Why Do You Have To Be So Rude

Why So Rude

                “I could kill you Kris.”

                “Aw baby you don’t mean it.” Kris said, holding his partner’s hand as he lay on a hospital bed, breathing heavily as the sweat drenched his forehead.

                “No seriously, I can.” Tao breathed heavily. “You made me fat, y and upset for 9 months you son of a . This pain I’m going through is your fault!”

                “But you were the one who said it was fine not to use a !”

                “Since when do you ever listen to me?!” Tao snapped, loudly as a sharp pain sliced through his belly and he dipped his head back.

                “Wanna hear something funny? That’s the same sound you make when I…”

                “Shut the up Kris.” Tao groaned.

                “Alright Tao it looks like it’s time, are we all ready?” Dr. Zhang Yixing came in with a clip-board and several nurses on hand. Dr. Zhang is the best gynaecologist in town (Kris should know, they both went to college together) and also the only gynaecologist who could withstand Tao’s terrible mood swings.

                “Oh god I can’t wait for this ing baby to be ripped out of me.”

                “Now sweetie I don’t think that’s…”

                “Do you know how much PAIN I AM IN?!!??” Tao screamed as he gripped Kris’s hand so tightly.

                “I think my right ear does.” Kris muttered.

                “Would you like your husband to be here for the delivery?” the doctor asked.

                “No, get him away from me. This is all his fault!!” Tao shook his hand off and tried to actually swat Kris away as if he was a fly.

                “But baby don’t you want some support?”

                “I can handle this,” Tao breathed. “If your mother can give birth to 75 kilo 6 foot tall idiot I can give birth to a baby.”

                “Hey, that’s a little…”

                “Now now Kris, we’ve been through this before,” Yixing put a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “You better wait outside. It won’t be long.”

                After being chased out by his hormonal, fierce and dilating husband, Kris waited for the news of their firstborn child. He was fine with whatever gender the child would be, he knew that child will be precious and treated like a princess. Kris is nothing if not insanely rich (him being the heir to a multi-billion dollar company and all) and he swore that this baby of his would never have to lift a finger in all her life. Or his.

                “Congratulations Kris!” Dr. Zhang came out with a big smile on his face. “It’s a boy.”

                “Oh god,” Kris could feel his heart pounding in his ribcage. A boy. Oh boy oh boy oh boy. “Can I see him?”

                “Come on in.” Kris rushed in and saw a beautiful sight. Tao, with tears on his face, cradling their son. Their baby boy. Crying, snotting, hairless and .

                “Oh Kris,” Tao sniffed, evidence that he has been crying throughout the whole procedure. “He’s so beautiful. He’s just beautiful.” Kris came forward and looked at their son. With his small, unopened eyes, small hands and feet and even smaller fingers and nose, Kris had never seen anything so beautiful. Except Tao, but Tao during his pregnancy stage is nothing but a monster.

                “Tao,” he kissed his partner’s forehead. “He’s gorgeous.”

                “Isn’t he? Oh thank god he takes after me.”

                “Yes he does.” Kris smiled as he kissed his son for the first time, and once more his husband. “You are incredible for doing this.”

                “I couldn’t have done it if it weren’t for you.” Tao sniffed. “FYI, I am not letting you touch me for a while.”

                Kris could care less. From now on, his baby boy will be given everything.

*******************

                Luhan is his name. The name means ‘morning deer’ or ‘deer of the dawn’ because Tao insisted that he looked like a little fawn, with his long eyelashes and cute nose. He was also born at dawn, and Kris couldn’t think of any other name to fit his baby boy except for Luhan.

                As Luhan grew up, he was given everything a child could ever wish for. He was dressed in the most expensive of clothing (Tao insisted), fed the best and freshest ingredients flown from every corner of the globe (except caviar, Luhan thinks they look like rabbit poo), taken to exotic locations for weekend getaways and had the most expensive toys. When the kids on the corner street had a bike, Luhan had a bike signed by Lance Armstrong. When the kids had a race car, Luhan had an actual race car sitting in the garage of their family owned race track, just waiting for the day he would be old enough to drive.

                Kris lavished heavily on his one and only son. Top of the line clothing, education, toys, vacations…you name it and it was given. So you can imagine how Luhan’s tastes must be like, and it confused and flustered Kris when a 10 year old Luhan had a sudden infatuation with another 10 year old kid from across the street who was *dramatic gasps* a commoner.

                “Daddy you should have seen Sehun today! When we were playing at the playground, he shared his half-eaten ice cream cone with me!” Luhan gushed over the dinner table, kicking his feet excitedly.

                “Why did you have to do that? I could have bought you a whole ice cream cone. Heck, throw in the truck and the guy as well.”

                “But daddy, that won’t be fun!” Luhan pouted.

                “He’s right; the fun is in sharing the ice cream, not the ice cream itself.” Tao patted his little boy on the head. Luhan smiled back at Tao.

                “Sehun even gave me a little flower that he picked up from the streets! It was so pretty and had yellow petals and a little leaf!” Luhan smiled brightly, his teeth showing (or whatever teeth that was there at least). “Unfortunately I dropped it by accident and it fell into the gutter.”

                “Good, that flower was probably dirty.”

                “Kris!” Tao wanted to throw a fork at his husband. “It was a gift!”

                “If I don’t have the flower Sehun is going to be very mad at me! Daddy, can you get it for me?” Luhan pleaded.

                “Of course baby, I can get you roses, carnations…”

                “I don’t want those, I want the one Sehun gave me!”

                “But sweetie it’s just some random flower from the streets,” Kris scoffed a little. “And it fell into the gutter. It must be washed away by now.”

                “But DADDY!!!! I WANT THAT FLOWER!!!” Luhan begged.

                “No means no Luhan!” Kris put his foot down (or his fork, whatever). He instantly regretted doing so as pools of wet tears started to form in Luhan’s eyes and they were on the verge of spilling over like an overflowing dam.

                “WAHHHHH!!!! DADDY DOESN’T LOVE ME ANYMORE!!! SEHUN IS GOING TO HATE ME!!! NOBODY LOVES MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!”

                “Now look at what you have done!” Tao snapped at his insensitive dumb husband (for a man who makes millions he sure has a couple of screws loose). “Can’t you see that our baby boy just wants to make his friend happy?” he carried Luhan in his arms and soothed the crying child.

                “But it’s just a cheap…”

                “Get the flower Kris.” Tao narrowed his sharp eyes.

                “But…”

                “GET. THE. FLOWER.” Tao’s voice raised up.

                “Tao baby…”

                “KRIS.”

                “Fine.” call him what you want but Kris is so whipped in his marriage (which makes sense, Tao is a martial arts instructor and he can whip anyone, especially eggs and dumb CEOs). After dinner, the father of a very sad and desperate child went to the playground and lifted up the metal cover of the gutter. He got down and stuck his long arm in as Tao hovered a torch light over him.

                “Did you find it?” Tao asked.

                “I don’t know. All I know is I smell something funky.”

                “Quickly daddy!”

                “I’m trying.” Kris grunted as he manoeuvred his hand through some sticky, icky, disgusting mush of what Kris hoped is just mud and he lifted his hand up.

                “Oh god please tell me it’s here so I don’t have to do this again.” Kris begged as he gagged at the smell. Tao sifted through the mush and found a little yellow flower in the midst of it all.

                “That’s it! That’s the flower!” Luhan dug his hand in and grabbed the flower. “Daddy found it!! Thank you daddy!!”

                “Don’t mention it. Seriously. Ever again.”

                Luhan skipped around with his dirty hands holding an equally dirty flower. Kris got up and wiped his arm off with a wet towel. “Seriously, who is this Sehun kid and what does he see in him?”

                “It’s just a little puppy love, don’t stress out about it.” Tao said, helping him wash off the dirt.

                “He got me to bend down through the mud and dig up a flower! Are you kidding me?! All for some grade schooler who’s probably still his thumb.”

                “Luhan is still his thumb.” Tao rolled his eyes. “Stop doing that.”

                “Doing what?”

                “Turning into a control freak. We’ve talked about it; you cannot control Luhan’s life. He’s getting older and he needs freedom. You cannot keep this boy in the closet forever.”

                “If he starts liking this dude we are going to have a serious talk.”

                “You had a crush on me when you were around his age.” Tao said.

                “Did not.”

                “You faked injuries with a bandage and a red pen and asked me to kiss your boo-boos.” Tao glared at him.

                “I told you I fell off a bike.” Kris insisted.

                “Yeah, and I told you I wasn’t going to marry you.”

************************

                Kris had hoped Luhan’s infatuation for that skinny little common boy would have faded off when he was going into high school. But it didn’t. In fact, it only got worse. Luhan insisted that he be transferred to the same high school as Sehun (even if he could afford the best private schools), ride the bus to school (even when he could be chauffeured in a Rolls Royce) and even wanted to do *dramatic gasps again*sports.

                “Daddy, I’m actually good at soccer!” Luhan bounced the ball on his knee. Kris hated the fact that his beautiful, porcelain baby boy was going to do urgh sports and get himself all sweaty and messy but Kris had to admit that he was very good. Even Kris himself was a basketball player in college and was glad that his son was so active. He hired a personal soccer coach to help Luhan on weekends, except Luhan insisted his friend come and attend the class as well.

                Kris remembered the time Luhan first introduced Sehun to him. They had just started high school and Luhan explained that Sehun was scared of Kris because he looked scary and fierce (Tao had a good laugh at that). To be honest, Sehun was rather good looking. He was tall (taller than Luhan) and had a sharp jawline and defined eyes. Kris could understand the infatuation. Tao, on the other hand, not only understood, he also got involved in the infatuation.

                “If I had known how handsome Luhan’s friend is I would have gotten to know his mother and had them engaged when they were 10.” Tao gushed as he watched his son and Sehun share a dessert across from them.

                “You’re joking right?” Kris prayed.

                “Not really.” Tao answered.

                Sehun was so nervous the first time the family had dinner together. He stumbled over his words and stuttered a lot. Kris thought he had a speaking disability until Luhan kicked his father under the table and explained that Sehun had a lisp.

                The dinner was going pretty well and Kris was actually impressed with Sehun. Despite a couple of mistakes, the boy carried himself well and he seemed to have made Tao happy but most importantly Luhan as well. Until…

                CRASH

                SPLASH

                DING

                BUMP

                BOOM

                The boy is like a bull in a china shop. He broke a Ming Vase, knocked over a Renaissance painting and let the family parrot escape from its cage. Kris was furious, over half a million dollars of damages in one night! He kicked Sehun out (really, kicked) and told the young man to never darken his door again.

                “Daddy I cannot believe you did that!! Why are you embarrassing me like this?!” Luhan threw a fit after the way his father threw Sehun out.

                “Ask your friend who broke my vase and let Polly the parrot out!”

                “It was an accident!”

                “Good, so he’ll learn not to make any more and upset other rich people.”

                “Daddy you are so rude!! I hate you!!!” Luhan stomped and stormed upstairs, slamming his bedroom door in the process. Tao tried to go after his son but was shut out. He ran downstairs and yelled at his husband. “Now look at what you did! He hates us now!”

                “He’s a teenager. He hates everyone!” Kris threw his hands up in the air. “Except Oh Sehun apparently.” He mocked and pulled a face. The maids and servants tried to clean up the mess and ran out to catch Polly.

                “I want you to go upstairs and apologize to your son right now.”

                “For what? I didn’t do anything wrong!”

                “You shouldn’t have kicked someone out just like that! How would you have liked it if my father had kicked you out after I first introduced you?” Tao argued. Kris sighed heavily. He didn’t get around to apologizing, but the next day he did tell Luhan he was allowed to invite Sehun back anytime.

                “Oh daddy I love you thank you!” Luhan hugged his father tightly with a big smile on his face. Kris loved that smile and was just happy to see his baby boy smiling again.

****************************

                “Luhan, when is your handsome boyfriend coming over?” Tao teased. Kris stiffened at the name as Luhan blushed heavily.

                “Sehun is not my boyfriend!” Luhan dropped the ball he was kicking out in the yard.

                “I didn’t say Sehun but since you called his name…” Tao smirked and laughed at his son’s even more embarrassed face. “When is he coming over?”

                “Tonight, we’re supposed to do our science project together. Can he stay for dinner?”

                “Of course sweetie.”

                “Thank you appa!” Luhan smiled as he ran off to call Sehun. Kris glared at his husband and mouthed. “Why did you do that?”

                “Do what?”

                “Invite him for dinner! That boy had dinner with us last week!”

                “So? The boy ate last week, he has to eat today. Besides they are going to be late doing their projects they might as well eat together.”

                “Oh please just look at what you are doing! It’s like you want them to be start dating!”

                “Well…” Tao paused and looked like he was actually contemplating the idea. Kris dropped his jaw in horror.

                “Tao!!”

                “What? You have to admit that Sehun is the best out of Luhan’s friends. There’s Minseok the captain of the football squad,”

                “Fails almost every class.”

                “There’s Baekhyun the class singer…”

                “Way too much sassiness.”

                “There’s Chanyeol the team’s mascot…”

                “Creep.”

                “There’s Kyungsoo from math class…”

                “Nerd.”

                “And Joonmyun from the honour roll…”

                “Straight.”

                “So you can see that Sehun is the only person you can approve of!” Tao exclaimed. “Plus they have been friends for such a long time. I know that if I were to trust anyone with my boy, it would be him.”

                “Yeah, but what if he breaks him?” Kris sneered and Tao rolled his eyes. “Just because he’s a little accident prone doesn’t mean he’s going to break an actual living human being.”

                “You never know that! Luhan is like a…like a…like a china doll!” Kris was obviously referring to the fact that despite Luhan’s anatomy the boy looks like he belongs on the cover of a Japanese manga.

                “You worry too much.” Tao rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time at his ridiculous husband. The doorbell rang and Tao pushed him. “That’s Sehun. Go answer the door.”

                “Why me?!”

                “Just do it!!” Kris went over reluctantly and answered the door. “Good evening sir.” The young man most talked about in the house greeted.

                “Come on in Sehun, Luhan is expecting you.” Kris let him in and called for his son. No response.

                “I think Luhan is taking a shower.”

                “Oh that’s okay, I can wait.” Sehun smiled and sat on the couch. Kris shrugged and figured he had better try to actually like this kid. “Can I offer you anything to drink in the meantime?”

                “Um, some juice would be fine.” Kris got up to the kitchen and looked around for some juice in the fridge. “Hmm, I wonder where the juice is.”

                “It’s behind the cheese sir.” Sehun called from the living room. Kris dug out the cheese and lo and behold, there’s the juice.

                “How did you know the juice was behind the cheese?”

                “Oh, um Luhan and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I was the one who put the juice behind the cheese.”

                “You went grocery shopping with Luhan yesterday? Why didn’t the servants do it?” Kris queried.

                “Luhan likes grocery shopping. He likes eating the free samples.”

                Ugh, such a commoner thing. Kris rolled his eyes. “And my husband let him?”

                “Yes sir.”

                “God, that’s probably because he likes you.” Kris groaned as he handed the boy his juice.

                “Perhaps you’ll learn to like me too sir. He he.” Sehun joked.

                “Shut up.” Kris poured himself a shot of vodka.

                “Sehunnie you’re here!” Luhan bounced down the steps and into Sehun’s arms. Kris poured himself another shot of vodka. “Daddy is dinner ready?”

                “Ask your appa. The sooner it’s done the sooner we can say bye-bye.”

                “Daddy!!” Luhan kicked his father. “Don’t listen to him, he’s just kidding.” He told Sehun. “Let’s go listen to the new Justin Timberlake CD!”

                “You have a copy? Isn’t it supposed to be out tomorrow?”

                “JT knows my dad! He even signed it for me!” Luhan gushed and the two rushed upstairs. Kris could hear the sound of something bumping against the staircase and he heard what he thought was another crash.

                Three shots of vodka it is.

                Dinner was bearable. Kris could not keep his eye off his son and Sehun. He eyed their every movement and narrowed it every time Sehun moved a little too close to Luhan. Tao poked him with the end of his fork.

                “Stop doing that it’s creepy!”

                “I’m just trying to make sure they don’t do anything wrong!”

                “I’m trying to have a nice dinner so stop ruining it for me and eat your damned peas!” Tao poked him again and Kris had to stop doing that. He lifted his head up a nanosecond later and saw Sehun wiping something off Luhan’s chin. “Hey hey hey no touchy-touchy at the dinner table!”

                “Daddy…”

                “Stop it Luhan, just listen to your daddy this one time. He’s getting cranky from all those shots of vodka.” Tao rolled his eyes and Kris tried to pretend nothing happened.

                “Erm, maybe we should tell them.” Sehun whispered. Or at least he thought he did. Kris’s wolf-like ears picked up the sound and he whipped his head up and glared at them.

                “Tell us what?”

                “Er, maybe we should wait until dinner is over daddy.” Luhan said.

                “Tell us what?”

                “Gee appa the chicken is lovely today.”

                “Tell us what?”

                “I love the setting today.” Sehun gushed and whimpered when he saw Kris’s eyes trained on him.

                “Tell us what?” “Kris! They already said they would tell us after dinner.” Tao poked him again. “Eat your dinner first.”

                “Fine.” Kris looked down at his plate. Tao held up a hand with all fingers outstretched. 4,3,2,1…

                “Tell us what?” the whole table groaned in unison and Luhan put his hands up in defeat. “Fine daddy I’ll tell you now.” He sighed and took Sehun’s hand in his. Both parents held their breath and stared at them.

                “Sehunnie and I are boyfriends now. He asked me to go steady with him last week.” Luhan smiled brightly and gripped Sehun’s hand tightly. Kris gasped loudly and Tao buried his face in his hands.

                “Oh my god,” Kris groaned.

                “Oh my god!!!” Tao cheered, jumping up and down in his seat.

                “This is a nightmare.” Kris threw his fork aside.

                “This is a dream come true!!” Tao got out of his seat to hug his son and his son’s boyfriend. “I knew it! You two are just too cute together! Oh I am so happy for the two of you!”

                “Daddy,” Luhan sat down slowly, watching his father’s contorted face in frustration. “Are you okay with this?”

                “Let me decide after a couple more shots of vodka.” Kris raised his hand and called “Fred! My vodka please!”

                “Don’t listen to your father; I’m sure he’s happy.” Tao smiled at the two. The vodka bottle arrived and Kris pulled out the top and just chugged it down. The whole table watched him chug down a few gulps of the heavy liquor.

                “How do you feel sweetie?” Tao asked.

                “99 bottles of beer on the wall…” Kris sang as his eyes closed shut.

                “I think you’re good.”

****************************

                Kris was learning to get used to the fact that his son and Sehun are dating. He tried to pretend the couple were not there most of the time. He ignored Sehun at dinners and avoided being in the same room with them. Once, he caught Luhan and Sehun kissing in the living room and according to Tao, he fainted on the spot and had to be sent to the hospital. When he awoke from his slumber in the hospital, he told Tao he had the best dream ever. “I dreamt that Sehun and Luhan broke up.”

                There was one time when that dream came close to coming true. One day Luhan came back from school, furious and exasperated. He slammed every single door he went through and stomped so loudly the glass started to shake. “Er, honey is everything okay?” Tao asked.

                “No everything is not okay! I hate Oh Sehun! I hate him so much!”

                “You do?” Kris whipped his head and widen his eyes.

                “Yes I do daddy! I don’t want to talk to him ever again! I caught him kissing Monica from our history class!”

                “Oh sweetie I feel so sorry for you.” Kris sympathised. Not really.

                “Luhan baby, maybe there is a reason behind it…” Tao talked to his son but Luhan just threw his arms up in anger. “I don’t want to talk about it!!” he stormed upstairs and slammed the door.

                “Aww my poor baby,” Tao sighed. “I bet you must be happy.” He sneered at Kris.

                “What are you talking about? Can’t you see my son is upset? I would never want to rub salt in his wounds.”

                “You?” Tao scoffed. “Please, do you think I was born yesterday? You are obviously pleased that Luhan and Sehun had a fight.”

                “Well, now that you mention it a few merits come to mind.” Kris pondered and tried to stop the grin on his face. Nope, nothing is working.

                “You are such a rude bastard.” Tao shook his head in disgust. The doorbell rang and he ran straight away to answer it.

                “Hello, is Luhan home?” Sehun asked as he stood outside.

                “He is, but I’m afraid he’s very upset at you.” Tao sighed.

                “But I was trying to explain myself! I didn’t want to kiss Monica; it was Monica who pushed herself on me!”

                “Why don’t you take the story to someone who cares?” Kris said, holding the door. “Kris!!” Tao protested as the door slammed in Sehun’s face.

                “I cannot believe you did that! That is so rude of you!”

                “Better him than me, at least my china and son are safe.”

                “I don’t believe this! Who is this man that I married?!” Tao ran upstairs to talk to Luhan as Kris rolled his eyes. He didn’t care about this ; all he knew was that Sehun was gone.

                That night, while the whole family was asleep (at least the parents were trying to, Luhan was still crying in his sleep), Sehun crept back into their backyard and tossed stones on Luhan’s window. The thumping noise woke everyone up and Kris groaned at the sight he saw below.

                “Sehun!!” Luhan jumped in surprise as he opened the window. “What are you doing here?!”

                “I came to apologize and I’m not going anywhere until you accept it.”

                “Shhh! You’ll wake my parents up!”

                “Too late, we’re already up.” Tao yawned as he opened the window and a very grumpy Kris poked his head out. “You better do good job or you’re going to get stones thrown at you from above.”

                “Okay,” Sehun whipped out a small ukulele that he had been hiding behind his back. He strummed the first key and started to sing Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are.

Oh, your eyes, your eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Your hair, your hair
Falls perfectly without you trying
You’re so beautiful
And I tell you everyday
Yeah

                “Oh, it’s beautiful!” Tao gushed. Kris curled his lips in disagreement. “Are you sure? He sounds like a cat trying to take a bath.” “Shut up its romantic! Let’s go inside and leave them alone.”

                “Are you serious?” Kris eyed Tao and Tao nodded. “Yes. If you don’t come in now I’ll start playing by myself.”

                “You wouldn’t.”

                “I’m a yoga master. Do you think there’s any part of my body I can’t reach?” Kris shut the window and went back in to play with Tao.

                “Sehun, it’s beautiful.” Luhan cried tears of happiness as he listened to the song (which sounds exactly as how Kris described it). “I forgive you!” (and he had better, or Sehun was going to sing again). “Can you get up here?”

                Sehun, who is better at physical activities than vocal ones, climbed up the walls using the tree closest to Luhan’s window. He climbed up and once he found himself at level with Luhan’s beautiful face, he leaned in to capture those beautiful lips with his. Luhan pulled him in and the two teenage lovers fell back on Luhan’s bed, kissing every spot imaginable. That night, Sehun discovered that only Luhan can elicit some of the most beautiful sounds he has ever made from his lips.

                Kris woke up the next morning in a very good mood. Tao was sore (no need to ask why) and Kris felt like he was walking on the moon. He forgot how good Tao actually was in bed and how flexible he really is. He skipped down the hall on his way to wake Luhan up for breakfast.

                “Luhan? Luhan, time to get…HOLY !!!!!!” Kris screamed bloody murder when he barged into Luhan’s room and found his son under the covers with another person. He screamed even more when Sehun’s head popped up.

                “Daddy!!! Don’t you knock?!”

                Now Kris was just boiling.

                He grounded his son and told him he was not allowed to see Sehun for two weeks (he tried two months but Tao gave him a glare). He also sat his son down to have the ‘birds and bees talk’ but realized he was in no position to say anything when Tao casually reminded him that they first had when they were 16 and it was in Kris’s parents’ bedroom.

                “Wow, so you guys should be happy that we didn’t get caught in your room instead.” Luhan said as Kris deadpanned. “Lucky us or else you would have caught us instead.”

                “Ew!!!” Luhan cringed at the image of his parents in bed. Kris rolled his eyes and tried to steer the conversation back. “Point is, I understand that you are ually active now, but you need to be careful. If you experience any changes with your body you let us know immediately, okay?”

                “Okay.” Luhan nodded.

                “And sweetie, we understand that you are a grown boy and you feel like you want to do everything your way but there are some things that may still be too big a burden for you to bear. You can ask us questions anytime about protection and all, we will always be there for you.”

                “Thank you appa.” Luhan hugged his parents and left the room. “I feel like my baby boy is growing up” Tao smiled a little as he sat on Kris’s lap.

                “I was just wondering why my parents didn’t throw you out after they caught us on their bed.” Kris pondered.

                “Probably because they were using yours.”

*****************************************

                That was not to say Kris didn’t try to break Luhan and Sehun up. During their senior prom, an old business associate of Kris was bringing his son to come and stay with them. Kim Jongdae’s son, Kim Jongin was a handsome man of refined upbringing. Kris insisted that Luhan take Jongin to his senior prom.

                “Daddy, I was supposed to go with Sehun!” Luhan protested the day he was told the news.

                “Jongin is our house guest and I think he would love to experience a high school prom. He can’t be stuck inside the house all this time and we have to be hospitable. Besides, you have been to every dance, event and sports meet with Sehun. Why can’t you make an exception this time?”

                “Because it’s PROM. The biggest night of our lives.”

                “You say that about every dance you go to,” Kris snapped back. “No more arguments, you are taking Jongin to the prom and that’s that.”

                Luhan would have fought back more if Jongin wasn’t so handsome and charming. Kris eyed the two of them and smiled every time Jongin said something to make Luhan laugh. Tao thought Kris was despicable, he just thought he was being really smart. This could actually work!

                On the night of the prom, Luhan and Jongin were getting ready to go out. A knock came on the door and Kris answered it. “Sehun? What are you doing here? You do realize you are not going with Luhan do you?” He’s going with someone richer, classier and better looking.

                “I know that, but Luhan said I could ride in the limo with him to the prom.” Sehun said, straightening his suit (rented). “May I come in sir?”

                “Might as well,” the father sighed. This may be the last time I will see this boy anyways. “So who and where is your date?”

                “My date is Kyungsoo, and he’s going to meet us there. He went for a last minute appointment for his braces.” “Right.” Kris shrugged carelessly.

                “So…” Sehun tried very slowly. “Just who is Luhan’s date?”

                “He’s the son of one of my old business associates.” Kris said. “He was raised in London, studied in Eaton and his hobby is playing water polo.”

                “Water polo? You swim with horses?”

                “Not that kind,” Kris rubbed his temples. “Anyways his family is here for a business trip and I asked Luhan to accompany him while he is here.”

                “Oh,” Sehun rocked on his heels. “I heard he is very handsome.”

                “Quite.”

                “Better looking than I am?”

                Kris narrowed his eyes. “In my opinion, yes.”

                “Does Mr. Huang think so?”

                “Shut up.”

                “Hey Sehun!” Luhan came down in his new suit (tailored by Gucci, what else) and Jongin was not far behind. “This is Jongin, the guy I was telling you about. Jongin, this is Sehun.”

                “Hi, I’m Luhan’s boyfriend.” Sehun made sure he emphasized that as he shook Jongin’s hand firmly. “Apparently so” was all he said as he shook back.

                “You are enjoying this aren’t you?” Tao asked him when the trio left for prom. Kris simply nodded in satisfaction. “After tonight it’s bye-bye Sehun and hello Jongin.”

                “You’re not just using him for your little business deal with Jongdae are you?”

                “I am offended that you would even say that. Who do you think my son is? A ? Some sort of object? I would never subject our son or any of my loved ones to any kind of ual exploitation for the sake of my business. I was just clearing looking out for our son’s best interest. Luhan is raised in a privileged family and I want him to receive nothing but the best, even when it comes to his partners. It’s clear that in the long run, Jongin would be a better provider for Luhan and I want Luhan to have a comfortable life.”

                “Wow,” Tao was taken aback by Kris’s stern response. “I’m sorry Kris. I didn’t know you felt that way.”

                “Apology accepted. Now run upstairs to our room and strip yourself for me.” Kris ordered as he started ing his shirt.

                Tao placed his hands on his hips. “I thought you would never subject any of your loved ones to ual exploitation.”

                “That’s for my business. This is for my pleasure. Plus, don’t act like you don’t have a .”

                “I’ll be upstairs. Don’t keep me waiting.” Tao started bounding up the stairs. He never could resist angry, dominant Kris.

                Late that night, Kris and Tao stayed up to see their son (trust me, it was not hard to stay awake). Around midnight, the limo pulled in and Kris stood up to see if Luhan and Jongin were holding hands or anything. Luhan burst through the doors.

                “Daddy, you were right.”

                “I am?” Thank god I am.

                “Remember how you said I should never settle for anyone that couldn’t give me what I wanted?”

                “Yes?” Please let this be good.

                “I took your advice and decided Jongin has got to go.”

                “Say what?!” Kris and Tao exclaimed in shock.

                “That’s right, it turns out Jongin wasn’t interested in me. He was after my friend Kyungsoo!”

                “The nerd?” Tao raised his voice in surprise. Kris shook his head in disbelief. Jongin fell for a nerd and Luhan fell for a commoner? What is up with these rich boys’ tastes? Have they learned NOTHING?! Where did we go wrong?

                “Where is he then?” Kris asked.

                “He’s still at the dance with Kyungsoo.” Luhan took off his coat. “Do you guys mind giving us a moment? I want to talk to Sehun in private.”

                “Of course,” Tao pulled Kris upstairs as Sehun and Luhan sat down on the couch. Kris pulled his arm away from Tao and crept by the landing to hear what was going on between the two. “Stop eavesdropping on them! That’s rude!”

                “Shh! I’m trying to find out if they broke up!” Whispers, exchanged words came through and then there was muffled silence. “Go out and see what they are doing.”

                “I am not spying on him!”

                “Just go!” Kris pushed Tao out as he stayed hidden. Tao poked his head out and watched for a couple of minutes. “Are they fighting? Have they broken up?”

                “No.”

                “Then what are they doing?”

                “It’s more about what Luhan is doing.”

                “What is he doing?!”

                “What I did to you in bed.”

                “Why that no good…” Kris got up to try and stop his son but Tao delivered a swift elbow in the groin and rendered Kris paralysed in his lower region for a good 15 minutes, enough time for him to drag his husband into their bedroom and softly soothed the aching region.

                With his mouth.

                Same as Luhan.

****************************

                Sehun and Luhan went to the same college. Luhan went because he could afford it and Sehun went on a sports scholarship. The couple stayed strong and even lived in the same dorm together. Kris offered Luhan a place of his own, a penthouse with a swimming pool, but then he insisted Sehun stay with him. If that was the case he didn’t bother to spend all that money on a fancy penthouse. If Sehun decided to move into a garbage can Luhan would have dragged his 3000 dollar Gucci clad over.

                “I think it’s sweet that Sehun wanted to meet us and plan something to help celebrate Luhan’s birthday.” Tao said as he poured a glass of water for him and his husband as they enjoyed the sun outside in the patio.

                “Yeah, despite all my efforts to get rid of him, he’s like a stain on an old T-shirt. You tried to get rid of it, now you just let it be.”

                “You know, I think you’re warming up to him. You’re not nearly as rude to him as you used to be last time.”

                “I am not.”

                “Am too,” Tao said. “What would you say if they decided to get married?”

                Kris laughed very very loudly at that one. “It’s not going to happen.”

                “Don’t bet on it.” Tao smirked.

                Indeed when Sehun came over, it was not about planning Luhan’s birthday party. Instead, he was trying to ask for Luhan’s hand in marriage. “I think it’s time,” Sehun explained.

                “But you guys are still in college! You don’t have a job yet!” Kris protested.

                “We won’t get married until after we graduate, and since my sports scholarship has bonded me to the national soccer team, I will be training with them once I graduate. I have also been doing some part-time modelling so I have quite a significant amount in savings.”

                “Really? How much do you have?” Tao asked. Sehun put up a few fingers in the air. Tao dropped his jaw and looked at his husband. “That’s a lot of zeros.” He mouthed.

                “But how can you be sure? Are you sure you want to settle down so soon?”

                “Mr Wu, Luhan and I have been dating for years now and I can assure you that Luhan and I are ready. There…” he paused for a moment. “There has never been a moment where I don’t look at him and thank the heavens that he is with me. I love him so much and I just want to make him happy.”

                “Oh god I think I’m crying.” Tao squealed as he rubbed his eyes. “Shut up Tao.” Kris rolled his eyes. He stood up and walked out of the room. Sehun stood up to try and go after him but Kris had already walked off. He felt terrible and Tao placed a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

                “I’m sorry Sehun, he doesn’t mean it. It’s just hard for him to let his baby boy go.”

                “I understand.”

                A few nights later, after Luhan’s intimate birthday dinner, Sehun got down on one knee and proposed to him. Luhan cried tears of joy as he slipped on the ring and said yes. All who were in attendance, many of them were Luhan’s close friends and relatives (including Jongin and Kyungsoo who were also steady) cheered in unison. Luhan’s grandparents (from both sides) kissed their only grandson in happiness.

                “Appa! Look at the ring!” Luhan held up his hand in joy as Tao pulled him into a bear hug. “Oh congratulations baby I am so happy for you.”

                “Yeah, so ing happy.” Kris muttered as he chugged down his vodka.

                “Daddy are you okay? You haven’t said a word all evening.”

                “What? Oh no, don’t mind me. Don’t mind the guy who paid for this entire evening, don’t mind the guy who raised you and gave you everything you have ever dreamed of. Just go ahead and do whatever you want.” Kris waved his bottle around drunkedly.

                “Daddy…” “Kris, sweetie why do you have to…”Tao reached for the bottle and it fell to the ground by accident, spilling vodka everywhere. The whole room watched the scene in silence as Kris took off his tie, muttered a ‘’ and left the room.

                “Daddy?” Luhan followed his father outside to the yard, where Kris slumped down on dock by the lake that he built for Luhan’s 15th birthday. When the boy came home and said he wanted a lake so that he could swim with his friends, Kris called up his contractors and work began the next day. He even bought two boats and a couple of ducks to go with it.

                The ducks died however.

                “Daddy? Are you okay?” Luhan sat down next to his drunk father, who was making small hiccups.

                “I’m fine. Go back to your fiancé.”

                “Daddy, I’m not going anywhere until I find out what’s wrong.”

                “What’s wrong?” Kris scoffed. “It began ever since you met that boy. You know I don’t like Sehun right? He’s just a commoner! He has no regal upbringing; he can’t afford to bring you to expensive vacations or fancy restaurants. You are used to being waited on hand and foot! If you marry him you will have to wash your own dishes and cook your own food! Can you do that?”

                “Daddy I…”

                “All I wanted was for you to live a comfortable life. I tried by giving you everything possible and now you’re leaving me. Soon you will be married with a family of your own and it’ll be just me and your appa, lonely in this giant house with a lake that I built for you.”

                “Dad…”

                “You’re my angel, my prized prince.” Kris turned to look at Luhan. “I swore on the day that you are born you would receive nothing but the best. Where did I go wrong?”

                “Daddy, you did give me everything I wanted, and I cannot be more grateful.” Luhan took his father’s hand. “But I need to go out and make a life for my own. I can’t always stay here with you and appa.”

                “Why not? Food is free and there are all the amenities…”

                “Dad, I need this.” Luhan gripped his Kris’s hand. “You always told me that a man has to be tough in order to survive, right? How am I ever going to learn that if you keep protecting me? I loved that you tried to give me everything I wanted and protect me, but I’m never going to grow if you keep doing that.”

                “How can you be sure that entrusting your life with Sehun would make you happy?”

                “Daddy, I’ve been in love with him since I was 10, and he has done nothing but make me happy. He’s the one, daddy. Didn’t you know appa was the one when you first met him?”

                “Well…”

                “Daddy, don’t you see that Sehun is like appa to you?” Luhan pulled his father closer. “Please don’t make me pass on this one.” Kris looked at his son closely.

                “You really do love him, don’t you?”

                “So much daddy.”

                Kris wanted to cry. His son looked beautiful. His son was finally growing up. His son was in love. How could he have missed that? After all these years, how could he turn a blind eye on that fact?

                “You have my blessings Luhan.”

                “Thank you daddy.” Both father and son were wrapped in each other’s arms. As the moon shone on the lake that Kris built for his son, he tried to turn his head so that Luhan doesn’t realize the moonlit tears that stream down his face.

********************************

                “You promised, no drinking tonight.” Tao pushed the cocktail glass away from Kris. The wedding was loud and obnoxious (as suited for young people) as the Luhan, Sehun and all their friends danced the night away.

                “I’m so proud of you today. You handed Luhan over and you didn’t make a single sarcastic comment. I think you’re accepting the fact that Luhan and Sehun are married.” Tao leaned against him and patted his arm.

                “Yeah well that’s what happens when you get your foot stepped on a million times before this. I just want my baby boy to be happy.”

                “He’s 27 now.”

                “Really?” Kris looked at Tao. “With that face?”

                “Is it my fault he takes after me?”

                “If he really does, god bless Sehun.”

“I told you, you are warming up to the boy.”

                “Am not.”

                “This is why we can’t play poker together. You at lying.” Tao stuck his tongue out. Nevertheless he kissed Kris and leaned against him.

                “Daddy, thank you for everything today!” Luhan rushed over to thank his father. His white tux was messed up due to the dancing and his hair was messy. He looked exhausted yet happy as Sehun back-hugged him from behind.

                “Thanks for everything. The music, the venue, the food, you are the best…dad.” Sehun smiled.

                “Shut up son.”

                Sehun and Luhan turned to look at each other. They giggled and skipped away merrily. Kris rolled his eyes as he leaned back into his chair. Tao rubbed his upper arm.

                “You called him son.”

                “….”

                “….” Tao simply smiled.

                “Damn it.”

A/N: This is a long one eh? LOL I hoped you guys liked it! Leave comments, subbies and upvotes if you guys are interested in any more song-inspired fics like this! If you like this, try visiting my last story

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/886731/talk-dirty-to-me-comedy-exo-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen-sulay-ot12

For more EXO fics please visit my account for more! Love you guys!!