"A Story Like a Legend : Part 2"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“A STORY LIKE A LEGEND – PART 2”

 

 

Sitting at the edge of the bed topless; he dabbed the clean cloth on one particular spot on his stomach.

 

“I know this might sound ridiculous and absurd…”

 

“…but I think you can see how much I’m attracted to you…Jaejoong-shi…I really love you…”

 

He closed his eyes tightly. A soft sigh emitted from his lips a moment after. He looked down to his stomach. The white clean cloth’s slowly turning into the red color; absorbing the dripping blood.

 

This kind of incident didn’t surprise him. It might freak out others who happened to witness it but it’s not something unusual to him. But the feeling that it caused; the pain he has to go through… He could hear the sound of his skin ripped apart as the arrow pierced through… It’s frighteningly real. And the love that’s blooming inside his heart; how much he yearns for that man…he could feel it.

 

Not long ago; he figured out that his life has something to do with his previous life. The dream occurred even more frequent when he’s in relationship with someone; torturing his feeling like it’s really against it. He had no choice but to end his relationship.

 

Just like how he needs to end his relationship with Hye Ri now.

 

He glanced at the clock in elephant shape on the wall. It’s just 5 minutes after 2 in the morning. He heaved a deep sigh and grabbed his phone underneath his pillow. His left hand’s still holding onto the cloth; pressing against the bleeding scar and so he used his right hand to dial Hye Ri’s number.

 

He brought the phone close to his ear; waiting for the other line to pick up. And thankfully he didn’t have to wait for a long time when he heard Hye Ri’s voice; answering his call.

 

“Hye- Ri-ah…did I wake you up?”

 

“Aniya…I’m still awake…I have a report that I have to submit tomorrow morning…why? What happened?”

 

He took a deep breath.

 

“Hye Ri-ah…let’s break up…”

 

There was a long silent from the other line. It took her some times to respond to it.

 

“Are you perhaps sleep-talking?”

 

“No I’m not…I’m wide awake and I’m completely sober; trust me…”

 

“Then why are you doing this to me?” Her voice sounded so depressed.

 

“I thought we’re doing fine! We-”

 

She couldn’t finish her sentence when Jaejoong cut her off.

 

“You’re doing fine…but I’m not…I can’t continue with all of this…I don’t wanna lie to myself anymore…you can curse me; you can hate me…just do whatever you wanna do; but I still want to end this relationship…so I’m sorry…” He was so determined.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…let’s talk again about this tomorrow; okay…maybe we-”

 

“It’s useless and it’s pointless…let’s just break up…period!” Jaejoong then ended the phone call. He threw the phone on the bed and back on focusing on his scar. As soon as he ended his relationship; it’s miraculously stop bleeding.

 

He closed his eye lids once again; trying to recall the face of his supposed to be lover. But sadly; he failed to find the rest of his memories. All he could see is the heart shape of his lips and the mole which was located on the left corner just above his lips.

 

And his voice that’s whispering his name.

 

The scar had stopped bleeding and pain slowly diminished but no new memories had surfaced.

 

“Whoever you are…wherever you at…I wish I could find you…” He muttered.

 

*****

 

“We’ll be covering this place today…a historical village…they preserved this place for the purpose of film or drama shooting site…” Junsu dropped a file on top of Jaejoong’s table.

 

Jaejoong lifted his face to look at Junsu briefly and then flipped it open.

 

“…and get this…there’s a legend about this place that makes it so special…any lover who make a promise on the lover stone situated underneath the cherry blossom…their wish will be fulfilled…”

 

“Lover stone?” Jaejoong raised his dark brows.

 

“Well I don’t know about the details…that’s why this will be our assignment…this legend spread widely on the internet and the government’s planning to turn this place into a tourist site next 2 weeks…we have to go there and cover the story of this legend before other broadcast company did…”Junsu stated it eagerly.

 

Jaejoong showed Junsu an interest.

 

“You’re not planning to go there and make a wish; right?”

 

Junsu avoided an eye contact with Jaejoong. He brushed it off with an awkward laugh and immediately walked away.

 

“A legend huh?” Jaejoong browsed through the file and stopped when his eyes spotted a familiar picture.

 

“They’ve already found out about us! I overheard their conversation. They wanted to kill you!!! We should go now!!! WE SHOULD GO NOW!!!!!!”

 

One part of his blurry memories flashed back before his eyes. He shook his head as he widened his eyes.

 

“It’s the same tree…it’s the same place…” Jaejoong emphasized.

 

His heart started to race upon seeing the pictures. He then flipped to the next page to read about the information.

 

||The Lover Stone is the memorial stone used to commemorate the death of the couple who met with a tragedy||

 

It’s just that. There’s no further explanation or information other than that. There’s more to the story and he needs to find out about it.

 

He wanted to know about his past life and whether or not it’s connected to his current life. Whether or not he was reincarnated and who’s actually the man that he’s been dreaming all these days? And his uncanny scars that he was born with.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi…” A tall man approached him.

 

“I’m Shim Changmin…I’m the new cameraman…I’m assigned to work with you…” He introduced himself when he got no response from Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong blinked his eyes twice and started to pack his belongings hastily; ready to leave.

 

Junsu came from the vending machine; bringing along with him a cup of coffee when he was surprised by Jaejoong’s loud voice screaming at him.

 

“JUNSU-AH! WE’RE GOING NOW!”

 

“What? You mean like right now? Can’t I just sit and drink for a while?”

 

“5 minutes…I’ll meet you at the car…”

 

Junsu pouted and started to blow on his cup before he drinks it.

 

“Changmin-shi! What are you waiting for?” Jaejoong called for Changmin. He gestured with his hand; asking Changmin to follow him.

 

*****

 

Yunho dropped his jaw low. He stared lifelessly at the lined ups book shelves. His nose twitched at the smell of the books.

 

“Are you kidding me? Do you think we can find the information about it here? Seriously?”  Yunho questioned Yoochun’s decision.

 

Yoochun looked back at him while pulling out the chair for him to sit.

 

“That’s why we call this library…all kinds of information you want; you can find it here…”

 

“Right…now you call me stupid…” Yunho exhaled and joined Yoochun at the table.

 

“It’ just that…I doubt if we can ever find anything that related to my story in here…we’re not even sure yet if it’s real…”

 

“Well…you might be surprised with what we’ve find out later on…besides; do you have any better idea you can suggest where to start? If you don’t, then just stick with my idea…” Yoochun plagued in the charger and his laptop.

 

Yunho kept his mouth shut. He hooked his elbow on the table while watching over Yoochun.

 

“Yahh~ what are you doing? Go and find the books…” Yoochun forced Yunho to stand up.

 

“I thought we’re doing this together?”

 

“Just go…I’m gonna start with the internet…who knows; it might lead us somewhere…”

 

“Can’t we change? Just by seeing these huge amounts of book; I start to feel sleepy…”

 

“Tsk…” Yoochun hissed and then breathed out a pitiful sigh.

 

“Okay fine…”

 

Yunho smiled brightly and mouthed ‘thank you’ to Yoochun as they changed their place.

 

But even after they changed their place; Yunho didn’t know where to start. He’s just staring at the laptop screen while thinking suitable words to key in. He looked back; wanted to ask Yoochun for help but Yoochun’s already disappeared.

 

He’s back focusing on the screen and sighed. Biting onto his lower lip; Yunho just keyed in anything that his mind could think of.

 

A story like a legend Jung Yunho

 

And to his surprise; he found several relevant lists. His heart skipped a bit as he read one particular title.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…I really love you…”

 

He stunned. His breathing hitched as he could hear his own voice-calling out for that one name. He then ran his index finger on the touchpad and clicked it twice.

 

“You’ve found it? Yoochun came in; dropping the several types of books in different kinds of sizes on the table. He wiped off the sweats that formed on his wide forehead.

 

“Yoochun-ah…” Yunho shot a meaningful glance at Yoochun. His face paled.

 

“What?”

 

“You’ve gotta read this…” Yunho positioned the laptop a little bit to his right while Yoochun pulled the chair closer to Yunho.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A STORY LIKE A LEGEND

 

It’s more than just coincidence. It’s believed that their lives were tied by the past. The story that revolves around these two particular names : Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong.

 

I’ve done lots of research before I’ve found the courage to write this. 10 years ago; I’ve found a box that contains a bulk of news paper cuts originally owned by my father. The story is eye-catching that I’ve decided to continue where my late father

left it.

 

“The history repeats itself” that’s what my late father told me - the history that continuously repeats itself over an unfulfilled promise. Believe it or not; it happened not just once. I hereby attached together the proofs below.

 

And how can I say that these cases connected to each other? You can judge it by yourself.

 

1st tragedy:

In a robbery case; the owner of the house Jung Yunho was shot and the bullet went through his abdomen. The investigator couldn’t find the bullet in any place in the house or nearby the house. They later found out that the same bullet had killed Kim Jaejoong; Jung Yunho’s neighbor.

 

2nd tragedy:

The death came uninvited. This term applied in the unfortunate situation happened in a wedding ceremony. Jung Yunho; 25 was about to marry the love of his life when the chandelier crashed down and pierced through his stomach.

The same incident occurred in a different occasion that got Kim Jaejoong; died. They reportedly died almost at the same time.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"OMG! Yunho-ah…” Yoochun looked over to Yunho; checking his expression. Just like him; Yunho was deeply in shock.

 

It’s true that it’s not just once. It’s more than 30 cases ever reported that involved Yunho’s name and another name. They’re all involved in the same kind of tragedy and they both died on the same day. It’s either on the same place or not far from each other.

 

“But it’s not the same like what I’ve been dreaming about…” Yunho stated.

 

“Maybe that’s the root of it…the incident that led to your case right now…” Yoochun pointed it out.

 

“I think I’ve seen the same name in a book…” Yoochun searched a book from among the books he brought just now.

 

“…here…this book…” Yoochun flipped it open and stopped at the mentioned page.

 

“…over an unfulfilled promise…” Yunho blurted it out.

 

 “Yunho-ah…even if I’m born again in the next life; I just want to love you…I rather die than living without loving you…”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…underneath this beautiful cherry blossom…I promised to love you again and just you… unlike this life…let’s be together in the next life…”

 

Yunho hunched his body upon a sudden twinge on his scar. He could feel a thick lump bursting from inside his throat and the blood dripped out from the corner of his mouth soon after that.

 

“Yunho-ah…are you okay?!” Yoochun started to panic.

 

 “Yeah…I’m fine…” Yunho fished out for a handkerchief and wiped it off.

 

“Yoochun-ah…all those cases…when did they happen?”

 

Yoochun threw his gaze back on the screen.

 

“At the end of the Spring…”

 

Yoochun widened his eyes. He reached out for the book back.

 

“Here in this book…it’s mentioned that all the cherry blossom trees stopped blooming after their death; even when the Spring came a year after a year…and the name of the village is…” Yoochun paused. He looked up; pondering.

 

“What?”

 

“I’ve heard the name of this village somewhere…”

 

Yoochun pulled the laptop closed to him and input the name of the village. And a minute later; a page displayed before their eyes. Both of them exchanged looks.

 

“How can we go there?”

 

“I don’t think it’s opened to public yet…”

 

*****

 

“Are you sure we can be here?” Jaejoong asked Junsu as soon as his stepped his feet on the ground.

 

Junsu’s drinking a bottle of chocolate milk when Jaejoong asked him.

 

“Yeah…I’ve asked the permission from the old man that’s in charged.” He finished the last drop of the milk and wiped his mouth with the tissue.

 

“Did you make an appointment with him? We need to interview him and anyone that knows about this place…”

 

“Yeah yeah…I’ve arranged everything already…”

 

Jaejoong’s body jolted out of the sudden and the blood dripped from the corner of his mouth. He reached out for the handkerchief in his pocket and wiped it off like it’s nothing.

 

Unknown to him; Changmin’s watching his every moves and he unwittingly witnessed the scene.

 

“Junsu-ah…look at those trees…it’s beautiful…” Jaejoong praised. His face beamed with happiness as he saw the pink petals of cherry blossom blown away by the winds.

 

“You’ve said they’re not blooming…” He asked; still smiling.

 

“It’s true…the trees aren’t blooming…not until this morning…” All of them threw a glance to the source of unknown voice. An old man appeared from behind their car.

 

“…and now I know why…” he said. His eyes fixed directly on Jaejoong’s face.

 

*******

A/N: I’m sorry for the late update…I’m not in a good health…I’m sick and the internet connection is pissing me off! I feel like wanna chop off my laptop…grrr!!!

*sigh*

But here’s an update…please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks