When your legs don't work

Kaisoo Valentine's Project

Length: 13k

Genre: angst/romance

Rating: PG-13

Summary: A wheelchair bound Kyungsoo and Jongin - and dance instructor - meet at a wedding. The two quickly fall for their opposites.



 

Frankly, Jongin’s uncomfortable. His suit is too small, left over from some high school function – probably prom, he thinks, half annoyed he can’t remember – and he’s had this shirt for a solid six months now and hasn’t ever noticed how damn itchy it was. He tugs at his sleeves, grumbling to himself. Curse Luhan and his wedding.

    It’s not even a wedding, really, Jongin thinks as he continues to grumble to himself. Minseok and Luhan have been together for years. Everyone knows that they’re pretty much married, even if they can’t officially make it happen.

    “Jongin!” Luhan’s voice rings out loud and clear above the quiet din of the party guests, and Jongin waves, wincing when he practically feels the stitches of his sleeve pop. “Wow. Where’d you get that suit, from a time machine?”

    “It’s grey. It’s plain. It isn’t too horribly out of fashion. You can’t insult me.” Jongin says, rolling his eyes a little.

    “You’re Jongin. You technically work for me. I’m allowed to make fun of you.” Luhan grins. Jongin sighs softly and runs his hand through his hair.

    “Whatever. How’s Minseok?”

    “Fantastic.” He smiled. “He’s right over there.” Luhan points. “Talking to some of his friends from work. Do you want to dance?” He asks.

    “Eh.” Jongin shrugs. “I’m not really feeling that up to it tonight.” Luhan frowns.

    “You aren’t still stuck up on Zitao, are you?” Jongin frowns.

    “Hey. I’ve never been stuck up on Zitao.” Luhan crosses his arms.

    “Yes, you were. A lot, actually.” He pauses, expression softening a bit. “You know what? Minseok invited a few of his friends that I’ve never met. I heard that a couple of them are kind of hot. And you know Minseok doesn’t deal with anyone who isn’t insanely nice. Why don’t we get  one of them to dance with you?” Jongin frowns a little deeper, crossing his arms to mirror Luhan’s, taking a defensive stance.

    “Luhan.” He starts.

    “Come on, please? It’s half pathetic to see you in the corner like this. It’s so nice here. Someone would love to dance with you. You’re hot.”

    “Luhan.” Jongin repeats, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I’m not stuck up on Zitao, but I don’t really feel like dancing, okay?”

    “You work at a dance studio. My dance studio. How can you not feel like dancing?”

    “I just don’t feel like it.” Jongin mumbles. Luhan huffs and throws his hands in the air.

    “We only had it at this ballroom because we figured there would be dancing. Why won’t you be part of it?”

    “You two got this ballroom because it’s gorgeous, in the mountains, and you like these crazy beautiful things.” Luhan chuckles softly.

    “Yeah, yeah, you’re right. We love it here.” He said. “The view is amazing, right?”

    “The leaves are pretty.” Jongin agrees, looking out the large windows that overlooked the mountain.

    “Yeah. I’m glad we’re getting married in October. It’s beautiful outside.”

“Mm.” Jongin gives a noncommittal noise he hopes Luhan will take as approval. Luhan his head slightly.

    “Hey. See that guy sitting by the window? I think he’s Minseok’s friend. Let me think…” Luhan purses his lips. “Oh, Kyungsoo. His name was Kyungsoo.” Jongin glances at the figure, who’s half silhouetted in the sunset.

    “You’re only pointing him out because he’s by himself and not currently dancing.”

    “No, Minseok said he was super nice. He works at like a café or something.”

    “A café? That doesn’t seem very…. I don’t know. I feel like that’s a teenager’s job.”

    “Says the guy who works at a dance studio.”

    “Hey. You own the dance studio.”

    “Exactly. I own it. So therefore I have a real job.” Luhan grins like he’s won something.     

    “Ug.”

    “Don’t ug at me, Kim Jongin.” He mumbles. “Go talk to him.” He shoves Jongin’s chest a little. “Please go ahead and talk to him. Ask him to dance, okay?” Jongin rolls his eyes.

    “Fine. I will ask this one guy to dance with me, which he will say no to. And then you don’t ask me to ask anyone else, okay?”

    “Fine.” Luhan grins. “That sounds perfect. Because he’ll say yes. You’re so attractive. If I wasn’t completely devoted to Minseok I would totally bang you.” Jongin grimaces.

    “I can honestly say that I never wanted to hear that, nor do I want to hear it again.”

    “Then go talk to Kyungsoo. Because I’m about to say it again.”

    “I’m going!” Jongin mumbles, squirming away from Luhan and heading towards the windows. He frowns slightly when he notices the blanket across Kyungsoo’s lap, but approaches anyways. “Cold?” He asks. Kyungsoo twitches a little before looking up.

    “Excuse me?” Kyungsoo’s voice is soft. It fits him well, Jongin thinks. A soft voice to go with his soft features.

    “The blanket.” Jongin points to Kyungsoo’s lap.

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo’s expression is hard to read. “Um. Yeah. A little chilly, I guess.” Jongin smiles a little.

    “Um. I’m Jongin. Luhan’s friend. And employee.”

    “Kyungsoo.” He nods. “Minseok’s friend. Since middle school.”

    “Nice.” Jongin pauses awkwardly. “Um, well… have you met Luhan?” Kyungsoo shakes his head.

    “No. I’ve heard a lot about him from Minseok, though.”

    “So… you know that he’s pretty much insane right?” That pulls a tiny laugh from Kyungsoo.

    “So I’ve heard.” Jongin smiles.

    “So, uh. He’s basically forced me to come over here and ask you to dance.”

    “To what?” Kyungsoo frowns.

    “Dance. I know it’s stupid. But I work at his studio and he wants me to dance with someone and I refused to ask anyone. So he told me to ask you.”

    “I don’t dance.” Kyungsoo bites his lip.

    “You don’t dance.” Jongin’s smile slips.

    “Sorry.” Kyungsoo offers a weak smile. “I would love to, really. I just don’t dance.” Jongin frowns a little more.

    “Is it just that you think you aren’t… good at it? Because I’m a dance teacher, you know. I can teach you. It’s not actually that hard. I just… kind of lead you around.” Kyungsoo shakes his head.

    “Minseok is just too nice to talk about me.” Kyungsoo says sadly.

    “I’m… what?” Jongin blinks, suddenly more than a little bit confused. Kyungsoo bites his lip and then pulls away his blanket. Jongin balks for a second when Kyungsoo’s lower half is revealed, legs tucked carefully into the foot rests on a wheelchair. “Oh.” He pauses.

    “Yeah.”

    “You…. You don’t have a cast?” Jongin pauses half a second and then realizes he’s intruding.  “I mean, if that’s not really rude or something.”

    “It’s not that rude.” Kyungsoo says. “Uh. I don’t have movement in my legs. I’m paralyzed from the waist down.” Jongin sinks into a seat across from Kyungsoo.

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo offers another weak smile and nods.

    “So. I’m afraid I can’t dance with you. Trust me, I would really, really love to. I’m sorry. Luhan will have to make you ask another one of Minseok’s friends, I suppose.”

    “Can… Can I keep you company, though? I mean, just talk?” Jongin asks, adjusting the collar of his shirt and trying not to itch at it. Kyungsoo his head, strange expression crossing his face for a moment.

    “Um. Sure. That would be okay.” Jongin smiles and nods his head a little, hands moving nervously to tug at his sleeves instead. Kyungsoo’s eyes follow the movement, and he smiles a little. “Are you okay? You’re… fidgeting a lot.” His tone is light, and Jongin half thinks that he’s getting teased.

    “It’s this damn suit.” He says. “I don’t think I’ve worn it since high school. And the shirt itches like mad. But I think I might just be allergic to weddings. Specifically, Luhan’s.” Kyungsoo chuckles softly, a light, clear sound.

    “For a dance teacher, you don’t seem very….. socially… competent.” Jongin stares at his knees a moment, fighting the smile that plays across his lips. It’s an easier smile than he’s had in a while.

    “I guess I’m not. I don’t get it.” He looks up. “I used to be great at parties. But then I turned twenty two and it’s all been downhill from there.”

    “Twenty two?” Kyungsoo raises a brow. “Just how much of a partier were you?”

    “It was college.” Jongin shrugs. “I guess no more than the average student.”

    “And you studied dance?” This time, Jongin’s smile is sheepish. He diverts his gaze to look at the sunlight filtering though the leaves.

    “Actually, I didn’t. I studied history. Which would explain why I’m stuck as a dance teacher now.”

    “Ah. So you don’t like it?”

    “Actually, I love it.” Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, running a hand through his hair. “It’s kind of strange, I guess. I ended up where I really wanted to.”

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo’s response comes a little slower, and his slim fingers run over the stitching in the quilt that’s popped out of place. “That’s…. good for you, then.” Jongin frowns, worried he’s said something wrong.

    “Right…” He trails off. “I’m sorry. Am I…. keeping you from something? Upsetting you?” Kyungsoo shakes his head, dark hair falling over one of his eyes.

    “Oh, no. Sorry.” He looks back down at the quilt, face set in a half grimace. “Sorry.” He repeats. “I think I’m just… half jealous of you.”

    “Jealous?”

    “I didn’t exactly get where I always dreamed of in life.” He mumbles quietly. Jongin’s gaze flickers to Kyungsoo’s lap and back up.

    “You… weren’t always in the chair, I guess?” Kyungsoo looks up and smiles.

