First Day of Class

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6xkx_cxTZA

Soyou x Urban Zakapa: Space

------------------------------------

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” a voice giggled.

Yoonjung peeled her drowsy eyes open to see that morning had come. It wasn’t easy waking up after playing Monopoly until two in the morning with her fantastic roommates. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up and looked at the clock on the wall.

“It’s time for class. Today is the first day, and you don’t want to be late,” Seulli said with a bright smile.

“First day…” Yoonjung sighed. She dreaded going to classes, but she was excited to see the campus. Still…staying in bed for a few more minutes sounded enticing as well.

“Come on! Get up!” Seulli tugged on her arm.

The door flung open, and Inna came in with bags of food. “I brought breakfast! Bagels and coffee-“

“COFFEE!” Dajung raced inside.

“Whoa. Where did you come from?” Seulli laughed. “I swear you just went to shower.”

“I can smell coffee from miles away.” Dajung inhaled the scent and sighed in complete bliss. “Thanks, Inna. You’re a lifesaver.” She smiled appreciatively at her.

“No problem.” Inna beamed. “I figured we all need some energizing today.”

Yoonjung climbed down from her bunk bed.

“Here,” Inna handed her a cup of coffee.

“Thank you.” Yoonjung took a sip and smiled. She felt all grown up already. She sent a good morning text to her father before going to wash up.

With the help of Inna, Yoonjung chose the perfect outfit to wear for her first day of class.

The four of them left the room together but separated to go different ways. Yoonjung and Dajung went together because their buildings were in the same direction. They compared classes and realized they had Biology 101 together.

“I’m so glad you’re my roommate,” Yoonjung said with a sigh as she leaned against her friend.

Dajung chuckled, “Me, too. We’re meant to be together. We can be the Jung sisters.”

Yoonjung laughed, “That’s good. I like that.” They found their first class and sat together.

Yoonjung wasn’t as nervous with Dajung around. They conversed until the professor came in. Yoonjung paid attention as the professor went over the syllabus. After a down-to-earth ice breaking game, the class was dismissed early.

“My next class is on the other side of campus.” Dajung made a face. “I better head over there now. See you later, yeah?”

“Yeah.” Yoonjung was disappointed they didn’t have many classes together.

“Tell me how your day goes. Good luck!” Dajung left with a wave.

“You, too!” Yoonjung waved. She turned in the direction she was supposed to go and sighed. She hugged her books to her chest and uneasily looked around as she moved forward. She had some spare time left and didn’t know what else to do. She hoped to make more friends soon. She wasn’t used to being so alone. Her friends from high school had always been flocking over her. Now she felt more lonely than ever.

Her phone rang, and she jerked it out of her pocket with the hope that it might be JB.

Yoonjung brightened when there was a video call from Bambam. She answered right away, “BAMBAM!”

“JUNGIE JUNGIE!” He called out her nickname and caused her to laugh. It felt nice to feel that familiar warmth in her stomach. “I was thinking about you,” Yoonjung confessed.

“I know. I felt this telepathic connection in my head.” Bambam closed his eyes and touched his temple.

“Really?” She asked in disbelief. His eyes popped open, and he grinned. “Nope.”

“You’re silly,” Yoonjung laughed.

Bambam laughed along. “It’s good to hear your laugh.”

“Thanks. It’s good to see you. Believe it or not, you’re the first one to call me today,” Yoonjung said.

Bambam gasped, “What is JB doing not taking care of his girl?! How dare he!”

Yoonjung chuckled, “Right? But no, it’s okay. I know how busy he is lately.”

“Yeah, I heard. The company really loves him. I’m thinking he’s going to debut soon. Oh, when he becomes richer than he already is, you better demand him to get you a lot of things,” he teased.

“I will,” she joked back.

“Hey, I have to go to class, too, but take care, all right? I’ll check on you later,” he promised.

“Yeah, see you. Thanks, Bambam.” She waved. He waved back, and the call ended.

Energized by his call, Yoonjung headed to class. She met a couple people there, but they didn’t exchange information yet. She went to her third class of the day and was grateful that she wasn’t late at all. Yoonjung texted her roommates to check how their day was going so far.

‘Don’t ask. I got so much homework already.’ – Seulli.

‘I met some cuties. ;)’ – Inna.

‘It’s going great! How about yours, Yoonjung?’ – Dajung.

Yoonjung was about to reply when a deep voice asked, “Is this seat taken?”

She looked up to see a tall, handsome guy with sharp facial features and big, curious eyes. He had the physique of a model and the face of an idol.

“Can I sit here?” He asked. “Oh, sure.” She moved her backpack to the other side.

The male took his backpack off and sat beside her.

“First class of the day?” He asked. She shook her head. “Third.”

“Oh, cool. What’s your name?” He asked.

“Seo Yoonjung,” she replied.

“I’m Nam Joohyuk.” He held out his hand. 

Yoonjung took it. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Joohyuk shook her hand. “Same here.” He released her hand and leaned back in his seat. “What high school did you go to?”

“JYP.”

“No way. My cousin went there.”

“Oh, who?”

“His name is Kim Namho.”

“I know him. He’s nice and really smart.” She smiled. It was nice knowing someone who knew her high school.

“Yeah, too smart for his own good. He went to KAIST,” Joohyuk replied.

“That’s awesome. I knew he would get into a great school,” Yoonjung laughed. “So what school did you go to?”

“I came from abroad. I went to school in New Zealand,” Joohyuk answered.

“That’s nice. I want to study abroad one day,” Yoonjung said.

“You should try New Zealand then. It’s a nice country. People are pretty nice, and the scenery is amazing,” Joohyuk explained.

Yoonjung smiled. “It sounds nice. I’ll be sure to consider that as an option. What’s your major?”

“Biology.”

“Me, too. For what?”

“I want to do physical therapy.”

“Oh!”

“I wanted to be a soccer player, but I injured my knee, so I want to do that instead.”

“Oh.”

“You’re saying oh a lot,” Joohyuk pointed out.

Yoonjung laughed, “Sorry. I just didn’t know how to respond. It’s nice you’re still pursing something for sports though. You’ll be able to heal other people.”

Joohyuk smiled back. “What about you?”

“I want to be a veterinarian,” Yoonjung answered.

“That’s awesome. You look like a cat person,” Joohyuk said.

Yoonjung gave him an amused smile. “Dog, actually.”

Joohyuk shrugged, “I just guessed. Fifty-fity chance, right?”

Yoonjung laughed. She was starting to like him. He reminded her of her guy friends.

The professor came in at that moment and introduced herself. She went over the syllabus briefly before asking the class to get into a group of four.

Joohyuk turned to Yoonjung. “You and me, okay?”

“Okay.” She smiled.

“Perfect.” He grinned. “We just need two more.”

They managed to find a guy and a girl to be in a group with.

The professor declared they would be a group for the rest of the semester and suggested they get to know each other.

After chatting comfortably, the four of them exchanged numbers. Class ended, and everyone started to leave.

“See you next time, yeah?” Joohyuk waved as he walked backwards.

“Later.” Yoonjung waved back and left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_iNFQhr6AI

Exo: First Love

--------------------------------------

Yoonjung had a couple hours to spare until her next class. Her stomach grumbled, and she put a hand over her growling belly. It’s time for lunch. Who to eat with? She texted her roommates but they were all too busy to eat with her.

Yoonjung headed to the cafetaria and explored the menus.

“Hey! Seo Yoonjung!” A deep, loud voice yelled from one of the tables. She spun around and her eyes widened as a towering giant advanced towards her at an alarmingly rapid pace.

“P-Park Chanyeol?!” Yoonjung sputtered.

She couldn’t believe it.

The once-annoying male from the crew Exo was here at her university.

Judging from the YONSEI sweater he was wearing, he seemed to be a part of the school.

“I didn’t know you were coming here!” Chanyeol grinned.

Long ago, she thought he would never smile at her so genuinely like that. For the mere reason she was part of JYP, he used to despise her, and the rude bunch of his friends (known as Exo-Devils) would never stop haunting her. Now, they were all good friends, and she was quite glad to meet a familiar face.

“I didn’t know you were going to Yonsei,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter