Come Laze With Me

Come Laze With Me

Kibum can’t explain it but it’s a funny feeling waking up knowing it’s the 9th of December and wondering how he should face the birthday boy. Somehow, it feels a little embarrassing and awkward to look Minho in the eye and wish him a “Happy Birthday”. They’ve celebrated countless of birthdays together that it really shouldn’t be this difficult but it is. Kibum even finds it hard to plan how he should celebrate the day with Minho. What’s more, it gets slightly stressful for Kibum when Minho never fails to make his birthday so memorable year after year.

Troubled, Kibum wonders if it is even possible for him to do something that can match what Minho has done for him this year. And as he stares unhappily at the birthday boy who’s sleeping beside him in bed, Kibum concludes he can never do enough to make Minho as happy as how Minho made him on his birthday.

“Did I kick you in my sleep again?”

Even though it is Minho's voice Kibum is hearing, Minho’s eyes remain closed, his lips barely moving, that Kibum has to blink twice before it occurs to him that Minho is actually awake and talking to him.

“What?” Confused, Kibum asks as Minho rolls over to his side so that they end up lying in bed facing each other.

“I can feel you staring at me, Bum.” Minho adjusts his head on the pillow and makes himself more comfortable on the bed, “What did I do this time?”

Kibum laughs soundlessly, “You didn’t kick me last night... but you are hogging the blanket.”

“That’s actually part of my plan to get you to come closer...” Minho casually replies before he blindly reaches forward and tries to feel around for Kibum, “Why are you so far from me anyway?”

Maybe because it’s a special day, Kibum easily gives in and moves closer to Minho.

“Happy?” Kibum asks as he snuggles closer and pokes Minho on his cheek.

Minho shakes his head, “You have to do so much more to make me happy, Kim Kibum.”

“What can I do for you today then?” Thinking out loud, Kibum questions both Minho and himself.

Minho finally opens his eyes and looks at his boyfriend with an amused expression.

“Cute.” Minho ponders out loud.

“What is?”

“You.”

“Me?”

Minho nods before he asks with a smile, “Are you being especially nice to me because it’s my birthday?”

Embarrassed, Kibum looks down at Minho’s collarbone that is exposed by the loose neckline of his white t-shirt and gets distracted for a moment as he thinks of trailing kisses there before he mutters, “Maybe...”

Minho’s smile widens, “Kibum ah...”

“Hmm?”

“I’m happy.”

Kibum looks up and creases his eyebrows in confusion.

“Just being with you… like this,” Minho says as he squeezes Kibum’s face in his hands, “I’m happy.”

Kibum shakes his head to move Minho’s hands off him as he sighs, “It’s so like you to say stuff like this. You’re making me feel guilty for always asking for something from you... Why can’t you be greedier?”

Minho chuckles, “Should I ask you for a present then?”

“You should.” Kibum is dead serious.

“But I already have all that I want.”

“Not true...” Kibum replies, “You may not know you want something until you see it.”

“Like?”

“I don’t know...” Kibum answers first before he adds as an afterthought, “Like me lying in bed with nothing but icing sugar and whipped cream covering my body, and perhaps a red ribbon around my neck?”

“Were you thinking about doing that?” Minho smirks, “Because that sounds like a pretty darn good birthday present if you ask me.”

Kibum rolls his eyes, “Please Minho, we both know that’s disgusting.”

“How would I know?” Minho blinks innocently, “I haven’t tried it before.”

Kibum gives Minho a stern look, “We’re not trying it.”

“Party pooper.”

Minho pretends to be disappointed but fails when he ends up laughing in the next moment.

“In all seriousness though,” Kibum restarts the conversation, “What do you want to do today?”

Minho yawns out loud as he stretches his limbs before answering, “I don’t know... Nothing?”

“You’re boring.”

Minho chuckles as he places his hand on Kibum’s back and urges Kibum towards him. Kibum gets the hint and allows Minho to pull him on top of him such that he ends up sprawled on Minho’s body with his chin resting against Minho’s chest.

“I don’t wanna get up.” Minho says as he interlocks his hands behind the small of Kibum’s back.

“Lazy .” Kibum’s chin digs uncomfortably into Minho’s chest with each word he says but Minho loves it, loves this closeness, loves feeling the weight of Kibum on him.

“I could lie here forever with you and I’ll be the happiest man alive.”

“Cheeseball.”

Tired of holding his head up, Kibum turns to the side, his cheek now resting against Minho’s chest and his hand on Minho’s hip.

“So we sleep?” Kibum asks as he fidgets about to find the most comfortable position since his boyfriend doesn’t seem like he’s going to let go any moment soon.

Minho nods, already letting his eyelids fall shut, as he hugs Kibum closer and hums, “Mmm.”

It’s silent for a moment, Kibum listening to Minho’s steady breathing that he’s almost dozing off himself, until he remembers something and tilts his head up to look at Minho sleepily.

“Minho?”

“Hmm?”

Kibum stretches his neck up just enough to press a kiss on Minho’s chin before he mumbles, “Happy birthday love.”

Smiling with his eyes still closed but forming crescents, Minho lowers his head and blindly returns a kiss on Kibum’s forehead.

“It is, already.” Minho answers, voice sounding so warm that Kibum can feel how content Minho actually is, “Thanks Kibummie.”

It’s times like this Kibum finds himself looking at Minho and realizing how much he actually loves this man. It’s at random, seemingly insignificant moments but it’s always the little things that remind Kibum why he wants Minho to feel how loved he actually is.

This will not do, Kibum thinks, Minho deserves so much more. And he’ll make sure his boyfriend gets all the love in the world on this special day. Kibum can’t do it alone but he knows who he can trust to help him out. Just wait till tonight; he’ll have everyone at the concert venue make Minho’s birthday an epic one.

 

Author's Note: and cue all that shinee particularly Kibum did to celebrate Minho's birthday that very same night~ ^^;;