He's going to live with us - Risa

A Shattered Heart

“Calm down Risa. Let him explain to you first.” Shori patted my shoulder.

“Nothing to be explained, Sato. The answers are already there and the outcomes were already done. So, it’s over. I don’t know him anymore and I don’t want to. I’m sorry for making you listen to our sibling’s problems. Hope you don’t mind. I’m going back now.” I said, shifting my sling bag.

“No, Risa! Please. I just met you! Okay, I’m sorry.” Riyuu held my wrist, spinning my body around to face him.

“One thing that you don’t know Riyuu, about us. Mom and dad were divorced because of you. Mom originally supported you after she saw you left the house. Dad still doesn’t want to accept your decision. And now….” My voice cracked. I couldn’t say it properly my eyes started to pool and it rolls down my cheek.

“Mom committed a suicide! It was all because of you! You really want to become a singer and now what have you done was a total mess to us!” I cried, punching my fist in his chest. Sato took my hands away from him and calmed me down, pulling me in his embrace.

“I don’t want to see you anymore! Go. Go with your singing life! Don’t ever come and see us again!” I screamed and ran out of the scene. I don’t even look back whether Riyuu is going to try and catch me but I do hear footsteps running behind me and I’m trying to avoid from seeing anyone that knows me. I just don’t like that encounter and I really want to remove Riyuu from my life. If possible, my memory too.

I ended up running towards school direction. Thankful that the school is not closed yet so I can stay in the library and did some readings but then I just sat in between the shelves and hugged my legs to my chest; resting my chin on my knees. He is so desperate. A desperate freak. There is so much other way to earn money to be successful. But why he has to choose to do singing? I don’t understand.

I know mom and dad are not as rich as the president or the pharaoh but having a stable income every month is already enough but why it has to be singing?! I hate singing. Everything in music! No! Because of him, mom and dad fought for almost every night. My meals were abandoned. They were too busy talking about his decision until they forgot to ask me how was school every day. They didn’t even ask how my study is going and they never ask about my results anymore. Ruin! Everything is ruined!

“Finally I found you.” I tilted my head up and saw Sato is peeking his head at me.

“Go away.” I saw he didn’t change his clothes but he wore a pair of spectacles and his fringe are covering his bare forehead.

“Emm… Not until you feel calm.” He squished himself and sat next to me. Silence grew as I still hugged my legs to my chest and Sato is staring at something in front us.

“I didn’t know he is your brother.” He started.

“Used to be a brother.”

“You know what happened after you left?” He shifted his shoulder and faced me. I’m not interested in this topic but when he said ‘what happened’ I’m expecting Riyuu is suffering.

“Senior Haru. I mean Senior Riyuu. He fell on his knees and stared at the floor for quite a moment. I was talking to him but he didn’t give any replies and in the end he ran towards the exit door.” He said.

That’s all? He didn’t cry? Seriously Riyuu? He is not trying to get me and asks how is dad and visit mom? Damn him. But whose footsteps that was following me earlier?

“And how about your PV shooting? You are supposed to be there now. The members might be worried when you are missing.” I said, changing the topic.

“My schedule is canceled. Will be tomorrow.”

“And you dare to come out of the building without getting change? You are so brave Mr. Sato.” I said, as if I’m provoking him. He’s still in his idol appearance except the fringe is down and he wore a big spectacles.

“Hope it is fine. I will get change now. My PE sets are in my locker. Let’s go. I have a study date now. Like I have promised.” He said; standing up. I glanced at my watch and the time showed 4:15 in the afternoon. The sun has set and the night is rising. This library is closing in 45 minutes.

“Here?”

“Em.” He nodded.

“Are you nuts? This place is closing in 45 minutes from now.”

“Then we go to my place. I’m staying there for the night until the shooting is done.”

If that so, he do not need to change and just walk back to his workplace. That will save his laundry cost for today at least.

“Oh yeah, I don’t have to change since we are going now. Are we?”

He is crazy. Duhh, of course.

“Okay let’s go.”

We went out of the building and glad that it was not raining. There were no other students around so the coastal are clear. I walked casually but Sato was looking around and his eyes looked worried. It could be that he is afraid his true identity as the idol will be exposed if he get caught in school and.. with me.

Suddenly a flashlight at the bushes not far from us and I saw two female figure ran towards the school gate. “Help me to catch them! We have to get the camera!” He screamed and put on his cap and changed to a pair of sunglasses. I ran after him and one of the girl tripped.

Her friend tried to help her up but Sato was pretty fast and he got them. Soon, I’m standing next to him; panting for air. “Please give me the camera.”

The girl hesitated. “No.”

“Please give me the camera.” Sato repeated.

“But why? I want to keep them as a memory.” Sato sighed. He’s not being straightforward. I grabbed a camera from the girls and two phones from their hands.