    “No. Not at all. It’s been…” He pauses, taking his time to think. Jongin thinks he probably can count the days. “Almost five years now.” Jongin is silent for a moment as he takes in the information.

    “Five years?”

    “Since I was… hm…twenty.” Kyungsoo nods.

    “You’re twenty five? You don’t look your age at all.” Kyungsoo chuckles softly.

    “Well, thanks. I think the whole being short in a wheelchair constantly helps.” Jongin feels his face turn red.

    “I didn’t mean it like that…”

    “No, I get it.” Kyungsoo pokes his own cheek. “I’ve got a round face and all. And you… must be like twenty six or seven?”

    “Twenty four, actually.” Jongin’s smile grows a little as Kyungsoo balks. “Don’t look so surprised.”

    “No, I just… didn’t expect you to be younger than me.”

    “Do I really look that old?”

    “No. I think it’s just the fact that everyone is taller than me makes me feel like I’m ten or something.”

    “Ah.” Jongin’s smile turns into a frown for a few seconds. “Do you always use the wheelchair as a joke?”

    “Yeah. I don’t see why I shouldn’t.” Kyungsoo shrugs, his body portraying nonchalance, but Jongin can tell that he’s more tense than he’s letting on. “I mean, it’s not like I’m someone who can get back at someone for making fun of a guy in a wheelchair. I’m just making fun of myself, really.”

    “Hm.” Jongin sits back in the chair a little and watches Kyungsoo fidget with the blanket over his lap.  “That’s…. interesting.”

    “How so?”

    “I don’t know. I feel like… I don’t know, maybe it’s not good for you to make fun of yourself or something. I would never want to make fun of myself if I was in a wheelchair.”  He pauses. “In fact, I would probably mope around more often than not.”

    “I did do a fair bit of moping back in the day.” Kyungsoo says, like he’s been in the chair forever. Jongin can tell that he thinks he has. “Back when I first got it. I didn’t want to go out or anything. Not even to class. Minseok was my roommate at the time. I think he decided one day he’d had enough of the sad me because he suddenly got like…. Really aggressive at trying to get me to go out.”

    “Oh.” Jongin nods. “So, um… this might come off as rude, I’m sorry, how did you end up in the wheelchair?

    “Oh.” The mild smile on Kyungsoo’s face vanishes, expression becoming cloudy.

    “I mean – “ Jongin backpedals, half annoyed at himself for upsetting Kyungsoo, who he had only just met.  “You don’t have to tell me anything. In fact, you should probably tell me off for being rude. I don’t know what I was thinking.” Kyungsoo nods instead of giving an answer, and Jongin can’t help but feel disappointed. “Let’s just talk about something else now.” He says, a little too quickly. “Um.” He takes a deep breath. “So. This is a nice ballroom, right? Luhan loves it.”

    “Minseok does, too.” Kyungsoo says after a short moment of silence. “He doesn’t really show it, but he does. And he loves Luhan, too. So anything that would make him happy he would sell his soul for.” Jongin can’t help but laugh, catching Luhan approaching out of the corner of his eye. Minseok is attached to his arm.

    “Hey, Soo.” Minseok greets, sitting on the couch next to Kyungsoo’s chair, Luhan sitting lightly beside him and tucking his head onto Minseok’s shoulder. “How’s the party?” Luhan frowns slightly and leans up to whisper in Minseok’s ear.

    “It’s alright. I mean, it’s great.” Kyungsoo says. Jongin watches as Minseok turns a shade of white and turns to whisper back to Luhan, who in turn flushes scarlet. “This is Luhan?” Kyungsoo asks. Luhan half squeaks when the attention turns to him, and Jongin thinks it’s the first time he’s seen him speechless.

    “Yeah, that’s Luhan.” Jongin says. Kyungsoo gives him a gentle smile.

    “You don’t need to be embarrassed.” Kyungsoo says.

    “E-Embarrassed?” Luhan’s voice comes out high pitched.

    “You didn’t know I was in a wheelchair when you told Jongin to come and try to convince me to dance with him. It’s really okay.” Luhan turns to Minseok and jabs at his ribs.

    “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me your best friend was in a wheelchair. I feel like an idiot.” He grumbles, still partially pink.

    “Ow.” Minseok grumbles, rubbing his side. “I didn’t think it mattered. I mean… He’s still Kyungsoo. It doesn’t matter that he can’t walk around.” Luhan jabs him again. “Ow! Okay, fine. But I should have said something to you before you sent Jongin over to try to woo him.”

    “I wasn’t trying to woo him.” Jongin protests. Luhan waves his hand.

    “Jongin wouldn’t be able to woo a slug right now. He’s still – “

    “Luhan.” Jongin cuts his friend off. “Don’t.” Luhan shrugs.

    “Ah.” Kyungsoo clears his throat a little. “Well, Minseok… It’s been a really lovely party. And it was good to finally meet you, Luhan. I’ve heard a lot about you. And it was good to meet you, too.” He nods to Jongin. “But I’m kind of tired, and the driver can only drink so much at the bar before I don’t have a ride home anymore.” Kyungsoo jokes. “So I’ll be heading out.” Minseok nods, standing to give Kyungsoo a slightly awkward hug.

    “Right. Of course, Soo. I’m just really glad you could make it.” Surprise crosses over Kyungsoo’s face when Luhan suddenly joins in the hug, kissing his cheek.

    “It was really good to meet Minnie’s friend. We’ll all go out together sometime. After the honeymoon. How does that sound?” Kyungsoo nods, gingerly patting the top of Luhan’s head. He makes a face at Jongin over Luhan’s shoulder, making him chuckle.

    “Sure. That would be nice.” He says. His hands move from his blanket to the wheels of his chair, and he moves expertly through the few of them to head for the bar. “See you around sometime, Jongin.” Jongin nods, face becoming half sullen as Kyungsoo goes.

    “And why are you pouting?” Luhan frowns.

    “I’m not pouting.” He pauses. “And stop bringing up that I’m not happy. If you broke up with Minseok suddenly, you would be unhappy, too.”

    “Luhan’s going to suddenly break up with me?” Minseok frowns.

    “No, babe, I love you.” Luhan leans over to kiss Minseok’s nose. “Zitao broke up with Jongin. Apparently out of nowhere. He’s been sulking for nearly a month.”

    “You would, too.” Jongin repeats.

    “I would not. Because one – “ Luhan holds up a finger “Minseok would never break up with me. Two – “ Another finger “Zitao and you were not getting married. You’d been dating for what… six months? That’s hardly anything. You can easily find someone else.”

    “I loved him.” Jongin mumbles miserably.

    “Ugh.” Luhan rubs his temples. “It’s been a month.”

    “You wouldn’t get over Minseok in a month.”

    “No, but I would at least try to stop moping after a month.” Luhan mutters.

    “Wow, thanks, love.”

    “Only if you were the one who broke up with me. Because then I’d know you were just stupid.” Luhan kisses Minseok’s cheek. “Tell him to go and try to hook up with your friends. He won’t look at any of mine.” Luhan mutters before storming away.

    “Jongin.” Minseok starts.

    “I’m just not interested.” Jongin mumbles softly. “I’m sorry. Especially for getting Luhan annoyed.”

    “He’s just worried about you.” Minseok says. “I mean… I remember his stories from college. When you were a freshman you were in love with Luhan’s roommate and you bounced back in like a week.”

    “I was a kid.”

    “You’re twenty four.” Minseok pats Jongin’s shoulder. “You’re still young. I didn’t even meet Luhan until we were twenty three.” He sighs softly. “I know you don’t want to date anyone right now. But at least go find someone to talk to. It will be good for you. And that would make Luhan happier. There’s got to be at least one person here that you’re okay with talking to.” Jongin looks over to the bar, where Kyungsoo, looking more than a little uncomfortable, is still trying to get his driver to leave. Minseok follows his gaze and then smiles a little. “I guess you owe Luhan a thank you. Even if he made you embarrass yourself. Go and talk to Soo. His driver is a drunk, anyways. He’s not going to be able to drive.” Jongin bites his lip, hesitating another moment before he heads to the bar.

    “Come on.” Kyungsoo is pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. “I only pay you so you can drive me around. Not get drunk and get me stranded places.”

    “Kyungsoo?” Jongin calls, causing the man in the wheelchair to look over at him, surprised.

    “Oh, Jongin. Hi. I wasn’t ditching you, I promise. The driver is too drunk to take me home, though.”

    “Ah.” Jongin frowns a little. “Yeah, Minseok told me.”  

    “Minseok is right.” Kyungsoo sighs, wheeling over to Jongin. “Well, I guess I’m stuck here for the night.” He pauses, rubbing the back of his neck. “I should probably go try to book a room. You want to come with me?” He asks.

    “Sure.” Jongin nods, humming a little to himself as they head to the front of the hotel, away from the ballroom. “So.” He pauses. “Um… do you end up having to stay over in random places often?”

    “Not really.” Kyungsoo shrugs. “More often than not, I get him to get me back in the car before he gets too drunk. I wasn’t quick enough today.”

    “So you have to… leave early all the time? That must . Not getting to hang around.”

    “Not really.” Kyungsoo smiles. “I get tired kind of fast, since I have to push myself around everywhere.”

    “Mm. I understand. One time I was on crutches. Everything made me tired.” Kyungsoo smiles as they approach the desk.

    “Yeah. That’s me all the time. Hi.” He turns his attention to the woman. “Is there any way to get a room for tonight?” The woman frowns a little.

    “Sorry, sir. All the rooms are booked.” She answers to Jongin, not to Kyungsoo. “I’m afraid we can’t accommodate you.”

    “Ah.” Kyungsoo sighs softly. “I… I guess I’ll just have to stay at the party, then. I’m sure it will go until tomorrow, anyways…” Jongin frowns when the woman gives him, not Kyungsoo, an apologetic smile and a wave goodbye.

    “She didn’t even look at you.”

    “Hmm?”

    “That girl didn’t even look at you. It wasn’t like I’m the one who wanted the room.”

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo shrugs. “I’m used to it. Don’t worry. It’s this thing people do. They don’t want to talk to someone in a wheelchair. I’m handicapped. It makes me somehow less than a person. I’m… an object. That will make them feel bad if they look at me too long. It’s alright.”

    “That’s certainly not right.” Jongin’s frown deepens.

    “Okay. It’s not really great.” Kyungsoo admits. “But I’m used to it.” He stifles a yawn. “I’m so tired.” He mumbles. “I’d really hate to ask Minseok for a ride home at his own party…”

    “Well, I could take you.” Kyungsoo raises a brow. “I mean…” Jongin pauses. “It’s not like I have a lot to do here except get made fun of by Luhan. Or have him try to set me up. So I’d be okay heading out.”     

    “I mean… are you sure?” Kyungsoo asks, obviously uneasy. “I don’t want to inconvenience you. That’s why I have a driver. So no one has to take me home.”

    “Your driver is drunk.” Jongin smiles a little. “Come on. I don’t mind.” Kyungsoo gives Jongin a smile after a moment.

    “Okay. Let’s just tell the happy couple we’re both heading out, okay?” Jongin nods, taking a minute to find Luhan and Minseok. Luhan’s face is smeared with cake, Minseok smiling a little while Luhan pouts.

    “Hey.” Jongin calls for the couple’s attention. “Kyungsoo’s driver got drunk. So I’m going to take him home. I’m going to just head out, too. There really isn’t a lot for me to do without being the party’s personal dark cloud.” Luhan’s pout turns to a grin.

    “No problem.” He glances at Kyungsoo. “You wouldn’t even need a seatbelt with him. He’s like… the world’s most cautious driver. It’s annoying.” Jongin sticks out his tongue.

    “Shut up. My driving is fine.”

    “Safe driving is good.” Kyungsoo says, voice a little dull. “I’d actually prefer slow.” Jongin glances at the wheelchair bound man and smiles softly.

    “Thank you.” Jongin says. “Um, the car is this way.” He waves to the couple and leads Kyungsoo outside, holding open the door for him.

    “You know there are buttons for people that make the doors stay open automatically, right?”

    “I know. I was being nice.” Jongin pouts a little, making Kyungsoo laugh.

    “I was teasing. Which one is your car?”

    “This one.” Jongin says, unlocking the doors and then glancing at Kyungsoo. “Oh. Uh. How exactly do you… get into a car?”

    “With help.” Kyungsoo says, shaking his head with a smile. “I’ll walk you through it. Pull the car forwards, first. It takes some room.” A few minutes later, Jongin is performing a balancing act, one foot holding the car door open because it won’t stop closing on him, Kyungsoo held up awkwardly in his arms. “Right, now you just have to – ow – get me into the seat.” Kyungsoo says, trying to be gentle with his instructions. It’s the third time trying to get him loaded into the car. “Just kind of stick my legs in and then bend my top hal – ow!” He yelps when Jongin hits his head on the side of the car.

    “Sorry!” Jongin says, scooting to hold open the car door with his other foot, doing a strange hop to try to rotate without letting go of Kyungsoo. “Alright, I’m just going to…” He dumps Kyungsoo all in one motion, the shorter ending up sprawled out half over the seat and half on the parking lot.

    “You’re really not very good at this…”

    “I’m trying! I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo laughs.

    “Don’t worry about it.” He smiles. “It’s your first time. Hold on…” He uses his arms to lift himself more directly into the seat. “Alright, help me get my legs situated.” He says. Jongin stares at Kyungsoo’s legs a moment. “Come on.” Kyungsoo prompts. “I promise they aren’t going to feel weird. They’re just legs.” Jongin flushes slightly and nods.

    “Right, right, sorry.” He says, fingers only hesitating another second before lifting Kyungsoo’s legs one at a time into the car. “Done.”

    “Great.” Kyungsoo smiles. “Now you just fold up my chair and stick it in the back.”

    “Wheelchairs fold?” Jongin mumbles, immediately trying to push the wheelchair down.

    “Hey. Not like that. You’ll break it.” Kyungsoo scolds. “There’s a little lever on it. To your right… Yeah that one. Pull it up and then smush it together…. Good.” Jongin’s actually a little surprised when the chair yields and folds easily. He stuffs it in his backseat and then goes to take the wheel.

    “Alright, where to?” He asks, putting Kyungsoo’s address in his GPS and starting to drive. He’s quiet for a few minutes. “So.” He clears his throat. “Awkward silence.”

    “It was just quiet. It wasn’t awkward.” Kyungsoo protests. Jongin flushes and he scratches at his collar.

    “Right. Sorry.” Kyungsoo glances at Jongin out of the corner of his eye.

    “Um. Are you okay?” He asks softly. “You’re… fidgeting again.”

    “I’m fine.” Jongin assures. Kyungsoo nods, falling into silence again. Jongin hesitates a moment before heaving a breath.

    “So. Luhan said you work in a café?”

    “Yeah.” Kyungsoo nods. “It’s not the most lucrative work, I suppose. But it’s easy enough for me to do while I’m in the chair.”

    “You could do something like office work. Those people sit all day while they work.”

    “I could if I would get hired by someone. But no one will.” Kyungsoo shrugs.

    “Why not? I mean… They aren’t allowed to discriminate against the handicapped.” Kyungsoo sighs.

    “Technically, no. But that doesn’t mean much when it actually comes down to it. It’s like the girl at the front desk of the hotel. They just don’t want to hire anyone that they can’t look at without feeling pity for.”

    “You know that’s technically illegal?”

    “You know I’m in a wheelchair?” Kyungsoo says, voice even and smooth, like it’s the most obvious fact in the world. “If I could walk, I would have a better job than I currently do. It’s a fact. It’s not a big deal.”

    “Except that they’re discriminating against you.”

    “Jongin.” Kyungsoo’s voice is a little sharper now. “The world discriminates against me. Whether they mean to or not. I’ve been in this chair for nearly five years. And do you know what’s been the topic of conversation with every single person I’ve met in the last five years? The fact that I’m in the wheelchair and it makes every conversation quite repetitive.”

    “But – “

    “But nothing. Do I want to keep working in a café until I’m fifty? No. But that’s what’s going to happen, because I can’t get a job anywhere else. And that’s fine. It’s easier to accept it than to argue with it. Arguing gets you nowhere.” Jongin falls into a half sullen silence for several moments as he drives.

    “I didn’t only talk about your wheelchair.” He finally says at a red light. Kyungsoo glances over at him, brow raised.

    “No. No, you didn’t. But to be fair, you were kind of an idiot. Thinking I’m cold when I’m sitting by myself.”

    “It wasn’t idiotic.”

    “It was a poorly thought out approach to me.” Kyungsoo says, but his voice is still light. When Jongin glances at him, he’s grinning. “Which is kind of nice. People think through talking to me too much.”

    “Well.” Jongin can’t help but smile back, even though he’s getting made fun of. “According to my last boyfriend, I don’t think through anything. I guess that will be a nice change for you when we talk to each other.”

    “You expect us to keep talking to each other past you dropping me off?” Jongin nods, trying to tease back, something out of his comfort zone.

    “I thought it might happen.” Jongin says, offering a smile. “Considering that I was chest to chest with you earlier.”

    “Mm. You were kind of the only thing preventing me from being a crumpled mess on the ground.”

    “Exactly.” Jongin nods. “I think that deserves at least one more conversation with you. Maybe I’ll stop by the café you work at or something after work.”

    “Are you… Are you trying to have a date with me, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks, a wry smile playing on his face. Jongin turns pink.

    “No. I’m not.”

    “Ah.” Kyungsoo’s smile grows into a full smirk. “Because I would have accepted the date. A plain old conversation where I still have to wait on you in the café doesn’t sound nearly as fun.”

    “Are you telling me to ask you on a date?” Jongin blinks a couple times, pulling into the parking lot of Kyungsoo’s apartment complex.

    “I’m thinking I’m going to say yes to that. You should ask me out. Maybe not… woo me? That’s what Luhan said, right?” He reaches over to fix Jongin’s collar, which has popped during the ride. “No wooing. But a plain old date might be really nice.” He frowns a little when he sees the seam of Jongin’s sleeve has split open, and then chuckles. “But maybe you could wear something more flattering than a ten year old suit.”

    “It’s only six years old.” Jongin protests, but there’s a smile creeping over his face. “Alright. Maybe I’ll stop by the café tomorrow if you give me the address.” Kyungsoo gives Jongin the address, who writes it carefully on a discarded napkin that was stuffed in the center console. The car is silent for a moment.

    “Jongin?” Kyungsoo finally says.

    “Hm?”

    “I can’t… get out of your car, you know? You have to help me?” Jongin feels his cheeks heat up as Kyungsoo’s laugh echoes through the vehicle.

