up and give her the independence that she wanted. With Taeyeon being her father’s favourite, she knew she was going to be having a hard time getting rid of her current butler.

‘He does a better job than the others though. If he learns to stop being so irritating then, I guess he would be a fit butler. At least for a month anyway,’ Tiffany thought to herself. She then noted the smell of dinner lingering around her room was rather appealing.

Feeling slightly famished and impatient, Tiffany opened her door again and stormed to the kitchen where her butler was busy cooking her dinner. Whilst Taeyeon was cooking, Tiffany could hear the butler sing in barely a whisper as her hands were busy chopping or stirring. Wanting to irritate the butler, Tiffany decided to become harsh on the poor blonde.

“I did not permit you to sing whilst you prepare my food. What if you accidently burn something? Or even worse, what if you spat in the food whilst you sing? It is really unhygienic and personally disgusting,” the arrogant master complained. Being the patient person that she was, Taeyeon silenced her vocal chords and continued to prepare the dinner without a single complaint. Feeling disappointed that the butler did not retaliate, Tiffany sat down onto the dining table and gave an annoyed huff.

“Yuri and Jessica arranged to meet up with me tomorrow. Be sure you’re not late again,” Tiffany gritted through her teeth. The sound of food cooking filled the silent building along with the sweet aroma that was being emitted. As much as Tiffany disliked it, she had to admit that she was sick of the cooking of her past butlers and the constant take out from restaurants. There was probably a reason why the butlers were better at physical work than cooking.

“I believe that I arrived five minutes earlier than the require time but I shall be sure that I am at least half an hour early and waiting by your doorstep to be sure that I do not risk the chances of being on time if that is what you wish,” Taeyeon answered back fluently. Tiffany was stunned at the butler’s sudden courage to talk back to her and wanted to display her authority by correcting him but nothing came to her mind. Not only had the butler talked against her, but Taeyeon also left no room for a reply or even a further comment from Tiffany.

“Is there anything else you wish to address, or do I have too many errors to fix?” Taeyeon turned around with the pan in her hand and reached out to the side to bring a plate underneath the plan. Tiffany emitted a low growl of disapproval at Taeyeon but merely bit her tongue and kept quiet. She had already lost too many verbal duels against the butler and did not wish to damage her dignity any more that day.

As Tiffany was staring blankly at the wall to her left, Taeyeon continued to prepare the dinner with much difficulty. Her left arm which was holding onto the pan was unsteady as the pain slowly started to affect her. After the rigorous exercise of climbing trees, the blood had started pumping faster through her body and as a side effect. Her arm was throbbing where the deep gash was located as the pan in her hand was starting to wobble. Quickly finishing off the preparations of the plate with her right hand, she switched the pan to her right and dropped her left to her side immediately to rest it before finishing off the final touches to her master’s dinner.

“Dinner is served,” Taeyeon called out proudly as she placed the pan into the sink. She held the plate in her right hand and placed it in front of Tiffany. Tiffany was reluctant to turn around but she was honestly starting to feel quite hungry and with the sweet aroma of Taeyeon’s cooking, the temptation was too much to bear. Grudgingly, Tiffany took up her utensils and started eating.

Taeyeon bowed slightly to Tiffany and returned to the kitchen where the dishes were waiting for her. Rolling up the sleeves of her coat, Taeyeon proceeded with her duties with the dulling pain in her left arm. She knew that the bandage on her arm had to be changed as she could feel the dampness of the material but she had her priorities.

“Once you finished with the dishes you can leave. Just wash up the rest tomorrow,” Tiffany’s low voice broke the eerie silence. Taeyeon merely nodded in response and continued to quickly but efficiently clean the dishes. As Tiffany was eating her dinner, she noticed that there was something not quite right with her butler. Whilst Taeyeon was washing the dishes, she noted that the butler was biting down hard onto her lower lip. Before she could voice out any questions, Taeyeon turned around with a bright smile and dried her hands.

“I shall be here tomorrow to accompany you with Miss Jessica and Miss Yuri. Rest well, milady,” Taeyeon bowed once again before rolling down the sleeves of her coat. Tiffany merely nodded slowly to dismiss the butler but she could not shake off the odd feeling with her butler.

Taeyeon on the other hand was more animated. She knew she had to change her bandage but she did not wish to trouble Tiffany and therefore wished to return home to attend the wound. When Tiffany nodded towards her to dismiss her, Taeyeon casually walked to the door and prepared to leave.

“Wait,” Tiffany suddenly voiced. Taeyeon inwardly let out a groan but nevertheless, she pulled off a fake smile and turned back to Tiffany. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon for a good moment. She knew something was wrong.

“Are you…” Tiffany started off awkwardly. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow to signal for her to continue but was only met with a longer silence. Tiffany sighed heavily and shook her head slowly.

“Never mind. I expect you to be here on time tomorrow,” Tiffany said quietly. She did not feel comfortable with asking if there was something wrong with her butler and decided to let her thoughts go. Taeyeon sighed with relief at the thought of not having to do anything else for the day and bowed once more to Tiffany.

As Taeyeon was closing the door behind her, Tiffany noticed something slide down Taeyeon’s wrist and fall onto the floor like a liquid. Once the door closed, Tiffany decided to get up from her seat and examine just what it was that fell from Taeyeon’s hand. When Tiffany squatted down and squinted at the floor of her entrance, she saw three drops of bright red thick liquid on the floor.

“Was he…” Tiffany mumbled to herself. She then let out a guilty groan and sat on the floor of her front entrance. It had only occurred to her now that the reason behind Taeyeon’s sudden quietness and awkward aura was due to the injury that had been inflicted just recently.

“You’re such a heartless creature Tiffany,” the lonesome female sighed to herself. She then decided that she would make a mental note to take it slightly easier on the injured butler the next day and returned to her dinner that the butler had painfully prepared. Although this was the perfect chance to push her butler to the limit and replace him, she knew that the injury was inflicted because of her and did not wish to throw the karma scales too far off the balance.

“He could’ve just said something,” Tiffany muttered silently.

 

 

 

 

 


 

Yupp... 

SURPRISE :D

xD

Anywho, as u can see there are some major changes here but the overall plot remained the same.

The main whole idea of the story will remain the same but some minor sub plots will change.

For example, TaeNy and YulSic will not be getting together so quick. They will go through a 'courting' stage this time :)

Also, some of the subplots may be out of order compared to the old version ^^

But nevertheless. It still remains the same :)