Same Feelings, Different Boy

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSnPkJSGRQ8

GOT7: Home Run

-------------------------------

Yoonjung turned her head and stared at the male sitting by her side.

He was too busy browsing through a magazine on his phone to even look up at her.

“…You do realize Seoul National University is in the opposite direction, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“You do realize you need to also unpack and settle into your dormitory?”

“Yes.”

“You do realize-“

“That you’re talking way too much right now.” Mark finally lifted up his gaze and looked at her.

An amused smile was playing on his face. “I got everything, Yoonjung. I know I need to go to school, too. I know it’s going to take more than an hour to go to my school. I know I won’t be settled in until tomorrow at this rate.”

Yoonjung softened. “And yet…you’ll take me to school?”

“And yet…I’ll take you,” Mark mumbled gently.

Yoonjung felt a shudder of warmth run through her, and she shivered.

Mark glanced at her exposed hands and frowned. “I should tape the mittens to your hands. You’re cold,” he stated.

“Oh. Yeah…a bit…” That’s not why I was shivering though, she thought to herself.

Mark released an exasperated sigh. “One of these days, you’re going to freeze to death, and I won’t be there to help you.”

Not…be there? Yoonjung started to panic at the idea of Mark not being there for her. She didn’t know exactly why. Before, the idea had just startled her, but now, she was scared. What made her nervous even more was the fact that she hadn’t even felt such a panic for JB before. She snapped out of her thoughts when warm hands took hers. She lifted her gaze and looked into Mark’s soulful eyes.

For a moment, she thought he was going to put her hands in his pockets. But he directed them into her own pockets, and disappointment washed over her. What’s wrong with me? What am I thinking? Why would Mark do that for me? I’m not his girlfriend. I’m JB’s girlfriend.

The thought of JB depressed her.

Ten minutes later, the subway came to their stop.

Mark grabbed her bags and stepped out with her.

“I’ll carry one of them,” she offered. He shook his head. “Go on. Lead the way. I don’t know your campus very well.

” “All right then,” Yoonjung led him into Yonsei University. She kept offering to hold one of her bags, but he just ignored her. “Rude,” she scoffed. He smirked but said nothing.

Yoonjung used her access card to enter the dormitory, and Mark followed her up. She opened the door and realized it was empty. The beds were full, which meant her roommates had come back, but none of them were in the room at the moment.

“Right here,” Yoonjung said as she pointed to her desk. “You can just drop my things of here.”

Mark did as told and looked around the room. “Which one is your bed?”

“It’s this one,” she said proudly as she patted one of the top bunks.

“What if you roll over and fall to your death in your sleep?” Mark was only half-joking.

Yoonjung whacked his arm. “Way to curse me. If I do die like that, I’ll make sure to haunt you for jinxing me.”

Mark grinned and looked around. He spotted a photo of their friends and softened. “You have our photo with you?”

“Always. Don’t you?” Yoonjung opened one of her bags and took out all her new books.

“…Yeah.” I only carry around a photo of you, Mark thought.

Yoonjung opened her closet and sighed, “So much unpacking to do.”

“Do you want me to help?” Mark asked. Yoonjung made a face. “No, thanks. I don’t want you to see anything inappropriate of mine.”

“What kind of inappropriate things are we talking about here?” Mark moved closer. Yoonjung gave him a wide-eyed look. “I swear I just saw Jackson in you right now.”

“You’re dodging the question.” Mark leaned in with a sly grin. “What kind of inappropriate things are you talking about? Is there a side of Seo Yoonjung I don’t know?”

Yoonjung flushed. “I meant my underwear and girl things, you ert! I should call you Jackson from now on!”

“Call me that and see what happens,” he threatened.

“What’ll happen? I’m curious, Jackson-“ Yoonjung released a sudden scream. She laughed as Mark grabbed her sides and tickled her. “Oh my gosh! Stop! No!” She shrieked with laughter and squirmed in his arms. She almost fell, and her eyes grew wide with panic. Mark caught her in the nick of time, and her body swung around reflexively. She bumped against the bunk bed, and he collapsed against her. His gaze clung onto hers, and she felt another shiver run down her spine.

It was strange how she hadn’t noticed how beautiful his eyes were until now.

His fingers gently played against her waist to move in closer. Yoonjung held her breath and didn’t dare move.

She couldn’t tell him to get away from her. She didn’t want to.

Mark’s eyes flitted down to her lips. Hypnotized, he started to lower his head. Her heart thumped anxiously in her chest as he came closer and closer.

All of a sudden, the room flung open. “YOONJUNG, YOU’RE BACK- OH!”

Yoonjung and Mark looked up in surprise. Inna, Seulli, and Dajung were standing there gawping at them.

“Are we,” Inna cleared and then grinned. “Interrupting something?”

Seulli giggled while Dajung blushed.

Yoonjung quickly backed away from Mark and shook her head. “N-No, of course not.” She looked at Mark who was rubbing the back of his head with an embarrassed, awkward look on his face.

“So we finally get to meet you,” Seulli squealed. Mark gave her a baffled look. “M-Me?”

“Yeah! You’re the guy from the photo,” Inna said. “Yoonjung’s boyfriend!” Seulli beamed.

Oh my gosh. They think he’s JB, Yoonjung thought, mortified.

Mark looked at her in confusion. “Uh…”

“You two look so cute together!” Seulli shouted.

“We always tell her that. You two make a good couple,” Inna complimented.

Dajung smiled and nodded in agreement. “Yeah, she tells us about you a lot. So you’re an idol trainee?”

“Uh…” Mark was too dumbfounded to speak.

