Chapter 11

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 11

 

My heart was going crazy seeing how Se Hun was just across the room from where I was. I tried to ignore his presence by looking around the room and trying to find something interesting to keep my attention, but that didn’t work as well as I hoped it would. I didn’t know half the people in the room other than my fiancé, my friends, and of course, my parents. It also didn’t help that I was now on my fourth glass of red wine that I knew I shouldn’t have taken in the first place.

I felt uncomfortable and wouldn’t stop moving around. Se Hun was looking over at me and even though I didn’t see it for myself, I just knew he was because I could feel his eyes. It was too bad that he was the center of attention right now, but why was he looking over at me as if no one was staring at him and watching his every move? Was he not ashamed to be looking at someone who was supposed to get married soon?

And just to my luck, I had no one to talk to since Jin Hyuk and Jung Ah were standing a few feet away from me talking amongst their selves. It looked like they were getting along well from where I was, which was a good thing since she was my best friend and I wanted her to like my husband-to-be. She was smiling the whole time while Jin Hyuk spoke. It made me curious about their conversation since they didn’t decide to include me in it.

Oh, let’s not forget Jae Hyun, who was enjoying every little bit of my misery. He had been talking to people here and there, but he’d glance back at me and show me that annoying little sly smirk of his, making me wonder why I still befriended him in the first place. He even once walked past me and nudged me, letting out a few words about Se Hun, which he knew annoyed me. Goodness, he was always going to be the Choi Jae Hyun I wanted to kill every now and then.

“Why do you seem so tense, Soo Jin?” I flinched when I felt Jin Hyuk slip his hands into mine since I thought he was still talking to Jung Ah. “Is there something wrong?”

“W-what? N-no, there’s nothing wrong…” I stuttered as I turned around and faced him with a smile. “I was just zoning out.”

“Aren’t you always?” He squeezed my hand. “I’m sorry I haven’t been by you the whole night.”

“No, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it, really.” I reached up and slightly touched his cheek. “Do you realize how many businessmen are here? Who knows what could happen? I wouldn’t want to be in the way if you happen to make an amazing deal with one of them.”

Jin Hyuk reached down and just as he was about to kiss me, he stopped. “I want everyone in this room to know that you’re mine, seeing that there are a few guys looking over at you, but then they’d get a little too jealous.”

“Well, I don’t want them to think that I’m interested in them.” I reached up and kissed him, not caring what people would think. “Because you’re the only one that I want to be with…”

“Oh my god, you two. Stop it.” Jung Ah said as she grabbed my glass of wine and took a big gulp of it before spitting it back into the glass. “You two are just as disgusting as this wine!”

Jin Hyuk chuckled at her behavior. “Well, we’re a lot sweeter than the wine, of course.”

“I’m going to go to the guys.” Jung Ah said pointing back to the boys across the room with her hand. “Jin Hyuk, you should come with!”

“Who are they?” Jin Hyuk looked over at me before looking over at Jung Ah again.

“They’re our friends from high school.” Jung Ah answered rather quickly. “We’re actually all really good friends.”

“Is that so?” He let out a dry laugh. “Soo Jin, I feel like I’m learning a lot about you.”

I narrowed my eyes at Jung Ah because even though she probably didn’t do this on purpose, I knew she had some intentions to piss me off tonight. She was placing me in an awkward position and it was getting worse by the minute.

“What?” Jung Ah raised her eyebrow at me.

I didn’t say anything, afraid that I would’ve just said something stupid instead.

“So?” She turned back to Jin Hyuk.

“I’d love to meet these guys.” Jin Hyuk said with his lips pursed. He then looked over at me as if I was suppose to give him an ‘okay’.

“Who cares what Soo Jin says, Jin Hyuk. Let’s go.” Jung Ah grabbed his arm and pulled him away from me before I could interject.

I was about to walk after them, but I felt a pair of hands grab onto my arm and pull me back before I could take another step forward.

“Well, won’t this be interesting?” Jae Hyun asked as he let go of my arm and smirked at me, making me glare at him in response.

“Shut up, Jae Hyun.” I whispered as I grabbed myself a new glass of wine since Jung Ah spit my wine back out. “You’re purposely doing this, aren’t you?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Soo Jin.” He chuckled as he asked for a glass of wine from a waiter who happened to walk by. “But I am enjoying this, if that’s what you’re asking.”

I rolled my eyes before taking a big gulp of my wine.

“I feel like our relationship is just about being cats and dogs, don’t you?” Jae Hyun laughed at his non-funny joke. “We’re always fighting or arguing about something.”

“That’s because you’re just being an .” I furrowed my eyebrows, trying my best not to yell the next time I’d speak.

“Loosen up a little, why don’t you, Soo Jin?” He raised an eyebrow along with his glass.

“How is this even funny to you?” I groaned like a little kid. “Nothing about this is supposed to be funny!”

“It’s because the way you’re acting is funny and a little strange.” He shrugged. “I mean, you’re acting like it’s such a big deal when it clearly isn’t.”

“Not a big deal?” My eyes widened. “You and I both know very well what’s going on right now and how bad the situation could get!”

“I’d like to see how bad the situation could get, actually.” He pressed the glass up to his lip as his eyes rolled up, making it look like he was in deep thought.

“Yah…” I hissed.

“Look, Soo Jin, I think you’re overreacting, okay? Jin Hyuk meeting your friends doesn’t mean anything bad and don’t you want him to meet your friends?” Jae Hyun took a sip of his wine before lowering his glass. “I mean, we’re all going to be at your wedding, right? It’d be nice for him to know who these people are if they attend.”

I bit my lip in frustration. “I never told Jin Hyuk about any of you guys, honestly.”

“Why not?”

“I just never thought about it…” I whispered.

“Or is it because you never wanted him to know…” He leaned towards me to whisper in my ear. “…about that one guy…?”

I pushed Jae Hyun away from me before glaring at him again. He was really testing my patience tonight and it was starting to aggravate me.

Jae Hyun laughed as he raised his hands up, pretending like he was caught. “Hey, you can’t be mad about me for just stating the obvious reason. There’s nothing about that that you should or can hide.”

I looked down at my feet and let out a breath. It was true, even though I didn’t want to admit it. He was stating the obvious reason and I hated that Jae Hyun knew me so well. I looked up at him since he was still standing in front of me, as if he was waiting for me to respond, but I honestly had nothing else to say to him. I looked over at Jung Ah and Jin Hyuk, who were talking to the guys and seemed to be enjoying their time with them, but I couldn’t help but notice that there were two people missing from the group.

“I guess since you’ll always have a little hate towards me, I’ll leave for a bit.” Jae Hyun patted my shoulder before he turned around and let me stand there alone with all these annoying thoughts running through my mind.

Or at least I thought I was alone…

“You look beautiful tonight, Ahn Soo Jin.” I heard someone whisper into my ear and just like that, I knew whose voice that belonged to.

My body felt stiff. I didn’t want to turn around. Just like Jung Ah, I knew Jae Hyun had set me up just now. It was no wonder he talked about me hating him before leaving me here. If Jung Ah wasn’t enough to kill, I had to remind myself to kill Jae Hyun too for thinking that he was slick because he wasn’t. Why couldn’t he just tell me that the guy was behind me or even warn me so I could be mentally prepared? People just liked surprising me lately…

“How was that kiss with your fiancé? Were you trying to put on a show?” He continued, showing the aggravation in his voice.

I took a deep breath, ignoring the person behind me and took a step forward, but I felt like tonight was a night where people liked to hold onto me. I closed my eyes and covered my face with my friend hand before forcing myself to face the person I didn’t want to face.

“I try to get used to you walking away from me, but I just can’t seem to even after all these years.” His voice was soft and serene, as if he only wanted me to hear it out all of the voices that were surrounding us. “When will I get used to this?”

“What? You think this is a joke?” I hissed under my breath while clenching my hands into fists.

“Who said this was a joke?” He raised an eyebrow before rolling his eyes. “Why can’t you just be serious when I am?”

“I don’t want to talk to you.” I said with a stern look on my face. “Let go of me.”

“I will never let go of you.” He emphasized before squeezing my arm to assure me that he was being serious about it.

I looked away from him while biting my bottom lip. His grip was firm on my arm and I knew he wasn’t going to let go unless I forced him to, but I didn’t want to cause a scene. It was a good thing that Jung Ah still had Jin Hyuk occupied by the guys, who all actually seemed comfortable, and of course, that stupid Choi Jae Hyun, who was whispering whatever the hell he had to tell her into Jung Ah’s ears. Those two are so dead when I talk to them again!

“You never look me in the eye anymore.” Se Hun spoke, breaking the awkward but tense silence between the two of us.

“There’s no reason to.” I replied with a sigh.

“Are you afraid?” He asked, making me feel like I was frozen.

“Why should I be afraid?” I asked.

“Then why don’t you look at me?”

“It’s because I don’t need to.”

I knew he was tempting me, but I didn’t want him to lure me into one of his stupid traps because then he’d think he had won. I tried to find something to keep myself from trying to look over at him, but nothing was helping.

Se Hun suddenly grabbed my chin and tried to make me look at him, but I only turned my face away from him, causing him to scoff.

“Stop, Se Hun.” I hated that he was doing this to me when Jin Hyuk wasn’t even that far from where we were and who knows what could happen if he were to see us like this.

“Then look at me.” His voice was demanding this time and it made the hair on my neck rise.

“Why? Why do you want me to look at you that badly?!” I growled as I met my eyes with his, only to regret it the moment it happened.

“Because I want to look at you, Ahn Soo Jin.” He whispered as he looked back into my eyes, making the memories of our past flashback into my mind.

I felt my lips trembling as my eyes were shaking. I wanted to look away, but I just couldn’t even when I kept telling myself to. I haven’t stared at him like this in so long that it made me wonder if I was even staring at him or if I was only dreaming. Just gazing into his eyes made it feel like there was no around us and the sounds of people talking disappeared, making our heartbeats the only sound that was audible between the two of us. It didn’t seem real even after all these years…

“The way you look at me never changed, Soo Jin…” He whispered quietly so only I could hear.

I could feel my eyes getting wet from the tears that were forming. I wanted to look away and even tried forcing myself, but they were still gazing right into his eyes like they were glued there. My heart was beating so rapidly, I felt like I could feel it pounding against my chest roughly and uncontrollably. I hated this feeling. I hated it so much because my heart missed and yearned for it even if it was wrong.

“You’re fiancé here is beautiful.” Se Hun suddenly said as he turned his attention to the side, making the sounds around us suddenly become loud again. “I’m jealous that you got her before I could make her mine.”

I quickly looked over to where Se Hun was looking and saw Jin Hyuk standing there staring at the both of us and it made me feel guilty that I was just gazing into another man’s eyes.

 

 



Author's Note: Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well! Sorry, I've been so busy with work and getting prepped for this upcoming fall since uni starts back again in less than a month ㅠㅠ!! I will try my best on updates since I am trying to write a lot more so I can update without making you all wait so long, but I don't want to disappoint you all :P But still, thanks for still supporting the story despite the slow updates^^ Enjoy.