Reunion

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 29

Reunion

 

It was weekend, and still too early to be up, according to you. It was just eight am. But you were used to getting up early, because of Ki Joon.

You sighed deeply as you pulled the covers down. The sun was up, and the strong sunrays entered your room through the curtains. You needed to take a shower, and get dressed.

Your best friend was finally coming back home from America today, and you were going to pick her up from the airport with Taecyeon. You were excited for today, and managed to get yourself up.

You took slow steps to the bathroom, and rubbed your eyes, tiredly. Then you stepped inside the bathroom, and had a warm shower.

You brushed your teeth in the shower, and used a moment to just relax under the soothing warm water. You definitely got refreshed after your shower.

The house was still silent, when you stepped out of the bathroom with your bathrobe on. You walked to Ki Joon’s room, and slowly opened the door, and stuck your head in. Your eyes wandered to the bed, and he was still asleep, hugging his Tigger closely.

A small smile formed on your face, and you sighed softly. The joy that filled your heart, when you saw him sleeping couldn’t be described with words.

Your heart somehow felt lighter. Your morning would always get better just by looking at his sleeping angelic face. You walked down to the kitchen to make coffee.

Just when you took the first step into the room, you stiffened, and stared out. You nearly screamed, but managed to suppress it. You stared at Yongguk’s .

“Why are you up so early?” He asked.

His tone was low, and husky. His voice always got much deeper in the mornings, which always caught you by surprise, because he already had such a deep tone. You wondered how his ocean deep voice could become deeper.

However, you were unable to move. You stood still, and began to breathe deeply. He had morning hair. You thought he hadn’t heard you. But somehow, your presence got revealed.

His thick locks were messy, and tangled, flying off in different places, but it still looked effortlessly perfect, and smooth. Your eyes seemed to travel from the top of his head, and down.

His neck was so long. You were envious. Your eyes followed the deep line in his spine, and down to the hem of his sweatpants.

You gulped hard, when you spotted his black boxers, that peeked out, because his sweatpants hung down too low on his hips.

Why in the world did he walk around like that in the house as though he still lived alone?

Then he spun around, and finally faced you. You could swear that your heart dropped in an instant, when he stared right into your eyes.

Suddenly, you noticed him stiffen. Yongguk froze, when he noticed that you were wearing a bathrobe.

“Aren’t you getting too comfortable?” You asked with raised brows.

His eyes wandered down your body, and you saw a small grin appear on his face. You felt your face heat up now, and you crossed your arms.

“I could ask you the same thing, Kwon.” He said.

His tone was low, gruff, and deep. You blinked a couple of times, and felt baffled as you hadn’t expected those words.

“I’m not .” You fired back, way too quick before even thinking about the fact that it was true.

“Aren’t you?” He asked with doubt in his tone, and his eyes flickered to your cleavage.

However, his gaze stayed there for a mere second. His eyes wandered quickly back to your brown eyes, and you breathed deeply. He cleared his throat.

You gazed down, and you realized that beneath that thin gown, you were actually . Instinctively, you took a step back, and tightened the robes around you.

“You are getting too comfortable, Yongguk.” You said.

You noticed that he continued doing what he was doing, which was making breakfast, instead of going upstairs to get dressed.

He seemed unfazed by it, and he was back in front of the hot stove. He was only wearing a pair of grey sweatpants.

Didn’t he care that you were there? Why didn’t he go upstairs to get dressed?

He suddenly let out a low chuckle. He flipped the pancake on the pain, and you stared at it. He was actually making pancakes.

He didn’t reply you, and instead he walked off, opened the fridge, and took out a cold-water bottle. Then he pulled the lid off. His eyes were suddenly back at you as he took the first sip.

Your eyes moved down to his lips that were so voluptuous. He gulped, and his adams’ apple moved up and down, and your eyes stayed there for a second too long.

“Where is Ki Joon?” You asked in a small tone, and you gazed back into his sharp eyes.

“Asleep.” He replied, nonchalantly, and turned around once again to flip the pancake.

He placed the bottle on the counter, and his broad, and lean back faced you once again. You breathed deeply, and bit on your bottom lip.

He was so toned, and lean. He really had zero ounce of fat on his body. He was all ripped. You watched how his shoulder blades moved as he flipped the pancake.

“Aren’t you going to get dressed?” You asked.

“Why, and what about you?” He asked, and you felt your face heat up further.

Yongguk tilted his head to the side, and eyed you closely. His eyes wandered down to your exposed legs.

He could see your glistened skin that indicated that you had showered, and your body was still wet.

You cleared your throat, and walked up to him. He breathed sharply, when you stopped beside him, and you eyed the pancakes, almost examining it.

Did he try to over win your pancakes, which Ki Joon loves. You crossed your arms, and leaned over, inhaling the sweet aroma.

“Hmm.” You hummed with closed eyes.

The sweet fragrance filled the kitchen, and you mentally drooled. It seemed like he had finally learned how to make proper pancakes.

Yongguk stared down at you, and you kept your eyes on the delicious pancake. It looked so good, and you wondered whether it would taste good too.

“It smells so good.” You cooed.

But Yongguk was quiet.

“You smell pretty good too.” He said, and your eyes wandered up to him.

“Huh?” You mumbled.

“I said.” He cleared his throat, and took a step closer to you.

You stared at him, unable to move, or even flinch, and blink your eyes although he moved closer to you. He slowly moved down to you, and your body tensed up. You felt your muscles in your shoulders tense.

You could smell his aftershave that lingered in the air around you. It was such a strong, and manly scent. He stood so close that his bangs tickled against your forehead, and you kept in your wanted gasp.

“You smell good.” He finished, and his breath fanned your face, making your heart race faster.

You took a step back, because your heart began to race fast, and you didn’t want him to hear how your heart raced madly. You didn’t want him to discover that you were actually getting affected by him.

The uncanny feelings creeped inside you, and swarmed around your heart, making your heart act odd, and wobbly.

“Go get dressed.” He said in a firm tone.

It sounded like an order. You narrowed your eyes slightly as you stared into his dark eyes. You wouldn’t let him boss you around, like he often did.

“You should get dressed too.” You fired back.

“I can walk around shirtless, Kwon.” He said, and you gasped, feeling baffled.

“No, you can’t.” You raised your tone.

“You can’t walk around in just a bathrobe, Kwon.” He snarled.

Then you moved back, and he fixed his posture, and clenched his jaw. You kept going back, and forth, arguing.

You walked off, and you could feel his eyes on your back. You opened the fridge, and reached out for a cold bottle of orange juice.

Then you opened the cabinet to reach out for a glass, but froze, when Yongguk suddenly reached out for it instead. You pulled back in an instant, and gazed up.

Yongguk placed the glass on the counter, a bit too hard as you heard the sound of the glass hit the stone counter.

He leaned down to you once again, reaching your eye-level, and this time he had a fierce look, and his eyes seemed darker.

“Kwon Sera, don’t walk around in this house.” He repeated, and you furrowed your brows.

“I am actually not .” You said.

He breathed sharply, keeping his eyes up. “Then are you dressed underneath that gown?” He asked, and you stiffened.

“Um.. I.. well. No.” You admitted, and you stared at his chest.

Your eyes followed the words that were tattooed on his chest. Viva la revolucion. 

Your eyes seemed to be traveling further down, and you noticed the mole he had on his side. You hadn’t seen that before.

His tattoo filled out the entire space on his chest, but he wasn’t tattooed around his s, thankfully. It probably would have hurt more, and you shuddered at the thought.

His tattoo is quite beautiful, so meaningful, and yet hot. Wait, what am I thinking? I never used to think this way about tattoos.

“Sera.” He breathed deeply as he stared into your eyes.

“Didn’t it hurt? It’s the biggest tattoo you have on your body.” You said, and you kept your eyes on his tattoo.

Suddenly, Yongguk slammed the door to the cabinet, and you flinched. Finally, your eyes wandered up, and he was breathing heavily.

“Okay. I’ll get dressed.” You breathed out, and hurried out of the kitchen.

“I thought you didn’t think of me as a woman.” You muttered with a low scoff, thinking he didn’t hear you.

“What are you then, a potato!” You heard him yell.

You didn’t get why he got so mad. You muttered a bundle of cusses on your way to your bedroom. You stormed inside your room, and groaned.

~❋~

Time passed by, and you were finally dressed. Yongguk could annoy you so much at times, and make you so frustrated. You wanted to shake him up.

By the time you went back downstairs, it was passed ten am. Ki Joon was already up. You heard him, and Yongguk talk in the hall earlier.

However, the kitchen, and living room area was empty and quiet. You didn’t know where the two boys had gone, and you had to leave in a bit.

You sighed, and clutched onto the strap of your bag. You had to inform Yongguk that you were going out now.

You walked off, and searched for the boys in the place. You randomly opened the door to Yongguk’s studio, and you stared at the sight in front of you.

The two boys were seated in front of Yongguk’s desk, and they were eating pancakes whilst listening to relaxed music.

You cleared your throat, and Yongguk finally spun the chair around, and faced you. His eyes wandered up, starting from your legs. He clenched his jaw as his eyes wandered up, and to your face.

“Look. She is dressed.” He scoffed.

You grabbed the first thing you caught nearby, which was a book from his bookshelf, and you tossed it at him.

Yongguk’s eyes widened, and he quickly caught the book. Damn his fast instincts, that book should have hit his head.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

You stared back at the kid, who was busy playing with the iPad, and eating pancakes to even notice your presence.

“Good morning, Ki Joon.” You said softly.

“Good morning.” He piped out cheerfully in a loud tone, and you smiled.

Yongguk was suddenly in front of you, he grabbed your wrist, and pulled you out of the studio, and closed the door quickly.

“I asked you, where are you going?” He repeated.

You gazed up at him, and he was finally dressed. Well, he wore a shirt now, but it was a sleeveless one. Why did you even care?

“My friend is coming back today. I am going out to pick her up with Taecyeon.” You explained, and suddenly his face became hard, and stoic.

“With Taecyeon?” He repeated, and you nodded.

“Why?” He asked.

“Taecyeon is also Soomin’s friend.” You explained, and he breathed deeply.

“When will you be home?” He asked.

“I actually don’t know. We will be going out. Can you take care of Ki Joon?” You asked.

Yongguk stared into your eyes silently, not moving, and you blinked your eyes a couple of times, waiting for a reply. Somehow, he seemed stiff like a statue.

“Is that okay?” You asked once more, and in a softer tone.

“I haven’t seen my friend in a long time, Yongguk, and I-”

“Yes.” He cut you off, and you stared at him, and smiled widely.

“Thank you for helping me out.” Your eyes beamed, and he stared into your eyes with a blank look.

“Who says I am helping you? I love to spend some time alone with just Ki Joon, and I.” He said, and the smile you had on your face quickly faded.

“What does that mean?” You asked, and you didn’t intend to look upset, but you felt your heart drop to your guts at his cold confession.

Yongguk froze, when he saw you get quiet.

“Kwon.” He breathed deeply, but you stared into his eyes with an empty look now.

“Whatever, Yongguk. See you later.” You said, and you turned around, and walked off.

You stepped out to the yard, and luckily, Taecyeon was already there in his car. He rolled the window down, and waved at you.

“Kwon.” Yongguk called out from behind, and he was standing at the doorstep.

But you ignored him, and quickly got into the car.

“Sera.” Yongguk yelled this time.

You pulled on the seatbelt, and fastened it. Taecyeon stared out at Yongguk, who was clearly yelling for you, and then back at you. He furrowed his brows.

“What’s wrong?” He asked in a worried tone.

“Just drive.” You said, and Taecyeon immediately drove off, and out of your neighborhood.

There was a long silence in the car, and you stared off at the passing buildings, and people. Taecyeon didn’t utter a word. The silence filled the air around you.

Taecyeon patiently waited for you to speak up. He was a good friend for doing that. He always knew, when you just needed to clear your mind. He never forced the words out of you.

But Yongguk’s words echoed in your mind, and you couldn’t get them out of your head, because you didn’t know what he meant. You were zoned out in your thoughts.

Did he still hate the fact that you had Ki Joon together?

Because you were happy with it. You didn’t mind it anymore. You were glad that Ki Joon could have Yongguk in his life. You were glad that you were raising Ki Joon together with Yongguk.

It was like a blessing in disguise. You didn’t regret agreeing to just adopt Ki Joon with Yongguk. But you didn’t know what he felt about it.

Did he still wish he could have Ki Joon alone?

Taecyeon suddenly cleared his throat, making you snap to reality, and you realized that you were soon at the airport. You had been quiet for way too long.

It must have been boring for him to sit in the silence next to you. But also frustrating now knowing what was wrong with you.

“I’m sorry.” You said in a small tone, feeling bad for ignoring him for minutes.

“It’s okay. Are you okay?” He asked, and you nodded.

“Did you have a fight with Yongguk again?” He asked, and you shrugged.

Taecyeon inhaled sharply, and breathed out loudly. You knew that signal, it meant that he was pissed off. You closed your eyes for a second, and breathed deeply.

“Who does he think he is to constantly fight with you, and hurt you? I am going to turn this car around now.” He snarled in a deep tone.

You had a tired look in your eyes. You knew he would start this. You just didn’t want to deal with another argument.

“No, you will, Taec.” You said and breathed deeply. “My fights with Yongguk are between him and I. It’s not anything serious either, so please don’t curse him out.” You added, and Taecyeon stole a glance towards you, and the car came to a halt at a red signal.

“Sera.” He breathed deeply, staring intently into your eyes.

You pursed your lips, and he groaned deeply, making you look at him. You hadn’t seen Taecyeon act this way before.

Usually, he would let things slide once you tell him to stop. However, this time you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was far from done.

It was evident that Taecyeon wanted to say much more. But he refrained, clearly, because of you, and he breathed sharply to calm down.

“I don’t want to ruin my mood. Soomin is coming back, and I can’t wait till I see her.” You explained, and he nodded.

“Of course, pumpkin. Let’s not talk about it, then. I don’t want your day to be ruined.” He said, and then he gazed out the windshield, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Thanks.” You said in a small tone, almost quietly.

You turned your look back to the road, but you felt his eyes on you, and turned to look at him. He looked at you, and gave you an assuring smile. You returned his smile, making the corners of his lips slightly curve up further.

“I just don’t want my friend to be upset, because of some jerk.” He said.

“Don’t call him that.. Only I am allowed to call Yongguk a jerk.” You said, and Taecyeon stiffened.

He tightened his hold on the steering wheel until his knuckles became white, and you heard him breathe deeply again. He too was getting mad suddenly, and you didn’t know why, he just wouldn’t let it slide.

“Why do you protect him so much, when he obviously keeps hurting you?” Taecyeon finally asked, and you hadn’t expected that question.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

“The first time you met him, you called him a jerk, and all things, and now, you are suddenly protecting that man, why?” He asked so fast, and you stared at him with wide eyes, feeling momentarily bewildered.

“Taecyeon.” You said in a surprised tone.

“I want to know.” He said sharply, and he hadn’t snapped at you in a while.

“Yongguk is Ki Joon’s dad, and I have respect for him, obviously. So, I don’t want you to curse him out.” You said, and breathed sharply, filling your lunges with air, and you stared into his eyes.

“Fine.” Taecyeon said dryly, and you shook your head.

“Are you also going to fight with me now?” You asked.

“No, pumpkin.” He said, and his tone quickly softened.

He breathed deeply, and ran his hand down the length of his face, and you stared into his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know why I am being this way. Let’s forget it.” He said, and he combed his fingers through his hair, pushing his bangs back, and you nodded.

“Thank you.” You sighed deeply.

~❋~

The airport seemed hectic, like it often is. A lot of people had to travel, and some came back to the country.

You waited for Soomin to come out, and you had bought flowers, and chocolate, which Taecyeon held.

There were a lot of people around you, who waited for their significant others. They held boards with names, and flowers.

“Maybe we should have made her a board?” Taecyeon said, and you hummed.

“Yeah, but I can imagine how embarrassed she would get, but we should have done that anyways.” You said, and pouted.

“But the flowers will make her happy.” He said.

“And the chocolate.” You added, and he nodded with a laugh.

“Who doesn’t love chocolate?” You giggled.

Taec laughed, agreeing, and he mentioned how you, and Soomin were addicted to chocolate, and you scoffed, but laughed, nonetheless.

You were feeling better now, because soon, your best friend would be there, and you really needed and missed her.

You couldn’t think of your argument with Yongguk or Taecyeon. You just needed to see your best friend now.

Soomin is the only person, who gets you completely, and with just a single glance, she can tell when you got something on your mind.

You had known Soomin since kindergarten, and you had gone to same schools, until you entered university, and went your separate ways.

She had decided to study law in America. It had always been her dream to become a hardcore lawyer, and you wanted to work with kids.

You wanted to work in an orphanage, and therefore studied to become a teacher. But you had your hobbies, which were painting, and drawing, and Soomin was into makeup.

Each of you had your interest, and differences, but you shared the same opinions, and music taste. You were each other’s soulmates.

Taecyeon gazed down at you as he noticed how you tipped back, and forth with an excitement that you were unable to hide. A smile formed on his lips as you were finally smiling, and looking happy again.

Then he moved his hand out, and ruffled your hair, making you stiffen, and look up at him. You gave his side a light punch, earning a low chuckle from him.

Then he shook his head and gazed out. None of you could really stay mad at each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter