Mother

Stardust

Luhan opened the door, but instead of found plain and unscented room like usual, but today was not. Once he entered the condo, savory aroma hit his nostril and there only one explanation for this;

‘Mum?’

‘Oh hey Baby, you’re home?’ a cheerful voice that he did not know he missed so much until today echoed in the quiet house.

Luhan engulfed the lady in a hug which she returned warmly.

‘I didn’t know if you’ll visit,’ Luhan stated after they broke the hug.

‘Well, something came up, so here I’m,’ Mrs. Wu shrugged and back to her cooking.

‘You’re with Dad?’ Luhan asked.

He threw his bag on the kitchen counter where some of the ingredients were still there.

Michelle hummed and nodded before she lifted a spoon to Luhan, asked him to taste her cooking.

‘It’s nice,’ Luhan commented.

‘The salt is enough right?’

Luhan nodded before looked around and asked; ‘Anyway, where Juniel and Sehun?’

‘I asked them to buy so—‘

Before Michelle completed her sentences loud giggled heard from the living room and soon the sibling appeared in the kitchen.

Sehun put the grocieries bag onto the kitchen counter with Juniel tailed closely behind.

‘Everything is here Mum,’ said Juniel.

Soon four of them flocked at the small kitchen and each of them busily preparing dinner.

Luhan just finish lied down the last knife when the front door opened and closed.

‘Dad,’

‘Hey,’ Kris greeted his eldest son as he entered the house.

It was rare but very joyful dinner to say the least. What more pleasing than having dinner with the whole family and your mother’s cooking to feast? Nothing right?

That was happening right now, in one penthouse and one cozy diningroom, five members of Wu family gathered in casual dinner as they exchanged their stories while they were apart from each other.

***

‘Hey, you ready?’ Michelle cracked open her daughter’s room door.

Juniel turned her head and flashed smile to her mother who was approaching her. Michelle was wearing mini black and elegant dress; just like her usual style while Juniel currently settled herself in semi formal pants and blouse.

‘May I know why I should come with you guys?’ Juniel asked.

‘Don’t worry, we aren’t going to set up with anyone from any family there is,’

‘Mum!’ Juniel yelled in shock which Michelle merrily laughed upon seeing the shock face in her daughter’s face.

‘Seriously, don’t worry ok?’

‘Alright,’ Juniel threw her both hands over her head before tailed behind her mother.

***

‘I heard you’ll start your journey soon,’ Sehun stated as he plopped himself next to Luhan on the couch in front of TV. Both of them were left in home all by themselves.

‘Who said that,’ Luhan asked.

‘Just answer it will you?’

Luhan shrugged.

‘What will you do if you find your identity?’ Sehun asked again.

‘I don’t know yet, it just curious me when Mum seemingly didn’t want me to know everything,’ Luhan looked up to the ceiling and rested his head to the backrest.

‘You talk to Mum?’ Luhan shook his head. ‘Then how did you know Mum didn’t want you to know the truth?’

‘Just from her expression and from what I heard from Dad, you’ll know.’

‘If you find your biological parents, will you leave us and stay with them?’

‘What do you mean?’ Luhan turned to the side and faced his younger brother.

Sehun shrugged and sipped his buble tea.

‘I don’t know, maybe once you find them and they ask you to stay with them or something like that?’

‘I don’t think that’ll happen,’ Luhan diverted his attention to the TV show in front of him.

‘Why not?’

Luhan shrugged; ‘The fact that they ditched me when I was baby is still painful fact you know,’

‘Well, I suppose so though I don’t know your feeling.’

Both of them fell silence, Luhan mindlessly watching the TV show—which now already turned into cooking show and Sehun sipped his bubble tea every now and then.

‘Frankly, it still surreal that you and me isn’t blood related,’ Sehun spoke out of the blue.

‘What is it?’

‘You know, all this while people believe that we’re twin eventhough you’re older than me and suddenly it revealed that you’re not even my biological sibling, it’s hard to believe you know?’

‘Is it big deal for you? I mean we’re real sibling or not,’ Luhan inquiried.

‘I don’t know,’ Sehun mumbled.

‘The only thing I can be sure of, I won’t dump my family unless they did to me,’ Luhan stated.

‘Anyway, do you know why Mum and Dad take Juniel out for lunch?’ Sehun asked with curious tone ignoring Luahn’s statement.

‘Not sure, perhaps…’

***

The restaurant was not that fancy but it felt so homey, Juniel mentally noted. She secretly looked around her and tried to find out what her parents were up to. But apperantly her mother’s assurance back in the house was right, so far there nothing to worry about.

Another question that popped inside Juniel’s mind was; where did they need to sit? Why does this manager led them to walk this far?

‘Here Sir,’ the manager shown Kris their table.

It was an open space not to mention private one. And as soon as the manager knocked the door and opened it for them, there stood a half age lady welcome them with warm—and slightly nervous—smile.

‘Hello Mrs. Choi,’ Kris shook Mrs. Choi’s hand.

‘Hello Mr. Wu, nice to see you again and thank you for accepting my invitation,’ she said.

The exchanged short greeting before proceded to sit and ordered the food.

‘So,’ Kris began as he straightened his back and placed his one palm on top of another. ‘I think this is the time.’

Juniel who had her eyes elsewhere suddenly diverted her eyes to her father when her ears perked up.

‘Juni,’ Kris called his daughter with her nicknamed and somehow it made her nervous even more. ‘The main reason for our today lunch is to finally meet you with your long lost important person,’ Kris paused and glanced to Mrs. Choi who held a nervous expression as well. ‘Juni, here is your biological mother.’

 

Look who is back?

Yesssss I'm back!!!

Sorry for not updating such long time, there no excuse but apperantly I couldn't deal writing many stories all it once, my brain messed up and yeah I should decided which story I put on hold. But no worry, I'll updating regularly now, maybe once in 2 weeks?

Anyway, happy birthday Luhan!!!I cant believe that this cutie pie is 26 already yet he doesnt seem aging does he?