Final~!

The Fake Yixing

"I'm coming with you!" Jongdae announces as he childishly stomps his foot, one hand gripping his suitcase while the other holds his passport. His eyes are burning into Yixing's and the members can only watch in anticipation for the older male's answer because he can never (ever) say no to Jongdae.

"Jongdae," Yixing pauses for a moment, preparing himself for what he is about to say. "You can't go with me." It looks like it physically pains him to say that, eyes all sad with deflated shoulders.

Jongdae isn't having any of it though. "Why not?!" He lets go of the items in his hand to cross his arms over his chest, puffing his cheeks out. "I really want to go with you Xingxing Ge." He pouts, and the members snicker to themselves as they watch Yixing's fingers twitch to touch Jongdae.

"You know why you can't go," he deadpans. "They need you here." Jongdae actually looks like he is about to burst into tears, which is actually quite hilarious since it is such a trivial thing for a twenty-two year old man to cry about.

"It's because you don't want me to go, isn't it? Because then I'll annoy you." Yixing opens his mouth to deny what Jongdae is saying, but the younger doesn't let him. Instead he babbles out more reasons as to why Yixing doesn't want him to go with him to China.

"Bet five bucks Yixing will let Jongdae go." Chanyeol whispers to Baekhyun.

"Nah, I bet ten bucks manager Hyung will stop this conversation." Baekhyun whispers back as he looks at Chanyeol with challenging eyes.

Kyungsoo snorts from his position in between Junmyeon and Minseok. "You idiots got it all wrong. Twenty bucks says Jongdae will start crying and Yixing will comfort him, like always."

Sehun snickers while Minseok rolls his eyes with a smile on his face, knowing that what Kyungsoo said is the most likely thing that will happen. Junmyeon shushes them and points at the duo. Jongdae's eyes are so moist and Yixing looks so apologetic that it is almost pathetic. Kyungsoo can smell the money that he will be getting already.

Jongdae starts sniffling all of a sudden, his facial expression changes a couple of times too. Baekhyun and Chanyeol's eyes widen while Kyungsoo smirks victoriously.

"Hoe don't do it." Baekhyun whispers before tugging on their manager's sleeve, "stop them right now!"

The manager only shrugs and goes back to watching the pair. Jongdae makes an incredibly unattractive face, and then he starts bawling his eyes out while saying incoherent things.

"Oh my God." Chanyeol breathes out annoyedly as he and Baekhyun facepalm. Baekhyun, rather melodramatically, drops his head on the kitchen table when Yixing is immediately at Jongdae's side and wraps his arms around the shorter male while cooing some things into his ear.

Kyungsoo doesn't bother to hide his creepily evil laugh. "Pay up, losers." 

The pair unwillingly stuff their hands into their jeans pocket before shoving their money at Kyungsoo. The short male grabs the money, fanning himself with it before tucking it away into his hoodie pocket. Yixing is still trying to stop Jongdae from bawling his eyes out while Baekhyun mutters something about never bet anything when Jongdae and Yixing are involved. 

The members start to walk away from the couple because they cannot handle the PDA that Yixing is shamelessly doing to try and cheer up his precious little Chenchen.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae doesn't get to go to the airport with Yixing in the end because of their schedule. And he has stopped sobbing, instead he just remains quiet like he doesn't have anything to say (which is weird because Kim Jongdae always has something to say) and the members have no clue as to how to make him talk. The atmosphere is heavy even though Baekhyun and Chanyeol try to crack a few jokes.

When they arrive for their M!Countdown performance, it is almost scary how Jongdae easily slips a smile onto his face. Jongin tries to comfort him by talking about his dogs, to which Baekhyun and Minseok roll their eyes at and order Chanyeol to drag him away from the younger male.

Once Chanyeol has successfully dragged Jongdae to their mini circle in the corner of the room, Baekhyun reveals something from his pocket.

"I snuck these in for you." He whispers to Jongdae, dramatically pretending to stretch his arms in front of him so that he can lightly toss the bag of candy onto Jongdae's lap.

