20| Truth

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝20 | Truth
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

At the prison...

Doojoon looked at him in shock: "What do you mean with 'I need to confess what I did'?"

Dongwoon lowered his head. "I-i....I did some horrible things..."

"Don't hold it back...spit it out." Dojoon said while starting to get nervous. 

"In the past as you might now I had two very good friends of mine. One of them raised me like a father. A father I never had...That friend got into bad buisness which was related to drugs. I was never a part of it and I didn't like the fact that he did what he did...but he gave me shelter and money and I know that he wasn't albe to quit dealing with drugs. Long story short there was one huge rival and he decided to kill him together with his friend...." Dongwoons voice started shaking "I saw the dead body and I-I...." His eyes got filled with tears. "I saw the body but I did nothing....Instead I helped them keeping it a secret. By that time he was my only family. And I didn't want to loose him...." 

Doojoon looked at Dongwoon who was sitting there quitly and crying. He strocked his back and felt Dongwoons pain. "Dongwoon....I'm not angry at you. Instead I understand your decicions and I'm glad that you finally told me the truth. In the past I always knew that you weren't completely honest with me, even when we got closer. But now I think that I can trust you." Doojoon put both of his arms around Dongwoon and held him tight. Which made Dongwon cry even more. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the police station...

Gikwang and Yoseob tried to question Hyusneung one after another but Hyunseung remained silent.

Yoseob went out from the room. He sighted and walked into the room next to the other room where Gikwang was watching through the glass. "I give up...He wont talk to us. I don't know what to do about him..."

Gikwang remained looking through the window watching Hyunseung. "You're right. He won't talk to us. But did you hear what he said to Dongwoon when we catched him? He said something like 'It's your fault' and such." Gikwang looked at Yoseob. "If he doesn't wnat to talk with us then maybe he wants to talk to Dongwoon." 

Yoseob smiled. "You're right. He really seemd as if he was angry at Dongwoon and I bet he wont be able to hold himself back if he saw Dongwoon. Great Idea! Let's discuss this later with Doojoon."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

At the prison...

Dongwoon and Doojoon where still sitting there holding each other tight. After some time Dongwoon was able to stop crying. He wiped away his tears and loosend his arms from Doojoon. "Thank you..." 

Doojoon got up. "Okay. I have to go now. I hope that you will cooperate with us by telling the police all of this. I still think that you didn't do anything wrong. I promise that I will get you out of the prison as soon as possible!" He got out of the cell and the guard shut the door. 

Dongwoon felt reliefed and had a light smile on his face.

......

Doojoon went out of the prison and got into the car. Suddenly Yoseob was calling. He put on his seatbelt and answered the call."Yes? What is it?"

-"Doojoon! Finally I'm able to get you on the phone!"-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter