forty-seven

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

► Details galore ma lovely peeps ♥

Word count: 4801

 

 

The first morning of school break in Chanyeol’s penthouse wasn’t exactly… a peaceful awakening.

 

It was a beautiful early morning, even though the sky was overcast. The sun has barely risen; its only sign was the little rays peeking through the clouds. Everything was quiet, the only sounds coming from the air condition. But as opposed to the peaceful surroundings was Baekhyun sprawled messily on the bed. It was the sight Chanyeol woke up to. Instead of the expected body beside him sleeping serenely, he was greeted by a mess of limbs – Baekhyun’s body an uncomfortable bend, his head almost off the edge, arms stretched wide on his sides, and duvet a mess of bunched up cloth on top of him.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but snort at the view, this was supposed to be him, it was he who was supposed to be a messy sleeper – he was Park Chanyeol after all, a mess of long limbs. But if Chanyeol thought his sleeping habits were a mess, Baekhyun’s was apparently messier. Although all of it he found absolutely adorable. It seems Baekhyun has settled himself in a little too fast than he thought. Not that he minded.

He was supposed to pull him in to avoid the other falling off, but before he was able to, Baekhyun wakes up.

 

 

A sleepy blinking of eyes, Baekhyun wakes up groggy; he was still feeling tired, yesterday’s events getting the best of him that he felt like he ran a marathon the whole day – then again, cooking so many dishes under Kyungsoo’s orders was a hell lot of work. He yawns as he stretches his arms above his head, completely missing the fact that he was a mess sprawled on the bed. As his head falls off the edge, he is greeted by an upside down view of the cloudy but still pretty sky. With a faint smile on his lips, he traces the clouds with a finger, mind blank but feeling full of bliss. It was a view he missed so much after all.

 

Before Chanyeol interrupted the adorable scene, he watched fondly Baekhyun tracing random images with his finger, a lovely smile on his face. His chest was tingling with warmth, delighted over the pleasant view he knew he’d be waking up to for the next coming days.

 

After a little while, Chanyeol snaps Baekhyun back from his stupor, his deep voice filling the otherwise quiet room, startling the other.

 

“I didn’t know you were such a messy sleeper.”

 

Struggling to peek from the awkward position he was in, Baekhyun sees Chanyeol awake on his side of the bed – a hand supporting his head while he smiled at him amusedly. This had him flailing; embarrassed at the awkward messy position he was caught in. Since when was he a messy sleeper?!

Due to his flailing and panic, he ends up squeaking and falling head first on the floor – a loud thud despite it thankfully carpeted.

 

“Ow ow ow ow…” Baekhyun tries to soothe the pain on his head, rubbing it with his fingers.

 

On top of him by the bed, Chanyeol laughs – completely entertained at the sudden show.

“Knew you’d fall, you okay?” He asks, and when he sees Baekhyun in pain, coos. “Aww.. my baby hurt himself.”

 

Chuckling, Chanyeol carries him off the floor and onto his lap. His fingers joining Baekhyun’s in soothing the pain off. “Good morning to you. Hopefully it’s still a good morning...” He teases, to which Baekhyun whines at.

 

When the rubbing slows down, pain now fading, Baekhyun pouts at him his own greeting. “Morning~”

This had Chanyeol kissing loudly his cheek, but then his next words left him confused.

 

“Get ready okay? I’ll set clothes for you to wear; we’re going out shopping today.”

 

“Shopping?” Alarmed at the words, Baekhyun looks at him wide eyed. Shopping? Why?

 

“You forgot your clothes, didn’t you?” Chanyeol smiles at him knowingly. “I figured since all you really had with you were the gifts and a box.”

 

“Clothes… Oh…” This had him panicking. Now that he remembers, he was too excited to leave the house that he completely forgot about his bag that had his necessities. Crap, of all things to forget. “I can just go back; you don’t have to buy me stuff--”

 

“And be separated from you again and waste time? Nonsense.”

 

Chanyeol puts him down the bed and proceeds to his closet, rummaging through to look for clothes for Baekhyun to wear. “You’re under my care for the whole break. So I’ll take responsibility of whatever you need.”

 

He sets everything Baekhyun needs in the bathroom and disappears without another word out the bedroom, leaving him utterly speechless.

On the other hand, Baekhyun was now madly blushing while he stared out the door of the bedroom – along with still feeling embarrassed for being a messy sleeper, forgetting important needs, he also finally realizes he was out of the clothes he wore yesterday – which mean Chanyeol took care of him and he wasn’t even aware; he whines embarrassedly at the thought.

 

 

 

 

♠♠♠

 

 

Breakfast was spent in silence, it wasn’t awkward but it wasn’t the comfortable silence they were accustomed to either—at least, on Baekhyun’s end. There were no cats to distract them as they were in the care of their neighbor. So Baekhyun was busy fidgeting in his seat while he ate. Despite the food being appetizing, his mind was too busy with thoughts of – I forgot my clothes, how could you be so stupid Byun Baekhyun. Shopping means going out… together… like a date?

 

On the other hand, Chanyeol was busy reading the newspaper.. at least, he tried. A cute fidgeting, pouting and with a tint of pink on his cheeks Baekhyun seated across him was too distracting to concentrate on his reading.

 

“Something wrong?” he asks. “Do you not want to go out?”

 

“No!” Baekhyun suddenly shrieks out of panic – the thought of their ‘date’ not pushing through sent him in frenzy, startling Chanyeol but nonetheless amusing him. “I-I mean… I don’t mind going out.”

“I do… date… though.” He follows with an absentminded mumble.

 

The word date had Chanyeol chuckling. He didn’t reply immediately and instead picked up his fork to pick up some of Baekhyun’s food to feed him.

“It is a date.” He confirms and laughs at the other’s wide eyes and open mouth that gave him a chance to feed him a small strip of bacon.

 

“I’ll be buying you things you’ll need that you apparently forgot.” He teases. “Along with that, we’ll watch a movie if you want. We’ll eat out, and then go to places you wish to. We’ll be staying out the whole day today unless you feel tired; don’t hesitate to tell me when you are.”

 

“That’s a date, right?”

 

Baekhyun meekly nods his head in response, feeling too giddy and excited to be able to form a coherent reply. They’re going on a date! A date! Is that how you spend dates? Ah well… Date!! -cue internal squealing-

 

 

 

 

♠♠♠

 

 

The mall they went to wasn’t the nearest from the area, instead, it was nearly an hour and a half drive despite it barely having no traffic. Baekhyun didn’t mind though, he figures it’s because the chances of being caught by fellow Éileeit Students was slim the farther the place. Add on to the fact that he’s going someplace he has never been before. The only mall he has ever been to was the one near his apartment.

 

 

The central district’s shopping center was… huge. As compared to the mall near his place this was gigantic – at least to his ala ‘tourist’ eyes. As Chanyeol drove around the area to get to the parking entrance, Baekhyun eyed everything in awe – an act Chanyeol did not miss.

 

“This is a favorite place of mine.” Chanyeol said as they drive by the mall’s entrance, smiling at Baekhyun’s awestruck expression.

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“You’ll see when we get inside.”

 

 

As Chanyeol drove through the parking lot, Baekhyun was yet again amused. This wasn’t a big deal really, they’re just entering a mall’s parking lot and all there is to see are cars cars and more cars parked next to each other. But to Baekhyun, it was a little bit of a big deal. This was his first time in a mall’s parking lot after all, since he had no reason to be here in the first place before. So despite the surroundings being bland and gray and grungy – the lined up cars, people walking to and fro, security guards making their rounds – he found it all fascinating.

 

Walking to the mall’s entrance through the parking, Baekhyun follows Chanyeol excitedly with a skip in his steps, their fingers linked tight. He giggles silently to himself as he watched Chanyeol by his side. He looked so cool to Baekhyun at the moment – beeping the car to lock, keeping his jiggling car keys strapped to his pants belt loop, double checking if his wallet is inside his back pocket, and patting his front blankly of any wrinkles while taking lead guiding them both to the automatic doors. So boyfriend.

 

He muffles his giggles with his free hand, following the other as quiet as possible. However, Chanyeol caught him a moment later, looking at him with a raise of eyebrows, then a quirk on his lips as he saw the growing tint of pink on Baekhyun’s cheeks amidst his shy smile.

 

 

Once they have entered the mall, up the parking lot’s escalators to the main mall itself, Baekhyun now sees why this is a favorite place of Chanyeol’s. At first he thought it wasn’t that big, but after passing through a narrow hallway of bathrooms and elevators at the sides and finally entering the main mall itself, he gasps silently.

 

The mall’s insides lived up to its huge exterior, if not even bigger than what it looked like outside. There weren’t a lot of people per se as compared to the mall near his area, but that’s probably because this place was say… ten times bigger than the other (Baekhyun’s mind too awed to think of reasonable comparisons). The orange-ee ambiance of the place also made it pretty and calming to Baekhyun’s eyes. He was left even more awed at the mall’s magical Christmas decorations by its high ceilings – huge giant bells and Christmas balls with scattered giant snowflakes hung at the top. At the mall’s center was the biggest Christmas tree he had ever seen that was beautifully decorated with red sparkly poinsettias – its height several feet high above the ground that reached the third level. And just in front of it was a mini band playing some classical music that ultimately added to the mall’s beautiful tranquil magical aura it radiated, adding a touch of romance.

 

“Pretty, is it not?” Chanyeol tells him as he watched an old man play the piano and accompanied by fellow elders behind playing different kinds of string instruments.

 

“Very pretty.” Baekhyun answers as he tightens his hold on Chanyeol’s.

 

They watch for a few more minutes, basking in the air of romance and happiness.

 

 

 

Their first stop was lunch. Chanyeol looks around for a place to dine in, Baekhyun’s cheesy answer of ‘anywhere as long as with you’ amusing him.

 

At first, the line of restaurants had Baekhyun panicking for a while – they all looked expensive. He was even more panicked when they checked the menus of a few – damn expensive. But Chanyeol eases his worries when he noticed him eyeing the prices worriedly, thinking that Baekhyun was just not someone who spends recklessly despite having money.

 

“Do you have your wallet?” He asks, knowing that Baekhyun was also the type to not depend on things on others. He can’t help but smirk though when Baekhyun starts patting his pockets of his apparently forgotten wallet.

 

“No? Don’t worry about it then, prices should be the last thing on your mind today.”  He pulls in Baekhyun b

Please log in to read the full chapter