Jongdae stares at them blankly while Baekhyun wears a proud smile on his face, which disappears as soon as he sees Jongdae's lips start to quiver. From beside him, Minseok's eyes widen in panic and Chanyeol starts to back away to where Sehun and Jongin are talking on the other side of the room.

"These-" Jongdae's figure begins to tremble a bit and Baekhyun knows that he is in trouble because Junmyeon is giving him a pointed look with a raised eyebrow. "These are Xingxing Ge's favorite." He finishes saying, looking up at Baekhyun and Minseok with big, round, sad, moist eyes.

Minseok facepalms before turning to glare at Baekhyun, who immediately tries to melt into the chair because Junmyeon is stalking over to them, and Jongdae is sniffling even though no tears are falling because he doesn't want to ruin his makeup.

Baekhyun lamely shrugs his shoulders with wide eyes as he tries to explain what he did to Jongdae via hand gestures because Junmyeon is now giving him an accusing stare. 

When a small whine crossed with a hiccup escapes Jongdae's mouth, Junmyeon takes the bag of candy and flings it at Baekhyun before leading Jongdae away from him and Minseok. The older male follows in suit, making a big deal of shaking his head at Baekhyun as he walk off.

"Oh come on!" Baekhyun exclaims as the two walk away while they try to comfort Jongdae. "I was just trying to cheer him up!" 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When they return to the dorms, Jongdae immediately whips out his phone to call Yixing. But before he can even press the call button, their manager lowers his phone and shakes his head.

"He is probably busy Jongdae."

Jongdae looks at him with sad eyes, shoulders sagging before nodding slowly.

"You're right." He whispers sadly, voice sounding like he is about to cry all over again.

The manager just gives him a small smile and the members are really sure that their hearts break when Jongdae walks slowly to his room with his head down.

Kyungsoo decides to cook Jongdae's favorite food and Junmyeon suggests that they watch DVD's for the rest of the night. They split up into teams, some help Kyungsoo while the others help Junmyeon.

Kyungsoo feels really proud of himself when Jongdae manages to give him a large smile when he sees the dinner that he has prepared. When they walk into the living room a small gasp escapes Jongdae's mouth when he sees the pillows and blankets that cover the floor invitingly. This time, Junmyeon wears the proud smile.

Jongdae insists on clutching his phone while they watch the DVD's because Xingxing Ge might call or text me. The members hope, for Jongdae's sake, that Yixing does.

Everything is going really well. Like, Jongdae is having a really good time and is all laughs and smiles. But then as they begin to clean up their mess, they somehow get into the topic of little habbits that their room mates have while they are asleep.

"Yeah, I have to deal with Chanyeol snoring." Baekhyun says as he rolls his eyes. "At least you have a room to yourself for the time being, Dae." When he finishes his sentence, the room is extremely quiet and his eyes widen when he has realized what he has just said.

Baekhyun's eyes dart over to Jongdae who looks like he is about to cry at any second. And Baekhyun wouldn't be surprised if he does. He is silently praying that Jongdae doesn't though, because even the maknae line are glaring at him. But then Jongdae does begin to cry and Baekhyun can only hope that he doesn't get scolded by Minseok, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

"Oh c'mon guys! I didn't mean to say that!" 

But he knows that it is too late to try and save himself because Minseok is telling the maknae line to take Jongdae to their room to cheer him up. He also tells Junmyeon and Kyungsoo to stay and yeah, Baekhyun can already hear them scolding him.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When the next day comes, they have no schedules and cheer until they hear the neighbour pound the wall next door. Well, they all cheer except for Jongdae because he still has not received at least a text from Yixing and is all sad eyes and quivering lips.

"Hey Hyung~" Jongin greets as he lifts Jongdae's legs before sitting on the couch and placing them on his lap because the older male is laying on his side on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey Nini," Jongdae greets back, kitten-like mouth managing a small smile for the younger male.

"What'cha doing?" He questions, suddenly full of energy from the small smile that Jongdae gave him.

Jongdae shows Jongin his phone slowly, like he doesn't want him to find out what he is doing. Jongin doesn't know what he was expecting, but to be honest he is not that all surprised that this is what Jongdae is doing; looking at photo's of his beloved Xingxing Ge via Google Images. And he doesn't know whether or not he should find this creepy or adorable because it shows that Jongdae really misses Yixing. Jongin decides to think that this is adorable, because Jongdae isn't really the creepy type. That is more of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's thing.

"I really miss him, Nini." Jongdae pouts as he brings the phone back to his face, taking one last look before locking the screen to look at Jongin.

"I know. We all know. But hey, just think about how great his movie will come out as." Jongin replies with a positive attitude. This makes Jongdae smile widely at him, nudging him so that he can free his legs. When he does, Jongdae hugs him tightly.

"Thanks, Nini. You make me feel so much better." Jongdae says as he buries his face in the crook of Jongin's face so close that the younger can feel his smile on his skin.

Suddenly, their moment is ruined by Baekhyun and Chanyeol bursting into the living room. The pair look ridiculous, dressed with extremely colorful and neon colors with sunglasses and hairstyles that makes their hair go in different directions. They don't even have matching shoes, and their socks have been pulled all the way up. And even though Chanyeol's right foot has the socks and sandals thing going on, Jongdae doesn't even notice that because all he can do is stare at the object in Baekhyun's hand.

"Here's our audience for our concert!" Baekhyun exlaims suddenly, beginning to strum on Yixing's guitar, not even making any music that they can listen to and it all just sounds too messy. At least Chanyeol knows what he is doing.

Jongin doesn't even Jongdae's figure leave him because in a flash, he is in front of Baekhyun and grabbing the guitar out of his hands. 

"This is Xingxing Ge's!" Jongdae yells. "Don't touch it ever again!" He says childishly as he gives Baekhyun his best stink eye (which is really inaffective because it looks like a kitten trying to be mad at someone).

"Bu-"

Baekhyun doesn't even get to finish because Jongdae hugs the guitar tightly and stomps out of the room. They all flinch when they hear the door of what they assume is the door of Jongdae and Yixing's room slam close.

"Great going." Jongin says as he sighs and runs his fingers through his hair frustratedly. "I just got him to smile the biggest smile that I have seen him do this week!"

Junmyeon and Minseok suddenly appear in the doorway and Baekhyun tries to sneak off, but a wild Sehun teleports behin him and Baekyun knows that he isn't getting out of this one.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When they arrive at where they will be broadcasted, none of them expect to see the Yixing and Zitao mascots waiting for them on one side of the room. Jongdae's face visibly brightens when he immediately notices that Yixing's mascot is here. He wants to run over, and he is about to but then a hand grabs his wrist. He looks up and sees Minseok shaking his head lightly.

"We need to get our makeup done first."

Jongdae looks from Minseok to the Yixing mascot and then back to Minseok again. He nods frantically and when Minseok removes his hold from Jongdae's wrist, the younger male dashes ahead of the line that they have created. He shoves Baekhyun out of his way, who makes a face before turning to Junmyeon and Kyungsoo in a did-you-see-what-he-just-did fashion to which they turn a blind eye at, leaving Baekhyun to huff while crossing his arms as he grumbles things about favoritism and unfair treatment.

Once Jongdae has his makeup done, he rushes to where the Yixing and Zitao mascots are. He squeals happily when their short arms greet him and he smiles brightly as he waves back at them. Jongdae takes out his phone to take photos with them. He send the photo of him and the Zitao mascot to Zitao who is at the dorms because of his foot, and the other one to Yixing.

The members are glad and relieved all at the same time when they see how happy Jongdae is with the Yixing mascot. 

When they start the broadcast, Jongdae still cannot keep his eyes off of the Yixing mascot and the members are sure that he is still upset over the fact that the staff running the broadcast made him sit so far away from the mascot on purpose.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Yixing comes back for a short period of time so that he can take a break from shooting his film and participate in more of their promotions.

"Jongdae!" He calls once he has opened the door. In a flash, the said male is already hugging him tightly. They almost fall backwards because Jongdae was already with him so unexpectedly fast that he was really surprised.

"Ge!" Jongdae cries happily. "I missed you so, so, so much!"

The others have crowded around them and Yixing smiles at them as he weaves his fingers through Jongdae's hair.

"Yeah. I really, really missed you." Yixing says, burying his nose in Jongdae's hair so that he can inhale his scent.

Suddenly, Jongdae is pulling back with a pout on his face. "Why didn't you call me?" He whines.

"Sorry Dae, I was really busy." Jongdae doesn't answer him, pout still on his face. "I got you something though~" He sings and Jongdae's pouting face is replaced by a curious one.

"What?"

"Me!" Yixing answers with a wink, smile feigning innocence while his eyes reveal everything.

The members facepalm and watch as Yixing carries Jongdae bridal style and walks off to their room, leaving his luggage behind.

"I say we go to a motel because we sure as hell won't be getting any sleep tonight." Baekhyun suggests. The others look at him. "What? It's true!"

"You mean you won't be getting any sleep." Kyungsoo says back. "I mean it is your room that's next to them, isn't it?"

"Wha-" Baekhyun was going to make Kyungsoo stay in his lane, when it hits him that he is right and so he justs shuts his mouth. "Well," he says after a small gulp, "at least I won't be suffering alone." He finishes as he gives Chanyeol a pointed look, who looks completely horrified.

"Actually," Jongin begins to say.

"Hyung is going to be sleeping over at our room!" Sehun finishes happily, wrapping his arm around Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol looks absolutely relieved and Baekhyun curses at the maknae line in his mind, giving them his best death glare.

They just stick their tongues out at him and drag Chanyeol away as a response.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When the week is over and Yixing has to go back to China, without Jongdae again, their managers allow Jongdae to the drive to the airport. His frown turns into a smile as he rushes to get his jacket.

Yixing really struggles to get out of the car when they reach the airport because Jongdae is all quivering lips and moist eyes.

"I'll see you soon, baobei." Yixing smiles, even though his heart is hurting at the sight of Jongdae about to burst into tears.

"Mhm." Jongdae hums as he lowers his head in a pitiful looking way. "I'll see you soon Ge."

Jongdae hugs Yixing tightly before their managers decide that they have had enough time with each other and usher Yixing away.

Yixing smiles sadly at him before he gets ouy of the car, and Jongdae has to try his very best to resist pressing his face against the window of the car because the fans aren't suppose to know that he is there.

The members can't stand the sight of Jongdae being all sad, moist eyes and quivering lips anymore (which was the state that he was in when he returned from the airport). So they have to think of a way to make him feel better.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

It takes a lot of pleading, but the members think that it will be all worth it when they show Jongdae.

"Why are you blindfolding me?" Jongdae asks curiously when Jongin tells him to close his eyes so that he can wrap a bandana around them.

"It's a surprise." Jongin replies, and Jongdae can hear the smile in his voice so he thinks that it's okay that Jongin is going to lead him somewhere blindfolded. Besides, Jongin isn't the type to troll or anything so it should be alright.

Jongin's warm hand grasps Jongdae's right hand and leads them away. They don't walk too far so Jongdae assumes that they are probably at the living room or something.

"Alright, you can take the blindfold off now Hyung." Jongin announces, and Jongdae can hear the excitement in his voice so he swiftly unties the blindfold and lets it drop to the floor.

He blinks at the sight before him, rubbing his eyes a few times to make sure that he is not in any way hallucinating. After he is sure that he is not hallucinating and that this is all real, Jongdae squeals happily as he starts jumping up and down.

Jongdae runs to the Yixing mascot and hugs it like it's the real-life Yixing. When he is done, he spins around and sees the members smiling at him.

"You guys did this for me?"

Sehun nods. "Yeah. It was just getting too weird not seeing you smile all the time."

The members nod in agreement.

"It was so difficult to persuade the staff in the company but we go it done. I mean, what can I say? Nobody can resist my charms." Baekhyun says as he pretends to flick his imaginary long hair away from his shoulders.

Kyungsoo scoffs as he rolls his eyes fondly. "What charms?" He asks as he elbows Baekhyun in the ribs.

Junmyeon cuts Baekhyun off before he can reply. "We figured that since this Yixing mascot is the closest thing we can get to anybody like him, it would be like his replacement while he's gone."

Jongdae looks at them with wide, moist eyes. "You guys are the best!" He is really about to cry tears of happiness right now.

Baekhyun is about to say something but then Chanyeol covers his mouth with his hand just as Kyungsoo elbows him in the ribs again. Baekhyun opens his mouth to bite Chanyeol's palm, but then he sees Jongdae play around with the mascot and figures that he shouldn't ruin the moment.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae literally treats the Yixing mascot as if he were the real Yixing; He talks to it about anything and everything, Jongin and Minseok once saw him try to feed it, he gives it backhugs even though that makes him unable to see where he is going and this one time, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon heard Jongdae ask the mascot if it wanted to shower with him.

They shouldn't find any of this cute. Like they really shouldn't. But everything that Jongdae does is cute so they just accept it.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"How does it even operate?" Chanyeol whispers to Junmyeon and Minseok while they watch Jongdae play Ring Around the Rosie with the mascot, gripping on tightly to its hands and spinning them around.

"The staff said that it is computer based or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." Junmyeon answers with a shrug.

"So, there's nobody inside that thing?"

"If there was," Minseok starts, sparing a glance at the tall male before looking back at Jongdae. "Do you think that they would put up with this?" Minseok gestures a hand towards the center of the room where Jongdae is trying to get a piggyback ride from the mascot.

Chanyeol blinks. "No," he says slowly, "I guess not."

"I would." A wild Jongin states as he joins their conversation. They all look at him weirdly. "What? Jongdae Hyung is cute. I would put up with it if I were inside that mascot."

"You wouldn't even fit inside." Chanyeol argues.

Jongin waves his hand around lazily as he rolls his eyes. "Details, details. And besides, you wouldn't fit inside it either." 

Before Chanyeol can say a comeback, Jongin is already bouncing towards Jongdae with a large smile on his face.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Junmyeon's phone rings in the middle of the night. Minseok groans from the other side of the room, and so he picks it up while glancing at the clock.

"Yixing," he says when he answers the call. "Why are you calling me at two in the morning?" He yawns unattractively.

"Jongdae wouldn't pick up." Junmyeon can visualize the pout that Yixing probably has on his face at the moment.

"Oh yeah, he is probably so tired from today." He informs Yixing, not adding the fact that he saw Jongdae try to make the mascot fit onto his bed but then just decided to place their mattresses on the floor and made the mascot sleep with him there.

"Well, I've got something to tell you," Junmyeon hums. "The shooting of the film is complete, so I'm coming back tomorrow."

The words don't fully process in Junmyeon's mind as quickly as they would have if it were later on in the day. But when they do, he immediately sits up from his bed with a huge smile on his face.

"Seriously?" Yixing makes a small noise of confirmation. "That's great! I can't wait to tell Jongdae!"

"No! Don't tell Jongdae!" 

Junmyeon furrows his eyebrows. "What? Why not?"

"I want it to be a surprise." Yixing says in a 'duh' type of tone 

"Alright," Junmyeon yawns. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Bye."

When he hangs up and places his phone by his desk, Junmyeon sighs as he lays down. How are they going to get Jongdae away from the Yixing mascot?

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Yeah, and just how are we going to do that?" Kyungsoo asks after Junmyeon tells them, minus Jongdae of course, what they need to do.

"Kyungsoo has a point," Chanyeol starts. "Jongdae is like super, super glued to that thing."

They all make a noise of agreement before everything becomes silent as they think of a plan to separate Jongdae from the mascot.

"How about we split into teams? One team can distract Jongdae, while the other can get rid of the mascot." Minseok suggests.

"But how are we going to distract Jongdae Hyung?" Jongin asks.

"Bubble tea!" Sehun answers and they all give him a look. "What? We could invite him to have bubble tea with us and then the other team can call our manager and have him take the mascot back to the company."

"That's actually," Junmyeon says slowly. "Not a bad idea."

The maknae grins proudly. "That means I'm on the team that's getting bubble tea, right?"

Junmyeon nods and Sehun starts cheering.

They separate into teams;

[ Team Bubble Tea ]

Sehun, Jongin, and Minseok.