    A few minutes and a couple of bumped heads later, Jongin waves a goodbye to Kyungsoo and heads home. The first thing he does is shed his uncomfortable jacket and shirt on the ground, flopping down on his bed. His cell phone buzzes as he stares at the ceiling. It’s Luhan.

    “Hey. I didn’t hear anything from you guys. I just wanted to make sure you guys got home safely.” Luhan’s voice comes over the line.

    “Actually…. Yeah.” Jongin says, working on kicking off his pants. “I got a date.” Luhan is silent for a moment, and Jongin can practically see him grinning through the phone.

    “With Kyungsoo? That’s great!” His voice gets distant a moment. “Minseok, come here!” There’s a beep. “You’re on speaker.” He informs Jongin. “And you got a date with Kyungsoo. Did you ask him out?”

    “You’re going out with Soo? That’s so great.” Minseok’s voice comes on. “He’s totally nice. You’ll like him. I can’t believe he said yes to a date, though.”

    “Actually, he kind of asked me out.” Jongin says, pulling his sheet up around him. “I thought he was joking for a minute. But I actually got a date.”

    “This is fantastic.” Luhan coos. “You have an actual date and you’re going to get over Zitao and I’m excited for this.”

    “I’m not stuck on Zitao.” Jongin says for the nth time, mood souring slightly.

    “You still have a picture of him on your bedside table.”

    “Luhan, it’s a picture of all of the dance instructors. You can’t blame me for having it.”

    “Whatever, Jongin.” Luhan sighs. “I’m happy for you. Don’t decide last minute you don’t want to go and give some random excuse like you always do.”

    “I don’t do that.”

    “Uh, you do. Like the time you were supposed to meet Minseok and you decided last second that you came down with the stomach flu. Which was a lie.” Jongin is silent a moment, stomach twisting in knots.

    “Sorry.” He finally mumbles.

    “Don’t worry. It’s just a result of your social ineptness.” Luhan says, voice far too chipper. “You didn’t used to be that way. You graduated and stopped being around people and you just… got inept.”

    “I’m not inept.”

    “Please. The guy in the wheelchair had to ask you out.”

    “Wow. Rude.” Jongin mumbles.

    “Alright, loser.” Luhan hums. “I got to go. Honeymoon. Have fun on your date. Text me all the details. Bye.” Luhan hangs up before Jongin can even say goodbye, and he sighs softly, staring at the ceiling as he gets tired, falling asleep with a smile on his face.

 

==~==

    Jongin checks his appearance twice in his rearview mirror before getting out of his car at the café. He’s still in his sweats from work, but he figures that it’s okay. It’s much better than the suit, even if he doesn’t look his best. At least he only had the kid’s classes today, so he isn’t covered with sweat. When he enters, he scans faces until his eyes land on Kyungsoo, who’s wearing a simple button up in the same color as the café’s sign, a white apron tied around his waist and a suspiciously bear-shaped clip in his hair to help keep his bangs back. Jongin can’t help but smile when Kyungsoo sees him and wheels over.

    “Hi.” Jongin greets. “I, uh. Like your bear?”

    “Bear?” Kyungsoo’s fingers go to his hair. “Oh. Yeah. The bear.” He shrugs. “Uniform.”

    “Uniform? None of the other employees have a bear in their hair.” Kyungsoo purses his lips.

    “Fine. It’s not the uniform. But it keeps my hair out of the way. Deal with it. Anyways. I have to go change. I’ll be back in like two minutes.”

    “Right. I’ll wait out here.” Jongin says, looking around the small café and examining the art on the walls until Kyungsoo bumps into him with his feet.

    “Hey. I’m all set.”

    “You know what? I think I actually liked the bear.”

    “Shut up.” Kyungsoo grumbles. “I’m the one who did all the teasing yesterday.”

    “No, you did all the making fun of.” Jongin steps behind Kyungsoo to wheel him around. Kyungsoo jolts a second when he’s pushed, not used to the assistance. “This is saying that you looked cute with the bear.” Kyungsoo is silent for a bit.

    “Did you just say I was cute?” A smile plays on his face.

    “Um.” Jongin turns pink, glad that Kyungsoo couldn’t see his face from that position. “No?”

    “Nice try.” Kyungsoo chuckles. “You can’t backtrack from calling me cute.”

    “Crap.” Jongin mumbles and Kyungsoo laughs.

    “It’s… kind of nice to hear, to be honest.” He says. “I don’t go on dates very much.” He smiles and stops by a store. “Come on. This is like my favorite place ever.” Jongin raises an eyebrow.

    “We’re going on a date in a bookstore?” He asks.

    “Nope.” Kyungsoo takes the wheelchair ramp up to the front. “You’re just going to reach a high book for me. I can never get any help reaching things.”

    “Isn’t that someone’s job?”

    “Wheelchair. Handicapped. Pity party.” Kyungsoo says. “You currently do not pity me. Although you might when you see how pathetic of a reach I have.”

    “I wish you wouldn’t say you were pathetic. Or say your reach is pathetic.”

    “It is, though.”

    “Yeah… but you shouldn’t say that. Isn’t half of healing supposed to be like being positive?”

    “I’m paralyzed, not injured. I don’t have healing to do.”

    “Yeah, but… positive vibes. Those are always good, right?”

    “I’m on a date with a crazy person.” Kyungsoo teases.

    “I’m not crazy.”

    “Mm. Debatable.”  Kyungsoo smiles and wheels through the store before pointing at a book on a high shelf, even mostly out of Jongin’s reach. “I want that one.”

    “Um. Okay.” Jongin stretches on his toes, grasping the spine of the book between his fingers and pulling it down. “Got it.” He hands the book to Kyungsoo, who’s face has split into a wide smile.

    “Thank you.” He hugs the book to his chest like it’s a precious gift. “That was actually like… you don’t even understand how nice that was.” Jongin shakes his head.

    “I don’t.”

    “And you won’t.” Kyungsoo says, smiling at the book. “But it was. You’re just going to have to trust me on that.”

    “Right.” Jongin says after a moment, a little slowly. He’s not sure he gets Kyungsoo.

    “Anyways. Let me go pay for this and then we’ll go to a park or something.”

    “A park?”

    “Yeah. It’s October. It’s really pretty outside.”

    “Um. Can wheelchairs…. Go over grass?” Kyungsoo frowns a little at Jongin. “Was that rude?”

    “A bit.” Kyungsoo admits, and then shakes his head. “It’s okay. You’re new to this whole handicapped thing. Yes, I can wheel over grass. I can’t go over snow and ice as well. Just imagine me as a person with really narrow, long feet. Who can’t take stairs.” Jongin falls silent as Kyungsoo pays for the book and then wheels him back outside. “Alright. Head up the street here. There’s a park like a five minute walk away.”

    “Mmm. I’ll push you. So you don’t get tired.” Kyungsoo offers Jongin a faint smile.

    “Thanks.” He says, tucking the book into a pouch on the side of his chair. “That would be really nice, too.” He looks around at the store fronts as they go. “I don’t think I’ve ever really had someone push me around.” He says, peering into a bakery they pass. “It’s nice. I get to look around more.”

    “Well.” Jongin trails off. “Good. I guess.” Kyungsoo tilts his head back to look at Jongin.

    “You really are kind of socially awkward, aren’t you?”

    “Hey.”

    “You can’t ‘hey’ me. I speak the truth.” He tilts his head. “Didn’t you used to party? What happened to the social party guy? Why’d he go away when you were twenty two?” Jongin purses his lips.

    “I’d rather not talk about it.” He says. “I really don’t know you all that well.” Kyungsoo frowns a little but nods, turning his attention back to the shops.

    “Fair enough, I suppose. Considering I don’t feel like talking about the wheelchair. I guess we’ll have to go on more dates to talk about that, huh?”

    “More?”

    “I mean, unless I’m so repulsive you’re done after one date.”

    “No, it’s just… I mean, this one hasn’t even really started. And you want another.”

    “I move fast.” Kyungsoo jokes. “Turn left here and the parks should be just ahead.”

    “You move fast.” Jongin blinks. “I’m… kind of slow. To be honest. And I… I just got out of a relationship like a month ago.”

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo’s doesn’t look surprised or upset. “I’m sorry. Was it serious?”

    “I loved him.” Jongin shrugs. “He didn’t love me.”

    “How long were you dating?”

    “Six months.”

    “Six months.” Kyungsoo repeats. “And you say you don’t move fast.”

    “I don’t. Isn’t six months a little…. I don’t know. It’s a short time to say you love someone, isn’t it?”

    “I’d known him a long time. We work together.” Jongin frowns, feeling a little uncomfortable. “I mean, I don’t think it was that fast.” Kyungsoo shrugs, not wanting to force Jongin to continue talking.

    “I guess.” He pauses. “Stop here. I’ll put on my brakes and we can have a nice view over the pond.” Jongin stops, fidgeting a little and shifting his weight behind Kyungsoo.

    “So.”

    “Sit.” Kyungsoo points at the ground. “You won’t get your pants dirty or whatever. It’s just grass. It doesn’t bite.” Jongin sinks to the ground, finding it strange that now he has to look up at Kyungsoo.

    “We, um, what are we doing on this date? Besides sitting.”

    “You act like you’ve never been on a date.” Kyungsoo mumbles, fiddling with the pouch on the side of his chair to pull out the book he bought.

    “Uh. Most my dates are like… the modern date? Like going to the movies. Or arcade. Or something like that.”

    “So the dates that you don’t actually need to talk on, basically.”

    “We talked.”

    “During the movie?” Kyungsoo raises a brow, and Jongin fumbles for words for a moment.

    “Okay.” He concedes. “Not at that one.”

    “That’s what I thought.” Kyungsoo runs his finger over the spine of the book, smiling a little at it. “I’m assuming that you’re more of the… go to the movie and get your boyfriend to give you head in the back row type of person.” Jongin turns scarlet.

    “Woah. No. That’s like… public.” Kyungsoo laughs, louder than Jongin’s heard it before.

    “Ah, right. You move slow. And you’re awkward as hell. No head for you in the movie theater. So what? You just hold hands? You don’t even make out?” Jongin flushes deeper.

    “It’s public.” He repeats. “God. You would think you were crazy when you dated.”

    “I move fast.” Kyungsoo grins. “Although I haven’t had a date since I got put in a wheelchair. So, who know what I’m like now.” Jongin thinks Kyungsoo sounds sadder than he’s trying to show. He hesitates a second.

    “You know… it’s okay to be slower.” Jongin says. “I mean… I don’t mind going on another date. I think you’re nice. But like… it’s not necessary to go crazy because you think no one will date you. You’re pretty cool.” He finishes lamely. Kyungsoo chuckles softly.

    “Cool, huh?” He sighs. “I wish that cool was a ‘dateable’.” He makes quotations with his fingers. “It’s kind of not fun to just watch all those people get to go on real dates while I sit here.”

    “Hm.” Jongin frowns a little. “I’m sorry.”

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo actually turns a little pink. “Don’t be sorry. I’m not trying to get a pity date out of you or something. I don’t want to go on dates with you if it’s just for pity.”

    “It’s not out of pity. I said you were nice.” Jongin flops backwards on the grass to watch the clouds. “The sky is pretty.” He says, changing the subject. Kyungsoo tilts his head back to look.

    “I suppose it is.” He says softly. He looks back out across the pond, silent a moment.

    “So tell me, then.” Jongin finally says. “If movies and arcades aren’t real dates, what’s a real date?” Kyungsoo smiles and holds up the book from the store, tapping the cover.

    “I’m going to read to you.”

    “Read to me?” Jongin asks. “Why would you do that?”

    “I like it when people read aloud.” Kyungsoo says, flipping open the book. “And I’ve read this book like a thousand times. It’s one of my favorites. I used to get it at the library all the time.”

    “Huh. Well.” Jongin sits up, adjusting and hesitating a moment before putting his cheek on Kyungsoo’s knee. The gesture is oddly intimate, but he only feels uncomfortable a moment. Kyungsoo smiles and reaches down to run his fingers through Jongin’s hair. “Read away.” He says, closing his eyes as Kyungsoo clears his throat and starts to read, weaving a tale of magic and adventure. Jongin doesn’t even notice that he’s dozing until he feels poking at his cheek.

    “Jongin? Jongin!” Kyungsoo’s voice floating into Jongin’s subconscious.

    “Mm… What?” He rubs his eyes and sits up.

    “You were sleeping.”

    “Oh. Sorry.” He yawns. “You just have a really nice voice for reading.” He gives a sleepy smile. “I liked it.” A smile plays on Kyungsoo’s face.

    “Really?”

    “Yeah. You should make one of those audio books. But like… for good books. The ones that everyone listens to.” Kyungsoo giggles, and Jongin feels his heart twitch.

    “Thanks.” Kyungsoo says, trying to hide his smile behind the cover of the book. “Maybe you should take me home now. I only live a couple blocks away from the café. It’s not that far.”

    “Right.” Jongin yawns one more time and stands. “I’ll take you.” He doesn’t say it, but Jongin decides he likes wheeling Kyungsoo as he takes him home. By the time they hit the main street, the street lamps are on and the stores have their neons. Kyungsoo acts like he’s a child the whole way, constantly craning his head to look at something new. Jongin thinks that maybe Kyungsoo hasn’t been out of the house in a long time. Probably not since the wheelchair, at least. And judging from the way he’s pointing at things and his wonder over the lights, probably not at night, either. Jongin frowns a little to himself as he feels his heart thud. He drops Kyungsoo off and waves goodbye, giving Kyungsoo his phone number before departing. He jabs at his chest when he’s far enough away from Kyungsoo’s apartment complex, poking his finger at his heart. “Hey. You stay where you’re supposed to.” He mumbles to it, because it feels like it’s in his throat. “You just got out of a relationship with Zitao. No liking anyone else.” He tells it, rubbing his chest as he gets home and sinks into his bed. “No liking anyone else.”

==~==

    It takes another few days before Jongin gets a text from Kyungsoo asking to go on another date. Jongin tries not to be too eager to answer affirmatively when he gets the message, making himself wait a painful hour before he sends the reply. Later that night, he picks Kyungsoo up at his house, starting to wheel him down the street.

    “So, you picked where we were going and what we did last time, so I get to pick this time. Don’t worry. It would totally uphold to your qualifications of an actual date. I promise.” Jongin says, smiling a little at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nods, peering up at the sky.

    “The stars are really beautiful.” He says, face dreamy.

    “They are.” Jongin agrees softly, wheeling Kyungsoo to the pier. “Here we are.”

    “The… The pier?” Kyungsoo chuckles a little and shakes his head.

    “What?” Jongin asks, already feeling embarrassed even though he doesn’t know why Kyungsoo is laughing.

    “It’s… the beach. It’s water and sand. I can’t swim.” He says.

    “I figured I would just wheel you down the beach some…” Kyungsoo laughs, a little louder this time, and it echoes against the emptiness of the pier.

    “You can’t wheel me around on sand. I’m going to get stuck.”

    “You won’t.”

    “I will.” Kyungsoo laughs again as Jongin starts to take him down the ramp to the beach. “This is really, really sweet. But a terrible idea.”

    “Is not.” Jongin protests, immediately regretting arguing when they hit the sand and it becomes much harder to push Kyungsoo.

    “Told you.” Kyungsoo smiles as the slow. “Pull me back now, before it’s too late.”

    “This isn’t hard.” Jongin lies, wanting to take Kyungsoo on a good date. He’s never realized how much he hates sand. He manages to push Kyungsoo for a bit longer before the wheels suddenly sink further when they hit a patch of looser sand, and Jongin loses his grip and lands face first. “Ow.” Kyungsoo covers his smile with his hand, the other one trying to move his wheel.

    “Congratulations.” He teases. “You got me stuck on the beach.” Jongin props himself up on his elbows, entire forehead covered in sand.

    “You aren’t stuck.” He mumbles, getting up and struggling to try to push Kyungsoo, not managing to get him to go anywhere. “Why is this so hard?” He mumbles.

    “Jongin…” Kyungsoo trails off. “Seriously. This is great. I just don’t go well on sand. Here.” He holds out his arms. “Come and pick me up. You can take me to sit on the pier and then come back for the wheelchair. It will be really easy to move when I’m not in it.” Jongin can’t help but pout slightly as he comes around the front to pick Kyungsoo out of the chair, less awkwardly than when he tried to get him in his car. He puts his hands under Kyungsoo’s knees and around his back to carry him.

    “Seriously, you weigh like… nothing.” Jongin mutters. “I can’t believe it was that hard to get you through sand.”

    “It was a nice thought.” Kyungsoo says gently, the hand that isn’t looped around Jongin’s neck playing with his hair. “And it was a nice, normal person date. I appreciate that.” Jongin feels his heart swell a little, and his cheeks turn pink.

    “Right.” He clears his throat and sets Kyungsoo down. “You’re welcome.”  He stares at Kyungsoo a minute before he clears his throat.

    “You need to go get my chair, Jongin.” He reminds softly. Jongin blinks.

    “Right.” He says again. “I’ll be right back.” He returns with the chair a moment later, setting it down on the pier behind Kyungsoo and sitting next to him. “Maybe we could just sit like this for a little while.” He says. “This is nice. And normal for a date.” Kyungsoo smiles and tucks his head against Jongin’s shoulder, staring out at the water. Jongin’s almost sure that the other must be able to hear the thudding of his heart against his rib cage.

    “Jongin?” Kyungsoo says after a moment.

    “Yeah?” Jongin half twitches when a hand loops around his waist. After a moment, he wraps his around Kyungsoo’s thin shoulders, pulling him in closer.

    “What’s dancing like?” Jongin blinks in surprise.

    “Dancing?” He pauses. “I thought you could walk until like five years ago.”

    “Yeah. I could. But I was never good at dancing. I don’t really remember it all that much. I think I maybe danced in high school once at prom or something. But it was probably more like… swaying back and forth. I mean like real dancing. Like the waltz.”

    “I don’t teach ballroom.”

    “But you must know how to waltz, right? Even I know the steps.” He rocked back and forth a little. “One, two, three… one, two, three….” Jongin glances at Kyungsoo, silent a moment.

    “Yeah. I can waltz.” He says softly. “It’s really not that hard.”

    “What does it feel like?” Kyungsoo asks, staring at his feet.

    “It…” Jongin trails off. “I don’t know.” He says. “It’s not something I really think about.” He frowns. “I just kind of… know how to do it and do it.”

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo’s face is so crestfallen that Jongin feels his heart sink. “Well. Sorry for asking, I guess. It was a stupid question anyways.” He gives a weak smile, barely a flicker of the corners of his mouth. “I’ll shut up now.”

    “No, I didn’t mean to make you feel stupid for asking… I mean, it’s a valid question if you don’t know what it feels like to dan-“

    “Don’t give me pity.” Kyungsoo says, voice sharp before it softens again. “Please. Just… don’t give me pity. I hate that. I just want to be treated normally.”

    “Of course.” Jongin says, falling silent as they stare out over the water.

    A few weeks of casual dates pass before Kyungsoo shows up at Luhan’s dance studio, wheeling himself into the lobby and peeking into Jongin’s room. Jongin nearly loses his balance mid step.

    “Soo?” He says, directing his students – mostly six and seven year olds – to continue to practice. He had picked up the nickname about a week ago from Minseok when they had all been out together. “What are you doing here?” He asks, giving Kyungsoo a gentle kiss. Those had started about a week and a half ago.

    “I thought I would come watch. If that was okay.” He said. “I’ve never actually gotten to see you dance.”

    “I’m only teaching kids. It’s nothing that complicated.” Jongin looks over his shoulder when a child falls down with a soft thud. “Oh dear.” He mumbles when the child bursts into tears. “Hold on a second.” He leaves Kyungsoo’s side to check on the child. “Hey, Baekhyun…” He murmurs, helping him sit up. “Come on, don’t cry.” Kyungsoo wheels himself over, chewing on his lip.

    “Is he okay?” Jongin nods.

    “He’s fine. He just has an ouchy.” Kyungsoo chuckles softly at Jongin’s words.

    “Hey.” Kyungsoo gets Baekhyun’s attention, smiling at the child who’s wiping his tears away. “You want a ride around the room?” He pats his lap. “I can go really fast.” Baekhyun looks at Jongin to make sure it’s okay before he climbs into Kyungsoo’s lap. “Alright. Hang on.” He says before wheeling away suddenly, circling around the room at a nearly alarming speed a couple times before returning to Jongin. “I’ve got one more trick. You better hold on really good for this one.” He says with a smile, making the chair balance so it’s tilted back slightly, wrists straining to hold the position as he spins on a tight circle like an amusement park tea cup. Baekhyun laughs, obviously delighted, and Kyungsoo lets him down. Jongin smiles a little and leans up to kiss Kyungsoo again.

    “That was pretty cool. I didn’t know you knew tricks.” He says, fingers rubbing Kyungsoo’s knee.

    “Only a few. I’m kind of a coward to do them, because I never have anyone to help me up if I knock the chair over.” Kyungsoo smiles. “But sometimes I get bored of reading.” Jongin smiles a little wider.

    “Go near the back to watch for today, okay? I’ll take you out to a nice dinner after.”

    “Nice as in nice, or nice as in the trip to that god awful hamburger place?”

    “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?” Jongin sighs, giving Kyungsoo’s wheels a gentle push backwards. “Now shush while you watch.” Jongin says, much more comfortable around Kyungsoo and teasing him than he was just a couple weeks ago. Kyungsoo smiles at Jongin and takes his place in the back of the room, eyes trained on Jongin as he led his students in a dance. When class was over, he waited for tiny feet to be well away from his wheels before rolling to Jongin.

    “It was nice. Your dancing.”

    “Well, thanks.” Jongin smiles, packing up his bag. “I do try. Even with the little ones.” Kyungsoo bites his lip, and Jongin his head. Kyungsoo’s not usually shy. “Is something up?” He tilts up Kyungsoo’s chin with a couple fingers, trying to read his expression. “Come on. You know I at guessing.” Kyungsoo gives him a gentle smile.

    “Luhan was talking about some performance you did in college? Some solo?”

    “Oh.” Jongin flushes and nods. “Yeah. That was before the social awkwardness kicked in. When I was actually good at being attractive and like… good with people or whatever.”

    “I want to see it.” Kyungsoo says.

    “Oh.” Jongin repeats, blinking a couple times. “I… Wow. It’s been awhile since I performed for anyone.” Kyungsoo nods.

    “Yeah, I figured. I just… thought it might be nice.” He shrugs. “Luhan said you were pretty good.” He pauses for a couple seconds, and when Jongin doesn’t move or speak up, clears his throat. “Right. Well. Let’s go eat.”

    “But…”

    “It’s obviously making you uncomfortable.” Kyungsoo shrugs again, trying to be easy going, but Jongin can read his disappointment. “It’s alright. You don’t have to show me. It’s not like I could really tell if it was any good or not, anyways.” They both stay still another moment before Jongin shifts and sighs.

    “Soo… did you want to dance?” Jongin shakes his head. “I mean, like… before you were in the wheelchair. You said you never did much of it. But did you want to?” Kyungsoo pauses, deliberating an answer in his mind.

    “Well… I always really liked watching the dance groups at school perform. And it would have been cool to be up there with them, I think.” He sighs. “But it wasn’t a big deal. Not like… if I don’t join the dancers now I’ll never have another chance.” He chuckles dryly. “I guess I was wrong about that, huh?”

    “Soo. I told you that you shouldn’t be making fun of yourself. It’s not good for you.”

    “I know.” Kyungsoo sighs. “I’m sorry, I guess. I’m just used to doing it. I can’t help it.” He mumbles. Jongin’s about to respond when a man with a mop of dark hair steps into the room, suddenly pulling to a halt.

    “Oh, Jongin. You’re still here.”

    “Zitao.” Jongin greets softly, shoulders tensing. Kyungsoo looks at Zitao and frowns, knowing the history between the two. “Sorry. We were just on our way.” Zitao glances at Kyungsoo.

    “Oh. You’re his new friend in the wheelchair.” He nods. “Well.” He his head and rubs the back of his neck. “You’re pretty cute.”

    “Leave him alone.” Jongin sighs, slinging his bag over the back of Kyungsoo’s chair.

    “All I said was that he was cute.” Zitao mumbles, frowning a little.

    “I don’t want you talking to him.”

    “Jongin….” Kyungsoo says softly.

    “No, it’s okay.” Zitao says, meeting Kyungsoo’s eye rather than Jongin’s. He sighs softly. “Let him be mad at me. It’s really okay.”

    “I’m not mad at you.”

    “You are.” Zitao says, a little tersely, and then takes a breath. “I get it. I broke up with you. But it was like two and half months ago. And we work together and it’s still awkward around you. You have a really cute, nice boyfriend now.” He gestures to Kyungsoo. “So if you want to be mad at me, go ahead.”

    “Oh, we aren’t boyfriends.” Kyungsoo says, glancing at Jongin.

    “You… aren’t?” Zitao asks, and Kyungsoo shakes his head, glancing at Jongin and then down. “Jongin.” Zitao starts. “I swear to god, I will ask that boy out right now if you don’t.” He puts a hand on his hip, frowning at his old boyfriend. Jongin grimaces.

    “You can’t ask him out. We go on dates. That makes us boyfriends, right?”

    “Um. Not really?” Kyungsoo shrugs. “I thought you wanted to take it slow. Just… a few dates aren’t technically a boyfriend.”

    “It’s been like a month and a half, though…”

    “And I thought you were just kind of… I don’t know. Liked taking me out.” Kyungsoo rubs his neck.

    “No, you’re my boyfriend.” Jongin says, obviously just as confused at Kyungsoo.

    “Boom, there.” Zitao holds out his arms. “You have a new boyfriend. Dating. Woo. Over me. Fantastic. Bye. I can finally ask out that stupid hip hop teacher without feeling bad.” He mutters, turning and leaving the room. Kyungsoo blinks a couple times, cheeks slightly flushed.

    “Do… Do you really want to be my boyfriend?”

    “I kinda thought I was your boyfriend.” Jongin shuffles his feet. “I guess I should have said something… I’m sorry.” A smile breaks over Kyungsoo’s face and he pulls on Jongin’s shirt to get him to bend over the chair, tossing his arms around his neck when he’s low enough.

    “Curse you and your stupid awkward self. I could have been dating you weeks ago if you had said something.” Jongin laughs softly and unlatches Kyungsoo’s arms after a moment.

    “My bad.” He kisses Kyungsoo’s nose. “So. Can I take you to a real date, then, boyfriend?” Kyungsoo nods, smile plastered on his face.

    “Of course you can.”

==~==

 

    It’s Jongin’s twenty fifth birthday when he stays the night with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had been asking all week for Jongin to stay for the weekend and both their birthdays, and he finally agrees on the condition that he still gets to take Kyungsoo out. He’s discovered that Kyungsoo doesn’t like going out in the winter. It’s too easy for the chair to slide on ice, and Jongin’s already seen him spilled over the pavement a couple times since the sidewalks got slippery. Jongin knocks on the door to Kyungsoo’s apartment, shifting to try to keep warm with the chill in the air. Kyungsoo greets him with a smile.

    “Come in. I made hot chocolate.” Jongin’s never actually seen the inside of Kyungsoo’s house, and is half struck by just how normal it is. There’s a couch in front of a television and large bookshelf completely stuffed to bursting, an acoustic guitar off to the side.

    “You have a couch.” Kyungsoo glances over.

    “Kind of rude.” He teases. “Of course I have a couch. This stupid chair isn’t actually all that comfortable.”

    “Sorry.” Jongin apologizes. “I didn’t mean it like that.” He shrugs and takes the mug of hot chocolate offered to him. “I mean, I’m sleeping there, too, right? I guess I didn’t think before I spoke.”

    “Rambling.” Kyungsoo chides softly, teasing Jongin. “Don’t worry about it.” He pauses. “I kind of assumed you’d be sleeping in the bed with me. It’s big enough for two of us.” Jongin turns pink.

    “Oh. In bed. With you.” Kyungsoo nods.

    “Yeah, with me. I have to sleep somewhere, too.”

