Nine

I'm Not the Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

 

“I’m sorry.” I blurt out the word almost immediately.

“You think I was having affair behind your back?”

“I didn’t know.” I choke. “You smelled of woman’s perfume every time you came home.”

Yunho sighs, long and pained. He buries his face in my hair. “I should’ve introduced you two long times ago.”

My dad knows. All I could think is my dad knows and he didn’t bother to tell me before. Does this mean Yunho telling the truth? And why my chest feels suddenly too tight.“I’m so sorry.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

I shift to my back, forcing Yunho to pull his head back. “It is. It matters a lot to me.” Ashamed and guilty, I force myself to stare at him square in the eye. “I didn’t know what came over me concluding that you . . .that you. . . .” Why is it so hard to finish my sentence?

“You’re jealous.” He says with so much finality and cockiness.

“I didn’t.”

Yunho just smiles at me. “So, we’re good then?”

Are we? I don’t know what to answer. I look away because I can tell he knows what’s going on in my mind. Do I want my status as his wife back? I admit I do, but for entirely different reason. A reason he can’t and will never give to me.

“What do you have in mind honey?”

I cast a glance at him. His hand is now playing with my hair and it’s really distracting. “A lot of thing.”

“About us?”

“About you.”I say truthfully.

“Tell me.” He urges.

“I – you, why did you agree to marry me in the first place?”

When Yunho exhales wearily, I feel my last piece of hope vanish in the air. I wait for him to answer patiently. The answer never comes because I feel his hand slides under my t-shirt. Heart thumping rapidly, I lay still as his palm curls around my still flat belly, probably checking if the baby has shown yet. And oh my god, I feel like fainting.

The way his hand touches me feels so possessive. . .intimate. We may be a husband and wife. But it’s crystal clear that there’s no feeling between us, or maybe on his part.

And it hits me again in the head that he has been solely mine since the day we married. Oh god, I have him all along and I just realized about it. Stupid, stupid girl.My t-shirt has ridden upwards at the force of his hand, causing my tummy on full display. Yunho takes the benefit of it by caressing my belly gently. I’m captivated by the sight of his hand on my stomach.

What the hell is he doing?

“A baby.” He muses.

Guilty slams hard. Yesterday, I sort of dumped everything on him without second thought. I watch him watch his hand play

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter