Sleep-Killer

The Last Thread Of Love

Shin Woo awoke an hour earlier than usual the next day. He felt so sore that he had to stretch his legs.

Tea time as usual. As he idly watched his kettle, he remembered the Peter Pan play the night before. After the game, Mi Nyu massaged his legs just as he had instructed, but it was a bit painful and looked like his muscles had been stretched. His legs never felt painful when he massaged them. He felt his legs and realized that they felt lighter and more flexible.

"Hmmm...I wonder if it had something to do with running," he thought.

For the past two years, he could not stand long, and had to sit down, and when he tried to run, he still hobbled. He was always busy and sometimes had time for exercise unlike Tae Kyung who seems to include jogging in his daily routine...or in his weekly routine.

He drank his morning tea, changed into exercise outfit, and went out of the dorm for some morning exercise. He stretched his muscles first before doing some brisk walking, which he gradually increased to little hops. After ten minutes, he tried to jog even if he was limping.

Mi Nyu woke up early, as she just suddenly woke up. When she went to the kitchen, she caught a glimpse of Shin Woo running outside. She went down and went to him.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" she called out.

Shin Woo stopped and waved to her. She saw a smile when he waved, so she ran to him.

"Why are you running, hyung?' she asked.

"Exercise. I still limp, right?" he asked.

"Ye."

"But after the running session last night, my legs felt lighter," Shin Woo admitted. "I think I had to continue doing this."

Mi Nyu smiled. "I'll run with you."

"But you are still in your jammies," he pointed out.

"Oh?" was her embarrassed reply. "I'll go in and change. Then we will run together."

She went back inside to change.

*****

"Shin Woo-hyuuuung!" Mi Nyu called out with a wave.

She went to him and stopped. "Let's run together."

"You better do some stretching first."

"Oh...uh..ye."

Mi Nyu did some stretching and ran with Shin Woo afterwards.

******

"What are they doing?" Mi Nam asked himself. He saw the tandem running around. "Their Peter Pan play is not yet done?"

Tae Kyung passed by him.

"What are you looking at?" the vocalist asked before looking out.

He also saw the two running.

"I guess both of them should do some exercises like me," Tae Kyung bragged. "I'm going."

"Where are you going, hyung?" Mi Nam asked.

"I'm going to my yoga session," Tae Kyung said. "With the president and Manager Ma."

"Hm....yoga is interesting," Mi Nam replied.

"Yes, it is. It helps me control my mood and my streams of thought," Tae Kyung said. "I guess Shin Woo does not need it."

Mi Nam scoffed as Tae Kyung left.

"Yeah, sure, he really needs to control his mood. And I personally don't believe his mood will stabilize, hehehe," Mi Nam thought. "Might as well prepare breakfast."

*******

President Ahn's office.

"Ohohohoh, I saw a preview of the music video," the president told Zephyr's Kiss. "Jackpot!"

Shin Woo thanked him. "Mi Nyu and I had been working hard for it."

"Ahahah, I know both of you were," the president said. "Oh, we will be holding the press conference for the music video come Friday. I want both of you to prepare, as you will be singing, not only the song, but also the other songs in the album."

"Arasseoyo," Shin Woo answered.

*******

Both of them walked back to the studio to practice. Mi Nyu noticed that Shin Woo was still limping.

"You are still limping, hyung," she said.

He smiled at her. "Of course, exercise will not give you everything overnight."

When they got in the studio, he sat at the nearest bench.

"My legs feel better after I ran around this morning," Shin Woo said.

Mi Nyu smiled, knowing that her Peter Pan play had been very effective.

Both of them started practicing.

*******

As it is, Shin Woo exercises daily by trying to walk and to run. His legs felt better when they were stretched. Even when he massaged them, they no longer ache nor get numb.

********

Friday night.

The media and the sponsors gathered at the big auditorium for the press release of the music video, and President Ahn was very happy. Mars and AN Jell were also there to support their friends. Aragaki Yui flew back to Korea for the press release.

Later, the president went to the podium to start the press conference. He greeted everybody and thanked them for coming. He said that, as he had introduced Zephyr's Kiss to the public, he was going to release their first music video too.

"I presume you already heard 'When You Find Love' over the radio, and you are dying to see the video," he said.

He was proud that the songs were released first before the video, and it is his strategy. For whatever reason he did that, it's his own reason.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, let us all meet the casts of the video, Zephyr's Kiss and Aragaki Yui," he introduced.

Everybody clapped when the three people entered and went to the conference table. Cameras flashed, and the press were itching to interview them. The three of them bowed to the crowd and sat down.

"And now, let us all watch the video of the song 'When You Find Love'," the president remarked.

The lights were turned off, then the video was shown. Everybody was attentive when they watched the video. Finally, when the gazebo scene came, the music decreased to a crescendo to reveal the dialogue.

"Saranghae..."

"Mian...I am in love with someone else"

The crowd clapped at that scene. Mi Nyu looked at Shin Woo, who was sitted beside her. She saw tears falling down his eyes.

"Why is Shin Woo-hyung crying?" she thought.

The crowd continued to watch the vid. During the scene wherein Mi Nyu was shocked to learn that the boss was Shin Woo, many gasped, and some cried. They could not help but be sad.

In the part where Yui and Shin Woo kissed, the crowd clapped again. Some were crying when Mi Nyu cried seeing them kiss.

