Chapter 7 ~Happy Birthday~

Even Grim Reapers Need Love (HIATUS)

NO ONES POV

_____________ was cutting fruit for the boys to eat. U-KISS was spread around the living room as if it was their own home. "Why are you guys here again?" _______________ asked.

"We thought you were getting so we came." Dongho said, eyeing at the fruit that _______________ was putting on the table.

"Here some fruit for you guys. You know you could have just texted or called me." She said, picking up a strawberry.

"If you were getting , I doubt you could answer the phone." Kiseop said, taking a piece of an apple.

"You guys don't have to worry about me, it's not like it's your job." ______________ said. U-KISS and __________, continued on their talk. Minutes turned to hours and it was getting late. It was at a point that ______________ fell asleep in the living room along with the boys. Key wasn't asleep though. He was busy talking to IU and the talk wasn't as quiet as they thought.

"What do you want me to do than?" Key said.

"Break up with her. You don't want to be with me? Fine, but don't even think of being in a relationship with a human. It's for your own good." IU said and touched Key's arm.

"I don't need advise from you. I'll do what I want." Key said.

"I'm only trying to help!!!" IU complained.

"Did I ask for it? No." Key said and went inside his not so nice house. He passed by his gloomy calendar, but then immediately went back. Right on the calendar was the only date that was brightly coloured. "__________ birthday." Key whispered to himself.

"Key you came home, come on let's go to bed it's getting late." Onew said who had just woken up. Key nodded and went to bed, thinking of how he was going to celebrate his girlfriends birthday. It was indeed _______________ birthday. She didn't remember though because she haven't celebrate it over 6 years ago.

The grim reaper stayed it's normal black and gloomy world. On the human side though it was already bright and it was already a new day. It was amazing how a person could sleep 8 hours, but I guess we all need to sleep. _____________ woke up from laying down in Kevin's lap, who's head was on Eli's shoulder. She got up and decided to take a quick shower. As she was in the shower, only some of the U-KISS members were awake. "Kibum hyung." Dongho said waking up his hyung who was still sleeping and snoring away.

"W-what....." Kibum said whacking the maknae away.

"I'm hungry." Dongho said.

"I got cereal. Do you want me to make some pancakes instead?" _____________ asked.

"We'll take the cereal." Soohyun said who was rubbing his eyes. _______________ went to the kitchen and got out the bowls and spoons. Taking all of the cereals that she had, she got it all out along with the milk and placed it on the table.

"Well help yourselves." ____________ said and went back into the kitchen to fix her self some fruit salad. "Hey we have to go to school today, you guys have your uniforms?" She asked.

"No, but we don't need it. We'll just get yelled at." Dongho said, pouring in the milk in his cereal.

"You guys should really pay attention in school. I mean it's good for your future." She said, taking a bite of an strawberry.

"Don't worry about us. You know you should eat more, your way to skinny." Kiseop said.

"Look at Kevin, he's skinnier than me." _____________ said.

"I just exercise a lot." Kevin said and took a bite of his cereal. After an hour later when everyone got ready, they headed to school. It was fairly chilly outside and U-KISS were only wearing some light clothing, that didn't really help with the cold. "Let's hurry and get to school. It's freezing." Kevin said and hugged himself. Eli put his arms around him and they both ran to school.

"Are they okay?" ___________ asked.

"Of course they are, they just get cold easily." AJ said. The rest of them walked to school even when ____________ insisted for them to go ahead first. Passing by some street stalls that were up early in the morning, _____________ couldn't help but see all the pretty pinwheels and wind chimes that were up for sell. It was windy so all the pinwheels turned in the same directions and the gentle high wind chimes chimed away.

"Do you like these sweetheart?" The man that owned the stand asked. ___________ nodded. "Here, a little gift for you. Today is a special day." He said and handed her a pinwheel.

"Thank you." She said and took it. *A special day?* ______________ thought to herself. *What could be special?* She thought again. She and the rest of U-KISS headed to the school again. ______________ watched the pinwheel turn its pink and blue flaps through the wind.

"Why do you likes those toys?" Hoon asked.

"I don't know, they're just pretty. Why you don't like them?" She asked.

"No, I just never thought you'll be into this." Hoon explained. Minutes later they arrived at the large high school. ________________ went to her locker and U-KISS followed.

"I don't think I have classes with any of you guys today." She said, looking at her schedule. "You guys better get to your classes, the bells going to ring any minute." ______________ said.

"Why do you care for us so much?" Kiseop asked.

"Well aren't we friends? I care for friends. I have to get to class now, I'll see you guys later." She said and ran off.

YOUR POV

I had science in my first period. I didn't really like this class, but I guess it's ok. "Excuse me can I sit here?" I heard. Looking up I saw the leader of Beast, the other popular boys in the school. I nodded. "I'm Doojoon, ____________ right?" He asked. I nodded again. "You can talk to me you know. Nodding is no fun." Doojoon said and sat down.

"Your popular though, why are you sitting here and not with the popular girls?" I asked. It was slightly rude, but I mean if one of the hottest and popular boys sat next to you suddenly, wouldn't you wonder? He was hot, but for some reason I thought Key was hotter. Well he is my boyfriend, but I got to admit, Doojoon got a thing going on.

"Can I not sit here? Besides can't we be friends? Those other girls are really annoying." He said and scratched his head. Friends? First U-KISS now Doojoon? Are all the Beast members going to want to be friends with me? They probably won't and I shouldn't even be thinking about it.

"We can be friends, but I thought you didn't know me." I said.

"Well, I've seen you around and besides, you seem really chill." Doojoon said and leaned in his chair.

"Doojoon oppa. I bought some chocolates for you, I hope you'll like it." A girl walked up to him and handed him a box. Doojoon took it and she ran off.

"Another one. You want it?" He asked me. I remembered the chocolate that was drugged last time and since I was slightly scared, I just shook my head. "Really? These are expensive I think, have one." Doojoon said and opened the box. Inside was assorted small bite sized chocolates. They looked delicious, but I was still cautious because now I knew they could drug chocolates.

"It's okay, I'm watching my weight." I said, declining.

"Your so skinny!!! Here eat one, it won't hurt. Unless you think they are drugged. Don't worry it's not, see." He said and ate a piece of chocolate from the box. "Not bad, had better, but not bad." Doojoon said. He refused to let me off and continued to offer me one. I took one and thanked him. While eating it, I was trying to taste out whether it was drugged or not. I don't think it was, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I looked on the lid of the box and saw an envelope, a love letter maybe? "Doojoon-shi, there's something on the lid." I said, pointing to it.

"No need to add shi, call me oppa." He said, winking at me before taking the letter off. Ripping it open, he scanned it and folded it back up. Throwing it on the table as if it was just another sheet of paper. I looked out the window and saw the same girl that gave him the chocolates, she was crying and she ran off.

"Can I read it?" I asked. He nodded. Picking up the letter and unfolding every messy fold, I read the letter. It was a really sweet and caring letter, deep if you want to put it. Doojoon though, he just threw aside. *I really like you and I was wondering if you would accept my feelings.* I read the last sentence, before it was signed off by the girl. I folded it neatly and put it back into the snow, white envelope. "That was sweet." I said.

"So, I've seen sweeter." Doojoon said and leaned back on his chair.

"She ran off crying." I said, pointing to the window.

"So, it's not like she can't move on." He said.

"That's mean." I simply said and placed the note on the box of chocolates. No matter how much you hate the person who confessed their love for you, you have be nice when rejecting them. It takes courage to confess your love to someone and when someone does it to you, well let's just say. Reject them the way you want to be rejected by your love. "You should say sorry, or at least write a note." I said.

"Why should I?" Doojoon asked.

"Because it would be a kind thing to do if you do tell that girl." I said. Doojoon looked at me and than at the letter.

"Why do you care?" He asked.

"Because I know that you wouldn't want to be rejected in a brutal way, besides it's not like your losing anything." I said. He nodded and took a piece of paper out and a pen. Just right when he was about to write, he hesitated. "Do you not know what to write?" I asked, he nodded. "Just say your sorry than." I said and smiled. As he nodded he signed the paper off and folded it.

"Here, you give it to her. I don't even remember her face." Doojoon said and handed me the fresh letter. "I did it for you, not her. I could really care less whether or not I hurt her or not. Your my friend and I only do stuff that would make my friends happy." He said and took another piece of chocolate. It was a start, but for the sake of the girl I guess I'll just have to accept it. Putting the letter neatly in my bag, the teacher came in and took attendance.

"Would you all open your textbooks and turn to page 851." The teacher said. I open my book and began to flip through the pages until I got to page 851. "Doojoon where is your textbook?" The teacher asked.

"Didn't bring it." He said. The teacher sighed and shook her head in disappointed.

"____________ would you please share you textbook with him." The teacher said and I nodded. The whole class, Doojoon didn't seem to really care about the class and I didn't bother to tell him. The odds of him actually listening and soak in all the information from the teacher is only 27%. It wasn't a very important class anyway. The teacher was only telling us what our upcoming lesson would be like. Not much teaching involved today.

"Hey look at that guy over there, I think he likes you. What a nerd." Doojoon whispered in my ear which made me flinch a bit. I looked at where he was eyeing and when I looked the nerd in our class who really looked like a nerd, was staring at me. I had nothing against him and I really didn't care whether or not he was a nerd. I smiled and he looked immediately away. "Why did you smile at him?" Doojoon asked.

"Why not, he didn't do anything bad to me." I answered.

"Oh..." Doojoon said and went back to leaning back into his chair. I looked out the window of our class while the teacher was still talking. I saw something black flash by which made me alert, but than I realized who it was. It was my boyfriend. He sat right on the ledge of our window and since I was the only one that could see him, I couldn't get up and go hug him. I would have looked crazy.

"Shhhh, don't say anything." Key said and shushed me. He sat right on my table and glared at Doojoon. "Watch out, those U-KISS guys and Beast dudes were in a bet." Key said and looked at his booklet. "Well they broke it, but I would still be careful if I was you." Key said. I wanted to ask him why he was here because usually he wouldn't be here for more than 2 minutes. Glancing at Doojoon, I quickly wrote on the table and once Key read it I erased the pencil markings.

"What are you erasing?" Doojoon whispered to me.

"Nothing." I whispered back.

"Why am I here? Well you know that girl over there, you know in the back?" Key said. I looked behind me and saw the biggest bully in school. She was large and had piercing everywhere. I wasn't the type that judged people by their appearance, but since Key told me that she was about to die, I'm pretty sure she did something bad. She wasn't looking at me, she was looking at her brass knuckles.

"What happen...." I whispered. Loud enough for Key to hear, but no loud enough for anyone else to hear.

"Well she killed a kitten with those knuckles. Plus she pushed an old lady onto the streets. Mmmmm...." Key said, while looking at his notebook. "Oh and she stole a couple of drugs. I think she also drank a lot of Everclear, so overdose on alcohol I guess." Key said. "Everclear is a really strong alcoholic drink, illegal in some countries." Key said again.

"Hey you!!!" I heard a shout. I turned around and saw the bully point at Key, but because only me and her could see him, it looked like she was pointing at me. "Can anybody see there is a hobo here?!" She shouted.

"What are you talking about?" Doojoon said.

"He's right beside you!!!!" The girl shouted. Doojoon slammed his hands on the table and kick his chair aside, which startled me. He walked right to the girl and slammed his hands on her desk. I could hear a slight crack and I saw the leg of the table wobble.

"That person is a girl, my friend actually. If you got nothing nice to say keep it to yourself. You'll never be as good as her, so you better shut your ugly mouth before I do it for you." Doojoon threatened.

"At least I know you'll be fine when I'm not around. Let me go give her a scare." Key said and went over to the girl.

"Don't come near me!!! I'll punch you so hard that you won't be breathing!!!" She shouted, leaving everyone except me confused.

"I'm already not breathing. Before midnight today, your going to see one of my friends." Key said and smiled. The girl punched him, but her hand and brass knuckles just went through Key. "Bye." Key said. He turned around winked at me and left.

"What is your problem?!" Doojoon yelled, thinking the punch was for him.

"He was right there!!! He disappeared!!!" The girl screamed. The bell rang and everyone stayed still. They all thought she was going crazy, but I knew everything. Packing up my stuff I walked over to the girl and picked up the pen she dropped on the ground. Everyone didn't say anything, I put it on her table and looked at her.

"Karma bites." I said and walked out of my classroom. Whatever happened next in the room, I wouldn't know, but all I knew is I won't be seeing her tomorrow. As I walked to my locker to put my book away, I passed by the girl who confessed to Doojoon. "Oh!!" I said and tapped her shoulder. She looked at me. "This is for you." I said and took out the letter from my bag. "He wanted me to give th-" Before I could finish I heard a loud slap and a sting on my face.

My hair went on my face and I was looking at the wall and floor. My face was burning and just when I realized what happen, the letter floated to the ground. My eyes went wide and I touched my cheek. "You !!! You took the letter away from him didn't you?! You didn't want him see my letter because you were jealous right?! You !!! Doojoon oppa will never be yours!!" She shouted at me.

I felt the whole hallway stop and stare. Did they expect me to fight back? A cat fight maybe? "The thing she did were only good things." I heard the familiar voice. It was Doojoon, he walked toward me and checked if I was ok. "I should have never listened to you." He said to me. Picking up the letter, he open it and showed the girl his signature. "She made me write a sorry note to you. She didn't steal the note that you gave me. You should be thanking her. I guess you don't deserve this note." Doojoon said and ripped up his letter and threw it in the air.

I watched the horrified expression on the girls face as I was lead to the nurses office by Doojoon. "That was mean." I said, after walking halfway to the nurses office.

"She was too. You okay?" Doojoon asked me. I nodded.

"I don't need to go to the nurses office. I just need to go the washroom." I said and left Doojoon to go the girls washroom.

"Hey you!" I heard. Why is there so much thing going on?! I turned around and since I was not in a good mood, I glared at the person. "Whoa, you look pretty darn evil with that look." I heard the grim reaper say. It wasn't hard to recognize him as a grim reaper since he was wearing the same clothes as what Key would wear. "I'm Taemin and you are _______________. I'm Key's son, or at least that's what he likes to call me. He's just a hyung to me though and sometimes an umma." Taemin said.

"Okay...." I said, not fully understanding everything.

"Well let's go home." Taemin said and began to walk.

"What?! I have school though!!!" I complained.

"I signed you out because you were dizzy from the slap you got, besides today is a special day. Come on now, we don't have time for this. Let's just say Key hyung needs you right now." Taemin said.

"Can I get my stuff first?" I asked.

"Already got it for you." Taemin said and handed me my bag. I checked if everything I needed was in it. Everything was, including my pinwheel. "Well hand that over here. I'll get it home for you, in the mean time follow me to meet Minho hyung." Taemin said. Without complaining I went with him. Maybe my mood would brighten up if I didn't attend school. Me and Taemin walked out of the school and into the field where a class was doing laps.

"I got it Taemin you can go now." I heard and when I turned around Taemin was no longer beside me and another grim reaper replaced him. "Hi, I'm Minho. Follow me please." He said and I did. As I walked to a unfamiliar place, something clicked in my mind. Each step I took got more familiar. "Let's play a game. Here is your clue, find me okay?" Minho said and a split second he was gone.

Opening up the letter, I found a map inside. I wondered into a park, than to a soccer field and than to a picnic area. For some reason I didn't need the map. I knew where everything was, it felt so familiar, but why was it so familiar? The answer was on the tip of my tongue. I finally didn't know where to go, but I was happy to have been to the places that looked so familiar. I read on the very bottom of the map. "Under the tree is where the cupcakes will be." It said. Cupcakes? Well if it's food, that it must be the picnic area where I am now. I just had to look for a tree. A big..... shady......familiar tree. I found the biggest tree in the whole area and under it was a table cloth, a basket and a plate of cupcakes.

"Congrats you found me and this." Minho said, jumping down from one of the branches in the tree. "This familiar?" He asked. I nodded. "Thank Key for it. I have to go, someone will come and get you. I'll take these things out of your way, don't worry you'll see it again. For now you should scan the tree." Minho said and picked up the things I assume he placed. He went and I had to wait for some other grim reaper. I scanned the tree like he told me. I didn't really see anything, but a normal tree. I scanned the tree for the fifth time, until I finally realized around the bottom of the tree was my name. My brothers name, my mothers name, my fathers name and my name. I finally understood why this place looked to familiar. This was the place where every year my family would have a family day out.

"You finally found it. Hi I'm Onew." I heard. Turning around I saw another grim reaper. "Key did this for you, just keep that in mind." He said. I looked at the tree and happy memories filled my mind. The days when my family was perfect, pinned itself to my brain. I forgot this memory, but that would be the last time. "Come on we have to go home." Onew said and lead me through the streets.

I saw something glisten in the sun and when I realized what it was, I was slightly stunned. "Onew-shi, is that a water lily in a bowl?" I asked. Without getting a reply I ran over to it and picked it up. It was a single water lily with leaves floating in the clear circular bowl.

"You know there are a couple hiding around, let's find them. I'll keep the ones we found in this basket." Onew said. In his hands was yet another basket. "Key remembered you loved water lilies." He said again and smiled. The whole time me and Onew were looking around to find the water lilies. If Key did this all by himself than I defiantly have the greatest boyfriend in the whole wide world.

By the end of the day we collected 10 fish bowl like bowls with water lilies inside. "Is it heavy? I can carry it." I said, offering a hand.

"No it's okay. Wait here in two minutes Jonghyun is going to come and get you. I'll be leaving, it was nice to finally meet you." Onew said and went. I was left alone on a bridge. This bridge is where I first met Key. We were both alone at the time and I guess because of that we met. He never killed me, but now I won't know when I really will die.

"Hey." I heard. Beside me was Jonghyun, he was leaning on the iron fence that prevented anyone from going into the sea. "Key prepared a lot for you. I hope you can choose you wish wisely." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You'll figure out soon, but it's almost the end of the day. Lets get you home. Keep in mind that a wish that involves a grim reaper will always come true, let's just say that it's one of the only hopes for a grim reaper. You can't can't change their fate, but you can wish for anything else for them that involves just one day. Remember that. Before I get you home, I however I have to cover your eyes." Jonghyun said and got out a blindfold, making me plunge into darkness. "We'll get to your place in 10 seconds, just count." He said. I did.

1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. 7.. 8.. 9.. "WAIT!!!" I heard, making me jump. I felt a different hand guiding me and I knew it was Key's hand.

"What's going on?" I asked, still not able to see. I walked carefully and when I was stopped, the blindfold slowly came off my eyes.

"Happy birthday ________________." I heard Key say. My apartment was fully decorated. The cupcakes were placed neatly on the tables and the water lilies were scattered everywhere. A cake that was lit with candles was on the table with the cupcakes, along with other snacks and goodies. Pinwheels and wind chimes were also scattered among the room.

Today was a special day.... It was my birthday and I forgotten about it. "Key you did this all?" I asked.

"All for you sweetie." He said. Streamers and balloons covered the room, along with the fresh scent of fresh baked cookies. "I knew you'll forgot, so I decided to make you remember your special day when you were born." Key said. I turned around and hugged him as tight as my body would let me. Tears of happiness fell from my eyes. I couldn't help it, I was just so surprised.

"Thank you so much!!!" I screamed.

"Today you get to relax. No homework, no cooking, no cleaning, no nothing. All you have to do is have fun." Key said. "We better blow out your candles or the wax will cover the frosting." He said and brought the cake over to me. "Make a wish." Key said with that smile that I always loved.

*Choose your wish wisely.* I repeated what Jonghyun told me. "Can I wish for anything?" I asked.

"Of course it is your wish." Key said. I heard that whenever Key came down to the human world he gets hurt. I didn't know if this was true or not, but I hope it was just a rumour. My wish has to be about him. He has done to much for me and besides, I want to be with him.

*Only one day....... I wish that I can spend one day with Key without him suffering.* I said in my mind before blowing out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Key asked.

"If I tell it won't come true." I said and walked over to the cupcakes.

KEYS POV

I watched ______________ make her way to the snacks on the table. At the same time, my watch began to ring. I had to kill another person, but I thought I let my members do that. I took out my pocket watch and flipped it open. Instead of getting my 12 hour clock, I got a digital time that was counting down from 24 hours. I felt my skin stop itself from shriveling up and I didn't feel any pain. "Key these are so good did you bake them?" I heard _____________ say.

Her wish..... It couldn't be..... A day with her....... Without worries....... "______________ was your wish to be with me for a day?" I asked. She looked at me with frosting on her lips and nodded.

"How did you know?" She asked.

"Because the clock is ticking." I said and dangled my watch to let her see what I meant. I walked to her and hugged her tight. "Thank you.... I never knew you wish for this." I said.

"I got a little help. Thank you Key, for everything." She said.

"Let's start a day together." I said and kissed the frosting off of her lips. She blushed and I smiled.

"This is the best birthday ever had." She said and rested her head on my chest.

"Happy Birthday." I said and looked at the seconds that were ticking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7 DONE!!!

FINALLY!!!

I am really, really sorry!!! x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I really didn't mean to not update for 2 weeks (?) I was really super busy this month because I was making a oneshot and it was almost Christmas!!!

I haven't been a good writer and I really hope this was long enough to make up for the fact that I haven't updated.

I have 2 very important announcements!!

The second is a role playing family that me and my friend created. Well she did I'm just co-author. Do join and more information here. Please click that too.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/88293

I know it's a lot to ask, but I swear it's fairly important to me at least and I promise that everything will go back to normal soon. Just wait a little longer!!! PLEASE!!!

One more final important announcement is...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed 2011 and if you didn't, don't worry, 2012 is coming!!!

*bows*

If you are interested in my oneshot go here: My Last 'Merry Christmas' http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/111803/my-last-merry-christmas-boyxboy-christmas-jonghyun-jongkey-key-oneshot (Chapter will be relased right on Christmas)

It'll be like a Christmas present to me if you clicked on the first to links, this story up there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ doesn't really matter.

RANDOM WORD OF DAY!!! SORRY!!!

Anyway...

THANK YOU!!!

<3