Final

41 Reasons Why I Love Kim Taehyung

I rewrote it for ~grammatical~ mistakes! This isn't really an update, sorry!

 

~~~

 

Jungkook sat down at his desk with a thud, his body landing on the hard wooden chair he had set up next to it. A small puff of air escaped his dry lips and his eyebrows furrowed as he stared concentratedly at the small stain on the dark wood.

 

Taehyung was not okay. Jungkook knew that, the other members knew that, but no one really knew what to do. Everyone in the company knew that Taehyung was very self-conscious. Whether it be about his singing or about his hair color, it was never hard for the boy to find something to worry about himself.

 

It had never gotten this bad though, never bad enough that Taehyung actually began to shut out s. Hell, he barely even showed that something was not perfect most of the time, he just covered all his worries with his famous box-smile.

 

Now that's not to say that Taehyung was never happy, that was about as far from the truth as you could get. It just made it that much easier, however, to tell when the passion behind the smile was fading slightly.

Jungkook felt like a crappy boyfriend, to put it simply. Taehyung was obviously hurting a lot, but the younger had absolutely no idea what to do.

 

He sighed again.

 

Taehyung was just so amazing. His laugh lit up the whole world and his singing sounded like it was personally sent down from every god from every religion. It frustrated Jungkook sometimes, just how beautiful his boyfriend was. Even when he was being annoying and not letting the younger of the two sleep, it was still endearing.

Jungkook groaned and banged his head on the desk. How the hell do I let him know just how perfect he is?

 

A small tap echoed through the small room as something hit the floor. Without removing his head from its position on the desk, Jungkook looked toward floor and his eyes lit up when he saw a yellow pencil. He could only assume had rolled off the table when he banged his head.

 

Yeah okay, this could work.

 

The brown haired boy leaned down and picked up the pencil, gazing at it as if it held all the answers to the universe.

 

He scrambled to find that blue notebook with the black sharpie drawings he was pretty sure he left around here somewh-- found it.

 

So Jungkook wrote. And wrote and wrote and wrote, but decided to stop at #41 because he didn't want to make it too long to read, even though he could of kept writing if he did so desire.

 

An hour later and Jungkook leaned back in his seat, glancing over his work with a careful eye. He smiled and folded his letter into thirds and stuck it into a mailing envelope.

He sealed it with a quick swipe of his tongue (and kissed the seal too, just for good measure, but don't ever tell Taehyung). Once again he took out his newly-favorited pencil and wrote "For Mr. Kim Taehyung" on the front in the neatest penmanship he could manage.

 

Slipping on his light black sweater, the teen carefully climbed the stairs to the one place he knew Taehyung would be at a time like this: the rooftop. He was right. Taehyung was lying with his back on the ground, staring up at the stars. The orange-haired lad had an odd fascination with outer space, it was more than just a childish interest, it was a comfort. There was absolutely no doubt in Jungkook's mind that his boyfriend would be an astronomer if he weren't a singer. It was a good thing Taehyung loved music almost as much as he loved the stars.

 

Jungkook didn't say anything as he approached the lying boy in front of him, only crouched down beside him and his hair lightly, listening to Taehyung's staggered breathing. He placed the white envelope on Taehyung's chest, massaging the area around it for a few seconds. With the envelope, Taehyung's interest was piqued, but he still lay without movement.

 

Jungkook stood up softly, catching Taehyung’s eye. “I’ll be inside when you’re ready to come back in,” he whispered with a gentle smile.

 

He stepped back through the door, slightly nervous about what Taehyung was going to say when or if he read the letter. Though his worries were put to rest as he watch his boyfriend sit up and cautiously open the envelope through the window.

 

He rushed back down the stairs and into his bedroom, a light blush creeping up his cheeks.

 

+

 

It was 11:30 when Jungkook heard the door to his bedroom open and close, quietly but obviously rushed. He set his book down and looked through the dim light from his bedside lamp.

 

He barely got a chance to see the oncoming attack before a mop of bright orange was headed his way and shoved into his shoulder. Taehyung hugged Jungkook tightly, sniffling when he felt his boyfriend reciprocate the gesture. It was only then that Jungkook realized that Tae was crying softly and gripping onto the back of his shirt for dear life.

 

Jungkook didn’t utter a word, only hugged Taehyung back with just as much reassuring force and waited for him to speak when he was ready.

 

They stayed like that for upward of five minutes, just clinging onto each other, their breathing in sync.

 

Taehyung lifted his head to look Jungkook deep in his eyes. “You’re so perfect, you know that?” he whispered hoarsely, eyes still red from the tears, but a friendly smile tugging on the corners of his lips.

 

Jungkook only hummed gently, kissing the other’s forehead and lying down.

 

Taehyung would never tell the other, but he read that letter every night. Every single one.

 

And Taehyung would never tell the other, but that letter kept his mood up, especially on the nights when he couldn’t stop comparing all his flaws to all s’ strengths.

 

And Taehyung would never tell the other, but damn, did he love Jungkook like the flowers love the sun and the fish loved the sea. And that even if Jungkook left, Taehyung would still love him, because he was just the best person that ever came into his life.

 

It was as simple as 41 reasons.


 

+

 

41 Reasons Why I Love Kim Taehyung

by Jeon Jungkook

 

  1. The way his smile infects everyone in the room

  2. That his laughter contains so much joy even when no one else is laughing (even though they usually are)

  3. That he looks good with every hair color he has without having to try

  4. That when he sings it’s as deep and smooth as the richest honey from the wealthiest bees

  5. That when he sings it’s low and rough and filled with anger

  6. That when he sings it’s filled with so much passion that it brings me to tears is nice to listen to

  7. That he always makes me happy

  8. That he can’t cook very well but his toast is the greatest in the world

  9. That he is probably the most creative person I know

  10. That he gets so excited about space

  11. That he’s really cute

  12. That his fashion sense only works on him, if anyone else were to wear it I can’t say it would look very nice

  13. That he’s reminiscent of a small puppy even though he’s taller than me

  14. That he automatically brightens the mood of everyone around him

  15. That his dancing is actually quite good even though no one ever says anything about it

  16. That he’s very reliable and trustworthy

  17. That he’s willing to listen to everyone and help them with their problems

  18. That he always calms me down before a performance even when he’s really nervous himself

  19. That he gives the warmest hugs in the whole entire world

  20. That he knows just how to make me feel more at home when I miss Busan

  21. That he takes care of everyone well, despite being the second youngest

  22. That he takes everyone’s feelings into account when making big decisions

  23. That he always tries his best no matter how hard it is

  24. That he treats the fans like royalty

  25. That he treats the members like royalty that’s only slightly below his position of power

  26. That he treats me like an equal instead of just that maknae

  27. That he is so enthusiastic to learn new things

  28. That he would dig up mountains just to make me happy

  29. That he never forgets our anniversaries

  30. That his eyeliner always looks fantastic

  31. Have I mentioned his smile yet?

  32. I’m going to mention it again anyway

  33. That is smile is cuter than any kitten you could ever see

  34. That he always wears mismatched socks

  35. That he always wakes me up nicely even when I’m grouchy in the mornings

  36. That he promised he’d buy me a puppy someday

  37. That he always offers his help when he sees me struggling

  38. That he always stays even when I get angry and yell sorry hyung !! ^^

  39. That he’s always very honest

  40. That he always says ‘I love you’

  41. That just his existence makes me want to say ‘I love you’ back