"So sad..." Reporter Kim sobbed while profusely wiping his sweaty forehead.

The dinner part. They liked it that the two looked like they were serenading the diners. Then, the engagement part. This was the part that Mi Nyu missed. She found it strange, but she did not get jealous in this part. Nor did she cry during the part when the couple announced their engagement to the office staff.

The elevator part. They watched the encounter, and in here, the conversation was heard again.

"Gaji maseyo...." she cried as she held his hand.

They watched with mixed emotions when he pulled his hand away. Then, they looked in anticipation when she touched his face...

And kissed him.

The crowd went wild with mixed emotions to see the long kiss. As they parted, sorrow was etched on Mi Nyu's face. The crowd watched and held their breath.

"Saranghaeyo..." she sobbed.

"Mian...I don't love you anymore," he replied.

The crowd clapped at the very emotional scene. As Shin Woo went in the elevator, the music was heard again, and they looked at Mi Nyu crying her heart out. The song mixed perfectly with Mi Nyu's crying moment that the crowd could not help but clap so hard.

"Did you see her expression?"

"Ne, so true!"

"She looks as if she's still in love with Shin Woo."

"Why did she leave him for Tae Kyung?"

"Do you think the song was a song of them three?"

Mi Nyu cried again when she saw the scene. She could not get rid of the emotion that she was feeling. The pain in the scene still tortured her heart. She could not forgot the look on Shin Woo's face after she kissed him....

And she saw him looking at her.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked her softly.

She received the hanky which he handed her, and she discreetly wiped the tears off her eyes so as not to smudge off her mascara.

"Joesonghamnida, Shin Woo-hyung," she sobbed.

Then, she remembered his advice to control her emotions so that no one will know her real feelings. She continued wiping the tears off her eyes.

During the last scene when the lovers happily exited the office, the crowd clapped. Then, they listened to the narrated coda.

"When you find love, love someone who will be your forever...."

Before the video could even fade, the crowd clapped and did a standing ovation. The president was very happy indeed at the warm reception that the vid was getting.

The press was given the chance to interview, and they picked lots as to who goes first. To the casts' chagrin (except for Yui), Reporter Kim came in first. Why does it have to be him all the time?

"I saw your emotions in the video, and I saw how both of you looked at each other. And we know that you are ex-lovers. Tell me, do you still love each other?"

Shin Woo could not hide his irritation at the nosy reporter. He did his best to smile and grabbed the mike.

"As you can see, this is just acting. You saw our emotions as you say, and with a comment like that, it only means our acting is really effective," Shin Woo said. "And regarding love, all I know is that Mi Nyu is my friend now."

"Ah...arasseo," the reporter said. "But is there any possibility of you two getting back together?"

Shin Woo smiled, "I don't know."

Safe answer for him, but not for Reporter Kim. "So you mean to say that it's either, you will fall in love with her again, or you might not fall in love with her again."

"Ne," was Shin Woo's laconic answer.

Reporter Kim was smiling like an idiot, though he hated it that Shin Woo gave him a less-than-satisfactory answer. What he did not know was that, behind the table, Mi Nyu and Shin Woo were holding each other's hands tightly.

Then, the press continued to ask them, then they asked Yui some questions too. Too bad for Reporter Kim, he could not ask Yui because he is not fluent in Japanese, and the actress is not fluent in Korean. All he could do was copy his scoop from other reporters.

The duo then sang for the crowd (both of them sitting down of course), and even promoted their album. Even Yui was given a chance to showcase her songs and to promote her latest Japanese album. AN Jell was also given the chance to perform a song or two, including some of their known hits "Yeojeonhi (Still/As Ever)" and "Yaksok (Promise)". They also announced the venue, date, and time of their next concert, which will be held Friday the next week. Mars also sang some songs and announced their debut in Singapore on Monday the next week. President Ahn was very satisfied that he told the crowd to support his talents, AN Jell, Mars, and Zephyr's Kiss.

*****

The music video was released the next day, and a day after the release of the video, the sales of the album soared steadily. The song was constantly requested over the radio also. Many people were even talking about it. The progress kept the president humming happy tunes throughout the whole week.

True enough, the Singaporeans supported Mars and attended their concerts in large crowds. Even AN Jell's concert was attended by their fans in large numbers. As usual, Sa Yu Ri and her angels supported Tae Kyung, Jeremy, and Mi Nam.

*********************

Saturday afternoon, the day after the AN Jell concert.

Mi Nyu was looking at Jolie's children when Mi Nam came and sat beside her.

"You sure look happy, Mi Nyu-ya," he told his twin.

"Ye, Oppa, all our bands' hard work paid off," Mi Nyu said.

"Ne, especially you and Shin Woo. I've heard the sales of the album soared, and the song was requested over and over in the radio. Even the video has one million likes in Youtube in a week," Mi Nam said proudly. "See? Your tandem became even more famous, like I said."

"Ye, Oppa, we have become a sleeping bear," Mi Nyu said.

"The what?"

"Sleeping bear."

"What sleeping bear?"

Then Mi Nam realized what she meant. "It's a sleeper hit, or a sleep-killer."

"Ah....ye...that's the term," Mi Nyu replied, embarrassed at her wrong use of term.

Mi Nam pinched her cheeks heartily, and the twins enjoyed a good time together.