"OUR STORY [Jaejoong] : Part 2"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

 

“OUR STORY [Jaejoong] - Part 2”

 

 

“J-Jaejoong-shi…” He shook Jaejoong’s shoulder gently; waking him up. But he got no response from the latter. Yunho scratched his head as he’s thinking. And after a long moment sitting there in silent; he drove the car away as he decided to make another round.

 

And another round and another round.

 

Completely forgot where he’s at; Jaejoong continued to sleep soundlessly in Yunho’s car. Until his phone rang, sharp and intruding and he shot right up – petrified like he was just strike by the lightning. He knocked his head once and then twice as he’s scrambling for his phone. But the sound of someone’s slurping and drinking brought him back to the reality.

 

With his eyes as wide as the owl’s eyes; Jaejoong’s head moved like a broken machine – turning so slow until he met with another pair of eyes. A soft gasp emitted from the tip of his lips when he realized where he’s actually at.

 

Still in Yunho’s car.

 

“Oh My God~! For how long I’ve been sleeping?”  Jaejoong’s face flushed warmly. Yunho looked down to his watch as he silently counting inside his head.

 

“Almost for an hour and a half…”

 

“And you’ve been waiting inside the car for that long? While I’m sleeping?!” He started to feel guilty and embarrassed at the same time.

 

“I did stop by the café to buy something to eat…Because I’m hungry…” Yunho answered calmly.

 

“Omo…what have I done…” Jaejoong palmed his face. How would he suppose to face Yunho after this without being reminded by that incident? This is the first time they’re being alone and then he spent it by humiliating himself?

 

Jaejoong heaved a sigh.

 

“Thanks for sending me…and for…waiting…” Jaejoong swallowed down.

 

“…while I’m sleeping…” He started to grab his stuffs without looking directly to Yunho. He tried to avoid sharing an eye contact with him and get out of the car as fast as possible.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…”

 

Jaejoong’s feet already touching the ground when Yunho called him. He closed his eyes tightly.

 

“I bought this just for you…” Yunho handed something to Jaejoong.

 

He looked around and saw that it was his favorite apple juice in Yunho’s hand. Jaejoong glanced up and Yunho gestured for him to accept while flashing his charming smile.

 

‘Love sometime is a foolish thing’- Right at that moment Jaejoong realized that there’s a truth to the fact. He just went through a break up and it’s normal for his heart to seek a comfort. All it needs is probably just a small nice treatment to push him to move on and that’s how Yunho won his heart. As simple as that.

 

*****************************************

 

The class has just ended and everybody began to pack their books in fast speed so that they can rush to the next class. But unlike most of them; Jaejoong’s next class will continue at 3 pm and he got himself long hours to recharge.

 

“Wanna go and grab something to eat?” Junsu asked him.

 

“Sure…” Jaejoong packed the books as well as the notes into his bag.

 

“I’m feeling like eating lasagna today…”

 

“Really? Then I guess we should make a visit to Economic faculty…their café served the best lasagna and spaghetti…” Junsu suggested.

 

“It’s not like we’re rushing…Economic faculty it is…wait, I’m gonna text Hyun Joongie to join us…his class ended almost at the same time as us…” Jaejoong took out his phone and began typing in fast speed. His eyes fully fixed on the screen when Junsu nudged him lightly.

 

“What?” He didn’t bother to look at Junsu and when Junsu didn’t answer him; Jaejoong thought it was just a prank.

 

“Ehem…” The sound of someone’s clearing up his throat startled Jaejoong.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…” Jaejoong’s eyes blinked rapidly when he saw Yunho stood in front of him. And there it goes; the same rhythm his heart’s drumming to – so bold and so intense.

 

Getting the vibe coming from the two; Junsu rose up from his seat.

 

“I’ll be waiting outside…” He patted Jaejoong’s arm and excused himself; leaving the two of them alone.

 

“I know that we don’t really have a good start in between us…and I hope you don’t really mind this…”

 

Jaejoong’s staring at Yunho while waiting for him to continue. He raised his brow.

 

“Can I have your phone number?” Yunho politely requested for Jaejoong’s number. He massaged the back of his neck while smiling – shyly at Jaejoong. And of course Jaejoong really love the idea.

 

“Give me your number and I’ll ring you…” Jaejoong pressed ‘back’ and handed his phone to Yunho; giving him the permission to enter his own number. Yunho accepted it and keyed in several digits before he handed the phone back to Jaejoong.

 

“So…do you still have the class after this?” Yunho asked him while waiting for Jaejoong to save his number.

 

“I got another class at 3 pm...Just wanna go find something to eat after this…” Jaejoong pressed ‘call’ and waited for it to reach the other line.

 

“Thanks…” Yunho waved his phone showing the new number’s calling and Jaejoong ended the call after that. Jaejoong stood up and they walked side by side heading out from the class.

 

“I’m free after this…wanna me send you back again?” Yunho with an offer. He earned a laugh from Jaejoong.

 

“Why? Wanna see me sleeping again?”

 

“Well…why not? You’re cute~” It slipped from Yunho’s mouth and Jaejoong couldn’t tell whether it was done intentionally or not. The silence filled in for mere seconds before both of them laughed awkwardly.

 

“See you tomorrow…” Jaejoong said to Yunho and joined Junsu outside.

 

“See you tomorrow…”

 

They watched each other warily retreat and with the smile that never seems to able leave their faces; they headed to a different direction.

 

“So…how it goes?” Junsu was eager to know. But Jaejoong held his excitement inside and waited until they’re far from others. And when they reached at a spacious remote place; Jaejoong immediately screamed and jumped like he just won a lottery.

 

“KYAAA~!!!HE ASKED FOR MY PHONE NUMBER!”

 

“HE ASKED FOR MY PHONE NUMBER, JUNSU-AH~!!!” Jaejoong continued jumping around and even did some celebratory dance.

 

“Okay okay…I get it…” Junsu raised both of his hands to stop Jaejoong.

 

“God…I’ve never seen you’re this happy before…it’s not like no one ever asked for your phone number before…”

 

“That’s true…but not the way he did…and besides…I think I like him, Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong didn’t wish to hide it anymore and started to acknowledge the existence of such feeling blooming inside his heart. But Junsu didn’t look really happy about it.

 

“I can’t do anything about your feeling…but I don’t want you to hope for too much…Jung Yunho is known for being a heartbreaker, Jaejoong-ah…he got tons of girls running after him, idolizing him…”

 

The smile on Jaejoong’s face disappeared. Junsu got a point. He too heard such rumors about Yunho before. And Jaejoong isn’t much of a fan for a ‘hot-stuff’. He always thought that it’s useless to spend your time fighting over one person when there’re other people – much better exist in this world and he/she’s definitely not the only one.

 

“I just don’t wanna see you get yourself hurt…it’s still a rumor but it’s not wrong to be careful with someone like him…”

 

“You’re right…” It’s a harsh fact but he agreed with what Junsu just said.

 

“You know Yoochun…they’re best friend…why don’t you ask him about Yunho…” Junsu suddenly suggested but Jaejoong really against that idea.

 

“I can’t…I never told anyone about this before…but Yoochun confessed his feeling to me when we’re in middle school…I’ve rejected him because I don’t want to ruin our friendship…when I thought he’s already let it go; he confessed to me once again during high school…and again during our freshmen year…”

 

Junsu dropped his mouth low.

 

“The point is…he’s very protective over me…and he doesn’t really like any guy I’ve dated before…whenever I told him that I like this person, he would tell me to just forget it…he’s not suited me…that person is bad…this and that…so I kinda stopped telling him about my relationship after that…”

 

Junsu sighed. Why he doesn’t feel surprise about that? Jaejoong is a charmer whether or not he realized about that. It seems like there’s a magnet that was attached to him – continuing to attract others to fall for him.

 

“What about Heechul? He’s your roommate, right? Dig in Yunho’s story from him.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head as he made a face.

 

“We’re doing good…but we’re not reaching the stage of sharing our private and personal life yet…”

 

“Then now it’s the time to do it…”

 

He still thinks that it’s such a bad idea. How could he ask Heechul without making it really obvious that he’s onto Yunho. He certainly doesn’t want his feeling to reach Yunho that fast. What if Heechul just spread it?

 

*****************************************

 

As he’s thinking on how to find out more about Yunho from Heechul; times just passed by in a blink of eyes. When he realized; he’s already preparing for the midterm exam and the assignments piled up waiting to be submitted. He’s losing his mind and his brain was on the verge of exploding. There’s so many things to think; so many things to be done and 24 hours is just a small number! He needs more time!

 

But even so, his relationship with Yunho made a good progress. It’s not like they’re together but they’re no longer stranger. The classes and the assignments are the things that connected them together. And despite the warning Junsu and Hyun Joong gave him; Jaejoong was helpless when his heart’s leaning towards Yunho.

 

Jaejoong arched his back and threw up his hands to the air, doing some stretching. A glance on the clock’s telling him that it’s almost 12 midnight.

 

“I think it’s enough for now…” He closed the book and grabbed his phone when Heechul walked in with a small size strawberry cheese cake in his hand.

 

“Happy Birthday, Jaejoongie~” Heechul surprised him from the back with a bright smile.

 

Jaejoong turned his head; widening his eyes. He looked back to his phone and realized that it’s already 26/01.

 

“Right…I totally forgot about my birthday…”

 

Heechul sat on the bed; till holding onto the cake.

 

“What are you waiting for? Make a wish!”

 

Jaejoong smiled brightly. He clasped his hands together and closed his eyes as he makes a wish. With a soft blow to the candle; he cut the cake with the knife Heechul handed to him.

 

“Thanks…” Jaejoong thanked Heechul as he shoved a piece of cake into his mouth.

 

“But…how did you know about my birthday?”

 

“It must be Yoochunie; right?” Heechul was about to answer when Jaejoong already figured out by himself.

 

“Well…sort of…” He replied while taking another piece of cake.

 

“Emmm...it’s delicious…study really makes me hungry…” Jaejoong expressed. Heechul darted his eyes on the bunch of books on the table.

 

“I can’t be like you…I can’t study alone…I’d probably end up sleeping or doing something else…”

 

“We’re opposite then…I can’t do study group…I can do whatever I want when I’m by myself…I can study whenever I want…or the way I want…”

 

Heechul nodded. He envied Jaejoong most of the time but he never told him. There’s so many things that he can’t do by Jaejoong can.

 

“Maybe because you’re an excellent student…I don’t really focus during lecture and that’s why I need help when studying…and I’m not a fast learner like you either…”

 

Jaejoong shook his head; denying it. He wanted to argue something but their conversation was interrupted by the sound of Jaejoong’s phone. He received a new message.

 

“Excuse me…” Jaejoong reached out for his phone and saw Yunho’s name popped up. He bit his lower lip trying to curb the excitement from flowing out and clicked it open.

 

“Don’t stay up for too long…sleep early… and good night~”

 

Jaejoong smiled nevertheless and Heechul saw it.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Ah…it’s from Yunho…” He glanced at Heechul as he answered it and back staring at the screen. He replied his message.

 

“Let me guess, he’s wishing you good night?”

 

Jaejoong just nodded.

 

“He really loves doing that to anyone…he’s caring, sweet and good looking…that’s very good…but he’s acting like that without considering other people’s feeling…he shows that he really care and he’s doing to everyone…everyone’s falling for him…and he always got me into trouble because of that kind of attitude…”

 

The smile on Jaejoong’s face slowly fades away as he’s listening to it. He always wanted to know more about Yunho from Heechul but now that he heard it; he just wished that it’s better if he didn’t.

 

“Do you know how many girls confronted me every day because of him? It’s always the same question- what is my relationship with Yunho? Is it just friends or more than friends? Half of them came to me and cried. They’re complaining about how Yunho just broke their hearts…”

 

“When I asked him; he said that he has no feelings towards anyone of them. But the way he treats them differed from what he claimed! I wish he could just stops giving them false hope. And what frustrated me is; he said that he doesn’t know how to be kind without misleading them.” Heechul heaved a deep sigh as he recalled his conversation with Yunho the other day.

 

“But he got the point…I mean…it’s not like he acted like that to just one person…he treats all of them on the same level – without affectionate feeling…”

 

All that Jaejoong could do is smiling like he’s on the same page as Heechul is. But deep inside his heart; only God knows that he’s definitely bothered by it. What if he’s also among them? Hoping for something that wasn’t there at the very beginning. What if Yunho just be kind to him and that’s just it? The way Yunho expressed that he cares for him flattered him. Jaejoong felt like he’s loved and wanted. And to think that he isn’t the only one who feels like that; crushed Jaejoong’s heart.

 

“S-so…the rumor about him…being the heartbreaker is t…true?” He gathered his courage to ask Heechul that question.

 

“It’s true…but it’s not like he meant it…Jung Yunho I know is really kindhearted person. His heart is as hard as the stone; it’s hard for him to fall in love. But when he did; he’s seriously committed to his relationship…”

 

That sounded so familiar to Jaejoong’s ear because he too is that kind of person. He knew it very well how it really feels like. Too scared to be hurt.

 

“I pity him actually. I think he’s having a hard time to move on.”

 

“M-move on?”

 

“He really loves Ara…a lot! And Ara too loves him like crazy…”

 

Jaejoong’s heart’s thumping like crazy. He was so scared to hear the rest of it. He swore that he could hear the shattering sound of his heart.

 

“…but we’re really against it. I mean; Ara is beautiful indeed but she really has bad attitude…pretentious and she has this habit, when she’s feeling bored of something...she’d just dump it…” 

 

“I thought Ara’s dating Sang Hyuk…?” Jaejoong interjected.

 

“Sang Hyuk’s dating her in order to protect Yunho. He knew she’s going to hurt Yunho eventually and no one can handle Ara except Sang Hyuk himself. So he stepped up and claimed Ara’s heart instead and damn! She accepted it EASILY! Just imagine how Yunho felt like…”

 

Torn and bleed – just like the current state of Jaejoong’s heart.

 

*****************************************

 

Jaejoong went to bed with the trouble heart. The next morning; he woke up by the blaring sound of his phone. With one slanted eye; he answered the call without bother looking at the caller’s name.

 

“Jae? I’m already at the front gate…”

 

“Yunho?”

 

“Are you just awake?” Yunho asked in surprise tone. He could tell from the sound of Jaejoong’s voice.

 

“Emmm” Jaejoong answered with a hum. He rubbed his eyes to check at the time only to realize that he’s running late for the class. Not just that; his body ached badly. Another wave of dizziness hit him when he pulled himself up into a sitting position. His head throbbed and the pain’s unbearable.

 

“Jae?” Yunho’s voice echoed.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Jaejoong swallowed. He placed his palm on his forehead to feel the temperature and it’s burning hot. He breathed.

 

“You can go without me…I’m not feeling well…”

 

“You’re not feeling well? Want me to send you to the clinic?” The panic evidenced in his voice but Jaejoong barely heard him.

 

“It’s fine…I’ll just rest…” Jaejoong answered slowly and he thought Yunho would leave him alone when he ended the call. Putting his phone aside; he went back lying on the bed and closed his eyes.

