I'm Dylan.

A Shattered Heart

I walked down the stairs and found Riyuu in an apron, cooking with dad. He’s off today?

“Morning, Risa! Come, let’s have breakfast together.” Dad said, pulling the chair for me. I took the seat and my eyes averted; watching Riyuu’s back. He really has a firm back and broad shoulders there. Heee…

“You are off today, dad?”

“Ah. Company has an annual for the long award service. I’m lazy to attend so I said I’m not feeling well. Well, I do actually but no worries. Not that bad. Riyuu will be around too, right?” Dad turned to Riyuu as he feed himself a portion of his rice on the chopstick.

“Oh? Ahh.. I don’t have schedules today. I think I want to get some rest and plays with Shaziya.” He said.

“I’m done. Thank you for the food. I’m going to school now.” I said and rise from my seat.

I was about to make my move out of the house, I heard Riyuu called me. I turned around and seeing him holding a small bag. “Take this with you.” He handed it to me.

I peeked into the bag and it was food. “Suddenly?”

“You were not well last night. I made something for you to fill up your stomach and take the medicine that I have packed. You didn’t know you were having fever last night?”

“No. I was fast asleep. Thanks.”

I walked along the pedestrian path and a few minutes after that, I found myself already in the school compound. At this time, Sato will appear from somewhere and greet me. But seem, he will not be around today?

“Hey hey, did you know Sato Taki is attending the same school as us!”

“What!?”

“Yeah. I saw that in one of y Zone’s fanpage! Omg, I’m so excited to see him today!”

“All this while he was with us? Seriously?! Kyaaa!!”

What?

“Hey, what it is all about?” I asked them again. Although I already know the main topic.

“Cut it all Risa, you were the one who posted about Sato Taki’s attending this school but you pretended you don’t know anything?” They asked me back. What? I didn’t do that!

“No! I could explain. Which website? Seriously I didn’t do that!”

Suddenly the hallway became crowded and the girls stormed more questions at me. And they forced me to tell who is Sato Taki in this school. I know him but I promised not to tell.

“You are Haru san’s imouto (younger sister) and you are probably close with y Zone too. You probably know a lot about them.”

“I’m not that close. I just knew them like that… I don’t know much about JE’s idols.” I said but my voice stuttered. I’m so scared right now… Somebody please lead me out of this crowd. I can’t breathe. I’m phobia with lots of people around me; and they are staring at me.

My hands are shaking and I can feel it vibrating at my lips. Please… somebody… Sato… I was searching for the way out but they never let me through and suddenly a strong hand gripped at my wrist. I couldn’t see his face as he walked from behind but then his back is facing me.

“Move…” His is still holding my hand but he doesn’t move away. The students in front of us moved away and he starts to pull me with him. I was so scared that I couldn’t manage to look straight. He brought me into the debate clubroom and locked the door.

That person turned around and switched on the lights. It was Sato… Sato Shori. I wiped my tears away and turned to him again. “Thank-than-thank-yu-you…” My legs shook so hard and I fell on my knees.

Sato didn’t run to me but he walked casually and tilted my chin with his fingers. His eyes are staring right into my eyes; glaring in anger. “Answer me..”

“Was it you?”

“E-eh?”

“Was it you, who posted the article about me attending this school?”

…..

….

….

..

..

.

“Answer me!”

“I didn’t.”

“Then what is this?” He showed an article from his cell and this time there was a picture of us together in JE and in school combined. It was updated in my facebook account and that was the fanpage the girls talked earlier.

“I could explain.” I said

“How? I trusted you so much until you stabbed me.” He stands up. “How can you explain? This is your account, isn’t it? Your name. Your profile picture. I’ve seen you use this account before. How can you explain to me that it wasn’t you?”

…. I couldn’t explain. All the proves are there. The account is belongs to me.

“I didn’t upload that. Believe me Sato. I didn’t do that..”

Suddenly both of our phone rang in sync. I got a call from Riyuu and answered his call. “I’ve warn you right? Look how it goes… I’m sure Taki got a call from his boss now.” Riyuu said. I turned to Sato and his eyes were shut.

“How could you date someone where you just going to create your name in the industry! y Zone will get the impact because of you! I need you to come to my office immediately. Now!”

That was what I heard. His boss screamed that I could hear their conversations. “I’m on my way.” He hung up the call and I get back to Riyuu.

“I’m in front of your school. Pack your things now. Don’t make me crush your classroom’s doors.” He said and hung the call as well.

I kept my cell in my skirt’s pocket and glanced at Sato. He was staring out of the window with his palm resting under his chin and his elbow rested on the wall.

“I’m sorry.. Believe me, I didn’t do that. I will never betray your trust.” I shut the door behind me and walked to my class. The teacher is talking in front as I took my seat after apologizing for being late.

The whole class turned to me and gave me one kind of stare. This gives me headache. I turned around so that I won’t get scared for their stares but then the door slid open. Riyuu entered the classroom, without disguise. Hell him!

“Sorry for interrupting sensei (teacher), I’m picking my sister up. We have emergencies now.” He said. I didn’t care what he was doing but then he walked to my table and took my bag and grabbed me with him. “Thank you for taking care of my sister all this while, sensei (teacher). Excuse us.” He said.

“I thought I have said I will never obey you.” I said.

“And I clearly mentioned that I will barge into your class if you are not going to appear in front me.” We gain attentions from the students and we met Sato along the hallway.

He looked shock when his senior is in front of him. He bowed and Riyuu let go of my hand. “I hope you won’t be contacting my sister any more. And I’m pretty sure I have told you clearly before. I do not want her to get involved in this industry.” Riyuu said.

Sato didn’t say anything but just froze in his place. “This will be your last time seeing her. She is moving to another school.”

“What?! Riyuu!”

“I already have your student cards and all the necessaries. You are transferring.”

“I….” I turned to Sato and waited for him to say something but then his eyes looked away; breaking our eye contacts. Well then… If this is the best that I could do..

“I’m sorry.” I gave him a slightly bow and raised my right hand, with the intentions to wave at him but it froze in the air.

I followed Riyuu towards the car park and he drove into the traffic. I just want him to know that I didn’t do anything. I didn’t break his trust. I didn’t upload the photos. I’m a victim. How tragic this drama can be.

“Risa! Risa!”

I turned around and saw Sato was running after us but then the car accelerated. I looked at Riyuu but he still has his furious looks; ignoring Sato who was running with all his might to catch us. I laid back into my seat and watched Sato is leaving behind through the side mirror.

It’s too late Sato Shori…. It’s too late.. Hope we do not see each other again for our own goods. Good bye…

 

We reached at the train station and Riyuu parked his car at the vacant parking lot not far from the station. He opened and took some packed things from the trunk and took out two tickets from his pocket. “Here’s yours” He said, handling me one ticket.

“Kyuushu?”

“We are going to move there with your aunt. Oh wait, not we but you. But I will be there for this whole week. I have assigned you with Takanabe High School in Miyazaki.”

“For a second while, I start to hate you again because you are arranging my life now, Riyuu. This is too much. How about daddy? He will be alone”

“He agreed with me. He will be visiting you once in a week. So, don’t worry. If he can’t stop, then I will move you to other state. That will cut everything.” He said and we hoped into the train soon when the door slide opened.

“Why did you do this? What he has done until you have to send me away? It is not like we are in a relationship.”

“If it is not, then why can’t you answer the question before?”

“Because I like him for how he is.”

“He is one and only friend that I’m very comfortable with. I’m not friendly. I don’t really have friends. They didn’t want to get close to me because I’m cold hearted. Because of someone it changed me a lot.”

Riyuu didn’t say anything. He was staring down on the floor; listening to my words.

“But Sato is different, he is shy at first but we do have good similarities. He has never given up although I have said in a cold-hearted way. That is why I like him.”

“You can make new friends in your new school. Make lots of friends so that you will forget about him.”

J. Riyuu is a really stupid person. I thought I have said to him that I’m good with what I have but he still forced me to make new friends. And I’m not a sociable person. Damn him.

I met my aunt in Miyazaki and she was happy to see me. And it was my first time to see my cousin and he is the same age as me and we are going to attend the same school starting next week. Kobayashi Dylan is his name. A cousin from my late mother’s side. My mom and his father are siblings and I have never met him in my entire life. This is my first and I was quite shock when he has a little bit of my mom’s face.

A little bit descriptions about Dylan are he is tall and his skin are not that bright, slightly tanned. Not that tall but I can say he is 168cm? Short, wavy and browned hair colour. Not sure if he coloured his hair.

“Dylandesu (I’m Dylan)” He reached out his one hand and I took with a shake.

“Risa.”

“Dylan, will you bring Risa to some interesting places and show her our favourite local food too, okay?” His mom said.

“Okay. I will bring your luggage to your room first then we can hang out.” He said and brought my bags up to my room. Riyuu sat with my aunt and they had a deep conversation. I guess they met before.

I looked around my room and I have a breathtaking view of the city since it is has past the sunset. “My room is next to yours, if you need help you can just give a knock.” He said after he sets down the bags.

“Thanks.”

Dylan resembles a lot of me. His attitude with his cold face resembles a lot. “Dylan, what is the attractions in Miyazaki?”

“The shrines and the beach.”

“I see.” I turned around and have a glance at the room again, it was decorated with girly stuffs, which I didn’t expect it has to be this cute.

“You decorated all of this?”

“Not really. Mom and I had the work done. Have you finish? Or you want to get some rest, we can start tomorrow, if you would like.”

“I’m fine. Are you going somewhere?”

“I'm hanging out with my friends tonight. We are having bon odori, Miyazaki version tonight. There will be fireworks at 9. Oh and by the way, my friends wanted to see you but if you would like to have some rest we can pursue some other day.” He said.

“I think I want to watch the fireworks.”

“Get your yukata on then. I’ll be waiting downstairs.”

“Okay. Thanks again.”