Late

Late

Their first meeting is by pure chance. The train leaves just as he arrives to the station, after running for two minutes without stopping. He is out of breath. Then he sees him. White hair, handsome face and also sweating from the run. Their eyes met. Pretty boy in one side, wild one in the other. Both too slow to catch up with the train, both too tired to start a conversation.

The second time it’s bad luck. A tourist took way too long time in the entrance, making him lose the train. Again. The guy from the other time arrives one minute later and checks the time. Hoping for the train to be running late or something. Seokjin just mutters in low voice “one minute”. He doesn’t expect the other to listen, but he does. The white haired guy just nods and sits to wait. Forty-five minutes for the next train. Forty-five minutes he loses every time he is at least one minute late.

The next time he knew he was going to lose it. He took way too much time deciding on what red velvets looked the best. Now at the station he realised that even if he managed to take the prettiests, they would all taste the same.
“Five minutes” said the handsome stranger, who also seemed to have lost the train. Seokjin just gave him one of the red velvets. He had too many. He didn’t even like them that much.

It wasn’t long until the weather got worse. The summery sun was quickly changed by the depressing rain. He forgot his umbrella, obviously. And he lost the train, again, obviously.
“Three minutes” The stranger said while he covered him with his umbrella. It was bright pink. “My mum’s.” He gave as an explanation, without providing more details or explaining why he was suddenly protecting him from the rain.

“Seven minutes. I made them myself.” The chocolate cookies that he made the day before where now in front of the cute stranger, who just smiled and bite one. “Delicious.” Seokjin smiled. All his family had told him they were good, but just seeing how his stranger’s eyes brighten up after tasting them made him want to cook more.

“Four minutes and a half. Listen to this song.” An earphone was offered to Seokjin. He took it and plugged it in his ears. A strong beat poured out of the device, filling his ears with lyrics about dreams and the future. He didn’t listen too much hip-hop, just what his older brother would occasionally put. It didn’t mattered. He knew the track was good, really good. “Whose is it? I like it a lot.” He asked curious. He was definitely going to show it to his brother and he would have to shut up about Seokjin not knowing good music. “Mine.”

One day he arrives and the train hasn’t left yet. But the stranger is not there. One minute for the closing of the doors. Stranger is not there yet. Doors are closing. Forty-five minutes are not really a long time. Train is leaving. No one is expecting him to take this train. Train has left. Probably no one is at home yet, and he hates being alone.

“You could have caught it.” The stranger says from behind, with a cup of coffee on each hand.

“Well, I- You know, I just- Uh…” This was awkward. Saying that he was waiting for him was a bit creepy.

“Don’t worry, I’ve done the same.” He gave him one of the coffees he was holding while he flashing him with a smile that melted his soul completely.

“Do you have a number?” Seokjin asked shyly. This seemed like the good moment, as the other’s behaviour had ended up being a bit more extreme than his own.

“I’ll give it in change for your name. I’ve been calling you princess in my mind for way too long…”