“No! You’re wrong!” Yoonjung came over and stepped between Mark and her roommates. “This isn’t…my boyfriend.” She glanced back at Mark who looked even more confused now. “This is Mark, my friend. One of my best friends from high school.”

“What?!” The girls gasped in surprise. Seulli was the one flabbergasted now. “But just before-“

Inna elbowed her tactfully. “Oh, I see. Sorry. We jumped to conclusions.”

Mark shook his head. “It’s fine.”

“We’re Yoonjung’s roommates,” Inna introduced. “I’m Inna. This is Seulli and that’s Dajung.”

Mark bowed. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you.”

“You should stay and eat dinner with us,” Dajung offered kindly.

“Um, no thank you. I have to go to school. Yes…I should go now.”

Yoonjung looked disappointed. “You do?” Mark softened and nodded. “Yeah, I do. I need to unpack. You have stuff to do here, too.”

“I can do them later…” Yoonjung mumbled. “Come and walk me out.” Mark bowed to the girls and then swiftly left.

“I’ll be back,” she said and followed him.

Inna, Seulli, and Dajung glanced at each other.

“Something is up,” Seulli said. “Definitely,” Inna said with a grin.

Mark and Yoonjung came outside. He faced her and said, “I’ll go alone from here.” “I’ll walk you to the subway-“

“I can find it on my own.”

“Oh…okay.” Yoonjung looked at the ground. She didn’t want him to leave but had no courage to say so.

Mark took a step closer. “Good luck with your next semester.”

Yoonjung gave him a look. “You act like we’re not going to see each other until summer.”

“Of course we will. We’ll talk on the phone, too,” he promised. She nodded. “Go on. I’ll watch until you leave.”

Mark nodded and backed away. Then he turned around and started to leave. Suddenly, he stopped and looked back. Yoonjung straightened up with hope. Maybe he had changed his mind about leaving. “About JB…” Mark started. Her shoulders drooped, and she looked at the ground.

“You should accept his calls and at least talk to him. If he apologizes sincerely…you should accept. He loves you a lot…you know?”

“I know,” Yoonjung mumbled. Somehow, it made her uncomfortable to talk about JB with him.

Mark forced a smile. It had been hard for him to spill those words he didn’t mean. “I’m really going now. I’ll call you later.”

Yoonjung nodded and waved.

When Mark was out of sight, Yoonjung went back to her dorm.

“So…what’s with you and Mark, huh?” Inna grinned. “Yeah, spill the beans!” Seulli demanded. “I don’t know what you guys are talking about,” Yoonjung laughed nervously as she went back to her closet. “I think you do, but you’re not admitting it,” Seulli whispered loudly. “You two have sizzling chemistry. There’s definitely something there,” Inna said. Yoonjung shook her head. “I still don’t know what you guys are talking about.”

“Denial,” Inna mouthed. Seulli beamed and nodded.

Yoonjung’s phone lit up, and Dajung told her she had a new text message.

‘I hope you settled in well. I miss you. Please call me when you get the chance.’

Yoonjung sighed and put her phone down. She didn’t know if she was ready to forgive JB yet.

“Hey, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat,” Seulli said. “Good idea. I’m starving,” Inna said as she stood up.

Dajung put her books down and joined them. “Are you coming, Yoonjung?” Seulli asked.

Yoonjung smiled and nodded. “Yup. Right behind you.” She left her phone behind and left with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7he400oN3Y

K.Will: I Need You

------------

After dinner, the girls wanted to go get dessert, but Yoonjung declined. She didn’t feel like eating anything else and wanted to just unpack everything before classes started tomorrow. So Yoonjung headed to the dorms all by herself. She saw someone standing there but didn’t realize who it was until she came closer.

Yoonjung paused and stared up at him. She was surprised he had even come here.

JB moved closer to her. His eyes were full of sorrow, and he looked more exhausted than usual. “Yoonjung…”

She neither spoke or moved as he came towards her. He seemed to be at a loss for words, too.

Being so awkward with him was unfamiliar. They had hardly fought before, and to have their first fight as a couple just made them both stroppy and uneasy.

Yoonjung asked, “What are you doing here?”

“You weren’t answering your phone or my messages. I had to come see you,” JB said, looking more distraught than ever. “Why didn’t you answer?”

“I don’t have my phone with me right now,” she said lamley. Both of them knew that was not good enough of an excuse.

“…You must be busy with your training. Go. I’ll call you later.” Yoonjung passed by him.

JB caught her wrist and spun around. He pulled her into him and embraced her desperately from behind. She froze.

JB nestled his chin against the curve of her neck and tightened his arms around her. “I’m sorry,” he whispered. “You’re right. I’m always busy. I’m never there for you. I break my promises to you. But trust me when I say that’s not what I want. You know how I feel about you.”

Do I? Do I really know about you anymore? Yoonjung bit her lower lip to keep from saying that out loud.

“I do want to be there for you. To think that someone else…” Mark’s face appeared in his mind, and his grip on her tightened even more. “Is by your side instead of me just kills me. I’ll be better, Yoonjung. I’ll try to go back to being the old JB for you. So please forgive me. I can’t sleep knowing you’re mad at me. Please…just say you love me, too.”

Yoonjung softened. She couldn’t harbor a grudge against him when he sounded so broken. Gently, she broke his grasp and faced him. She put a hand on his cheek, and he gazed desperately at her. “Please…”

Yoonjung smiled softly. “I forgive you. I…love you, too, JB.”

JB exhaled in relief. He crushed her in another tight embrace and whispered, “I’m sorry. I lov you so much.” Yoonjung wrapped her arms around him. She tried to search for the burning feeling of being in love with him but realized it had dimmed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter