Finale |

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

There they go again. Somehow they just have to touch eachother in some kind of way. 
Taekwoon doesn't understand.
"Wonshik-ah! Let's go get ice-cream!" Jaehwan called, pulling his friend with him.

Suddenly someone began to make strange grumbling sounds, who turned out to be Hakyeon. Taekwoon sent him a look, which used to shut the other up. But that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.
"Always taking my Wonshik away." Hakyeon mumbled angrily. "Stop complaining about your love for Wonshik." Taekwoon scolded, he was already in a bad mood, he didn't need the elder to make things worst.
"Yah! It's not like your happy about your Jaehwanniee being taken away either." The other snapped back. Clearly, no one was really 'in the mood'.
The door opened again, but none of them bothered to look over to see who it was. Probably Sanghyuk or something.
"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't like Jaehwan the way you like Wonshik."
Taekwoon rolled his eyes as he replied, when suddenly he came across a very familiar figure near the TV. 
"O-Oh, Jaehwan." Hakyeon stuttered, eyes widening. Taekwoon stared at Jaehwan, and when the other made eye contact, Jaehwan fled into his room with his head hung low, slamming the door shut. 
"Taekwoon! Look what you've done!" Hakyeon sighed and proceeded towards where the young man went off.
"I don't know what's the big deal. Its not like we like eachother." Taekwoon replied, his voice wasn't as steady as before. Turning his eyes back to the closed doors, his heart tugged, stomache lurched in different directions, yet he still managed to keep it together.
He wasn't stupid, he knew how the younger felt, but he was convinced he shouldn't lead the younger on. Taekwoon claims doesn't like Jaehwan, the same way the younger likes him. And he had multiple encounters with the attempts of confession. But each time, he had harshly changed the topic, talking about Hongbin the other members. It wasn't until he had heard that faint sob coming from inside his room. It wasn't until then, he realized how much Jaehwan truely liked him.

 

"Don't cry anymore Jaehwan-ah. He's just stupid." Hakyeon said as he continued to pat the other's back, as the younger cried in his shoulder.
"He'll never love me. He hates me hyung! You know it!" He screamed, voice cracking.
"He- He doesn't hate you." Hakyeon replied, in hopes of calming down the younger a bit.
"How many times have you told me? We both know he'll never love me. We both know ... This is just my stupid one-sided love with the most-most ... most beautiful man ever." He whispered the last few words until breaking down into sobs again. "Jaehwan, don't cry anymore okay? I'll treat you to ice cream. Please don't cry because of him anymore." The older begged, caressing the other's cheek with is thumb. Wiping away the tears that's continuosly flowing. Jaehwan merely nodded, and waited until the other had left the room before burying himself under piles of blankets. It wasn't ice cream he wanted, it was Jung Taekwoon.

 

They were all sitting on the sofas, watching TV as some munched on chicken, and others shared drinks. It was a while back, when Jaehwan finally managed to stop crying, and now he was back to normal- almost. 

He's had countless nights and days, where he would cry himself to sleep, but when he woke up, he would act as if nothing has happened, and all was swell. Of course, Hakyeon being the leader, knew that wasn't true. Although the boy was always playing with the maknaes, and always trying to cheer others up when they're at their breaking point, Jaehwan can't even manage to fix himself before others. Wonshik knew about this too, he knew that Jaehwan was indeed, not always the happiest man on earth. And lately, he couldn't help but notice how his friend's putting on more and more fake smiles. Not only on camera, but at home too.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Jaehwan whispered, but no one noticed because apparently the TV had said something funny, and all the members were laughing. 

Wonshik blinked at the older one, offering him a small smile, "You."

Jaehwan turned around in surprise, "Really?"

After recieving a nod, he proceeded to flick his hair around, causing some member to see what on earth was the other up to now. 

"I know, I know I'm fabulous." he exclaimed with a smile, a smile that would make the edged of his eyes wrinkle.

"No, but really. Don't think I didn't notice the weird vibe going around with you and Taekwoonie hyung." Wonshk whispered. Catching Jaehawn off guard. 

"You already know why... It happened before anyways." Jaehwan chuckled sadly, casting his gaze downwards. 

 

Not far off, Taekwoon has his eyes strained to the cute main vocal, and he has been for a while. Even before when Jaehwan decided to start a convo with Wonshik. He could barely catch the words that were exchanged, but he noticed how Wonshik had said his name, and the response from Jaehwan was what he was expecting. 

But what he wasn't expecting was that sudden jab in the heart. With wide eyes, Taekwoon placed his hand over his beating heart

'What was that?'

"Hyung, you okay?" Sanghyuk asked, placing a hand on his hyung's pale cheek.

"Why are your lips turning purple?" the maknae asked, concerned for his half-fifty hyung.

"N-Nothing. I'm fine." Taekwoon muttered, quickly heading off to grab a cup of water.

'What was that?' he thought, mortified.

 

"Hakyeonnie hyung, Taekwoon hyung doesn't look too good." Snaghyuk nudged the leader, and pointed his head towards the kitchen. Right away, the leader bolted out of his seat and flew off,

"TAEKWOONIE! SANGHYUK SAID YOU WERE SICK!" 

"There goes a peaceful night." Hongbin remarked, tone dripping with sarcasm. 

It was late at night, when everyone was asleep. 

Everyone but those two.

"Wonshik-ah." Hakyeon whispered, breath hitting his lover's neck.

"Do you think we'll be able to last?"

