Determined

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 2

Determined

 

A few days had passed since you signed the adoptive papers, and agreed to adopt this child with Yongguk, and even move into his house.

You looked around your room, and a deep sigh escaped through your lips as you packed your last stuffs.

It felt weird that you had to leave your place. You had so many memories here, and now you had to leave it.

You had shared this apartment with your best friend Soo Min, who is overseas, and studying. She would use the apartment once she comes back.

However, despite feeling sad about leaving your apartment, you were doing it for Ki Joon’s sake. That’s all that matters to you, and you had already set your mind on it. Besides, once your friend Soo Min returns, you could come and visit her.

Yongguk also kept appearing in your dreams, his words and his strong actions, how he said that you would sign the papers if you weren’t weak.

You wanted to prove him wrong. You weren’t weak, and you were ready to do anything for this adoption.

You groaned aloud, and kicked the box. In that moment, your best friend Taecyeon happened to enter your room, and see you do that. He crossed his arms, and a grin formed on his face. He laughed as he saw your temper.

“Why are you so violent?” He asked with a laugh.

You froze, when you heard your friend Taecyeon, and you quickly straightened your shirt, hair, and looked at him with raised brows.

He was standing at your doorframe, and gazing at your things. Your room was a mess, and your underwear was piled on your bed.

His eyes happened to fall upon it, and he chuckled, and quickly averted his gaze to the side. You looked at it, and hurriedly pulled your bedcover over your underwear. You felt your face heat up of embarrassment.

“Taecyeon, how many times have I told you to knock on the door?” You groaned.

He laughed, and walked up to you, and you stood still, staring into his eyes.

“You called for my help remember?” He smiled coyly.

Then he bent down, grabbed one of the box from the floor, and walked with it, out of the room. You could hear him laugh.

You sighed as he left the room, and you quickly tossed your underwear in the box, before he came back.

Taecyeon, and you finished packing the things hours later, and you finally sat down at the dining table with coffee in your hand.

You sighed deeply, you felt tired, and restless. There weren’t many days left till Ki Joon moves into Yongguk’s house. You needed to pack your things as well, and move into Yongguk’s house.

Taecyeon tilted his head, and gazed at your tired face. He made a face, and kicked your leg, gently under the table, and made you turn your gaze back at him, snapping you out of your reverie.

“What’s the matter Sera? You look so worried.” He asked in a deep, and worried tone.

You were silent as you looked down on the hot coffee, and you sighed to yourself. You slid your fingers through your dark hair, and pulled it the side. You thought about the adoption, and moving into Yongguk’s house.

You didn’t know anything about the man. But despite that, Yongguk didn’t seem like someone, who was untrustworthy, although he was rude, and cold.

Taecyeon gazed at you, and he rested his chin on his palm, and leaned forward, staring into your eyes.

He was quite worried for you, and he didn’t seem to like that you were going to live with a stranger, who’s even a man.

“Hey, you are zoning out again.” He snapped. You turned your gaze back at him, and smiled.

“I’m okay, just a bit anxious, as you can imagine.” You said, and laughed it off.

Taecyeon nodded. He could imagine how you were feeling about this whole thing. He did try to persuade you to give up on the adoption, but you were strong willed, and couldn’t give up.

He had told you to wait for another opportunity, but you didn’t want to, as your chances of adopting as a single mother is already so slim.

“I did tell you not to do it.” He said once more, and you sighed deeply.

“I know Taec, but my heart is already set for it.” You said as you met his gaze. “I just have to deal with the fact that Yongguk is there too, and we’ll be raising Ki Joon together.” You added, and Taecyeon nodded, but he still felt anxious.

Taecyeon gazed at you with a slightly blank look, and you made a face at him, and smacked his arm lightly.

“You don’t have to worry about me, oppa.” You assured, and he sighed deeply.

“I can’t help it.” He admitted, and you scoffed, and he laughed back.

“So, tell me. How is that guy Yongguk like?” He asked, and leaned forward with interest in his eyes, and they narrowed slightly.  

“If he’s bad to you, tell me right away, and come and get him.” Taecyeon said, and laughed, shaking your head, but Taecyeon stiffened, and a small smile formed on his face.

“You’re laughing again.” He said happily. “I missed your smile.” He added, and your expression changed.

You got quiet, and gazed at him with a blank look. You didn’t know how Taecyeon really felt about you, because he never made a move on you.

You saw how he got together with girls, and moved on the next one. You had always just been his friend, and nothing more.

He was really popular among the ladies, and you understood why. Taecyeon is handsome, manly, kind, and he is also a funny guy. Also, he has a lot of money, and the girls around him seem to like that.

You were over that teenage phase, having a crush on him, but you still had some sort of lingering feelings for him, a soft spot for him.

He was your first crush after all. You shook your head at his comment, and kicked his knee under the table, making him groan in pain.

But Taecyeon laughed quickly. “You’re violent again. You know, I’m pretty sure you can handle Yongguk on your own.” He said, and laughed louder this time, and nodded.

You got up from the chair, and stretched your body. “Ready to pack the last things?” You asked whilst looking at him.

Taecyeon nodded with enthusiasm, and showed you his big smile. You rolled your eyes at him, and laughed. You were used to his playful side, and those boyish smiles he gave now and then.

~❋~

The guys were loud in the living room as they played a game on the PlayStation. “Shoot him!” Youngjae kept screaming at Daehyun, to shoot the opponent in the game. Daehyun groaned in return, because he got distracted by Youngjae’s screaming.

“Come on Daehyun, you’ll get killed” Youngjae shouted as he tugged Daehyun’s shoulder back, and forth, aggressively.

“Yah.” Daehyun shouted at the top of his lunges of frustration, but his friend Youngjae was a hyper, being a pro-gamer made him that way.  

Zelo was playing with Tigger, which is Yongguk’s brown poodle, whilst he was waiting for his turn to play.

Suddenly Daehyun’s fighter was shot down, and he groaned. “Aiish!”

“I told you to shoot.” Youngjae scoffed, and grabbed the controller from Daehyun, who sulked because he lost.

“It’s because you kept shouting, and I couldn’t concentrate.” Daehyun shouted back.

“No, it’s because you at this.” Youngjae counterattacked, and Daehyun furrowed his brows.

Yongguk sat at the dining table with his friend, Himchan. “Aish, those guys are loud.” Himchan groaned, but Yongguk was awfully quiet, and in deep thoughts.

“Keep it down!” Himchan shouted to the guys in the living room.

Himchan observed his friend Yongguk as he spaced out. His coffee had become cold, and Himchan shook his head.

Why did he go through with this? he sighed to himself, and gazed at his friend Yongguk.

“Yongguk-ah.” Himchan called out, and made his friend snap back to reality. 

“Huh?” Yongguk’s head shot up, his eyes flickered out, and he had a puzzled look, as he stared at his friend.

“Why did you go through with it? Look at you, you are already stressing.” Himchan said, and sighed deeply.

Yongguk shook his head, and looked at his friend. He wasn’t really stressed, well not right now. He was more anxious, because he told you to move into his house. He didn’t really know you.

“I’m not stressed, I’m just a bit nervous.” Yongguk admitted.

“What will you tell your parents? What will you do, when they meet her?” Himchan asked and Yongguk took a deep breath.

He really had no idea. Yongguk took a sip from his coffee, but made a face as soon as he drank the coldness, and the coffee was no longer sweet, but bitter.

“It’s cold.” Himchan laughed.

Yongguk moved the cup to the side with a bitter expression on his face.

“I don’t think I like black coffee. I prefer Iced americano.” Yongguk shrugged, and Himchan shook his head whilst laughing.

“I asked you something.” Himchan quickly said, and Yongguk froze.

“I don’t know yet. My mom will probably freak out if I tell her the truth” Yongguk finally told, and Himchan’s eyes widened a bit.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to make up some sort of lie?” Himchan asked.

Yongguk gazed at his friend for a while. He didn’t like lying to his family. But after hearing about Ki Joon’s story, and what that little boy went through, Yongguk felt like he had to do anything to protect this kid now. Yongguk groaned loud,

“I don’t know.” He rested his head on the table. He felt helpless, and frustrated.

Daehyun walked into the kitchen, and saw the older guys, and froze. Yongguk looked lifeless as he rested his head on the table, and he had his arms down the sides.

Himchan was also gazing at Yongguk, feeling helpless. Daehyun shook his head, and made a sandwich for himself. Then he pulled out a chair, and took a seat beside his older friend Yongguk.

Daehyun took a bite from his sandwich, and munched on the food, savoring the taste. “Hyung, what’s wrong? Are you stressed because that woman is moving in?” He asked.

Daehyun was munching on the food, and Yongguk quickly straightened his posture, and gazed at Daehyun with hooded eyes.

“I’ve never seen you like this before hyung.” He said as he looked into Yongguk’s eyes, and there was worry in them.

Yongguk snatched the sandwich from Daehyun’s hand, and took a big bite from it. Daehyun’s eyes widened, and he groaned at his older friend for eating his food.

“Ah hyung!” He whined.

Yongguk placed Daehyun’s sandwich back on the plate, and got up from the chair. “I’ll be in my studio” He said, and left the kitchen.

The two guys stared at each other, dumfounded after the eldest friend left the room. Himchan was about to take the sandwich, but Daehyun quickly grabbed it, and took a bite from it.

“Make your own.” He said with scrunched face, and Himchan made a face at Daehyun in return.

“Fatty.” He said, and Daehyun just enjoyed his sandwich, and got up from the chair as well.

Himchan sighed and also entered the living room, and sat down with the others. They were still playing games, yelling, laughing, feeling ecstatic. It was Jongup, who was playing now, and Youngjae smacked his shoulder.

“Shoot him quickly.” He kept saying, and Jongup was trying to focus on the game, but his older friend was disturbing him.

Then Jongup lost as well, and he sighed deeply. Youngjae groaned, and smacked Jongup on his back.

Youngjae had a habit of hitting people, whenever he’s hyper. “Stop it hyung.” Jongup groaned, because of Youngjae’s beating.

Himchan sat down beside Zelo, and the younger guy looked at him.

“Is hyung okay?” Zelo asked, and Himchan nodded.

“Yongguk hyung always wanted to adopt a child. He finally got the opportunity, and then this happened. He must be pretty upset about it.” Jongup broke out, and the others agreed.

“I admire hyung’s courage to adopt a child with a woman, whom he doesn’t even know, and on top of it all, he lets her move in.” Youngjae added whilst he was looking at the screen, and playing.

“I wonder what she is like.” Daehyun said, and opened a bag of crisps.

“She’s stubborn, and crazy!” Yongguk burst out, and he was standing in front of the boys.

Daehyun was about to put some crisps in his mouth, but froze. They all looked up at Yongguk, surprised to see him come out of his studio.

Yongguk sat down on the couch and joined his friends. They wondered how you were like, since Yongguk got all worked up, because of you.

“Weren’t you in the studio?” Himchan asked.

“I coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter