twenty

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Word Count: 1970

 

 

“Come over to my place. Is that okay?”

 

Taken aback at the sudden invitation, Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol if he was kidding or actually serious. Then again, when did Chanyeol ever kid.

“O-ok..” He stutters with a faint blush on his cheeks. He’s going back to Chanyeol’s penthouse. Oh my god. –cue internal squealing and possible fluff scenarios–

 

For a moment, it was silent; Baekhyun notices Chanyeol glancing at him repeatedly.

“Isn’t your place.. that way?” He wondered aloud as he pointed to the opposite direction; wondering why the taller was not turning to the direction of his building.

 

“Are you not going to ask permission from your parents first?” He asks with raised eyebrows. “Won’t they look for you?”

 

For the nth time, panic flowed through his body – permission, parents, . Excuse excuse excuse, think.

“O-oh. Umm… It’s ok. They won’t really.. care. I’m old enough to be on my own anyway.” He stutters the first plausible excuse that came to mind. And thankfully, Chanyeol did not question any further as if he perfectly understood the reason.

 

 

♠♠♠

 

 

Since Chanyeol’s squeal worthy request of Baekhyun teaching him to smile again (the memory never fails to make him flail), he had been thinking of ways to do so. Mind always filled with probable ways of doing so to the point of making ridiculous plans of ‘Operation: Make Chanyeol Smile’. However, Baekhyun just does not notice the progress he has been unconsciously doing.

Chanyeol has been learning to smile more often, at least with the quirk of his lips he is. Baby steps after all, little by little with patience. The sight of Baekhyun alone is already a reason for him to, what more his clumsy bubbly happy presence.

 

 

Baekhyun felt sleepy, he was tired of today’s events and as always, the mixed pain he’s felt drain out his energy. But as soon as he entered the penthouse, all thoughts of hitting the bed and sleeping the rest of the night away was wiped out and replaced by a sense of excited-ness; now fully awake, he couldn’t help himself from shouting.

 

“KITTIIIEEEES!!” He scrambles his way in not even bothering to wait for the owner, ignoring the beautiful cityscape view that greeted him, and immediately searches his way around of any kind of sign.

 

The sight leaves Chanyeol immensely amused and unconsciously smiling (although small it wasn’t a quirk of lips.. that was important) as he chuckled quietly (that was important too). He shakes his head as he replied, watching Baekhyun bend, turn around, bend, and crouch in search of the two cats.

 

“They’re in the bedroom.”

 

Without even waiting or a mere glance at Chanyeol, Baekhyun strides his way to the bedroom and finds the two cats adorably sleeping next to each other on the edge of the bed. He slowly approaches and quietly joins them in lying horizontally.

 

the cats’ furs that were momentarily awakened by the sudden presence, he talks to them in a hushed voice putting them back to sleep.

 

“Hello Mimi, Foofoo. Now sleep sleep. Go back to sleep.” Baekhyun kisses them each on the head and continues with hushed whispers. “I’m back~ Baekhyun’s back. Have you two been good kitties and did not trouble Chanyeol?”

 

As Baekhyun continues his random rambles talking to the two cats and slowly falling to dreamland, Chanyeol watches him from the doorway; leaning against it with the smile still on his face. Cute. And when Baekhyun has fallen asleep, judging from his now even breathing and still body, Chanyeol lies down just behind him not even bothering to fix their positions.

 

He rests his head on his arm and watches Baekhyun’s back as he sleeps, his body gently moving up and down as he breathes. When he feels sleep taking over, he rests an arm on the brunette’s waist and slowly moves closer at the same time gently pulling the brunette closer to his chest to fully circle his arm in an embrace.

 

 

The moon is high up in the sky casting moonlight into the bedroom along with the dim yellow lamp by the side of the table. Two figures sleep across the bed side by side; one with a smile on his face while the other one with a pout and a hand resting on the white cat curled while the other cat stretched near the edge.

 

 

 

 

♠♠♠

 

 

It was late in the morning and the sun has risen but hidden by a cloudy weather; too late for breakfast but early for lunch.

 

Groggy and disoriented, Baekhyun wakes up. He rubs his eyes trying to will the sleepiness away and tries to sit up. He is stopped though by a heavy weight around his waist and looks down to see what it is, Chanyeol’s arm.

 

He freezes at the realization, sleepiness disappearing fast and replaced by the rapid beating of his heart. They slept in one bed? Together?

 

Slowly turning around, Baekhyun hopes to not wake up the taller, and when he does so.. he freezes again. Chanyeol is sleeping beside him with a face so serene he may be mistaken as someone else.

Please log in to read the full chapter