Be With You

The Last Thread Of Love

Mi Nam left his twin so that he could go back inside the house and play video games with Jeremy. Tae Kyung came out and sat beside her.

"Chukhahae, Pig Rabbit."

"Gamsahamnida, Hyungnim."

"Your pair up with Shin Woo is indeed a success."

"Ye...ye..."

Tae Kyung sensed that she was acting all right when he came in, but she seemed to sulk when he mentioned Shin Woo's name.

"Ya, Pig Rabbit, I saw your emotions during the video. Did you use the piggy nose?"

"Anio, Hyungnim....I realized it was not effective for me anymore..."

The way she said it was very sad.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked casually, and she nodded.

Then he advised her to learn yoga so that she can control her emotions and her thoughts.

"I presume you know what yoga is," he said.

"Ye, I know what it is," she replied.

Tae Kyung pursed his lips, and thought. "She knows what yoga is, but she didn't know what flirting means! Huh!"

Shin Woo passed by the kitchen, and Tae Kyung called him to come out. The guitarist came out, being obedient to a hyung.

"What is it?" he asked.

He looked at Mi Nyu, then back at Tae Kyung.

"I heard you made her laugh at the Mars' dormitory," Tae Kyung said. "What did you do?"

"Omo? I just told her scary stories."

Tae Kyung squinted his eyes and walked around him. Then, he had his back facing the door.

"So, scary stories are that effective,"  Tae Kyung told him. "I guess bringing her to yoga lessons is even better."

"Yoga?"

"Ne... since the piggy nose does not work, she needs to control her feelings."

Then he smirked at Shin Woo. "You who are so good in controlling your own feelings, could not even teach her to control her own. Such a useless partner."

Shin Woo looked at him curiously. "Oh, but I already taught her some techniques. No need to remind me that."

Tae Kyung faked shock. "Geurae? I might as well see that for myself."

"Hyungnim, Shin Woo-hyung, are you quarreling?" Mi Nyu asked.

"No, Pig Rabbit. We are not quarreling. We are only talking," Tae Kyung lied.

"Just getting on with battle of the wits," Shin Woo replied.

"Oh, but it seems that you are arguing," Mi Nyu said.

"Neo (You)! Stay out of this! A Pig Rabbit should not---"

Shin Woo and Mi Nyu were startled. Tae Kyung suddenly stopped talking and was in the state of shock.

"Leader, would you please help this ajumma bring out the packs of food that I brought home?"

"My...my !!!" Tae Kyung replied angrily as he touched his .

"My, my, Leader has such shapely behind! Aigoo! Come Leader, don't be lazy! Aigoo!!!!!" Aunt Mi Ja said before going back inside.

Mi Nyu hid her lips behind her hands to avoid laughing. Tae Kyung could not reprimand her, as he was shocked on his own predicament. The two looked at the vocalist walking in the dorm, holding his . Both of them could not help but giggle at Tae Kyung's "big " incident.

"Shin Woo-hyung, do you want to go for a walk?" she asked him.

"Ne, it's kinda good to have a walk. I think I can now manage standing for more than an hour."

Mi Nyu held his hand and led him out of the dorm.

*****

They were walking, holding hands together, and Mi Nyu smiled, knowing that, with her hard work, Shin Woo was beginning to open himself up again. She remembered what her oppa had said before he played video games with Jeremy.

Flashback:

"If you put pound a rock with a hammer, the rock will break, but most of them are large chunks. The rock in the waterfalls, meanwhile, breaks to fine pieces or even becomes sand when subjected to running water overtime. I think that is what you should do with Shin Woo.," Mi Nam said. "I sensed that you are trying to get his attention, even if he does not love you anymore. If you force him to love you again, he will even more hold on to his decision. His decision is strong as a rock, but if you break him by force, he will only get angry at you and even hurt you. But if you show him your love in kind and subtle ways, he will soften up a bit and might even love you again over time. Just be slow, but steady."

"Ye, Oppa..."

Present:

Mi Nyu held his hands and held him steady when he began to get tired. They had been walking for more than an hour.

"Shin Woo-hyung, you did great!" she squealed.

"Ne, I did," he said.

Then, they stopped at the park where he got the red maple leaf for her.

"Hyung, did you remember the maple leaf you got for me? The one I dropped in the studio?" she asked.

"Ne?"

"I still kept it," she confessed.

He did the one thing that she had been dreaming of: he patted her hair.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I..."

Then she hugged him tight. "I missed it, Shin Woo-hyung... Gomawoyo..."

He hugged her and kissed her hair. He felt his shirt wet again with tears.

"Mianhae...I made you cry again...."

"Gwaenchanhseumnida, hyung," she said. "I am just happy."

"Shall we rest? My legs are tired," he pleaded.

They settled on a bench, where she massaged his legs.

"Do they hurt?"

"Andwae... They do not even get numb anymore. Running did help."

"Geureomyeon, I want to see Shin Woo-hyung walk."

She ran to a distant tree and instructed him to walk. Shin Woo felt his legs being stretched after the massage, so he challenged himself to try to walk without support. He stood up and tried walking to her.

"Your limping...it's not that noticeable anymore!" Mi Nyu smiled happily.

Shin Woo almost fell, but he managed to keep on walking. He finally reached the tree and held her outstretched hand. Mi Nyu jumped up and down in great happiness.

"Shall we go to the lake?" he asked her.

*****

Both of them went to a place with a nearby lake, and although it was evening, the lake looked beautiful in the dark. Fireflies can be seen flying among the leaves of the trees, and some of them were flying near the lake.

"Aw...yeppeuda (pretty)!" Mi Nyu gaped.

Both of them sat on the grass. The setting sun from the horizon could barely be scene, and stars twinkled in the pinkish to bluish evening sky. Shin Woo looked at her in amusement.

"You really look like a child when you are happy," he .

She game him a smile and looked back at the lake.

"Shall we come back here tomorrow?" he asked.

"Ye... I want to come back here... I want to be..." Mi Nyu said.

"Be what?"

"Be with you, Shin Woo-hyung," she told him softly.

She leaned on his shoulder again. "Shin Woo-hyung, please don't go away from me..."

"Mi Nyu-ya....I..." he whispered to her.

Mi Nyu shed tears again. She cried so many tears and hid her own feelings just to get Tae Kyung's love. Does she have to work this hard to gain Shin Woo's feelings back?

Even Shin Woo could not contain his own emotions.

Shin Woo's POV

I tried so hard to forget you, and even did my best to act as casually as possible, but I ended up being nicer to you. I ended up.... protecting you.... I ended up.... Mi Nyu, why are you trying so much to search for the last thread which I already threw away? Please don't make me look for it as well. Please... please don't destroy my decision to leave you. Please....

Please don't make me love you again.

*****

When they got back home, Mi Nam was calling everyone for dinner.

"Seems like we got in time just for dinner," Shin Woo cheerfully told her.

She nodded at him and let him get inside. She saw that his walking had improved, and he could manage to stand for hours.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I want to see you walking straight. I want you to do that for yourself. I want you to give that to me as a gift," she thought happily.