[ Team Mascot ]

Junmyeon, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Alright, lets do this!" Chanyeol exclaims as he throws his hand in the middle of the semi-circle that they created earlier. They all blink at him, and Baekhyun even snickers. "Aw come on!" He whines, "don't leave me hanging!" 

They all do though. Leaving the room one by one until eventually Chanyeol is the only one left, pouting as he trails behind them.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Team Bubble Tea knew that it was going to be difficult to try and separate Jongdae from the mascot. But they didn't think that it would be this difficult.

"Oh come on, Dae," Minseok starts slowly as the latter keeps his arms secured tightly around the mascot. "You've been with that mascot for weeks. Hang out with us."

Jongdae opens his mouth to protest but then Minseok nudges the two maknaes that are standing on either side of him, and they start pointing at Jongdae.

"Hyung," Jongin whines, "do you like that mascot more than us?" He asks, eyes all wide and puppy dog-like.

"Yeah Hyung, he isn't even real." Sehun adds, jutting his bottom lip out further.

Jongdae is weak. And he could never say no to a pouting maknae line anyway. So he sighs melodramatically.

"Alright, fine. I'll go with you guys."

When he turns around to change into something decent to wear out in public, the three of them smirk and fist bump each other.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"The coast is clear," Baekhyun whispers, peeking his head around the corner of the wall, checking both sides repeatedly before making a gesture with his index and middle finger to indicate that they can move forward.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "Of course it is idiot. They left like five minutes ago."

"Stop ruining all the fun." Baekhyun huffs, crossing his arms childishly and stomps his right foot.

"Lets just get the mascot." Junmyeon says as he steps in front of them to walk into Jongdae and Yixing's room.

Chanyeol follows him in.

"It's so cute." He comments as he nears the mascot with a large smile. 

The other three hum in agreement, walking over to where the mascot is standing in front of Jongdae's bed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol scream and hug each other when the mascot suddenly moves, turning it's head and waving at them. Kyungsoo and Junmyeon roll their eyes. 

"Alright, I'm gonna call our manager." Kyungsoo announces as he takes out his phone from his pocket and dials their managers number.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"I think that he's having withdrawal symptoms." Sehun whispers to Minseok as he eyes Jongdae who keeps on shaking his foot impatiently and running his hand through his hair more than Jongin does in one promotion stage.

"Maybe," Minseok whispers back. "Go talk to him Jongin." 

The younger nods, slides out of the booth that has the three of them sitting in together, and slides into the side of the booth that Jongdae is sitting in. Jongin hopes that the older male is only acting like this because their bubble tea has not arrived yet, but he knows that that is more of Sehun's thing.

"Hyung," he calls out, "are you alright?"

Jongdae whips his head to look at Jongin, slightly wide eyed and running his right hand through his hair.

"Uhm," Jongdae starts out, as if he doesn't know what to say. "I'm not sure but," he pauses and tilts his head to the side, "something feels wrong."

Jonging glances at Minseok and Sehun secretly. The server returns to their table with their orders eith a smile. Minseok and Sehun smile back, Sehun smiling more towards the bubble tea rather than the server, and the older of the two pay for their beverages.

"Can we go back now?" Jongdae asks after poking the large purple straw through the plastic covering.

Jongin, Minseok and Sehun glance at each other, having a converstaion with their eyes. Jongdae begins to drum his free fingers onto the table, speed increasing by the second. 

Sehun cracks. "Yeah! Lets go back now!" 

Jongdae basically jumps in his seat and shoves Jongin out of the booth. Jongin and Minseok give Sehun a look while they jog to catch up to Jongdae, who is already out of the shop.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't take the annoying tapping sound anymore!" Sehun apologizes, shielding his bubble tea away from the two males. "Don't hurt my bubble tea!"

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"No wonder Jongdae never really took this mascot out of his room," Chanyeol pants as he tries to shove the mascot out of Jongdae and Yixing's room using his back. "It barely fits through the door!"

"No Sherlock!" Baekhyun retorts, pushing the body of the mascot through the door using the palm of his hands.

"Language!" Junmyeon shouts from the other side of the door. Him and Kyungsoo are trying to help by pulling the mascot's arm.

Junmyeon feels his phone vibrate, he looks at Kyungsoo who nods, and then he lets go of the arm to check his phone. His eyes widen when he re-reads the text message 

"Guys we need to hurry! They're on the way back!" Junmyeon announces in panic, placing his phone on the floor by the door before running back to help Kyungsoo pull the arm of the mascot. They have half of it through the door already.

"STAND BACK!" Baekhyun yells as he himself takes a couple of steps back. "You too Yeol." The tall male blinks as he moves away from the mascot and door.

"Alright, we've stood back. What are you two going to do?" Junmyeon asks.

Baekhyun doesn't answer, instead he prepares himself. 

"FOR SPARTA!" He screams as he runs straight into the mascot at full speed, hitting it with his whole body.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Hyung," Sehun pants as he runs behind Jongdae. "Don't you want to just walk instead? Why are you even running?"

"I just need to check on my Yixing mascot." Jongdae answers, not slowing down his pace.

Sehun grabs his wrist. "Can't we walk now? We're almost there anyways," he looks behind him. "Minseok Hyung and Jongin haven't even caught up to us yet, so we should wait for them." He reasons, trying to catch his breath because he is winded.

"Yeah, okay. Lets sit on the bench over there." Jongdae says as he points to a wooden bench with his free hand.

It takes precisely ten minutes for the pair to arrive where he and Sehun are seated. And they somehow manage to talk Jongdae into letting them rest for five minutes before they go back to the dorm.

When they reach the dorm, Jongdae wastes no time and marches into the house like a man on a mission. He walks into the living room first, and spots Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon playing Monopoly.

"What happened to your face?" Jongdae questions Baekhyun, who is holding a pack of frozen vegetables on the right side of his face.

"Just a little accident." Kyungsoo answers, a smirk on his face that makes Jongdae stop his questions there.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Jongdae we're sorry!" Junmyeon apologizes for the nth time.

Earlier when Jongdae walked into his and Yixing's room and saw that it was mascot-less, he screamed bloody murder and was basically nearly in tears. He also put two and two together, and realized that they had plotted this whole thing and have been ignoring all of them ever since.

"Hyung," Jongin calls, all puppy eyed with his bottom lip jutting out. "We're sorry, but we had to do it."

Jongdae ignores him too, choosing instead to examine his cuticles. The other members gasp at this, because Jongdae could never ever deny the maknae line. And it looks like he just has.

Kyungsoo sighs, giving up and whispers to Junmyeon that he will be in the kitchen preparing food for Yixing's arrival.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae is kinda too weak to inflict any pain on Chanyeol and so just lets himself get dragged into the kitchen. Chanyeol has his palms over his eyes, and Jongdae is struggling to remove them.

"You can take your hands away now Yeol." Jongdae hears Minseok say.

Jongdae scowls at all of them when Chanyeol's palms are removed from his eyes, crossing his arms on his chest as he gives them all the best glare that he can manage.

"You are so cute baobei." A hand goes to ruffle his hair and Jongdae is about to smack the offending hand away when he replays the words in his mind. 

Baobei. 

Jongdae's eyes turn wide as he whips his head to the right. There, beside him, is Yixing! He squeal happily, scraping his chair back quickly and hugging the older male in an uncomfortable looking position.

"You're back." He sniffles as he tightens his hold around Yixing's neck.

Yixing chuckles. "Crying again?"

"Shut up." Jongdae mumbles.

The older male chuckles again and he pats his lap to indicate that Jongdae should sit on it. Jongdae is all smiles and obedient as he does as he is told. And the members are relieved, they sure have missed Yixing. He is feeding a chatty Jongdae and life is all good.

(Except none of them get any sleep that night because oh my gosh, right there Ge! And yeah, they aren't entirely sure if they have missed Yixing that much.)

fin 


Aaay so I finally got this done! 🎉🎉 Uhm, I tried? Just trying to satisfy my laychen/xingdae feels, u feel? ∩__∩ You guys can send me prompts if u like~ ask.fm/ChimChmsJams or HunnieYeollipop.tumblr.com/ask