“Hey! What are you doing?!” The girl raised immediately and Sato blocked them from getting their devices. Thank God the cellphones were not lock and I deleted the photos they have taken earlier. Not more than a minute, the photos from both devices are deleted.

“Sato, go now. I will follow you later. I don’t trust these two people here.” I said.

“But.. It’s dark. It’s dangerous for you.” He said. Oh my goodness.. Just go already…

“Just go.” He released the girls and ran out of the school compound, leaving me alone together with the two girls.

“Take these back. I’m saving him from getting fired. It’s his future.” I said, shoving the devices into their hands.

“You are so smart. We will definitely revenge on you. You know how much we love him?” One of them said.

“That’s not love. That’s threatening his work. His career. He is working to earn for a living and you spread rumours causing him to lose his job. That is not love.”

My vest pocket vibrated and I fished out my cellphone. The screen produced and a mail popped out.

    I’ll be waiting at the T-junction with a cab. 5 minutes from now. –Sato Shori-

“I’ll be going now. Good luck in whatever you are trying to do.” I said and kept my phone into my pocket. I walked faster than usual and something is following me. I can sense the hair on my skin is standing. I turned around but there was nobody. I looked to the front and walked even faster. I can hear the footsteps are getting closer but soon I found a cab near the T-junction.

I hoped into the cab and Sato was at the backseat with me. “Glad you made.”

“Somebody followed me. We have to go now.” I said. I slid down below the cushion level and the cab started to ride into the traffic. I turned around and gave a peek. I was right. There was somebody followed us. A glimpse from the car lights, it was the girl we snatched their cameras earlier.

It was 5 in the evening and I finally in the building with his other group members. Well, practically they are doing their own things while Sato and I are sitting at the dining table and study. “Today was fun.” Suddenly he spoke up.

“Sorry?”

“It was my first to get out of the building with less disguise. I nearly lost my job but we are fast.” He smiled while pressing some numbers on his calculator.

“Yeah. It was my first to run that much. Thanks to you. I got stuck in this building.” I said, sounded annoyed.

“Oh. If that happens, I will try to make you avoid from him. Don’t worry. He is not that frequent visiting this building. He’s busy with his new drama and a film now so it won’t be a problem for you to move anywhere.” He replied. How kind…

“Him? Who’s him?” One of asked. Ermm Matsushima I guess his name. Errp no, it’s Kikuchi. Okay I don’t know.

Both of us didn’t answer him because they are bringing up the topic back. How much I hate it, Sato didn’t reply him either. He glanced at me, signaling whether he should tell or not. “Just tell them.” I plucked the earphones into my ears and the MP3 player. Oh! It’s Ikemen Desu Ne’s OST. Great. I like.. The only music I have been listening for the whole time.

“WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?! THAT SENIOR?!” I heard they shouted through my loud volume music. Great… Just great. I pulled out the earphones, shoved the sets into my pocket, and turned my head, facing them.

“J.Riyuu is my older brother or what is his stage name he’s using. I’m not sure.” I said.

“No wonder you guys look alike! I thought I was having my eyes transmitting the wrong idea.”

“No. You are not.” I said. I don’t want them to ask me anything about Riyuu so I turned to Sato to help me up but I was saved once again when my dad called me. “Please excuse for a moment.” I said and walked out of the room.

“Risa, I need to talk to you. When will you be coming back?”

“I’m getting ready to go back. Why? Is it serious?”

“Pretty much. Be careful on your way back home. I can’t go out because the guest is still here.” He said. I’m wondering who is visiting us at night. He hung up the call and I walked back into the room.

“Sorry, I need to go now. My dad asked me to go back early today. I’m so sorry.” I bowed. The other members stood from their seats and gave their goodbyes with a slight bow.

“I’ll send you back.” Sato gripped my arm making me to turn to him.

“It’s okay. It’s risky for you to go out at night. They might be wandering around here.” I said.

“It’s dark outside and dangerous. How many times do I have to tell you? We can take a cab.”

“Don’t waste your money. Use it for emergency and valuable.” I grabbed my bag after I packed my books and stationeries as I walked out of the room.

“Wait Risa! I have a bike. We can go out using the backdoor exit.” I think he is Kikuchi Fuma. The long with light brown hair colour.

“Come again when you are free!” Marius waved. I bowed once again and followed Kikuchi towards the back door. He sent me back home and I thanked him for the ride.

“Sorry for causing you the troubles.”

“It’s okay. It was my first to see him so caring towards a girl and you know it was his first to bring a girl into our waiting room.” He said. “Well, we will separate from here. Send my regards to your parents.”

“Okay.” He switched on the engine and emerged in the shadow of the dark night. I closed the door behind me, finding dad was sitting with his front facing me, and I’m starring at someone’s back. He turned around and it freaks me out.

“Welcome home.” He smiled.