Although this question can be interperted in different ways, Wonshik somehow knew what he meant.

"I'll make us last."

Silence followed, and Hakyeon's breathing has slowed down, soon, all the muscles in his body relaxed. Out of natural instinct, Wonshik reached up to brush some hair out of the elder's face, letting his fingers linger a little longer on his skin before putting it back under the covers. 

"I'm sorry." Wonshik managed to say. 

"Why are you sorry?" the other mumbled, half way off to dream land.

It was only after the younger was positive that he had fallen asleep.

"I'm sorry for putting you up through all of this nonsense. I'm sorry we can' t be like any of those typical couples out there. I'm sorry you had to fall for a bad guy like me. And I'm most, definitely sorry for not being able to love you as much as you deserve."

 

Italic = Flashback

Hakyeon let out a screech of terror. Mortified, the leader quickly ran out of the room, leaving behind shocked members. 

"W-Was that what I thought it was?" Sanghyuk gapped at the paused screen, eyes ready to jump out of his sockets.

"Yep. That's Jaehwan hyung for sure." Wonshik confirmed, rubbing his eyes again then taking a better look at the monitor. 

"LEE JAEHWAN IS SO GOING TO DIE TODAY!" they heard the leader scream in the distance. 

"I'm gonna go ahead and stop Hakyeon hyung from killing anybody... Wonshik hyung, let's go." Hongbin called the elder over. Although they were both still in the state of shock, they were certain Cha Leader was in a worst state.

Sanghyuk began to replay the scene over and over again. Eyes growing bigger and bigger each time it appeared. 

As everyone was freaking out, Taekwoon simply sat on the sofa. Eyes narrowing at the screen, 

'Who is she?' Taekwoon rumbled under his breath. His eyes began to twitch as the scene of Jaehwan and Dohee kissing replayed and replayed.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Taekwoon finally took his eyes off the TV screen, instead, it was directed towards the awestruck Maknae.

"Would you stop replaying this disgusting scene?" Taekwoon ordered, hands balled into a fist as he realized the maknae had left his ears in the sink, down the drains and into the sewer. 

Again.

Again.

Again.

Ag-

Taekwoon no longer had control over his body. He was doing one of his breathing excersises when his eyes snapped forward, focusing on the exact way Jaehwan's lips were molding against the girl's. In a flash, he was up and across the room, kicking the TV in anger. The screen flickered for a few seconds before it had went blank. A moment has passes and he sent a glance at the younger, worried that he would be frightened. But Sanghyuk just sat there, eyes still glued to the blank screen.

Seems like he also left his eyes in the sewer.

Turning back to the TV, Taekwoon growled. It wasn't until his brain cleared a little, that he noticed the small indent on the screen. Replacing where the face of the heroine displayed.

 

You could say their reaction to Jaehwan's kissing scene was rather ... troublesome. 

Because here they were, ranting to the culprit about their thoughts.

"Was it hot?" Haekyeon asked again, laughing evilly as he watched the younger shrink in his seat with warm cheeks.

"It looked hot!" Wonshik burst out with tears, high-fiving Hongbin who was seated beside him. At that, Jaehwan quickly hid his blazing cheeks with his palms, shyly shaking his head.

"It wasn't hot!" he exclaimed, voice cracking. Which triggered the others to laugh.

"Taekwoon hyung thought it was awful! He even broke the TV!" Sanghyuk blurted.

Taekwoon shot a panicked look towards the younger, who was unaware of how the mood changed.

'I am so going to kill him.' Taekwoon thought, cheeks soon going to the same color as Jaehwan's. Heart thumping louding.

"Did you actually break the TV?" Hakyeon exclaimed, sending him a mischevious look.

"W-Well- I mean- No I didn't break it. I- I just ... It was-"

Before Taekwoon could finish his staggered unstable sentence, Hakyeon, Wonshik and Hongbin ran out the room, claiming they had to see the wrecked TV themselves, and Sanghyuk followed right behind them.

Taekwoon could only hang his head low out of embarrassment.

"W-Was it that bad?" Jaehwan asked consiously, worry in his eyes.

"N-NO! Of course not! I-It was really... really..." he could only trail off in his own sentence. Because he had no idea why his heart began ache and clench as he watched the worried frown go deeper and deeper. It made him a little guilty.

"Then why did you hit the poor TV?" Jaehwan pouted when he heard the others roar with laughter in the living room. He briefly heard Wonshik and Hongbin exchange a quick conversatoin which consist of, "He really did hit the TV!" and , "We can finally get a new TV after ten thousand years!"

"Well I-I've never seen you with any girl ever since... since pre-debut." Taekwoon scowled as he remembered the face of Jaehwan's girlfriend, who broke his heart so heartlessly. 

Quickly snapping out of it, he continued on with his last-minute-thought-up explanation.

"And of course it would be weird to see another member kissing someone you never met." Taekwoon had finished his not-so explanation, and he was scared that the other would realize he was lying, and he had absolutely no right to be mad at him. Mad at him for kissing a girl.

"But did you really have to break the TV? You didn't do the same thing for Hakyeon hyung when he had a kissing scene! It was much hotter then mine anyways!" 

It was true. Taekwoon didn't do anything of that sort. All he did was what anyone would do. Tease, tease and tease.

He laughed and pointed for the first day, then for the rest of the week he would just nudge the elder and whisper things to him like, 

"Did that remind you of your kiss?"

"Do you miss her?"

"Do you wanna kiss her again now?"

Saying the teasing only lasted for a week, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter