thirty-one

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

► Except this chapter lol. The next chapters onwards will have as I have said in the previous.

I have yet to go home but thankfully I was able to put this chapter on draft earlier and whoot~ Here you go :)

Enjoy ♥

 

 

Word Count: 1867

 

 

“If girlfriend is girl because there is girl before friend…” Luhan adds analyzing. “…but Baekhyun ajusshi is a boy so that if we change girl in girlfriend to boy… then that makes it-“

 

“BOY-FRIEND!” The two boys shout in unison as if they just solved the hardest mystery.

 

 

It was too cute, the two boys who were now high fiving each other at their great ‘problem solving’, Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh out loud, not at all holding back causing his self to choke and cough. His feelings were mixed though – mixed with absolute warmth melting his insides at the cuteness and the fluttering of -add thousands more- butterflies at the title; the whole thing causing his cheeks to flare in reds.

 

Everyone turns silent though at the deep voice of Chanyeol. Chuckling beside Baekhyun, Chanyeol answers with a fond smile on his face as he looked at the Baekhyun in the eyes.

“He is indeed a very special friend.” And bumps his nose gently on his cheek; a silent saying that a title is not needed to label their love for each other.

 

In return, Baekhyun smiles a large grin, heart swells a thousand times more. Not at all minding the absence of a specific title because the implication of the words ‘very special’ alone, said by Chanyeol himself seeming to mean a lot more than just two simple words.

 

 

But then…

 

 

Things end abruptly at the next words Sehun uttered.

 

“So Baekhyun ajusshi is the ‘girlfriend’ giant ajusshi said he’d gift the cats to?”

 

Taken aback for different reasons – Chanyeol for the sudden reminder of what he once forgot and Baekhyun’s sudden plunge of happy feelings at the new information, they both freeze.

 

Sensing the sudden tense atmosphere, grandmother cuts in and distracts everyone.

 

 

 

 

As Chanyeol played with the kids along with the cats in the living room, Baekhyun sits down by the dining table with grandmother as he continues to watch the adorable scene fondly. Feelings now mixed with happiness and unfound jealousy.

 

“Lovely, are they not?” Grandma breaks the silence.

 

He turns to look at her and sees grandma watching with equally fond eyes the three people.

 

“Thank you.” She says affectionately as she holds out her hand to take hold of Baekhyun’s and turns to him fully, smiling at him like his grandmamma used to.

 

Confused, Baekhyun his head cutely to the side furrowing his eyebrows, eliciting a chuckle from the old lady. “For what grandma?”

 

She pats him on the cheek as she continues “For being Chanyeol’s reason to smile again. For being his reason of happiness. For returning it back.”

 

Panicked and cheeks mad red as he blushes, Baekhyun flails in denial. “Wh-what?~ No. No grandma that’s ridiculous! Where did you even get that idea? That’s too much of a praise–“

 

Grandma couldn’t help her laughter at the boy in front of her – shaking his head vigorously as he flails his arms everywhere all the while denying.

 

“Baekhyun, my dear child, it has been a very very long time since I have seen Chanyeol’s smile.” She looks at Chanyeol, who was now carrying Luhan on his back pretending to be a giant horse, watching him fondly but contemplatively. “I do not know exactly what happened but his friend’s told me that Chanyeol suffered too much pain.”

 

“Before all that, Chanyeol used to be a very bright very radiant boy. My husband, the kids, I myself included, all fell in love with him after our first meeting. His smile was so big and full of joy– My husband would even tease that he would sometimes look like a mad clown.” She chuckles at the last. “But who was he kidding, he was full of sunshine anyone would overlook such flaws.”

 

“He visited us almost every day, every chance he got. There were even times when I would end up sending him to school or he’d go straight here after. Sometimes we even wondered if he ever goes home.” Grandma’s smile was huge as she recollects the past, shaking her head at the silly memories. “Oh, that boy~ Always looking for affection.”

 

But her smile soon falters and turns into a frown, her voice filled with eviden

Please log in to read the full chapter