I

Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: This fanfiction discusses sensitive themes. Reader discretion is adviced. None of the characters' views represent my views on any issue. I'll be adding more alternative viewpoints as the story progresses and more characters come in.

 

 

Oasis

 

Let's paint the picture of the perfect place
They've got it better than when anyone's told ya
They'll be the King of Hearts, and you're the Queen of Spades
Then we'll fight for you like we were your soldiers

 

"You ing ."

A whimper resounds down the streets, the boy being held roughly by the shoulders choking out a plea. He looks no older than twenty, feminine features a clear giveaway to his status—an Omega. A burly, much older man hovers menacingly over him.

"Let me go. I didn't do it, I swear. He came up to me," the Omega begs as the man clutches tighter, veins scrawling over his arms.

"You still dare to talk back to me when you flirted with another Alpha behind my back?" The older man seethes. "Wait till we get home. You want it so badly, you ? I'll give it to you." He lugs the Omega into the car and harshly pushes him in.

Youngjae feels Minki tense in his grasp and he holds his friend tighter, coaxing him not to be rash. This has happened countless of times. They can't do anything about it if they don't want to get hurt.

Youngjae can guesses what will happen at home behind closed doors for Omegas. He grits his teeth. This sort of treatment against Omegas has persisted since the start of their kind. Though they've come a long way over the years, Omegas are still at the brunt of much abuse across the globe, convictions light for perpetrators. These Alpha bastards are even let off scott-free because the law favours them, just like every other aspect of the world. Career, education, even in health—Alphas are the top priority. Every Alpha knows it, and they certainly act their role as the top of the food chain. They're always wanting their way, and this mindset drills down into each Omega's greatest fears.

It's revolting, but revolution is far to come with how the Alphas are dominating the Omegas so intensely. The entire social hierachy is far too deeply imbued into society, digging into every crevice of the earth. Omegas get the shorter end of the stick for just about everything: education, jobs, housing, salary, etc. Alphas are given priority in the workforce, the coporate world being infested with Alphas, while Omegas are confined to mainly low-skilled jobs. Even the Betas have not escaped the discrimination, being allocated lower salaries despite being just as skilled and sharing the same position. The Alphas stand at the very top, crushing the Betas below, and all the way down in the pit of hell lies the Omegas.

Where Youngjae lies.

"Minki," Youngjae whispers, tightening his arm around Minki's waist. The Omega glares so hard at the car driving off, eyes nearly crossing from pure vexation, before reluctantly tearing his eyes away.

Every male is branded from birth on their neck, making their fates inescapable. Many have tried to cover up the mark but Omegas are naturally born weaker and much more feminine-looking than Alphas and Betas, usually with smaller builts and ia and a higher difficulty in building up muscle mass. Youngjae had suffered all his life as an Omega, deprived of proper education and career aspects. His status had been devestatingly obvious with his pretty face, alike to Minki. 

They had met six years ago, Minki having been pinned against the wall in an alley by a thug. He had shrieked for help as Youngjae paced past, the latter sinking into his hoodie with a mask over his face. Mercifully, Youngjae had been blessed broader shoulders rare in his rank, thus when he covered up, he could often pull off looking like a Beta. Youngjae and Minki had met eyes as the hooligan began undressing Minki, and Youngjae had walked off. Every Omega knows better to involve themselves in such things—stepping in is simply a one-way ticket to hell.

Youngjae returned with a metal pole and shakily incapacitated the Alpha with a ruthless blow to the head, one that mustered all his strength and left him panting at the sheer ferocity. He had grabbed Minki's hand and ran all the way to his apartment to hide. If the police were to find out an Omega attacked an Alpha, he would be sentenced much heavier than normal, and an Omega would never survive in jail surrounded by ravenous, inhumane Alphas. Minki and Youngjae became close friends afterwards, sticking together through thick and thin.

They walk ahead, Youngjae's stride sturdy and determined. Despite being direly unfortunate and coming into the world as an Omega, Youngjae's ambition only grew with the torment he endured. He had been grievously cautious enough to never let himself be vulnerable to any sort of attacks, but even protected, Youngjae still endured taunts and catcalls. He spent most of his life cooped in his room, scouring online for resources and getting his degree through a cyber university. These kind of pursuits were often laughed at since Omegas stood no chance in the working world against Alphas. Omegas were meant to doll up and look pretty for Alphas, and pray to God they would attract a kind and rich mate. But Youngjae was far too embittered to go down such a humiliating road, and he was hell bent of cheating the screwed up system.

Over the years, Youngjae had perfected his facade with Minki's help. Every morning, the make-up artist contours Youngjae's face into one more wide and square. He masks the Omega symbol scarred into Youngjae's neck and draws on the Alpha one. Then, he scrawls lacerations across Youngjae's face, those that rogue Alphas often have due to their barbaric inclination to get into fights over highly-sought Omegas. Youngjae speaks only when necessary and uses the toilet only when absolutely urgent, going for the cubicles instead of the urinals. To finish off his facade, Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter