Chapter 02

A Million Lights

Flashback Continues

We were once again in the practice room. Rapping to maybe the thousandth song already, since morning. The last song of the set finally approaced it's end. Finally, a break. Right when the song cued it's end we took a water bottle and collapsed on the floor. 

"I'm tired." Hoseok said.
"Same." Namjoon nodded.
I looked at the two youngsters. It must be so hard for them. Practicing everyday, without being able to see their parents at all, even on the holidays.
"It's okay. At the end, it's going to pay off at the end anyways, right?" I reminded them.
"Maybe, maybe not." Namjoon sighed.

I looked down at my lap and just stared at it. My mind was relatively blank - no thoughts, no questions - totally blank. 
The entire room stayed quiet in midst of the tiredness. 


Knock knock. Startled from the sudden knock, we stood up and waited for the person(s) to enter.  Slowly, the room started to pile with 3 men in clean suits. Compared to us, we were wearing t-shirts and sweats. They lined up in front of us and bowed. Finally, our manager and CEO/Founder of Big Hit entered last. We bowed yet again. It's not often that our CEO would visit us. 

"Hello. I heard you guys have been working to your best." the CEO started.
"Hello. Yes, we have." I responded, as the eldest.
The CEO nodded, "Good. I'll like you all to comewith me for a meeting. Please change to a more appropriae attire."
"Of course. We'll be ready in 5 minutes." I gestured the two to bow.
"Thnak you." the CEO ended the conversation. 

The three of us looked at each other with worried faces while we exited the practice room and went to the dressing room. 

"What's going to happen?" Hoseok asked.
"We'll see.. Hopefully, we're not getting kicked out if we need to change to a more appropriate attire." I said.
"Yeah, but we can't be sure. Let's hope for the best." Namjoon ended.

The three of us walked out of the dressing room and there stood our manager and CEO. They gestured for his to follow them. 
We followed them down the hallway to the second floor, where most meetings are held. Thoughts ran through my head as we entered the meeting room. As the doors open, I spotted a few more people in the room - some seems to be our age or even younger. Some seems to be way older. Please don't kick us out is the only thought that circulated throughout my mind when we sat down for the meeting to begin.

Author's Notes

Hello! Second chapter is finally up! Sorry  for making you guys
wait for a while. I was really busy in catching up with homework
and projects. I know I promised that this chapter was going to
be longer, but I wanted to end in a cliffhanger - so I hope you guys
can forgive me! xoxo