 

But that wasn’t the case. 15 minutes later the knocks sounded on the door; leaving Jaejoong with no choice but to wake up since Heechul’s class started early that day.  It required him a huge effort just to stand up and made his way to the door. The pounding on his head matched his rapid heartbeat when he saw Yunho’s standing outside; panted. The sweats formed on his forehead and he’s in the middle of catching up his breath.

 

“Y-yunho? What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be at class…” Jaejoong’s eyes scanned the length of Yunho’s body and stopped at the vinyl bag in Yunho’s hand.

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Yeah…sure…” Jaejoong pulled the door wider; allowing Yunho to enter. Taking off his shoes; Yunho followed Jaejoong’s steps to his own room.

 

“I bought something for you to eat…I don’t know which flavor you prefer so I bought several kinds of bread…there’s also an apple juice and the pain killer…” Yunho took out one by one and lined it up on Jaejoong’s table.

 

It’s a bluff if Jaejoong said that his heart wasn’t touched by Yunho’s gesture. But he didn’t think that it’s good for Yunho to do that and definitely not good for him. Yunho should just leave him alone rather than planting a hope inside Jaejoong’s heart.

 

“And what frustrated me is; he said that he doesn’t know how to be kind without misleading them”

 

He doesn’t want to be like those girls.

 

“Thanks…but you don’t have to do this…” Jaejoong said in a bitter tone.

 

“So…which one do you prefer?” Yunho was talking about the bread. He’s ignoring Jaejoong’s words.

 

“The custard one…” Jaejoong didn’t have the energy to make Yunho understand so he just let it slide – just for this one time.

 

Yunho opened up the wrapper and handed it to Jaejoong. He took a small bite of the bread and munched slowly while Yunho’s watching over him. He then walked to the bed and placed his palm against Jaejoong’s forehead. Jaejoong didn’t see it coming. His body jerked slightly at the sudden touch.

 

“Are you sure you don’t wanna go to the clinic?” Yunho asked him again and Jaejoong just nodded weakly.

 

“I don’t even have strength to walk right now…I just wanna rest and sleep then I’d be fine…”

 

Yunho sighed. He walked back to the table and opened up the cap of the juice for Jaejoong. Putting on the pain killer on his tongue; Jaejoong let the juice washed it down his throat.

 

“You shouldn’t skip class just because of me…”

 

“I’m worried about you…” Yunho’s being honest.

 

“Don’t be…I’ll ask Junsu and Hyun Joong to come later on…right after they finish their classes…”

 

“I understand that…but I’ll only leave when they’re here…”

 

“Yunho-ah-”

 

“I can’t just leave you with an ease heart knowing that you’re sick here and no one to look after you…”  

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes. Yunho’s just being kind to him because that’s what a normal person would do. Jaejoong kept on reminding himself the same thing again and again but it’s hard. It’s really hard for him to let go of his feeling when his heart keeps on falling for Yunho.

 

“Don’t be nice to me…” He murmured.

 

“Please don’t be nice to me…” The tears threatened to fall.  He was so scared to be hurt again.

 

“You’re delirious…you should rest…” Yunho helped Jaejoong to lie back on the bed and pulled the blanket to cover up to his chest. Jaejoong looked at the other direction and the tears rolled down from the corner of his eyes.

 

He might be delirious and his mind might be clouded but his heart finally got the answer that day. He loves Yunho. He’s falling deeply and went too far. He wondered if he still can be saved.   

 

Yes. He loves Yunho. It wasn’t just a simple ‘like’. If only he could let it out. If only he could tell Yunho that. But Jaejoong didn’t know how to take the first step. He’s normally being confessed to and not the one who initiate it. Should he just wait for Yunho to confess to him? But for how long he should wait? What if Yunho never feel the same way like he does? While his conscience and his emotion were battling silently, Jaejoong eventually went back to sleep.

 

*****************************************

 

Its 5 minutes after 5 pm when Jaejoong stirred up from his sleep. His headache had disappeared and his temperature cooled down. The nap had refreshed him though his feeling remains tangled. He took off the cloth from his forehead, pushing the blanket aside and climbed out from the bed. He looked around but there was no sign of Yunho.

