Please don't listen to him - Risa

A Shattered Heart

“I mean, Taki. Sato Taki.”

“No! He is only a friend.”

“But he is deeply into you.”

“That doesn’t matter to you I suppose because I have just said no. So, no. And now, the problem is, the whole nation thought I’m in a relationship with you.” I muttered.

“I know. My agency has been asking me about the girl who got into my car every day. But I haven’t tell them the true story yet.” He said. Excuse me?

“What? Why didn’t you tell? You have your own manager to help you with the information. Why not now? I’m tired to have people staring at me whenever I walk around.”

“I will. Soon but for now I’m busy with my work so I rarely be around in Shoka GE.”

“Shoka GE?”

“Shoka Group Entertainment. The agency which I’m working for, now”

I see… Shoka.

“Wait, Shoka? I thought you were assigned for JE? Johnny Entertainment.” I turned to him. His brows creased in amusement.

“Shoka is one of JE’s affiliates. But people doesn’t know much about Shoka because this company doesn’t really merge with entertainment industry because they are more to other kind of business. They are well known for their medicines. I heard they recruit people like me is because they wanted to try something new.”

“But how did you know they were recruiting idols like you?”

“I didn’t know at first but when I was trying to apply with JE, they did not recruit more idols or celebrities that time so they mentioned about Shoka. I went to the Shoka HQ and applied and of course I attended an audition where it was just about 50 of us were applying. Not much.”

“50? You said it was not many? That 50 went for an audition on the same day?”

“Yeah. But you know what, only 5 of us were selected and I was one of the 5. Lucky isn’t it?” He said, glanced and smiled at me.

“Then why are you always in JE’s?”

“JE is the one handle my things. All what SG did was paying and giving ideas. Shoka GE doesn’t do much. Except my manager was hired by SG but all the costumes, concerts, movies and dramas were handled by JE.”

“So you don’t mind you came from Shoka GE instead of JE originally?” I said.

“Yeah because Shoka said they didn’t want to. Just want to be on their own. Oh! Shoka is not only medicines. They have their own school in Malaysia. Somewhere near Kuala Lumpur if I’m not mistaken.”

 “I see.”

 

Yesterday I talked a lot with Riyuu and it was surprising I volunteered myself to hear his a little bit introduction about his company.

“Omo! So Haru san and J.Risa were siblings? Wow!”

“Hey, this is the first time Haru san reveals about his family for the past 3 years! And it was written that J.Risa is attending our school! Oh my I really want to meet this girl!”

Okay, I’m right behind you people…

I walked away and the rumours about my relationship with Riyuu has cleared. Slightly… but another thing came up. My classmates were asking why Riyuu doesn’t want to tell his fans that he has a younger sister and why didn’t I mention about him earlier? The answer is we cut off our communications for almost 3 years because he is a stupid human being for running away from the house just to be a singer. That’s all.

The truth is… I couldn’t tell them this.

“There’s nothing I can brag about it and I just don’t want to get any popularities. And it’s up to him whether he wants to tell or not. His choice.” I said. Okay that could make them shut their mouth for a second while. This moment is so precious. Moment of silence!

“OMG! Then, we will have our chance to send our letters to y Zone and the other JE’s! Risa please help us!”

“NO! I’m not going to help you guys with this. End of discussion.”

I left the class and walked out of the building. While I was walking around, my stomach starts to grumble and I stepped into the cafeteria. Finding myself lining up to buy some bread to fill in but then I just realised my cell phone and purse was not with me when I rummage my pockets. Oh damn!

I quickly ran back to my class and found my cell phone and purse was on the table. How can I forget my important things and left it unsecure? I’m so careless. If I lose it, dad would probably kick my out of the house. All my important stuffs and especially my ID card and Student card. Oh great!

I grabbed my purse and cell phone but then I realised the gossip group were glaring at me furiously. I thought they were giddy to ask for my help but now staring at me with those creepy eyes? Well, maybe their boyfriends rejected them.

The cafeteria was empty. Not empty, I mean no students were wandering around and suddenly my eyes caught a beautiful smile of Mr. Disturbance or his real name is Sato Shori. “Hey.”

“Hi. So, you are skipping classes too?” I asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? I want to study in the library. Wanna join?”

“Okay. Great, I need time to run away from Riyuu’s freaking fans. I really need some space from his mischievous act.” I said and we both broke into a small laughter. After we bought our breads, suddenly Sato snapped a picture of us while I have my bread in between my teeth.

“Okay, I have sent one copy to your email. This will keep us together for a while. I don’t really have a photo together with you.”

“Excuse me mister. We took like average of twice a week and that’s not enough? It has been 2 weeks we have known each other.” I said, munching through my butterscotch bread.

“That was Sato Taki not Sato Shori. We took only once when he had our break at the school field.” He said. Well, that covers up. He is right. We used to take when he is in his Taki name but not as Shori. Surprisingly, I’m not already mad at him for making his decision without asking me. Quite rare huh~ My tolerance towards his actions has increased to 25% and I don’t really care much about our selcas. Huhu.. Can it be labelled as a lucky fan?

“Sato, I want to ask you something. It’s about Riyuu.”

“Sure.”

“I heard he was not assigned with JE. Well, how did he managed to get into JE?”

“Really? I don’t know much about that and when I was been accepted, he was already a trainee and soon a few weeks after that he debuted with a single digital album. That’s all I know. The stuffs doesn’t really talk much about Haru san’s background.”

“I see…” So he’s being in his own small world all this while. His juniors doesn’t know he had a sister.

“To be honest, I was quite shock to know that you are his biological sister. He had never tell us anything about his family. Usually he will avoid the family topic.” He said again. He’s hurt? Or he is trying to cover up?

