eight

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

!! »

Word Count: 2684

 

 

A black Mercedes-Benz was parked outside of Baekhyun’s apartment complex. An old man in probably his mid 50’s exited earlier with a girl in her early 20’s, entering the building with broken neon lights across.

That was an hour ago and now Baekhyun is watching them exit, the old man driving away in his car while the girl remained on the side of the road counting her bills of money.

 

There were two lists on the mattress, one crumpled and one folded with a ripped top corner. Baekhyun couldn’t help but eye the bills in the girl’s hand and then eye the paper in his hand. It was tempting, very tempting, but he shakes his head adamant to never stoop down so low just because. There were other ways to earn money, ways that does not revolve in him spending the night with random strangers. He survived two years in college without going down that path so why give up now.

 

He sighed at the crumpled sheet of paper crossing the things bought but adding more, the list seeming to never end. His mind going haywire at the increase of the total price; what used to be $47.64 is now a begrudging total of $52.10.

 

The folded paper almost flew due to the sudden breeze that came through; Baekhyun caught it just in time. He opened and read the contents, forgetting what was written.

 

Ideal Man

Handsome Sweet Taller than me Bright smile Rich Love me & accepts me for who I am Is not afraid to fight for me Loves me wholeheartedly ♥

 

While reading what he wrote, an image of a tall handsome young man appeared in his head. Chanyeol was handsome – check. He scrunched his eyebrows at sweet, is Chanyeol sweet?

The time Chanyeol lent him his leather jacket. The times he kept freaking out because he was adamant on dropping Baekhyun off at his house and not at campus—to which he always loses because Baekhyun was just as stubborn (was that considered sweet?). Or the times he silently watched over him from a distance (Baekhyun catches him) when Yongguk is within the same area.

The memories brought a smile to his face; sweet – check. Chanyeol was taller than him – check. Bright smile… Baekhyun frowned, he has never seen him smile – skip. Rich, oh hell Chanyeol was rich, damn elites; but he shook his head because that’s not even supposed to be included. The personality was more important; cross out.

 

The last three numbers had him sigh heavily, Chanyeol was his ideal man he realized, but for the taller to fall in love with him? Impossible, all the more if he finds out his status… Pff~ totally impossible.

 

He shakes his head hard, feeling the beginning of heartache. Is he even ever going to find true love?

 

 

With the new list in hand, he folds it back and put both the pieces of paper inside his unused pants’ pocket.

 

Ideal Man

Handsome ✓ Sweet ✓ Taller than me ✓ Bright smile Rich Love me & accepts me for who I am Is not afraid to fight for me Loves me wholeheartedly ♥

 

 

 

 

♠♠♠

 

 

The cafeteria was mostly empty as majority were still in their classes. At the corner beside the floor-to-ceiling windows were Baekhyun and Kyungsoo seated at a table working on some school work.

 

“Hey Baek?” Kyungsoo begins without looking up from his listing of a white chocolate parfait recipe.

 

“Yeh?”

 

“About Team des élites Beaux--“ Kyungsoo whispers.

 

“How are you able to pronounce that?!” Baekhyun exclaims looking up from his drawing of a woman.

 

“French class—So about…”

 

“So that’s how you pronounce it.” He mutters scrunching his eyebrows.

 

“Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo hits him in the arm. “Now.. About Team E.B.”

 

“Ow!!” He rubs his arm soothingly; although light, Kyungsoo’s hit still stings. “What about them?”

 

“The reason why they now visit the café often is because of you.. right?”

 

“H-how…” Baekhyun freezes and with eyes wide as saucers screeches “huh?! No! NO! No no no..”

 

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows at him and then returns to his work. “Stop denying it Baek. As discreet as you guys are, I’m not blind.”

 

“D-does… does that mean… OH MY GOD WHAT IF YOU’RE NOT THE ONLY ONE?!”

 

“Don’t worry. They’re not idiots Baek, that part I can see. They make sure no one catches them. The only reason why I noticed is because I stand on my post majority of the time able to observe everyone.. which includes you and your heart eyes to Park Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo replies nonchalantly as if he didn’t just reveal something important.

 

“I DO NOT HAVE HEART EYES FOR CH—“ A hand harshly covers his mouth and Kyungsoo eyes him angrily.

 

Baekhyun muffles a ‘sorry' and proceeds to shriek because now his drawing has a streak of line across it.

 

“I do not have heart eyes for Chanyeol!” He whispers harshly after which earns him a knowing look from his friend. “Oh come on Soo.. It’s not like I’m the only one who has heart eyes for one of them.”

 

“So you admit you do have heart eyes for Chanyeol.”

 

“Shut up! Like I said, I’m not the only one~”

 

“What are you trying to say?”

 

“Don’t you heart eye them to?” He wiggles his eyebrows.

 

“I do not heart eye them!”

 

“Says the person who stares longingly after they leave. Kekeke”

 

“I DO NOT STARE LONGINGLY AFTER JONGIN!” Kyungsoo scream whispers, eyes widen as he realized his slip.

 

Baekhyun sits there across him with an evil smirk on his face. He then rests his elbows on the table to cup his cheeks with his hands and stare at Kyungsoo with a smug smile. “So.. Jongin~”

 

 

 

 

 

“KYUNGSOOOO!!” Baekhyun glomps Kyungsoo with a big back hug.

 

They were at the café’s backroom taking a short break as most of the previous customers have left due to the university’s afternoon break ending; Sulli managing the front. The mix Baekhyun made for the Caramel Mudslide cupcakes just entered the oven for baking before Kyungsoo came barging in tiredly looking for a seat and failing because now he was glomped.

 

“The Baek! I’m tired you’re covered in flour don’t touch me!!”

 

“Aaaawww… But Soooooo~”

 

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo sighs and rubs his forehead of the creeping headache.

 

The headache creeps faster as Baekhyun pulls away and flashes him with

Please log in to read the full chapter