 

“I guess he’s already left…”

 

He padded across the small living room heading to the kitchen and poured out a glass of water. With one hand folded to his chest and another hand’s holding onto the glass; he took his time in sipping the drink as he’s letting his eyes wandered outside of the window. The weather outside was so calm and peaceful unlike the weather inside his heart. He couldn’t stop himself from thinking about Yunho.

 

As far as he knows; he and Yunho don’t really share the same interest. The only thing that connects them is the class and befriends with the same people. And Yunho isn’t his type at all. If someone ask him what he likes about Yunho; he probably couldn’t give any. But he’s happy to list down what he doesn’t like about Yunho and believe it; the list wouldn’t stop at just 10.

 

“How did I get into all this mess?” He sighed inwardly.

 

“Jae? You’re up?”

 

Jaejoong startled when he heard Yunho’s voice coming from the living room. The glass almost slips out from his hand.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re already left?” Jaejoong raised his voice; still shock with Yunho’s presence.

 

“I never leave actually…well, except just now…I went to buy the chicken porridge for you…” He showed off the plastic bag in his hand, flashing his white teeth as he smiled.

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath.

 

“Yunho-ah…I told you-” He started but Yunho didn’t let him finish.

 

“I’ve informed Junsu and Hyun Joong-shi about your condition. They said they will rush back as soon as the class ends. And I’ve already informed the lecturer about it too…”

 

Jaejoong sighed. He seriously doesn’t know how to deal with Yunho’s stubbornness.

 

“Thanks…”

 

He finished up his drink and cleaned it up.

 

“Just put it on the counter…I wanna clean myself…” He walked past Yunho as he headed straight into his room to grab the towel.

 

“If you’re really uncomfortable with my presence here…I’ll just leave…” Yunho spoke from the living room.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly. That wasn’t what really wants. He loves it when they’re together but it isn’t the right thing to do. He swallowed hard, telling himself not to get his hopes up again.

 

“Okay…thanks!”

 

“Well…I’ll leave then…take care…”

 

“Yunho-ah…wait, I…” His voice trailed off as he heard the sound of the door is being closed.

 

He’d blown it. Yunho’s worried about him. He spent his time looking after him while he’s sick. The least thing he should do is treating him nicely. But instead; he just chased him out.

 

“I’m sorry Yunho-ah…I don’t know what else should I do…I’m afraid the more I spend my times with you; the more my feeling will develop…and it’s useless if you aren’t on the same page as me…”

 

“Yunho’s being nice to anyone…he’s treating everyone on the same level…”

 

“He’s having a hard time to move on…He really loves Ara…a lot!”

 

“Why can’t I get it out of my head?”

 

*****************************************

 

 

*That Night

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JAEJOONGIE~! HAPPY BRITHDAY TO YOU~!!!”

 

Jaejoong was surrounded by all his best friends.

 

“So this is what you up to, huh?! Ignoring me all day…” Jaejoong pointed to Hyun Joong and Junsu. Both of them replied him with a foolish grin.

 

*Jaejoong’s POV

26 of January.

 

I’m helplessly in love with Jung Yunho. Our story probably won’t end with a happy ending but I don’t wish to end it based on a presumption and a rumor. There’s so many things that I yet to know about him and I wanna find it out by myself. I wanna know him better. And so I’ve decided to risk my heart.

*End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Jaejoong moved farther away from the crowd and started to dial one particular number. He waited for the other line to pick up.

 

“Jae?”

 

“Yunho-ah…Can you come and pick me up by the gate tomorrow morning?”

 

“But you don’t have a morning class tomorrow…”

 

“I know…but I was thinking…maybe we could have a breakfast together…”

 

It took Yunho a long time to answer. Jaejoong’s already preparing his heart for a rejection.

 

“Okay…”

 

*****

A/N: Another update~ Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks~