10 Years Later

Please Subscribe to read further chapters

Description

As a leader, Jaebum has many responsibilities, such as waking the members up, liasing with their manager hyungs, and (most importantly) keeping their group united. So when Got7's future as a group of seven members become threatened, Jaebum has to step in and remind s what their goals and aspirations were to begin with.

Foreword

“Ten years down the road, I still want to wake up at 5AM every day, my back aching from dancing late into the night. I want my throat to hurt from practising the high notes in our songs, the bruises to form on my elbows and knees when I fall down while practising in this very dance studio. Even though I’m not getting as much sleep or free time as I like, I want to continue the rigorous schedules we have right now.” He paused, his voice getting steadier as he found the words he wanted to say.

“Why? Because I know that even when I'm tired, I'm not alone. In ten years' time, I hope that we've released at least seven albums, and spent so much fun together in the process. I hope that we have achieved more than just our dreams of making it into the music industry, and I hope that all seven of us won't be just members of the same group anymore by then — we should be so much more than that. I hope that we can continue to be whom we are right now and have no one criticise us for that, and I hope that I can be your leader for a long, long time.”

Jaebum raised his hand and stretched it in front of him, his voice thick with tears that refused to spill, his eyes shiny with fierce determination in his words. Each member blinked hard, forcing smiles on their face as they walked towards Jaebum and placed their hands on top of his, murmuring a toast to their uncertain futures.

“Come and get it —”

“GOT7!”


I've split the one-shot into two parts: an incident that happened in the present (aka now), and an incident that happens ten years in the future. The original one-shot I was writing was actually just the second part, but when I thought of the title, I decided to write both "before" and "after" versions of GOT7.

This one-shot does not include any events that happened in the midst of both time frames. The second chapter jumps directly to the next decade, so I hope you won't be too confused when you read this.

Enjoy! :)

Mismatched (JB)

Youngjae's Diary (Youngjae)

A Guide to Stealing Jackson Wang's Heart (Jackson)

7 Days of You (Markjin)