“Never ever open up a topic about how he wanted to join because of family or any other purposes.” He added. I sighed. Should I accept him now?

 

We studied in the library, towards the end of the room where we would always book our spots. The peaceful place broke with a few beeps and it was from Sato’s. “Excuse me.” He said and shifted his body slightly to his right. The light produced from his cell phone screen and his eyes widened.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Ah-er. No-nothing.” He quickly put his phone into his pocket and put on his glasses, to start reading.

Riyuu picked me up as usually after school and spotted his eyes were staring at my direction. “You could make a hole on my face.” I said. Riyuu shifted his gazes and he walked to the other side of the car and hoped into the driver seat.

“I’m-..eh?” I saw Sato wasn’t there. I mean behind me. He was with me just now. When did he disappear?

Riyuu drives with a serious face along the way but I don’t intend to ask him anything and just stares out the window with one hand clutch at the seatbelt.

“I hope you won’t be too close with Taki. For your own purpose.”

“Sorry?”

“I want you not to be too close with Taki from now on.”

“What’s the reason?”

“He is an idol.”

“Yeah. I knew that. What’s the problem?” I asked back. He just let out a heavy sigh.

“Listen, Risa. Having a relationship with an idol is not a simple work to handle. You could have been track down all day by his fans and probably some of it are crazy enough to hurt you. I just don’t want that to happen.” He said. Excuse me? He does care about me?

“I thought you don’t care about me after you decided to leave home? Since when you know how to give me orders and it is up to me whom I want to be with. And Sato is a good person. At least, he sits down and listens to my little stories.” I said and my voice merge into thin air towards the end.

Just then, I realise he didn’t turn to the place he usual send me. I’m supposed to be in JE now but we arrived in front of our main gate before I could tell him to stop at the junction to JE.

“I promised to see them today.”

“No. Home. Study. Your finals is not long away.”

“Riyuu, I understood you pursue your dreams to be a singer or whatever it is called but you have no rights to control my activities. Sato is the only one I’m very close with and you are trying to separate us from seeing each other. It is not like we are dating or what.”

“Risa, he likes you. I don’t want that. I had enough seeing idols dating then breakup. Because you are my sister, so I don’t want you to get hurt. It might not last long.” He said, he shifted his body to my side.

“That is his problem if he likes me! But I’m pretty sure I’m not!” It is boiling in the inside. Who is he? He just got my approval and now he is trying to control over me.

“Then explain to me when he kissed you that time.”

I’m speechless..

“Because…Because….” I couldn’t explain. My mind became blank.

“If you did not like him, why didn’t you reject? You just let him in. I want you forget about him. No more. Dad wouldn’t please if he knows.”

I couldn’t hold any longer…

“One thing I want to say Riyuu. I just knew what were you like yesterday. I never take you as my brother since you left and I just accept you back yesterday. A freaking damn yesterday! Sorry again, I won’t listen to you about this after you shattered a little’s heart 3 years ago. That’s it.” I hoped out of the car and slammed the door. I marched into the house and greeted by Riyuu’s Australian Shepherd; the only living thing in the house.

“Hi there…” I ruffled her head and she spread its arms and slung around my neck. “Yes, I’m home. Good to see you. Have you eaten your lunch?” I peeked at her eating spot area and there was a bit of her leftovers. Dad would have given her some before he left.

I stood up and made my way towards my room. It feels so frustrating, raging in the inside and I accidentally slammed my school bag on the bed. Who is he?

My back slid down the wall as I hugged my legs to my chest; burying my face in my laps. I didn’t realise I started to sob silently. I feel so heartbroken just because of Riyuu’s words. And I don’t understand myself about how I feel towards Sato. My minds clearly states that he is just an only friend. But my heart…. I don’t know. Suddenly, the door is cracking and it opened slowly. Riyuu’s dog peeked in and her face changed as if she understood how I feel. She rubbed her head at my right arm and hoped onto my lap; cuddling around me.

“You saw it? Sorry…”

She stayed in my lap and sat silently. She sounded sad too. “You knew how I feel?” I asked her.

She looked up and her face expression tells me how I look like now. I hugged her tightly in my arms and sobbed again. Suddenly, Shaziya jumped from my lap and took something from my bed. The bell accessories from my cellphone clinging as she handed my phone.

I stared at my cellphone blankly and she pushed my hand to do something with it. A call? To whom you asked?

“Now? Should I call him?” I asked Shaziya. She wiggled her tail and maybe she meant I should call Sato.

I dialed his number. A few seconds trying to connect but then it cut off. “He didn’t answer, Shaziya. Probably he is busy.” But it was weird when he didn’t answer my call. He usually will answer even he is busy.

I tried once again and it directed me to the voice message. I shook my head at Shaziya and her excitements vanished. She is expecting a call from Sato too? I dialed Marius’s number and he answered my call.

“Hello?” He started.

“He-hello, Marius. It’s Risa.”

“Ah yes. Why is there anything?”

“Ah. Erm.. I was wondering if… erm… Sa..to… is there?”

“Ah, he-just wait for a moment.”

Silence grew for a few seconds then he is back.

“I’m sorry, Risa. He’s currently bu-busy.” Said Marius. I see… “Would you like to send any message to him? I will send after he’s done.”

“Erm, I just would like to say sorry to him. And sorry again for breaking the promise. Riyuu wouldn’t allow me to go out that often any more. I’m so sorry.” I said.

“It’s okay. We understood. Is that all?”

“Yes. Thank you, Marius.”

“My pleasure. Hope to see you again, someday… Bye!” He hung up.

“Bye….”

I’m sorry Sato. Riyuu would probably have said something to you. I hope you won’t listen to him. Please…. Not this time… Please…