Chapter 20

1st Bestfriend -vs- 1st Love!

 

(Hyukkie’s POV)

Today is the day, the day Hae will officially be Im Yoona’s fiancé after he signing the contract. I almost can’t breathe. I hope last night was a nightmare because I still cannot face the truth after he told me everything that’s happen in his house. The one that I love will officially engage with his childhood friend today.

I hope I won’t wake up from this nightmare. Last night Hae ask me to sleep with him, and I agree. He hugs me like there is no more tomorrow, and he keep repeating ‘I love you’ all night long. The only thing that I can do that time is crying silently and pretending to be sleep. I’m glad that I switched off the lamp or else he will know my weak condition.

I just can’t be selfish and making all thing worse.

It’s already 7.30am, another 30 minutes. 30 minute more before Hae sign the contract. To tell the truth, my heart was crush into pieces. I’m dying to tell him the truth, that I really love him, but I can’t open my mouth, I’m being numb and I become a mute.

A sky also shows their sympathies, raining heavily watered the earth. I don’t feel to put myself in any trouble again, my heart already shattered after I saw Hae’s sad face when I get up from his bed this morning. His eyes are red and puffy. Same like me.

.

.

I sit alone at roadside, watching the traffic. I don’t care my whole attire were drenched with this heavy rain because my mind is already stringy with Hae’s problem. This headache still can’t stop my mind from thinking about Hae, ‘How is he, did he already sign the stupid contract?’ I hope Hae will be alright.

(End of Hyukkie’s POV)

.

.

.

(Hoya’s POV)

“Howon-ahh, where are you going?” Dongwoo asked me.

Well, he must curious right now because he knows that I’m already dying after my pack schedule being a dance teacher at my friends dance club. But I’m having fun with this part-time job, dance is my passion.

“I fell like to eat ice-creams right now. Do you want to follow me?” I offer him to go with me. Actually me and Dongwoo is getting closer now, I’m glad he always be at my side whenever I need someone to comforts me.

“Hell right now? You want to eat ice cream in this weather? Are you out of your mind?” He asked me and hit lightly at my arm.

“Yeah, I just fell to. So you’re in?” I look into his eyes. And he just replies me with a nodded and he pick up the umbrella. We decide to take walk to the ice creams stores because it's near to our dorm.

But what had caught my eyes is one creature who lying at the roadside. Me and Dongwoo run to that body and what have making me shocks more is the body is actually belong to someone that I love, Lee Hyukjae!!

I stiff at my spot because I’m still too shocked. I think I heard someone calling my name but I really can’t do anything. Then what has makes me awake from my numb state is when Dongwoo kick my feet and then I saw he lift Hyukjae’s body bridal styles.

“I called you for a thousand times, for God sake, Howon!! We have to bring Hyukjae to the hospital, NOW!” He screams at me. Then I look at him.

“I’m sorry Dongwoo, let me hold him. We have to get back to a dorm and take my car. You drive.” He pass me Hyukjae's body and I lift him up bridal style, just like Dongwoo did before.

Lucky, the ice creams store is near to our dorm. We run to my car and I put Hyukjae on the back seat, with his head on my tight. Dongwoo drive my car heading to the hospital.

“Howon, I hope you can cooperate with me right now. Check his breathing and his temperature. Howon, you need to tilt his head a little so he can breathe easily.” He asked me to do that to Hyukjae, while his eyes are still on the road.

I’m too shaking right now, that’s why I’m asked Dongwoo to drive. Dongwoo’s mother is a nurse so I trust him to give me instruction before our arriving to the hospital.

I’m so worried because I don’t want anything happen to my Hyukjae, I promised him before that I’ll protect him. I do what Dongwoo told me to. Check his breathing, check his temperature and tilt his head a little.

“Dongwoo-ahhh!! His body is really burning like hell!! What should I do??” I’m starting to panic.

“Howon, I need you to calm. Strips his wet cloth, you have to open your jacket and put on him, and give him your body heat. Hug him NOW!!” He said calmly at me except for the last past, he screaming at me.

All I do is nodded and follow his instruction. I hug Hyukjae tightly, hope he will get my body heat.

After 5 minute driving, we arrived at the hospital. Nurses and doctor take Hyukjae to the ER. My hand is crazy shaking right now and I close my face using both of my palms.

Dongwoo hugs me and whispers ‘He’ll be okay’ for a thousand times. I don’t know when I’ve started crying, all I know is my face already wet by my tears.

My hand is still holding Hyukjae’s phone, which I take it before I remove his cloth. I want to call Donghae and tell about this to him, but my hand is crazily trembling.

Dongwoo notice my hand and he takes Hyukjae’s phone from me. He open Hyukjae’s phone book and click at Donghae name but no one pick it up. So Dongwoo call Teukiie hyung.

“Hyung, this is Dongwoo, Hyukjae’s friend. Hyukjae in hospital right now, please come here.”

All I heard after that is screaming Teukkie hyung from Hyukjae’s phone, “HYUKKIE IN HOSPITAL? OKAY OKAY, WAIT FOR ME THERE!!!!!!! DONGWOO-AHHH, THANK YOU!!!”

After Dongwoo hang up the phone, he leads me to the seat. “Sit here, I’m going to buy some coffee for you.” Dongwoo turn around but before he move his feet, I hug him from behind.

“Dongwoo, I’m afraid. What if something bad happen to Hyukjae? I can’t bear to lose him again.” Then he turn around, facing me and he hold my hand.

“Shuuhh. Don’t worry, he will be fine. Wait here. You need to heat up, you’re shaking right now.” Then he ruffles my hair. All I see after that is his back, walking from me to buy some coffee.

.

.

.

I can see Teukkie hyung, Chullie hyung, Kangin hyung and Hangeng hyung running to us. I can see Teukkie hyung crying right now because of his red puffy eyes.

“W-what h-happen to my H-hyukkie??” He trying hard to say those to us while holding his sobbing. I’m glad Hyukjae’s friends is this caring.

“Still in ER, we found him lying at roadside.” I said in low tone, trying to hold my tears.

Then I can hear Teukkie hyung crying out loud and he almost collapse. Luckily, Kanging hyung is beside him. Chullie hyung who still silent from beginning start to tears, his face is really red right now. Hangeng hyung’s hand is his back, trying to calm his lover down.

.

.

.

15 minutes later, doctor come out from the ER and call Hyukjae’s name. We all gather around him, waiting for his talk.

“Who is Lee Hyukjae’s family?” The doctor speaks out.

Then Kangin hyung reply the doctor, “We already inform to his family and they will arrive here soon but you can talk to us. We’re his dormmate. I'm Kim Youngwoon and this is Park Jungsu, he’s the one who in charge to monitor Lee Hyukjae.” Doctor nodded at Kangin hyung.

“Well, all I can say that Mr Lee's body is really weak right now. He lack of rest. But I need your permission, Mr Park, to run some test to Mr Lee. Because we're just notice there is high probability that he might have a liver cancer. We cannot delay the time anymore so if you don't mind Mr Park, please follow me to my office.”

LIVER CANCER?!! HYUKJAE MIGHT HAVE A LIVER CANCER?!!

This is cannot be happening. I feel my legs turns into jelly, but Dongwoo hold my shoulders so that I can stand properly. I can't be weak now! Chullie hyung already in Hangeng hyung embrace, burst out tears. Teukkie hyung who trying hard to act calm, holding Kangin hyung’s hand and walk behind the doctor to take care some Hyukjae's paper work. This is cannot be happening.

"Please Hyukjae. Please be safe, for me........."

(End of Hoya's POV)

 

 

Author note: Chapter 20: DONE!!! Yeayy!! We should have a party tonight baby!! :) Well, leave your comment and enjoy!! Love ya!!^^