    “Right, I just… I wasn’t expecting that.” Kyungsoo purses his lips.

    “You can sleep on the couch if you would be more comfortable there. It’s not a problem. I just thought that maybe you would want to sleep in the bed with me. It’s alright.” Kyungsoo bites his lip and Jongin hesitates.

    “You know…” He sighs. “It’s okay. I can sleep in the bed. I just wasn’t quite expecting it.” He leans in to give Kyungsoo. “I do like cuddling up with you.” Kyungsoo’s worried look morphs into one of happiness.

    “Great.” He says. “That’s… thanks.” He bites his lip again. “Um. So. Tour. There’s only like four rooms. Sitting room.” He points. “This is the kitchen. And then…” He wheels into the sitting room and points at other doors. “Bathroom, bedroom. It’s not too complicated. You can go drop your bag off on the bed. I made take-out food for dinner. It’s your favorite pizza. I’m the best boyfriend ever.” Jongin chuckles and steps into the bedroom, dropping his bag near the foot of the bed and looking at it for a moment. There’s a tiny table by the head with nothing on it, but it looks worn. Jongin thinks that Kyungsoo probably uses it to get up in the morning. He frowns a little. Even now, he’s still struck by how much Kyungsoo has to do on his own. “Jongin?” Kyungsoo calls from the kitchen.

    “Yeah. Coming.” Jongin says, taking another moment to look around the room before rejoining Kyungsoo, offering a small smile. “I’m sorry. I was just looking at your room.”

    “That’s only not creepy because you’re my boyfriend.” Kyungsoo hands Jongin a plate with a couple slices of pizza on it. “I got two large ones. So we’ll have extra. Or at least, you’ll have extra.”

    “Right.” Jongin nibbles on one of the slices and sits in the lone chair at the table. “How’s that diet going, by the way?”

    “Eh.” Kyungsoo shrugs. “If I didn’t have to be on it, I wouldn’t. I love junk food. But since I have like… no ability to burn a lot of it off, I understand why I have to do it.” Jongin nods, chewing silently for a while. It’s like this a lot with them recently. Comfortable silences. Jongin can’t really tell if it’s good or bad, but he supposes Kyungsoo would say something if he was unhappy with the situation. Kyungsoo manages to get Jongin to eat over half a pizza by himself before he works on wrapping the other one up.

    “It was really good, Soo.” He wraps his arms around him from behind. “I mean it. You order the best pizza.”

    “I would cook you the best pizza if I could.”

“And I would eat every last bite.” Jongin assures, looking into the living room again. “So… do you play that guitar?” Kyungsoo nods.

“Yeah. I do. It’s kind of easy to handle which in a wheelchair, so it’s good for me.” He pauses. “Um, do you want to hear something?” Jongin nods.

“Stay here. I’ll grab it for you.” He says, grabbing the guitar and handing it to Kyungsoo.

“Alright… I don’t think I’m really very good. Fair warning.”

“I’m sure you’re fine.” Jongin says, falling quiet as Kyungsoo starts to play, singing softly to the tune. He smiles sheepishly at Jongin a few times while he plays, ending on a sweet note.

“Told you it wasn’t very good.”

“It was perfect, Soo.” He says, leaning down to scoop Kyungsoo into a hug. Kyungsoo smiles, turning a little to kiss Jongin.

“I have to take a shower before bed.”

    “Mmm. Are you tired already?” Kyungsoo nods, a little sheepishly.

    “Yeah. I am. I , I know.”

    “It’s fine, Soo. Really.”

    “But I still .” Jongin sighs and gives him another squeeze.

    “It’s alright. You want me to wheel you to the bathroom?” Kyungsoo nods, holding onto Jongin’s arms just a moment longer before he frees them in favor of getting moved. Jongin frowns a little when he peers into the room. “Do you really get in all by yourself?” Kyungsoo nods, smile on his face.

    “I wouldn’t say no to help.” He grins, poking at Jongin for a moment before he nods. “Yeah. There’s a little shelf that I had put in so I can sit and stuff.” He shrugs. “It’s only slightly complicated to get in. I’m used to it, though.”

    “I can’t believe you’ve never had like a live in nurse or something.”

    “I’ll leave that to the people who are really crippled.” Jongin frowns, because it’s something Kyungsoo says a lot. He wants to say ‘but you are crippled’ to Kyungsoo, but he knows that he doesn’t like it. He likes being independent.

    “Alright.” Jongin sighs. “I’m going to go find a book to read. I’ll wait for you in the bedroom, okay?” Kyungsoo nods, working on ing his shirt.

    “Yes, sir.” He salutes as Jongin leaves. Jongin sighs softly and heads to the bedroom, suddenly wishing he had brought a shirt to wear to sleep. Instead, he simply pulls on his sweats and climbs into the bed, staring at the wall and listening to the shower run. He wonders if it’s really hard to be Kyungsoo. It must be, he thinks. With his diets and all the work he does to live alone. He had mentioned physical therapy a couple times, but Jongin could tell that he wasn’t really happy with it. The water turns off, and Kyungsoo appears in the bedroom a few moments later, wearing a big sweater and a pair of boxers. “Hi.” He says when Jongin stares.

    “Hi.” Jongin blinks and then gets out of the bed. “Sorry. Here. Let me help.” He scoops Kyungsoo out of the chair as he’s done many times, and lays him on the bed. He climbs in and pulls the blanket over them. “Hey.”

    “You were staring at me.” Kyungsoo says, using his arms to turn himself onto his side, looping an arm around Jongin’s waist.

    “You… I was looking at your legs.”

    “I told you they looked normal.” Kyungsoo says softly. “I don’t think anyone actually believes that when I tell them.”

    “No, it wasn’t that.” Jongin shifts a little. “I just thought you looked pretty cute.” Kyungsoo hides his grin against Jongin’s shoulder.

    “Shut up. You didn’t.” Jongin’s still awkward, but he knows what Kyungsoo likes.

    “You have beautiful legs, Soo. I promise.” He kisses the top of Kyungsoo’s head. Kyungsoo’s still another moment before he looks up and kisses Jongin.

    “I… I want to try something.” He says, hands going to Jongin’s hips.

    “Uh.” Jongin’s face goes a little pale when Kyungsoo’s hands ghost forwards to his crotch. “Soo, I don’t… I mean, I don’t know how I would… with you and your legs and…”

    “Shush. Before you ruin it for me.” Kyungsoo puts a finger over Jongin’s lips. “I don’t want anything from you. I just want to do this for you, okay?” Jongin’s weak protest turns into a rather girlish squeak when Kyungsoo’s fingers dip under the waistband of his sweats. Kyungsoo’s fingers are gentle and smooth, warm and nimble. It doesn’t take long for Jongin to finish, muffling a groan in Kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo pulls his hands back, pointing to the box of tissues on Jongin’s side of the bed. “Let me clean you up.” He says. Jongin can only half hear him as he talks, cheeks flushed but face relaxed. … love you, and – “

    “Woah.” Jongin snaps out of his daze. “I’m sorry. Repeat that?”

    “I… I love you?” Kyungsoo tries again, voice a little unsure this time. “I mean… is that okay? I don’t want to freak you out, and god knows you’re going to go like insane over that, and I mean, it’s coming from me, and I might not exactly be the best person to like back and I – “

    “I love you, too, Kyungsoo.” Jongin finally manages to get out. All in all, Jongin supposes it’s rather unromantic, the way that they confess to each other. But Jongin already knew he loved Kyungsoo. And he guessed he kind of felt like he already knew about Kyungsoo’s feelings, too. He thinks that Kyungsoo probably felt the same, because he doesn’t blush or stammer, just smiles.

    “Thanks. For loving me.” Kyungsoo says, pressing closer to Jongin.

    “Thanks for loving me.” Jongin says in return, giving Kyungsoo’s forehead a kiss. “And putting up with me.”

    “Only because you’re cute. And I need a trained monkey to help get me around.”

    “Ouch. Right in the heart.” Jongin grumbles, making Kyungsoo laugh.

    “Shut up. You know I love you.”

    “I know.” Jongin says with a soft smile. The rest of the weekend is spent in Kyungsoo’s apartment, in the bed more often than not, simply holding each other close.

==~==

 

    Kyungsoo asks Jongin to go to physical therapy with him for the first time in the summer.

    “Really?”

    “Um. Yeah. Why?”

    “You just… .you’ve never asked me before.”

    “Yeah. Well. It’s kind of embarrassing. I basically let a guy hold onto my legs and twist them a bunch of directions. And then fall down every three seconds.”

    “But you want me to come?”

    “Yeah. Please? Just… once, at least. It’s summer. And I already hate it and get sweaty and gross. I was thinking we could get ice cream afterwards.”

    “Ice cream?” Jongin purses his lips. “Is that a good idea? How’s your diet?”

    “It’s fine. I can break it once or twice, it won’t kill me. All that’s going to happen is I gain weight. Which I won’t over one ice cream. Don’t be a parent.” Jongin sighs and rubs his temples.

    “Fine.” He says. “I’ll come with you.”

    “Yay.” Kyungsoo claps his hands together. “It’s going to be a little bit better now.”

    “I suppose.” Jongin slings his bag over the back of Kyungsoo’s chair and starts wheeling him down the street towards the dance studio. Kyungsoo’s become quite taken to watching him teach. “You really want to watch the four year olds today? They can’t do much.”

    “They’re cute. And I get to see you try to lead a dance for them.” Kyungsoo tugs his jacket on as they go. “I still want to see you perform.” Jongin frowns.

    “I haven’t since college.”

    “I know. And every time I ask, you say that.” Kyungsoo tilts his head back. “You could just tell me to stop asking and I would.”

    “No, it’s just…” Jongin sighs. “I don’t really…. Like performing all that much.”

    “Why?” Jongin shrugs, lips set into a line. “Luhan says you were really good. And had a lot of… I think he called them groupies.”

    “I did.”

    “Then why don’t you like performing?”

    “It’s complicated.” Jongin says, voice a little terse.

    “Oh.” Kyungsoo looks down at the sidewalk, counting the crack in his head for a minute. “Is it… was it the social ineptitude thing?”

    “The social ineptitude was a direct result of performing.” Jongin says firmly. “And that’s all I want to say about it.”

    “Okay.” Kyungsoo mumbles. “Sorry.” He pauses. “I love you.” Jongin stops moving, putting on Kyungsoo’s breaks with a soft sigh and coming around his front.

    “I love you, too.” He says, cupping Kyungsoo’s cheeks. “I really, really, do. And I promise I’ll perform for you sometime. Okay?” Kyungsoo sniffles quietly and then nods. He’s always quick to bounce back from sadness. He always tells Jongin it’s a mechanism he developed to help him in the chair. Jongin is quiet as he rolls Kyungsoo up the street, turning into the studio and getting Kyungsoo to his spot in the back of the class. It’s early, none of the students have arrived yet. Jongin likes to use the opportunity to stretch.

    “I got hit.” Kyungsoo says after a moment of watching Jongin.

    “Excuse me?” Jongin looks up.

    “When I was twenty. I got hit by a car. At night. The driver didn’t even see me. And then he hit me.” Jongin frowns a little and swallows a lump in his throat.

    “Oh.” He pauses. “You didn’t have to tell me.”

    “It was time.” Kyungsoo shrugs, looking down. Jongin purses his lips.

    “That’s…. did you just not want to talk about it?” He pauses. “I mean… it doesn’t really seem all that dramatic, really.”

    “You mean why I was against telling you I got hit by a car.” Kyungsoo frowns. “Um. It was night. I was… coming home from a party.”

    “A party.”

    “I may have been sort of drunk.” He pauses. “And probably high as a kite.”

    “Oh.” This time, Jongin’s pause is longer. “Oh.”

    “Yeah.” Kyungsoo sighs, rubbing his shoulders. “I used to be into all that crap. Not so much the drinking. But the weekends were for parties, you know?” He mumbles.

    “I… Yeah, I don’t really get the appeal. But I understand.” Jongin says softly. “I’m… I’m still sorry.”

    “It’s my own fault I’m even in this stupid thing.” He mumbles.

    “Hey.” Jongin gets up to go to Kyungsoo’s side, kneeling in front of him and cupping his cheeks. “Soo, you… you made a couple bad choices. Everyone does, okay? You weren’t the one that was driving the car that hit you. That’s whose fault it was. Not yours.” He says. Kyungsoo shakes his head.

    “Nah. You can try to encourage me all you want. I’m always going to think it’s my fault. And that’s okay.” He sighs and looks down. “Sorry.” He mumbles, wiping his face. Jongin stays near Kyungsoo in silence until his students start to come in. He gets up, leading them in stretches for a little, occasionally glancing at his boyfriend. Eventually, he pulls a chair to the front of the room.

    “Hey guys. Who wants to see me do a show?” Several of the kids raise their hand.

    “I wanna see!” One of them calls, hopping up and down. “You dance so nice.” Kyungsoo looks up, tears still on his cheeks, and shakes his head to try to deter Jongin. He gives a soft smile in response and goes over to the stereo, setting it up to play a song.

    “Alright. Everyone watch.” He calls for attention one more time before he starts in on his routine, easily falling back into the same steps that he’s known since college. He catches a glimpse of Kyungsoo on occasion, his boyfriend leaning forwards in the chair to stare intently at him. When he finishes, he bows for the kids. A thin layer of sweat is on his forehead and his heart is thumping more than it should for such a short routine. He swallows the ball that’s forming in his throat and lets out a slow breath, going back into teaching class. Kyungsoo’s squirming in his chair the whole class, barely waiting for the kids to leave before wheeling to Jongin.

    “Give me a hug.” He holds out his arms and gives Jongin a squeeze. “I loved it. I love you.” Jongin nods and pats Kyungsoo, a bit awkwardly.

    “Yeah. I’m glad you liked it.” Kyungsoo pulls back, poking at Jongin’s cheeks when he notices the frown etched there.

    “Hey. Are you alright?”

    “Yeah.” Jongin lets out a slow breath. “It’s just… the memories of it. I wasn’t a fan of that feeling building in my chest.” Kyungsoo’s silent a couple seconds.

    “Will you tell me? What happened, I mean.”

    “I… it’s stupid, really.” Jongin shrugs. “I just… My boyfriend told everyone about us right after the performance.”

    “You’re just… upset because he told everyone you were gay?”

    “No, they knew that.” Jongin rubs the back of his neck. “Like… about us. And our… activities together.” He winces at how childish he sounds.

    “Like .” Jongin swats at Kyungsoo, cheeks burning with shame.

    “Yeah. Like .” He mutters.

    “What an .” Kyungsoo frowns.

    “No, he wasn’t – “

    “Yes he was.” Kyungsoo crosses his arms. “That’s just an move, Jongin. You’ve got no reason to feel embarrassed about that. I guarantee everyone else thought he was just an , too.” Jongin is quiet for several long minutes.

    “Okay.” He finally says. “I guess he was.” Kyungsoo nods.

    “Good.” He waves his arms. “Anyways. Tell me how to dance. I really want to.” Jongin’s gaze falls to the wheelchair.

    “Um.”

    “With my arms, dummy.” Kyungsoo huffs. “I know I can’t walk.” Jongin purses his lips and then moves around Kyungsoo, wheeling him towards the side of the room. “Hey. I said you needed to teach my arms how to dance. Don’t be mean.”

    “You really want to dance, Soo?” Jongin asks, wedging an arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and hitting a button on the speaker with his other hand before pulling Kyungsoo up.

    “Woah, Jongin, put me down… I can’t stand on my own. Not without crutches.”

    “That’s why you have me.” Jongin whispers in Kyungsoo’s ear, making sure to position Kyungsoo’s feet carefully atop his and hold him tight around the waist, spinning him slowly away from the wheelchair as a soft waltz comes on. He feels Kyungsoo’s breath hitch, and he hums softly with the song. “Look in the mirror, Soo.” He whispers. “Look at you. You’re dancing.” Kyungsoo looks over Jongin’s shoulder, eyes lighting on them in the mirror. His eyes tear up and he has to look away, hiding against Jongin’s shoulder.

    “I’m dancing.”

==~==

 

    “Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asks quietly as Jongin wheels him through a dark field.

    “We’re going to this field, actually. No where else.”

    “Um. Why?” Kyungsoo asks, gripping his armrests when Jongin hits a rock and a mole hill in rapid succession.

    “Sorry.” Jongin whispers, leaning over Kyungsoo’s shoulder to kiss his cheek. “Almost there.” Jongin stops in the center of the field, pulling out a large picnic blanket from the bag he had slung over Kyungsoo’s chair.

    “Seriously, why are we out here?”

    “Well, our last couple of dates have been my style. Inside and modern. So we’re taking a Kyungsoo style date.” Jongin smooths out the blanket a couple times before scooping Kyungsoo up and laying him back on the blanket.

    “My style?”

    “We’re stargazing.” Jongin points to the sky. “I even looked up constellations for us. That’s Orion.” He says, pointing to the row of stars. Kyungsoo smiles faintly as Jongin keeps naming constellations.

    “You put a lot of work into this.”

    “I love you.” He shrugs. “It’s my job to work on stuff like this for you.”

    “Kiss me?” Kyungsoo asks, rolling towards Jongin and settling a hand on his heart to help prop himself up. Jongin grins and cards his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair before leaning in to kiss him sweetly. “This is nice.” Kyungsoo says when the kiss breaks, drawing circles over Jongin’s heart. “I can wrap my arms around you like this. It’s not all awkward like it is in the chair.”

    “I like it, too. We’ll go stargazing more often.” He mumbles softly. The light in Kyungsoo’s eyes is more dazzling than the thousands of stars above.

    “I love you.”

    “Love you, too.”

==~==

 

    Jongin is running late for Kyungsoo’s therapy. So far, he’s hit every red light possible.

    “Christ.” He mumbles. He’s already nearly an hour too late. Kyungsoo’s going to give him an earful. On cue, his phone starts buzzing. “Hello?” He doesn’t expect Kyungsoo to sound as happy as he does.

    “Jongin!”

    “Yeah, I know I’m late, Soo. Don’t worry, I’m nearly there.”

    “I walked!” Jongin nearly rear ends the car in front of him.

    “What?”

    “I mean, it was only one step, but it was actually me! I moved my leg!” Jongin breaks into a laugh.

    “That’s fantastic!” He grins widely, checking an intersection before starting to roll through. “I’ll be there in two minutes. I love you.”

    “’Kay. Love you too!” There’s a click before Kyungsoo hangs up. Jongin grins wider. After nearly six and a half years in the wheelchair, Kyungsoo had managed to take a step. His heart swells at the very thought. Maybe Kyungsoo’s legs will work like they used to before.

 

==~==

Next Update: 11/2/2015