Chapter 18

1st Bestfriend -vs- 1st Love!

 

I receive a message from my dad, he ask me to meet him at home, 7pm today. I wonder what he want from me. I'm not that close with him, and we will never be. I caught him ing his secretary last year, so that’s why he lost my respect. But if he asks me to meet him, there’s must be something important.

So now, I walk back home. As I said before my house only takes 15 minutes from our dorm. When I’m arriving at home, I saw my childhood friend, Yoona with her family at my house.

I consider her as my sister because we really close and actually Yoona is Jess best friend but Jess is nowhere to be found at this moment. Then Yoona comes to me and she gives me a hug. I just smile to her.

My dad and my mom already sit at couch and gesture me to take a seat between them. I just follow what they ask me to. Then my mom holds my hand and she smile at me. My mom seems like to say something but she look a bit hesitate so my dad tap my shoulder to gain my attention. There must be something wrong here. I look at my dad and I saw him sigh.

“Son, we have something to tell to you.” He said to me. Honestly, they starting to scare me. I just nodded at him, sign that he can continue with his word.

“You see here, Yoona’s family asks something from us. Our lovely Yoona here want to marry you. And we agree.” Dad said to me, and he smiles to me.

, this is cannot be happening to me!

“But dad, as you can SEE, I’m only 18 and Yoona only 17, And for God sake, I DON’T EVEN LOVE HER! You cannot do this to me, I have my own life, don’t ever think that you can arrange something like this to me!” I said harshly, maybe I sound irreverent in front of Yoona’s family, but I believe we’re now live in 21st century, none of this still exist! I won’t accept any of this crap! Seriously, it’s a big NO!

Then Yoona stand in front of me, kneeling and holding my hand. She looks into my eyes and say, “Oppa, I’m sorry for doing this. I love you since I saw you for the first time. So I just want to make it right, I asked both our parents to accept my request. Besides, your parents owed money from my dad, so it is one of the solution to repay the debt. Please oppa, marry me?” She said it to me. I saw her honesty.

But this still cannot be happening. We both so young and for God sake, I’m gay!! Freaking a GAY!! I love Hyukkie even so Hyukkie is not mine. Hyukkie already has Hoya by his side, and believe me, I’m still sad with that.

I sigh as look at Yoona’s face. She really a nice girl, she never get involve with any relationship before. Now I know why, she loves me. But I still can’t accept any of this, this is too sudden.

“Yoona, I don’t know what to say. Not that I hate you but we both still young and honestly, I just consider you as my little sister. You are Jess best friend and I really can’t do this to you. Honestly Yoona, there is no future for us.” I said and sigh.

Really, life is so complicated. I hope she will understand.

“Or you can engage first, get know each other. Whenever you guys ready, we can move to the next step which is ‘marriage’ thing!” Yoona’s mom said out of sudden.

Hell no! My life never get better, it’s getting worse!

“I think the same thing Mrs. Im! So, baby Hae? How’s the idea? Please accept it, or else I’ll be sad, baby.” My mom said to me while her hand is my hair and shows his sweet smiles.

I really can’t disobey her or even my sister. They are my life, the only human that I respect in this house, and the most I love. Yoona who already return to her seat, show me her sweet smiles. Everyone is now waiting for my answer.

I can’t do this, I don’t have strength to face this things. It’s too complicated. Besides, I already told them that these marriage thingy will have no future at all.

“Oppa, we can try it out first and if we’re still cannot fit with each other, than we can stop. Ermm, NO! I’m the one who will stop it.” Yoona suggest to me.

Hurmmm. To think about that, maybe, just maybe this marriage thingy can block my mind from thinking about Hyukkie and I really need the distraction.

But instead of getting engage with Yoona, I better going out with Gain. Hell yes, Gain is way better than Yoona. Not that Yoona is ugly or what, she is madly beautiful for a girl but I just consider her as a little sister. Gain, is a friend, a good friend indeed. Honestly, this connection between me and Yoona is too strong. First, I treat her as my own sister. But now, how can I change my feelings then? It’s crazy, man!

But I really can’t let my mom down, she really love Yoona from the start. She treats Yoona just like she cares about me and Jess. What should I do?! I’m so confuse!

I just notice that everyone has been calling my name for a thousand times. Hell yes, I was in my own world just now.

Then my dad whispering to me, “If you’re not going to follow this plan, I need to sell my company and your mom and your sister will be a beggar!” Oh you FREAKING.EVIL.CRAZY dad! Then he looks at me and he smile.

Oh please, that’s make me sick, I’ve never told my mom about my dad’s nasty behaviors just because I really love my mom and I cannot bear to see her sad face. Definitely not because of him, my freaking own DAD!!

“That’s cute, really cute! Now you show me your true color! You're pathetic, and you’re so not my dad! You are freaking , D.A.D!” I whispers back to him to make sure my mom didn’t hear any of our conversation. Then I show him my sweet smile. I saw him I clenched his fists tightly. LIKE I CARE?!

But he got the point here, I can’t let him sell his company, or else my mom and my sister will lose everything. Hurm, what should I do? I need to make the decision now!

“Okay, I’ll engage with Yoona, BUT with one condition. This engagement will only be last until 3 month and like what Yoona said here before, if we still cannot fit with each other, then we will end this engagement. For you, Mr Im, I believe after this engagement, my dad’s debt will be zero. Can I have your word, Sir?" I said in serious tone and hoping that they will give me a good responds.

“Ok young man. Or should I call you now, my future son in law?” Mr Im said to me while smiling.

“No, not that fast, Mr Im. You will only call me with that title after we sign the contract. That contact should be including everything that I’ve said before. Agree?” I replied to him.

I just want to make everything clear now. To settle up everything.

“I agree. I’ve never thought you can be this ‘thoughtful’ on your age, Lee Donghae. I’m proud of you, and you too, Yoona. You just pick the right one! So I’ll call my lawyer and ask him to prepare the contract. Donghae, you can come to my office by tomorrow.” Mr Im said and smiles to all us.

I can see Yoona hugging her mom and my mom just pull me into her bear hug. My dad just my back. Well, I’ll let him go just for today. At least my mom is happy. That’s the most important for me at this moment but the thing is, WHAT HAVE I DONE? I just put myself in this freaking engagement!

I think my life will never get better!

(End of Hae's POV)

 

Author note: Chapter 18, DONE!! *fireworks* I really mess up! I don't know how to explain Hyukkie's condition for now! I'm sorry but next chapter will be in Hyukkie's POV (Pray for it, baby!) Kekeke^^ Well, I LOVE you guys, thanks for the good respond! I hope I can do better for up coming chapter!! Cheers for me, guys!! By the way, I keep playing "EunHae - I wanna love you" while writing this chapter, so hope you guys will love it!! And I want to apologize because of my bad English! By the way, please leave your comment, subs and enjoy! Love ya^^