Letter 3 : His Beautiful Heart

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]

fifishawol : i'm sorry for the late update~ i was so busy these days but this is the third letter ^^. 'please. with love.' is actually on hiatus but it will be back soon :)
night97 : here's the new letter, hope u will like it :) the fanclub is crazy, i agree, keke.
bababa21 : ure.. sugar right? i forgot ur name ._. oh well, here's the third letter ^^ and im sorry i made u cried with the previous letters T_T
shineemoon : "You are definitely the most artistic, refined, and mature writer I have read on this site." <-- this really made my day. thanks a lot, dear ^^
tim unnie : yes, taemin looks nice in blue ^^. and thx for ur full support!
divinekismet : ur comment made my day when u said u wish to subscribe ten times. thanks a lot!! *bows*
starlee : i'm in pain too, writing taemin in pain T__T and thx for ur encouraging comment! *bows*
aft-sheyla : here's the third letter. mian for the late update T__T !!
euphilia : the koala hug is my forever fav wmin moment XD! they are so cute together, ne ^^!
ebimelody : here's the new letter, i hope u will like it :)
teresaunni : i already dropped a message on ur wall earlier, but idk if u got it .___. do tell me if u didnt ok ^^
vipshawol : here's the new letter :) i hope u will like it ^^

 



108wk.jpg

In the lonely hallways of the hospital, Taemin is walking slowly to the room he spends most of his hours in since a month ago. He fixed his long hair when he came across a big mirror on his way to see Minho.

"You should cut your hair, Taemin. I can barely see your eyes,"

The skinny male turned to his right and his eyes met Jinki's.

"I like my hair long," he said as he walked pass the other guy. He stopped when Jinki grabbed his wrist.

"Stop being so cold towards me," Jinki said under his breath, lowering his gaze.

"I'm in a rush," Taemin replied, squeezing his wrist from Jinki's grip and walking away.

"It's good that you finally leave the room once in awhile," Jinki said after him, and Taemin didn’t reply.

Walking away, he is thinking about the cold treatment he is giving Jinki.

No, he never hated Jinki. Why would he? The mistake is his, and not Jinki's. Yes, he is still angry at the lie Jinki once told him. But Taemin himself committed a bigger mistake. Avoiding Jinki now is the only solution he can think of. Jinki reminds him of his mistake, and it's a torture. How he wishes that Minho will stab him in his heart. He will die, but at least he will not feel that guilt anymore.

He is now standing in front of Minho's room.

"Smile, Taemin," he said to himself before he opened the door and jump into the room happily, a bright smile on his face.

"Hyung, do you miss me?" he asked as he walks towards Minho's bed.

"I went home for awhile just now. To clean myself. But now I'm here," he is still talking to Minho like he always did for the past month.

Minho never replied, though.

"Oh, hyung! I got this in my mail box," Taemin said, waving a card in front of Minho, as if Minho can see it.

"Do you still remember Hyunki, the president of the 2MIN club? I think the club's name sounds funny, but she really did a great job as a president, ne? She is getting married next month, to someone named Dongwoon. So she sent this invitation card. She invited you too, hyung," Taemin said, staring at the invitation card.

"It's good that she found a good man to be her husband, ne? I'll be jealous again if I hear the gossip about you and her like when we were still in school before," he pouts.

He opened the drawer next to him, keeping the invitation card in it before taking out the third letter from the wooden box.

"I'm going to read this," Taemin said, waving the letter in front of Minho. He is never tired of pretending to be happy, so that Minho will not worry about him.

He opened the letter carefully, treating it as a very precious treasure.


Taemin,
Are you smiling today?


"I am," Taemin said, knowing that his act of pretending to smile every single second is the right thing to do.

I'd rather lose my job than seeing you upset.

"I don’t want you to lose your job. We need the money to get married," Taemin chuckled.

Don't worry, I will only ask you to marry me when my financial status is stable.

"Good decision, hyung,"

Minho's letter never failed to amaze Taemin. It's like Minho is really there, talking to him.


It's very windy today, I don't have to turn on my air conditioner. Oh, I remember I got to know both your DJ friends on a windy day, too. Remember how Key's hair kept on covering his eyes?

"Yeah," Taemin chuckled.

***

"We need more news, Key," Jonghyun said, walking side by side with Key. Key, however, didn't reply as he was busy blowing his front hair, which are covering his eyes, thanks to the windy day.

"Aish, Key. Stop blowing your hair and listen," Jonghyun continued when he saw what Key is doing. The boy however, ignored him and continued blowing his hair. Jonghyun puffed his cheeks out of annoyance. His hand reached for a box of pocky inside his bag. He took one and started munching on it.

"Don't tell me that's pocky," suddenly he heard Key's voice.

"Yes, and now you know how to talk," he said sarcastically, finishing his pocky up in a second and taking out another one.

"I.. haven't eaten one since .. I don't remember already," Key replied.

"Want some?" Jonghyun asked him, turning to him with the pocky still in his mouth, handing the box to Key. Much to his surprise, Key ignored the box and reached the other end of the one he is munching on.

Key is munching that certain pocky from the other end, and his eyes are sending 'scared?' messages to Jonghyun. So the dino-like boy quickly munched from his side and in no time they reached the middle of the pocky.

Their lips almost touched when someone shouted their names and Key quickly broke the pocky and finished it.

"Key hyung! Jonghyun hyung!" Taemin is waving, and they saw Minho is walking with him from behind. Jonghyun swallowed his pocky quickly and gave Taemin a smile. His mind is still disturbed by the pocky-incident just now, though. He is so into what had happened just now he realized he is sweating now. Wiping away the cold sweat on his forehead, he turned to Taemin with a smileand greeted the boy.

"Hey, Taemin," he said, waving.

"What are you both doing here?" Taemin asked, looking at them both.

"Nothing," Key answered, ruffling Taemin's hair, causing the youngest among them to pout.

"Oh, so you're with Minho? Are you guys already having lovey dovey moments?" Jonghyun asked with a cheeky smile, and Taemin gave him a light punch on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about, hyung," Taemin replied, trying to take it as a joke, but blushing at the question at the same time.

"Come on, Taem. You and this tall guy have been together for two months since the club for the two of you was founded. There must be lots of sparks in the relationship, right?" Key said, poking Taemin's waist, teasing the boy.

"Aish, I don't know what the two of you are saying," Taemin replied, poking Key back.

"You like tall guys like him, right?" Key is still teasing when Minho finally interrupted the conversation.

"Don't call me 'tall guy', I have a name. It's Minho,"

Key and Taemin stopped poking each other, and Jonghyun stopped munching on his pocky. All pair of eyes are now on Minho.

"Of.. of course you have a name," Key said, trying to act normal though Minho's deep voice surprised him just now.

"N-neh, Minho is a very nice name," Jonghyun said, giving Minho an awkward smile, causing Taemin to laugh.

"What are you laughing at?!" Key asked.

"Both of you looks so scared of Minho hyung, mianhae I can't stop laughing!" the youngest boy replied and yes, he can't stop laughing.

"Aish Taem. Shut up and introduce us to him. We want to be his friend, too," Jonghyun said, and Taemin finally stoped laughing.

"Why do you want to be his friend?" he asked, blinking his eyes.

"Are you scared he will have no more time for you since he would have us so you don't want us to be his friends?" Key asked, smiling cheekily.

"Why construct such a long sentence, Key? To make it short.. 'are you jealous?'," Jonghyun joined in the tease.

"Stop talking nonsense! I'm not jealous! Hyung, this is Key hyung, and the short one here is Jonghyun hyung," Taemin said and Jonghyun grunts at the word 'short'.

"Hi Minho. We're sharing the same age," Key said, shaking Minho's hand.

"Really?"

"Yes. I hope you passed the enrollment test and join us in the university soon," Key said with a warm smile.

"Thanks," Minho said.

"Hyung, the exam is next month, right?!" Taemin asked, widening his eyes at the same time.

"Yes, Taemin," Minho replied, ruffling Taemin's hair.

"Stop treating me like a kid, hyung," Taemin said, pouting at the same time.

"You ARE a kid, Taem," Key said, blowing his hair again and again, stressing on the word 'are' as he spoke to Taemin.

"Shut up, hyung," Taemin replied, obviously not comfortable when his circle of friends are treating him like a kid.

"Hey, Minho. Teach him to be an adult," Key said to Minho after blowing his hair for the hundredth time.

"He'll grow up soon, don't worry," Minho replied with a smile but Key cuts his sentence.

"Not 'that' kind of adult. I mean, you two are suppose to be in a relationship already," Key said.

"We are friends, if that is what you're suggesting," Taemin said, blinking his eyes.

"I am suggesting.. phewh!" and he blows his hair again.

"Aish Key! Do you want me to cut that hair of yours!?" Jonghyun snapped, finding Key blowing his hair in the middle of a conversation annoying.

"Shut up, Jjong. Nobody talks like that about my precious hair. Now, back to our conversation. I am suggesting the two of you to be lovers and start doing lovey-dovey things together," he said, smiling cheekily causing Taemin to blush out of nowhere.

"You mean like what you and Jonghyun were doing just now?" Minho asked, and Key widened his eyes at the question.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Key asked, not bothering to blow the hair covering his eyes anymore. Jonghyun is pretending to cough and hides himself behind Taemin.

"What were you two doing?" Taemin asked.

"We were doing nothing!" Jonghyun said.

"I saw what you two were doing," Minho replied.

"What were they doing?" Taemin asked again.

"Nothing!" Key snapped.

"I saw you two," Minho responded.

"What were they doing??" Taemin asked for the third time.

"NOTHING!" both Key and Jonghyun snapped.

"I saw them eating.." and Minho didn't get to finish his sentence when both Key and Jonghyun jumped on him to shut him up.

"Hyung!! Omo what are you two doing! Get off him!" Taemin snapped as he pulled Key away, leaving Jonghyun who is now covering Minho's mouth with his palm.

"We.. we are just trying to shut him up," Key said awkwardly.

"Y-yeah.." Jonghyun responded.

"It looks like you guys were attacking Minho hyung just now," Taemin said, helping Minho to stand on his feet.

"It's okay, Taemin," Minho responded, ruffling Taemin's hair.

"Hyung, stop treating me like a kid," Taemin pouts.

Minho was about to reply him when Jonghyun cuts in.

"Yeah. He's an adult now. Treat him like one. It's time for his first kiss!" and Key smacked him on his head.

"What was that for?!" he shouted, rubbing his head.

"For talking nonsense," Key responded.

"Oh yeah? As if you're not planning to do the same," Jonghyun replied with a smirk.

"Shut up and let's get going. We have news to spread," Key said, dragging Jonghyun with him.

"Wait! Why don't you guys bring Taemin along?" Minho suddenly said.

"Why, hyung?" Taemin asked.

"I have to see the principal now regarding my special examination, and I don’t like seeing you wandering alone. As much as I think those two are weird, it is better to have them around you so I won’t have to worry so much," Minho said.

"What does he mean by calling us weird?" Jonghyun asked.

"He said Taemin being alone worries him," Key said, ignoring Jonghyun's question.

"What is wrong with that? I would be worried too if I left you alone," Jonghyun responded, causing Key's heart to skip a beat.

"You would?" Key asked, his eyes are still on Taemin and Minho.

"Yeah," Jonghyun replied.

"Maybe your feelings towards me are the same as Minho's feelings towards Taemin," Key said, lowering his tone.

"Maybe. But what's Minho's feelings towards Taem?" Jonghyun asked and Key couldn’t help but to think he sounds stupid.

"Aish, I hate you when you become dense like this!" Key said, walking towards Taemin and Minho, leaving Jonghyun alone.

"We'll take care of him, don't worry," he said to Minho as soon as he reached them.

"Komawo. I'm going now, Taem," Minho said, patting on Taem's shoulder.

"Neh. Text me whatever it is the conversation you have with the principal, okay?" Taemin shouted after Minho.

"I’ll call you tonight!" Minho replied.

"That's even better," Taemin muttered to himself, smiling, not knowing Key who is a very observant person caught that act of his.

"You know what, Taemin? You need to be closer to him than you are now," Key suddenly said.

"What do you mean, hyung?"

"It's been three months since you guys know each other. Though it may look like you are his best friend, he is still hiding something from you," Key said, his brain is working quickly, plotting a plan.

"What is he hiding..? And how did you know..?" Taemin asked. The fact that Minho is hiding something from him hurts him. He always thought he is Minho's best friend, someone Minho can trust.

"Key, this is not the time to tell him this," Jonghyun said, grabbing Key's hand and drag him somewhere else. They started to talk about something, well more like whispering actually, and Taemin didn't like what they were doing.

"That kid likes Minho, I know," Jonghyun said when Taemin tiptoed behind them carefully.

"You think I'm stupid? I know that too. But Minho is liking the president!" Key said.

"What?" Taemin choked on his own breath upon hearing the two DJs conversation. Jonghyun turned back in horror, but Key looks as calm as ever.

"You didn’t know yet? Minho likes Hyunki," Key responded.

For the first time in his life, Taemin felt an explosion in his heart. He thought it is because Minho is hiding something from him. He never knew that he was wrong. It was because the guy he fell for is in love with someone else.

"W-well.. as long as he's hap-happy.." Taemin stutter his words, staring at his sneakers. Jonghyun poked Key, both of them with evil smiles on their faces. Taemin is showing the right reaction according to their plan.

"Due to popular demand, we are organizing an event to celebrate Minho's confession to Hyunki tomorrow," Key added, and Jonghyun widened his eyes in awe at Key's quick lie.

"Tomorrow?!" Taemin asked. That is too soon for him to let Minho go..

"We're thinking of a party. Jonghyun, let's buy some balloons and sodas!" Key said again, pretending not to notice the disappointment in Taemin's expression.

"We need soju too!" Jonghyun suggested and Key smacked him again.

"Taemin is underage, idiot!"

"Ah, I forgot.. Okay, I want jell-o. Lots of jell-o!" Jonghyun said. Both of them are talking about food they're going to prepare at the fake celebration of Minho's confession when Taemin suddenly raised his hand.

"I'll buy a cake," he said before he left.

"He looks.. sad," Jonghyun said.

"Of course he is! He likes Minho!" Key said, clapping his hand.

"And Minho likes him too, right?" Jonghyun asked.

"Minho loves him," Key responded, stressing on the word 'loves'. Jonghyun nods his head before he asked a question.

"Why are we doing this again?"

"So that Taemin will realize his feelings for Minho?" Key said, and Jonghyun nods again.

***
"I thought the sadness I was facing at that time was the hardest time for me ever," Taemin said, remembering the moment where his two hyungs made up a lie to get him and Minho together. Never did he expect that one day he will be facing this current situation, watching the prince of his heart lying down on a bed for days. Eyes closed.

***
10.00 pm

Minho is doing his revision alone in his room. But he can't really pay attention to his books. His eyes are on his mobile phone's screen, waiting for Taemin to reply his text. This never happened before. Taemin always reply his texts and Minho is more than worried. Did he hurt the younger boy?

He closed his book and reached for his phone. He looks for Taemin's number and pressed 'call'. He waits for awhile but nobody picks up his call.

"What is he doing..?" Minho questioned himself. A few seconds passed when his phone suddenly beeped, marking the incoming of a new message. His heart leaps with joy when Taemin's name appeared on the screen. He opened the message, and disappointed at the short reply.

"Busy."

He replied, however.

"Sorry, Taem. I don't mean to disturb you. See you in school tomorrow. Nite."

Eyes still on the screen, he waits for Taemin's reply.

Two hours passed and no reply came. Minho went to bed, worrying so much he decided not to revise anything. He was about to close his eyes when Taemin's reply reached his phone.

"Kay"

And Minho stayed awake the whole night, thinking what had he done to Taemin.

***

I woke up looking like a zombie the next morning. I really thought I hurt you..

"Mian hyung.. You never hurt me," Taemin said as he leans down, kissing Minho on his forehead.

***
Minho is walking alone from the principal's room to his class. His eyes are looking for the certain skinny figure. He usually meets Taemin at the school gate everyday, but Taemin is nowhere to be seen this morning. Minho wonders if Taemin is sick, and whether he should pay a visit to his house after school.

Nothing can shock Minho more than seeing Taemin sitting in his class, waiting for him the moment he stepped into his class.

"Taem!" he called for the boy, failing to hide his excitement.

"Hyung," Taemin replied, smiling. He looks awkward, though. Minho is too happy to see him he didn't realize the awkwardness.

"What were you doing last night?" Minho quickly asked as he took a seat in front of Taemin. Taemin says nothing, letting out a heavy sigh instead.

"Taemin..?" Minho called for him again, trying to find Taemin's eyes.


I don’t like seeing sadness in your eyes..

"Hyung, this is for you," Taemin changed the topic, shoving a big box in front of him to Minho.

"For me..?" Minho asked, and he opens the box carefully. Inside, he saw a pretty big chocolate cake, but is not nicely done. The shape is pretty weird.

"I'm sorry it looks ugly.." Taemin says.

"No, no. I don’t mind at all. But.. what is this cake for? Today is not my birthday,"

"It's for the celebration, hyung,"

"What.. are we celebrating?" Minho asked, blinking his eyes, confused.

"You will confess to Hyunki today, right?" Taemin asked, he sounds sad. Minho was about to asked what confession this boy is talking about when everything make sense to him. He did not know who spread the fake information, but he can only guess what's going on. That this innocent boy seems to believe it and thought that he has feelings for Hyunki. So he avoided him the whole day yesterday because the news somewhat hurts him inside.

"I told them I'll buy a cake for the celebration," Taemin said again.

