Of Doodles and Lab Partners (Kaisoo)

the exo genderbend oneshot project!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: of doodles and lab partners
pairing: girl!d.o/kai
genre: fluff
rating: PG
summary: it's the first day of a new semester and Jongin found out that his new lab partner is a girl by the name of do kyungsoo.
a/n: this oneshot is from a prompt sent here by anonymous~ don't hesitate to send more guys!

“Take a good look at yourself, and consider your life choices, Kim Jongin,”

 

Jongin grumbled half-heartedly as he scratched the back of his head in mild frustration. If there’s one life choice to consider, it’s whether taking the extra leap of faith to befriend Oh Sehun fifteen years ago at the local playground was a smart move after all.

Sehun, Jongin’s only best friend growing up, has a knack for all things snarky. He was a complete contrast from Jongin- whilst Jongin was shy and to dorky to save his life, Sehun had an air of class around him, and pretty much flawless. Nevertheless, underneath that façade, he’s a bigger giant of a baby than Jongin normally is (especially when it comes to bubble tea and plush toys).

“You’re one to talk,” Jongin grumbled, twirling the pencil in his hand absent-mindedly. It was eight in the morning and both Sehun and Jongin were definitely not morning people, hence it was merely snaps thrown at one another before their professor comes in.

 

“You’re head over heels for your lab partner, so frankly, you’re one to talk,” Sehun managed a snort, rolling his eyes before they catch the sight of his best friend doodling ‘Do Kyungsoo ♡’ all over his notebook.

“Yah, cut it out. Get a good grip of yourself, jeez,” Sehun snatched the pencil from his nimble fingers. “I just don’t get why you’re so in love with her man, seriously,”

Jongin sighed for the umpteenth time. Where does one begin with Do Kyungsoo?

 

 

It was the start of the first semester of Jongin’s second year, and he was already late to his first Applied Chemistry class. It was all Sehun’s fault, he grumbled in his mind as both him and the lanky boy raced throughout the hallways of the Applied Sciences faculty, searching for Lab A-4005 to be exact.

The night before, Sehun brought him to the nearest dingy bar just a few miles away from their campus grounds. “I need to drink, and I know you don’t drink, but I need you to carry my drunk home,” He offered nonchalantly as he slung an arm over Jongin’s shoulders as their shoes slapped against the pavement. As a result, both boys got back to their dorms at an ungodly hour in the morning, with Sehun having too much to drink and Jongin having too much of Sehun to carry.

 

“It’s all your… ing… fault,” Jongin breathed out, absolutely pissed at his best friend as his eyes wildly searched for the venue of their very first class.

Sehun was probably too hungover and tired to shoot a snarky reply as he kept mum, legs wearing out from exhaustion and eyes darting all over the place before he spotted Lab A-4005. One arm reached for Jongin as he pulled him close before opening the door and abruptly entered the already full classroom.

 

“Ah- Mr. Kim and Mr. Oh. As always,” Their lecturer, Professor Son, an elderly yet slightly eccentric man greeted them with an unpleased look on his face.

“We’re sorry, Professor Son! We uh… overslept,” Sehun shot out, a hand sneakily forcing Jongin by the neck to bow down as he went.

“Again, as always,” He muttered, eyes blinking in boredom before gesturing towards the array of white lab coats hung by the door of the classroom. “You two get your coats and find your respective seats immediately. Oh Sehun, you sit by the door here and Kim Jongin- you’re at the back of the class. Now go, before you waste anymore of your peers’ precious time,”

Both Jongin and Sehun frowned in unison, appalled that they were already separated apart when the first lesson barely even started. “Excuse me sir, but why-”

“I’ve already assigned your lab partners so if you boys could stop standing around and actually make yourselves useful by walking to your respective seats, that would be appreciative,” Professor Son cut Sehun before he could even finish his sentence. “Now go, and feel sorry for your future lab partners,”

 

Silence ensued as both boys sulkily walked to their empty seats. Jongin knew that this was disastrous, and he should’ve taken Applied Chemistry next semester and avoid the wrath that is Professor Son. Sighing loudly, he dragged the wooden stool just enough for him to manoeuvre onto his seat.

It took him approximately a minute to realise that his lab partner was a girl, and that he hadn’t seen her around before. He glanced to his right and noticed several things about her- she had a shoulder-length bob and a nicely trimmed fringe to complete. Her eyes were ridiculously round and bright, and her lips were… kissable, safe to say. Her scent reminded him of peaches on a lovely autumn evening.

 

“Um…”

“These are the materials and modules you need throughout the whole semester,” Her voice sounded melodious in his ears as she whispered while pushing a sheet of scribbled paper across the table. “Copy this quick- I need it back,”

Jongin blinked, still somewhat in a daze but he listened and grabbed for his pencil and paper, religiously jotting down her words into his own. “I’m Jongin, by the way,” He lifted his attention from the paper towards his new lab partner, a small blush tainting his cheeks.

“I know,” Jongin blinked rapidly at her rapidly, mouth slightly agape in marvel. “Well… Professor Son did announce who our lab partners are earlier. And besides, you seem to be quite the student,” She giggled softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’m Do Kyungsoo,”

“Kyungsoo…” He let her name sink in, liking the way it sounded on his lips. He tried to take all of her in- she seemed like a bright student, highly sensible and obviously attractive too. Jongin didn’t know where he got that streak of luck, but nevertheless he secretly thanked the gods above for giving him such a lovely lab partner.

“Mr. Kim Jongin, if you’re done ogling at your new lab partner, would you mind if I continue with our lesson for the day?”

 

 

It has been two weeks since the semester started. Jongin and Sehun were at the cafeteria after a long morning of classes, munching on sandwiches and chips when a certain someone caught Jongin’s attention. Kyungsoo was walking past their table, alongside her two best friends (or more like people she unfortunately can’t get rid of), Baekhyun and Chanyeol whom were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter