"Fireworks : Part 2"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“Stay with me…”

 

Yunho couldn’t bear to look at Jaejoong any longer. Jaejoong’s undeniably his soft spot. Yunho turned around and look Jaejoong in the eye.

 

“I have someone’s waiting for me and promise to keep…” Jaejoong’s hand slipped off slowly. He looked down showing his feeling of dejection.

 

“Jae…”

 

“Just go…” Jaejoong said while faking his smile. He even opened up the door for Yunho and waved Yunho a goodbye.

 

“Don’t worry about the drama…all I need to do is just act…” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

Jaejoong was acting to be strong and Yunho knew it. Jaejoong might be showing the sweetest smile to him but he could never hide his watery eyes; the tears that’s waiting for the right moment to flow out.

 

Yunho didn’t want to make it hard for both of them and just walked out of the house like nothing happened. He heard the door closed behind him and the sound of someone who’s break down in tears from behind the door.

***********************

After leaving Jaejoong’s penthouse; Yunho didn’t head back straight to his apartment as he stopped by at CassiElf Bar first.

 

“Where is he…?”

 

“I’m sorry Yoochun-shi…I had to call you…your hyung…he is in a really bad condition…” The bartender; a close friend to Yoochun pointed to the drunken Yunho sitting at the booth across the bar.

 

Yoochun pushed himself through the crowds of people just to arrive at the end of the corner. There he saw the miserable Yunho’s banging his head on the table again and again.

 

“Yunho hyung…let’s go home…” Yoochun pulled Yunho’s body to stand up.

 

“Oh Yoochunnie…you’re here…let’s take another shot! WAITER!!!” Yunho yelled asking for another round.

 

“No…we’re going back…hyung…you have a tight schedule tomorrow…you’re not supposed to be seating here fooling around…” Yunho pushed Yoochun out of his way and staggered around with the glass beer in his hand. Yoochun ran after him from behind and caught Yunho right in time.

 

“Nope! We’re done here…!” Yoochun put Yunho’s arm above his shoulder and led Yunho to his car.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you; hyung…?” Yoochun pushed Yunho’s body down into the passenger seat and buckled him up. He then jogged to the driver seat and hurriedly started the engine.

 

“Is there something that I need to know here…?” Yoochun questioned in mid low tone.

 

“D…don’t scream to me…my head…my head…I feels like it’ll get explode…” Yunho talked in his half conscious state. Yoochun glanced at him in disbelieved.

 

“Yoochun-ah!!! I…can’t…” Yunho shouted in a sudden.

 

“Immnvbhdhj&%@@hjdhqfg vc&*%@@$#$%osabdczx” Yoochun couldn’t understand a single word came out of Yunho’s mouth at that as he was talking gibberish.

 

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this…” Yoochun muttered.

 

Yoochun didn’t like that feeling emerged suddenly inside his heart. This is a familiar scene before him. He has encountered almost the same incident so many times like this long time ago. Yoochun decided to stay positive and just shrugged it off.

 

With the help of Junsu; Yoochun carried Yunho on his back and brought Yunho to his home where he’s living with Junsu.

 

Yoochun pushed the door of the guest room with his legs and threw Yunho on the bed.

 

“Junsu-ah…bring me my clothes and clean water…I want to change his clothes…” Yoochun pulled Yunho’s coat out of him and then moved to Yunho’s shirt. It took him for almost 15 minutes just to take the shirt out of Yunho’s body; struggling with the unconscious big man.

 

Junsu came back with the clothes and a bowl of a clean water. He passed them to Yoochun and gathered Yunho’s clothes on the floor.

 

“Yoochun-ah…Is Yunho hyung changed his perfume…? This is smell nice…” Junsu complimented. Yoochun turned around; interested with what Junsu just said. Junsu was sniffing onto Yunho’s white plain shirt and sent a meaningful message through his eyes to Yoochun.

 

“What is it…” He snatched Yunho’s shirt from Junsu’s hand then brought it closer to his nose.

 

“This is…” Yoochun paused.

 

“Why I can’t get you out of my head…! Arrghgh!” Yunho grunted.

 

Both of them exchanged glances then to Yunho who’s lying on the bed as they’re suspecting something. Yunho tossed his body to the left and to the right. He kept on repeating the same action; seems so uncomfortable. He knew what was wrong with Yunho now. Yoochun didn’t like from the sound of it.

 

Yoochun sighed in defeated.

 

“Hyung…I thought…you…” Yoochun slammed Yunho’s shirt to the floor.

 

“Yoochun-ah…can we talk…” Junsu interrupted.

 

“…outside…” Junsu continued while pointing outside the door with his thumb.

 

Junsu left first and Yoochun followed him from behind. After Yoochun closed the door; the only wall that separates them from Yunho...Junsu showed his hand to Yoochun; stopping him from saying anything before he do.

 

“Before you say anything…I want you to listen to me first…” Junsu exhaled in one breath and stood face to face with Yoochun.

 

“…I…might kind of leading Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung to each other…”

 

“What are you talking about…?” Yoochun didn’t understand.

 

“I wrote the script for “DUET”…based on their love story…and I was also the one who suggested Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung for the roles…”

 

“What? What the hell are you doing that for, Junsu-ah…?”

 

“…because I want them to get back together…!”

 

“I don’t get it…after what I’ve done for Yunho hyung so that he can move on all this time…?? Can’t you see he’s suffering?”

 

“YOU are the one who couldn’t see what is really going on, Jung Yoochun! He’s suffering because he can’t be together with Jaejoong hyung…!”

 

Yoochun snarled. He’s currently very pissed off with what Junsu did.

 

“I worked hard to put Yunho hyung where he’s standing right now…”

 

“…where? In hell…?” Junsu cut Yoochun’s sentences.

 

“I want him to prove to Jaejoong hyung; that he’s more than worth it! What…? Now that Yunho hyung is a successful one; recognized; he wanted to just crawl back to him?”

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

***************

*Yunho’s POV

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

 

I rubbed my eyes and massaged my temples. I overheard that they’re arguing about me. I know Yoochun has sacrificed a lot of things so that I can stand on the same level with Jaejoong. I agreed with his suggestion but not for the purpose of putting revenge to him.

 

Junsu was right about something.

 

*Flashback : 2 years ago

 

“Oppa…you must be kidding right…you don’t want to break up with me, right…YUNHO OPPA!!!! SAY SOMETHING!!!!!”

 

I got used to this scream now…I heard it a lot…to the extent that my heart doesn’t feel anything…no pain…

 

“This relationship will not work out anyway…we should stop pretending…because this relationship will not last….” It’s seems like this is a part of a drama script that I’ve been memorized for so long. Repeated and repeated.

 

“NO! I LOVE YOU!!! WHY DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND IT!!!!?” I’m not stupid and I’m definitely not a heartless stone. I saw the running tears on her cheek but I’m standing here unaffected.

 

Why this is happening to me…? It would be ridiculous if someone said that I’m turning into a robot for not being concern…

 

“I’m sorry…for being such a jerk to you…” And I mean it…She’s begging me again and again with her hands locked onto my legs…At that moment I know that I still have a heart…I understand that feeling very well…

 

A broken heart…

************************

I walked into the house barely with limp legs…Feels like the oxygen has been out of me…I loosened up my ties and threw my car keys on the table…I walked passed by the huge mirror at the corner of the entrance and decided to turn back; just to check my poor condition.

 

Heavy dark line under my eyes…Can’t differentiate whether it’s because of the crying endlessly or having no enough rest for working so hard…

 

“I heard you dumped another girl today…” A voice interrupted my lonely moments.

 

I looked up just to see Yoochun standing on the staircase.

 

“It wasn’t a new thing…news spread too fast that you’re ever expected…” He added.

 

“Ehmmm…” I slammed my body onto the couch. I heard his sigh and I guess even Yoochun got too used with this situation.

 

“You better stop torturing yourself, hyung…you pushed everyone away from you…you don’t want to do the same thing to me…” He kneeled down in front of me; taking off my shoes like always.

 

“I’m sorry, Chun…” That’s the only thing that I can say to him. Word ‘sorry’ to express my guilt feeling. I guess; he’s the longest person that able to stay by my side.

 

“Hyung…I have this conference to attend…for three days…starting from tomorrow…” He said while brushed off both of his hands after arranging my shoes on the rack.

 

“Yeah…it’s good…” I responded; briefly.

 

“It’s…..in New York…” My eyes dilated the moment I heard the name of New York.

 

“I wanna ask you to join me…you know, I hate to be alone…but I guess…I don’t need to ask…you…” He arranged his word properly. But I’m already lost in the trails of thought and memories that I couldn’t hear what he said; a word.

 

“Hyung…..” Like a drunken man; I walked away and climbed up the staircase forcefully.

 

**************************

“I survived for another day…” I snatched the remote control on the table and clicked it randomly.

 

That’s when my eyes caught a figure of someone I’m longing…I admiring…and loving…

 

It’s like the world around me stopped moving for a while; as my eyes darted on that person.

 

“Welcome to Korea…”

 

The big doe eyes that calling me to drown in its beauty…

 

The smile that captured my heart and lock me in it…

 

The smell that will always be lingering in my nose; being a drug that poisoned my mind…and took away my sanity…

 

And the voice…the voice that I really miss; calling for my name in its melodious tone…that changed my nightmare into a sweet dream…

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“Jaejoong…” The name that was engraved deep inside my heart.

 

I closed my eyes as I recalled the day before…

 

“PABO!!!! IT’E BACAUSE OF JAEJOONG RIGHT…? IT’S ALWAYS BECAUSE OF HIM…!!!!! DID HE EVER LOVE YOU….?!!!!” Yoochun exploded for the first time. I guessed he reached his limit already. But I couldn’t even blame him. In fact; I owed him.

 

“You’re dying here for loving him madly; did he ever appreciate it…? He’s faraway from you; achieving his dream…did he ever consider living with you…? YOU’RE PABO, JUNG YUNHO!!!!!”

 

“YOU’RE PABO!!!! You aren’t destined to be with him!!!! Can’t you see…? He’s not belongs to you!!!!!”

 

It was like a harsh slap landed on my face as I snapped my eyes open…I realized that Jaejoong wasn’t anywhere that I can see…

 

Is he too far for me to reach…?

 

Is he not belongs to me at all…?

 

Is there really no other way that I can change the fate that we’re not destined together?

 

Is he ever…

 

*End of Flashback : 2 years ago

 

“What happened to me…? I promised Yoochun that I’ll be strong…that I’ll never turn back again…” Yunho ruffled his hair in frustration and slammed his back on the bed.

 

“…and I feels like my head’s floating in the air right now…” He hissed and threw the pillow away.

 

*****************

“Yunho-ah…” I felt a sudden warm sneaking into my cold bare hand.

 

I recognized the voice…I turned my head cautiously; afraid that he might let go my pity hand…afraid that he’s voice just some part of my hallucination…

 

“Yunho…” He called again with his soft voice… I couldn’t take my eyes of him…and my mind wondered…

 

Is he ever loved me like I love him…?

 

He stared straight to my face; standing closely to me while facing me without budged…He brought both of his hand to touch my face and caressed slowly…

 

And his lips curved into smiling…

 

“Yunho-ah…I miss you…” He fell into my embrace…

 

Am I dreaming…?

 

“Yunho-ah…your line…” Jaejoong then whispered. His serious voice popped the balloon of my thought.

 

“Eh…?”

 

“CUT!!!” The director screamed.

 

I turned my back just to realize that we’re at the set.

 

“Sorry..!” I bowed and apologized again and again.

 

When I turned around to apologize to Jaejoong; I saw that he wasn’t with me anymore. He stood a bit far from me; surrounding by his make-up artist and the stylist.

 

“I’m sorry…but can we call it a day…for today…?”

 

I overheard the conversation between Jaejoong and the Director. Only the most influenced top artist like him that can make a request like that.

 

I made an approach towards them and apologized one again.

 

“If it’s because of me…I’m sorry…but I don’t mind if we continue…and I promise this time I’ll do better…”

 

“I think everyone is a little bit tired today, don’t you think…” Jaejoong smiled as he continued. I watched all the staffs that work hard for us today and Jaejoong was right.

 

“Well…if you said so…then I think we should just call it a day…” The director replied it while smiling.

 

“Thanks for your hard work; Yunho-shi…you should rest too…” Jaejoong then left afterwards.

 

I admit that I might be in the stage of hangover and couldn’t work very well today but it doesn’t mean I don’t really pay attention to everything’s going on around me.

 

Maybe a little bit but I noticed how weird Jaejoong is walking just now and one thing that I can conclude is that something’s wrong with him as well.

 

*Meanwhile

 

Jaejoong hopped onto the van and the staffs were running after him urgently at the back. They were acting like they’re desperate to leave the set.

 

After making sure that everything is done; the manager stepped on the accelerator and drove away.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…are you really sure that you don’t want us to send you to the hospital…” The stylist noona was asking. She looked really worried and repeatedly checked Jaejoong’s condition.

 

Jaejoong was clutching onto his right side of belly and the sweats were covering all over his forehead.

 

“Shia…grab that towel…wipe those sweat on Jaejoong’s forehead…”

 

Jaejoong frowned badly. He was holding back the pain and his lips turning into a pale one.

 

“A week ago; we were very sure that we left you in perfectly fine…”

 

“Even 3 days ago at the conference; you looked okay…and why all of a sudden your disease suddenly attacks…” They’re throwing the questions like a bomb. Jaejoong wouldn’t even answer even once.

 

Well…he couldn’t.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…don’t tell us that you’ve been drinking for the past 3 days…?” Her assumption was right and she cupped when Jaejoong’s glaring at her.

 

Jaejoong was about to say something when he lost his consciousness and collapsed.

 

“Jaejoong-ah! Jaejoong-ah!” They’re screaming frantically.

 

*********************

Changmin’s in the middle of explaining the schedule to Yunho because there are some changes at the last minute. The Director had informed them that Yunho will be doing his part alone first because it seems that Jaejoong had something came up that need for them to rearrange the schedule.

 

Yunho nodded showing his understanding and willing to cooperate.

 

The small meeting continued where Changmin continued giving him briefing about the offer made by the well known company for Yunho to involve in their new CF.

 

Yunho raised his hand to alert Changmin as he had this coming call that he need to answer and Changmin gestured with his hand; allowing it. Yunho stood and left the meeting room for the purpose of answering the call.

 

“Jaejoongie’s omma?” Yunho swallowed down the saliva couldn’t imagine what Jaejoong’s mother might wants to discuss about.

 

“Yoboeseyo…” Yunho made his voice sounded overwhelming accepting the call from her.

 

Apparently they forgot to inform their parents about the break up. The bright smile on his face just now slowly fades away as he continued listening.

 

*************************

*At Jaejoong’s Penthouse

 

“I’m fine, omma…there’s no need for you to come here…I’m fine…” Jaejoong was in the middle of persuading his mother with his hoarse voice.

 

“I can still talk…I still have my voice; if not we’re not talking right now…”

 

“Hold on; omma…” Jaejoong put the phone farther away from his ear; just to reconfirm about the sound of the door bell he heard just now.

 

“Omma…I’ll call you later…I have a visitor…” Jaejoong hung up the phone right after.

 

The door bell rang for another time. Jaejoong had no choice but to walk slowly to the door. He’s obviously lying to his mother just now; for good. The truth is; his stomach hurt like hell and it’s even more painful when he had to walk. He’s losing his voice and his throat sore because of coughing badly.

 

*Cough! *Cough! *Cough!

 

Jaejoong was expecting his manager to bring him the medicine he asked about when suddenly he saw the most unexpected person standing out of his door.

 

“What are you doing here…?” Jaejoong’s penthouse isn’t really open to anybody.

 

Even his manager rarely came unless for works; respecting his privacy and the last man he’s hoping to meet in his worst condition at that time is staring at him.

 

Jaejoong wanted to close the door back but Yunho pushed the door even wider for him to enter.

 

“I have no time for this; Yunho-ah…what do you want…?” Jaejoong held onto his waist; trying to suppress the increasing pain.

 

“Your mom called. She asked me to bring you the medicine. She also told me some other thing like you happened to have problem with your liver and you refused to go to the hospital…” Yunho talked with a stern voice.

 

“Great…now I’m sounded so awful…”

 

“You are awful right now…if I don’t know that you’re still alive, I probably think that you are a ghost...” Yunho stated.

 

“Thanks for making me realize that…I have problem seeing myself in the mirror lately…” Jaejoong replied in sarcasm while flailing his hand.

 

“You look miserable…” Yunho commented.

 

“You see me and now I wanna go to sleep…you know the way out…” Jaejoong walked with his half bending body heading towards his bedroom.

 

“Is it because of me…?”

 

Jaejoong’s steps died.

 

“Do I have to be sick because of you…?” Jaejoong denied.

 

“I’m serious, Jaejoong-ah…”

 

“I’m not joking either…”

 

“Look…if you think that I would leave you here alone in your condition…you're wrong..."

 

"Do you ever think before you said anything...? When I asked you to stay; you left...when I want you to go away; you're here..." Jaejoong walked back into his room leaving Yunho alone outside.

 

Yunho smirked.

 

************************

min_ka > hello dear...now you know who wrote the whole scenario of "Duet"...don't blame Yoochun for being like that...he did that for the sake his hyung...^_~ thanks for reading!

soyoung > yeah,...everyone would be upset if their loved one left for so long...it's hard for jaejoong too...thanks for reading!

KimJi-Yeon > you'll slowly know about what happen to them...dearie...thanks for reading!

junnilicious > yeah poor yunnie...jaejoong's decision; yeah it kind of a heartbroken one...thanks for reading!

byul_mi > yeah yunho still love jae after what happened...there is something happened to jae too...and clearly jae still love yunho too...doesn't he..?^_~ tahnks for reading!

grutugomuk >thanks for loving it...stay tuned k...thanks for reading!

chu_david > yun didn't stay because of his promise with yoochun...but then again; jae is the biggest weakness for yun too that he couldn't leave him just like that...thanks for reading!

rainscarlet > thanks for loving it...here's another chapter...thanks for reading!

Kim_Lily > wow! thanks for liking it...thanks for reading!

 

***********************

Comments are pleased~! thanks~!