Letter 2 : Blue

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]

lia unnie : thx for commenting here too, unnie ^^!
euphilia : jongkey is love, keke. i think this story will have a sad flow, but jongkey is there to cheer us up ^^
forgotten_dreams : both minho and taemin are suffering right now.
kak timah : wuuu, dont cry T__T i will put more jongkey moments to cheer the readers!
starlee : its still a long way to reach the 10th letter, but we will, no worries! i promise i will finish this fic ^^
fifishawol : aww, thx a lot for liking all my fics!
night97 : thanks! here's the next chapter ^^!
bababa21 : this is actually the 10th shinee fic i wrote ^^. its one of the reason i want to write a fic with this title on 10/10/10 ^^. thx for ur encouraging comment!!

 

 



Blue

Taemin opened the window of the room slowly, letting the sunshine in. He took a deep breath before he turned to face the bedridden Minho. He smiled brightly.

"I'm wearing blue today," he said, pointing to his blue t-shirt.

"How do I look?" he asked again, still smiling.

"Maybe I should apply to be a model or something. Um, this pose is good," Taemin said again, posing like a famous model with his casual t-shirt and jeans.

He knows more than anyone that Minho is not going to answer his questions. He told himself he will never let Minho be alone, so he kept on talking to Minho as if he could talk back.

He's living in denial.

It's Taemin who is lonely. Without Minho.

"You once said that I look good in blue.." he said again as he took a seat beside Minho's bed, disappointed that he can't get to hear that sentence from Minho's own mouth. Though he understands Minho could never interact with him right now because of the condition he is in.

Taemin eyes the perfection of Minho's face. He never fails to look good, even with his flaming eyes closed.

"You really should apply to be a model, hyung. Oh, maybe we can apply together! That would be cool!" he said again, smiling. His right hand reached for the wooden box on the other side of Minho's pillow. Today is October 2, it’s time for Taemin to read the second letter.

"Taeminnie," he read the first word out loud, just in case Minho already forgot what he wrote in the second letter. However, he failed to say the second sentence out loud as his eyes read it first in advance while clearing his throat, pretending to be a story teller to Minho.

You look good in blue.

Taemin is holding the letter, his fingers trembled. Just when he had accepted the fact that he would never hear that again from Minho in the near future (since he believes Minho will wake up), Minho's letter makes him realize that he is never alone. Minho is there for him. Always.

"I know.." he replied, though he sounds more like he's whispering. His lonely heart leaps with joy, holding Minho's hand in his, and his pale lips formed a smile.

I'm looking at the picture we took together after the school's sports day. You look cute in blue. I remember how we screwed everything up on that day. Sports day that year was fun.

"Neh.."

***

 

"Why is your mobile phone not on silent mode!?" Jonghyun asked when he heard Key's phone beeping, marking the incoming of a new message.

Key ignored Jonghyun, opening the new message, hoping for it to be the next hot issue for him and Jonghyun to 'broadcast'. His eyes widened upon seeing the content of the message.

"What?" Jonghyun asked.

"I just received a new hot topic," Key replied, smiling.

"What is it?"

"How does this sound? The school's prince, Lee Taemin has finally fallen in love!" Key said, snapping his fingers in front of Jonghyun's face.

"What? Where did you get that?!" Jonghyun asked. He didn’t wait for Key to reply him and grabbed Key's mobile phone from his hand.

"Yah, give me back my phone!" Key said, annoyed at Jonghyun's act.

"This will be a hit!" Jonghyun responded after reading the text.

"Let's go to the studio!" Key said, dragging Jonghyun with him to the studio they used as DJs of the school, where they played song requests and reported various school-related news.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Taemin is walking alone to the Science lab when a few girls approached him.

"Taemin oppa, this is for you," one of them said, handing him a big box of chocolate. She looks pretty shy.

"What's your name?" Taemin asked, taking the box carefully.

"Hyunki!" the girl quickly replied.

"Thank you, Hyunki," Taemin said, giving the girl his adorable smile causing all three of them to squeal their lungs out.

Taemin continues walking towards the lab with the chocolate box in his arms when he came across the special class. He peeks in and saw Minho, the hyung he got to know a while ago. Minho is sitting alone in the class, writing an essay and he looks so lonely. He's the only student in that class after all.

Taemin glanced at his watch and noticed he still has a few minutes before his class starts. He then decided maybe he could spend those few minutes with Minho.

"Hyung!" he greets Minho as soon as he steps into the class. Minho turned and smiled when he saw Taemin.

"Why are you alone? Where's the teacher?" Taemin asked as he took a seat beside Minho.

"He went somewhere, I don't know. He must be bored teaching one student; especially a quiet one like me," Minho replied.

"Maybe I should join you in this class and talk on your behalf," Taemin jokes, and Minho's lips formed a smile. He is not good with strangers, but he is very comfortable with Taemin.

"Cheer up, hyung. You look so handsome when you smile," Taemin said, causing Minho's heart to skip a beat. What is this beautiful being doing..?

"Here! I got plenty of chocolate, let's eat them together!" the pretty boy said again, opening the lid of the box and offering them to Minho. Minho's mind started playing tricks on his eyes and he saw Taemin wearing a very cute, pink apron, trying to feed him the chocolate.

Minho swears Taemin looks like a perfect housewife.

"Hyung?" Taemin called for him, breaking the fantasy Minho was having. The older boy shook his head, cursing himself for imagining stupid things.

"Aish, what am I thinking~" he said to himself, staring at Taemin who is obviously wearing his school uniform and not a pink apron. The boy is staring back at him with his adorable face. Minho's heart is beating like crazy again, so he quickly grabbed a chocolate from the box and swallowed it in one go.

"You.. you eat it like that?" Taemin asked, blinking his eyes. Minho's heart is going to explode soon from beating too fast.

"An-aniyo. I only eat it like this to distract me from.. from.." he didn’t get to continue his sentence. He might shock Taemin if he were to tell him it's to distract himself from his weird feelings towards the pretty boy in front of him.

"You're funny, hyung. We should be best friends." Taemin said, still smiling.

Both of them were talking about random stuff while eating the chocolate when they heard Jonghyun's voice echo throughout the buildings inside the gate.

"It's Jonghyun hyung," Taemin said.

"You know them? I mean the two DJs?" Minho asked.

"Neh. Jonghyun hyung is my neighbour. Key hyung always hangs around at his house so I know both of them pretty well," Taemin replied.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Birds of a feather flock together'. That's what came to my mind when I heard about you, Jonghyun and Key. I mean, you belong to people like them. Good looking and popular. I swear I felt so left behind at that time. Compared to the three of you, I am nothing. I am the only 19 year old student left in the school, and I have no friends..*

"Pabo, hyung. How can you say you have no friends? I am your friend, since the time I offered you my friendship!" Taemin said, pinching Minho's cheek.

Usually Minho will ruffle his hair if he did that. Or he will peck Taemin's cheek. But today he didn’t do anything. He just lied there on the bed, his eyes closed.

And he still looks beautiful.

"I don't understand anything when my hyung read me 'Sleeping Beauty' when I was a kid. Now I do. Looking at you, hyung. If only you know how beautiful you are now," Taemin said, caressing Minho's perfect jawline.

No response came.

Taemin took a deep breath, calming himself down. He is missing Minho too much he can't stand watching Minho like this. How he wish all of this is just a nightmare and he will wake up soon and everything will be back to how it was.

 

 

 

***

 

 


"It's been awhile since we reported shocking news to you guys, right?" Key started.

"Key and I just received a very hot issue for us to poke our nose in," Jonghyun continued.

"What are they doing?" Taemin muttered to himself.

"Our precious prince, Lee Taemin is finally in love!" both Jonghyun and Key announced at the same time, causing Taemin to choke on his own breath.

"You got yourself a girlfriend?" Minho quickly asked, disappointed.

"No, no! I don't!" Taemin quickly replied, trying to show to Minho that the news is not true.

"Oh wait! We just received a picture of him hugging the girl! Whoever who just sent this picture to my phone, komawo!" Key's voice echoed.

"Yah! This is not a girl! He is hugging a boy!" it's Jonghyun's time to talk and he spilled out something unnecessary to everybody.

"Shut up, Jonghyun! You don't have to announce this, aish! And look at the other boy, he is so tall!"

"Look who's talking!"

While the two DJs are accusing each other on the speaker, everybody went into chaos. The members of Taemin's fanclub in his school, Taemtation, are shouting at each other after hearing the announcement. Hyunki, the secretary is pulling her hair out. The noonas in the university are disappointed knowing they can never get Taemin. Boys in both the school and the university are contented that their rival is down, and Minho is scared.

I never meant to cause a problem to you, Taemin.

"Taemin oppa!" a girl appeared in front of the class, calling for his name when she saw him.

"Oh my god, don't tell me you're dating him!" the other asked, pointing to Minho. More girls came, pointing here and there, chatting like crazy.

"He is tall too, like Key said just now!" someone shouted, and everybody agreed.

"So that's why Taemin oppa never had a girlfriend?! He's.. gay??!" a girl asked, and the rest gasped in horror.

Taemin scratch his head watching the stupid chaos in front of him caused by Key and Jonghyun. He himself doesn’t know why he is single though he received lots of confession already. But these girls already made the assumption that he is not into girls.

"Let's find the president! There's no more need for us to maintain Taemtation!"

"Yeah, he's gay! Gosh, I should have known!"

"Taemin oppa, how could you.."

"I'll resign from Taemtation!"

Taemin is eating his chocolate, saying nothing. These girls are hard to handle, so he thought explaining will be a waste of time. This is big trouble. People are accusing him of being gay. But he'll just eat his chocolate and solve the problem later.

"He's just a friend," Minho piped in. His deep voice shuts everybody's mouth.

"Have you guys no shame, coming here and accusing other people without any proof? Yes, I am the boy in the picture, and he hugged me. As friends, what is wrong with that?"

Everybody was silent, even Taemin. All of them are now staring at Minho.

"Taemin, go back to your class now," Minho said, giving Taemin a slight push on his shoulder.

"But, hyung.."

"Go now," Minho said without looking at Taemin.

"Hyung.."

"I'm busy," Minho replied as cold as ever. That cold act of his angered Taemin a bit so the boy stood up and walked off with his box of chocolate.

"I hate you guys," he said when he approached the girls, leaving all of them in tears after that.

"I will never talk to him again, so you guys better stop accusing him," Minho warned the girls when Taemin left. His deathly gaze scared them so everybody scattered away.

Trust me, I never meant to ask you to leave. I love talking to you. I am very comfortable with you. But I don’t want you to hate me for ruining your reputation in the school.. Though I wasn't sure yet about my feelings for you at that time, I was sure I didn't want you to hate me..

 

***

 

 

"Taemin,"

Jinki pats him on his shoulder, but Taemin didn’t turn back.

"What are you doing?" Jinki asked him as he took a seat beside Taemin.

"Reading his letter,"

"I see. Have you taken your breakfast?"

"Will do after this,"

"Why are you being cold to me, Taem?" Jinki finally asked the question he had always wanted to ask.

"I don’t like people disturbing me when I'm reading.." came in Taemin's honest reply.

Jinki sighed before getting on his feet. He pats Taemin's shoulder once more and left the room. It seems like Taemin is not comfortable with him around. Before he left, he hands Taemin a bottle of milk.

Taemin eyed the bottle closely. He still remembers the day he offered Minho to share his milk.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 



"Hyung!" Taemin called for Minho the moment he saw the tall boy. Minho however decided to ignore him and walked to his class alone.

Taemin who had forgotten what happened the day before ran after Minho. When he reached the tall boy, he offered him his bottle of milk.

"Want some?" he asked, smiling brightly.

"I don’t drink milk," Minho replied, not looking at the younger boy.

"Because you're tall already?"

"Yes,"

"Cool, hyung,"

"Why are you following me? Go to your class,"

"Hyung, why are you so angry..?"

"Listen here. I don’t want to be your friend," Minho said the sentence clearly, hurting Taemin at the same time.

"Hyung.." Taemin called for him, not knowing why Minho's sentence just now hurt him so much.

"I'm going now," Minho said and he was about to leave when Taemin grabs him by his wrist.

"I.. I heard you're participating in today's school marathon.. Good luck," Taemin said and he left, letting go of Minho's wrist.

I feel like killing myself when I saw your sad face at that time. I know I already apologized ten years ago. But I still want to apologize again. I'm sorry. I'll treat you five bottles of milk later, okay?

 

***

 

 

Taemin and his classmates were sitting in the corner of the field, chatting with each other.

"Why didn’t you join the marathon, Taemin?" one of them asked.

"I don’t feel like running,"

"And you can wear casual clothes to school!" someone else said.

"Uh, yeah.." Taemin actually enjoyed his popularity, and how he is allowed to do things other students can't.

"I heard the special student is participating this year,"

"Yeah, but he'll never win,"

"Why?" Taemin asked, interested in the conversation, though he is still hurt by the way Minho treated him this morning.

"He's weak. I think he looks unhealthy, maybe because of the accident last year,"

Taemin nods his head and kept on listening to his friends talk about the marathon when suddenly Key's voice echoed through the school field.

"All the participants are approaching the school gate!"

All eyes including Taemin's are now at the school gate, anticipating for the winner when suddenly Minho steps in, and he looks so good when he's running Taemin is amazed for the first time.

"It’s Choi Minho, the student from the special class!" Jonghyun said after he grabbed the microphone from Key's hand.

"He's our winner for this year's school marathon!!" Key shouted.

"Omo, Minho hyung won!" Taemin jumps on his feet.

Minho who is the type who never wanted to lose is very satisfied with his winning, especially when he knows most of the students thought he would never win. He throws a punch into the air and he saw Taemin running towards him. The boy looks so happy, he is smiling so brightly, Minho knows Taemin is happy for him.

"Hyung!" Taemin shouts as he jumps onto Minho when he approached the tall boy. Minho forgot about his intention of ignoring Taemin and he hugs him close to his chest while Taemin wrapped his legs around Minho's body like a koala.

 

 

 

 

2minkoalahugbackwardsby.gif

 

 

 

** check out the video link in my rambles down there, ne!

 



"The girls from Taemtation are now gasping in horror," Key said on his microphone, causing a big laughter from the boys.

Only then Minho and Taemin broke off their hug. Both of them are now blushing like hell.

"The secretary is pulling out her hair again," Jonghyun said, and another big laughter came.

"Uh.. hyung, mianhae. I shouldn’t have done that," Taemin said as he bowed to Minho. He was about to leave when Minho reached for his hand.

"I'm sorry.." Minho said, and Taemin's lips formed a smile.

"I'll forgive you if you treat me to a bottle of milk after this," Taemin replied.

Suddenly,the president of Taemtation grabbed the microphone from Jonghyun and announced the disbanding of the fanclub. Some of the girls agreed with her decision, they clapped so hard.

"I'm sorry," Minho said again when he realizes the koala hug just now had just ruined everything.

"It’s okay, hyung. I don’t mind the club at all," Taemin replied with a smile.

"Attention, attention! Song Hyunki, the secretary of the disbanded Taemtation has something to say!" Key's voice echoed through the field. The girl clearsed before she started to speak to the audience using Key and Jonghyun's microphone.

"I don't care if most of the members of Taemtation stop loving our precious Lee Taemin. But I find Taemin's relationship with Minho oppa very beautiful. I think we should make a new fanclub for them!"

Much to Taemin and Minho's surprise, most of the girls cheered to the announcement. The crazy situation continues with girls suggesting the name of the fanclub, like MinMin, TaeHo and 2MIN.

"Suddenly I am as popular as you are," Minho chuckled.

"Yeah, you better thank me, hyung," Taemin responded.

"Taemin, I forgot to tell you something,"

"What is it?" Taemin asked, blinking his eyes twice.

"You look nice in blue," Minho said, ruffling Taemin's hair.

The school was crazy with crazy clubs founded in it. But I miss my school life so much. So many things happened but the best moment was when I met you. You're very special, I can't tell you how hard I fell for you, Taem. Oh, you really should wear blue more often.

 

***


Taemin poured the mineral water into a glass. He took a sip, just to wet his throat. He turned to face Minho again, and he smiled.

"I wish you could tell me again how I look like in blue.."

To be continued..


 

 
Preview :

"What?" Taemin choked on his orange juice upon hearing the two DJ's conversation.

"You didn’t know yet? Minho likes Hyunki," Key responded.


Rambles

Dear readers,
This update is longer than the previous letter, but I am not satisfied with it I don’t know why. Please let me know what you think of it. I'm so sorry if it's boring !!

Anyone spotted the koala hug moment XD?? Yes, it's this one XD! Keke. If you think the gif I uploaded up there looks weird, it's because whoever made it is doing it backward, so it looks like .. that.. XD! Keke.

Yesterday I sit for an examination called 'English for Academic Purposes' and the topic brought up in the paper is VERY interesting so I'm going to bring it into this fic. So the ending for this fic is already changed ^^! Well, not really 'changed'.. It's still the same, but how it happened is different. I will keep the 'topic' to myself for now. Will only tell you guys when the right letter came to you readers ^^! Maybe the seventh letter. Or eighth..

Don’t just leave! I'd like to know you guys opinion on the second letter ^^.

Till the next update,
Pynkfaery