The word 'them' means whoever spread the fake news, there is more than one person. Minho is pretty sure he knows who they are.

"I want to make the event more meaningful, so I baked this on my own.." Taemin said, pointing to the cake.

"You baked this yourself?" Minho asked, smiling. Taemin sure have a good heart.

"Yes, and this is the third attempt. I know it looks ugly, but the previous two were just too hopeless.. this is the best I can do for you, hyung.." Taemin explained why he was busy last night, trying to bake a cake for Minho and Hyunki.

Minho says nothing but took a bite of the cake with his fingers, causing Taemin to widened his eyes.

"H-hyung, the cake is for .. later.."

"The cake doesn’t represent you at all," Minho said after tasting the cake, putting on a serious expression on his face.

"What.. do you mean?" Taemin asked.

"It doesn’t look nice but taste very delicious. You, on the other hand, are beautiful inside and outside," Minho said, lowering his tone, knowing two stupid blushes are now on his both cheeks. Taemin's face is as red as ever he wish he got a blanket or something to cover his boiling face.

A couple of minutes passed with both of them stay quiet, thinking hard what to say next to shove away the awkwardness between them.

"Did you heard about this from Jonghyun and Key?" Minho asked. Taemin nods.

Minho than leans down a bit and pinches Taemin's cheek.

"They're just joking. If I were to confess to anyone, the person would be you," Minho said, before he turned away in embarrassment. He just confessed to Taemin accidentally, and his heart is now beating like crazy, waiting for Taemin's response.


I felt like my heart was going to explode at that time.

Taemin's heart is beating even faster when he heard what Minho has just said. Knowing those two DJs were only joking gave him relief, but Minho's indirect confession kills, he does not know what to do.

But he loves Minho.

Taemin is sure about that.

More than sure, actually; realizing the fact that his heart is actually beating for Minho though he doesn't really know since when.

***
"I was about to tell you that I'm felt the same way, hyung.." Taemin said, reading Minho's letter, line by line.

***
Taemin is more than ready to tell Minho he is feeling the same way towards him. It is now or never. He was about to reply to Minho when suddenly a few girls jump into the class, Hyunki is one of them.

"Minho oppa, Taemin oppa! We need your picture together!" Hyunki says as soon as she reached both of the awkward boys.

"Uh.. what for?" Taemin asked. Though he knows Jonghyun and Key were lying about Hyunki, still, he felt a bit insecure having the girl near Minho.

"For our first 2MIN magazine!" Hyunki responded cheerfully, and the other girls beside her nod their head in unison.

***


I still laugh whenever I remember what happened that day. You know what, I still have the first volume of that magazine.

"I have it too," Taemin replied, smiling.

Well, we would have been together earlier if they didn’t barge in at that time.

"I think so too,"

I love our first photoshooting session for the magazine. Not because I was featured in the magazine, but because I manage to create more priceless moments with you..

"Thanks.."

I am so busy these days, we never get to go out together like we used to. Lets meet up soon and take a picture together!

"Well, what about if we took one now?" Taemin said, putting down the letter besides Minho's pillow. He grabs his Polaroid camera given by Key since that guy has a large collection of cameras and climbs on Minho's bed. The bed is big enough for both of them to share, and Taemin lies down on it, right next to Minho.

He stretched his hand up, and snapped a picture of both of them in a second.

He waits for the picture to appear on the film, closing his eyes at the same time. Remembering all moments he shared with Minho. Remembering everything sweet, remembering everything bitter, too.

He opens his eyes and saw the picture in between his fingers.

He is smiling alone. Minho is sleeping.

He put the picture on the desk near him and picked up Minho's letter again.


I will pose with the sweetest smile ever when the time comes!

Taemin turns his position, resting his head on Minho's chest.

"I'm waiting for that time to come," he whispered before he fell asleep.


 

Letter 4 : Preview

"I'm sorry I broke my promise! Now leave me alone!" Taemin shouts, slamming the door as hard as he can. He broke the door knob, and Minho's heart too.





102dz.jpg
How's the chapter? How's the preview of the next chapter? You tell me okay?

This is the LINK for JongKey Pocky Moment ^^

I personally think this letter is a bit boring ._. sorry if you guys think the same too. Mianhae for the late reply. I was on vacation and not in the mood to write anything XD. So, Taemin is still cold to Jinki and the reason is unknown to you guys, but one clue is revealed. Jinki once lied. We'll get back to it soon, keke.

So, I will try to write the new letter as soon as possible.
Happy reading, and do tell me what you think of em ^^!


Love, Pynk