Two

I'm Not the Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

If you ask me what my job is, I’ll be honest I don’t have one. My job is my social status. It’s downright pathetic. Being the millionaire wife and attend to social call and stuff like that. Believe me, it’s boring. I mean, it’s a bunch of women who like to show off their money and power and jewelries. Inside, they are died, just exactly like me. Maybe that’s why I keep attending those gatherings even though I know they are pointless.

Today, I don’t feel like attending one. I’m not in the mood to dress up or put on make up or wearing the new necklace Yunho has bought for me. Now that I think about that, all my jewelries are bribery from him to keep me content and silent. That and the unexpected .

As weariness fills me, I choose to lock myself in the library. The cleaning lady will be here soon. I’ll just let her work without bothering her. I love books and who am I to refuse when they can be a good distraction?

I was about to continue my study when my father gave me an ultimatum. It was earth-shattering. It wasn’t like I asking him money to pay my tuition. I had a job back then and my salary was more than enough to make me live and continue my study. And then, he just dropped the bomb in my face without any regard whatsoever.

I told him I hadn’t date anyone since my freshmen year. He told me back that he had candidate for me as if my marriage was a contest. Being the only child in my family, and given that my father’s illness was not getting any better, I caved in. I was doing what my mom told me before she passed away; always listen to your father no matter how ridiculous his wishes are.

And I married Jung Yunho, who is five years older than me, because of my responsibility to my dad. Good thing happened afterward, he recovered from his heart disease that I wondered whether he was deceiving me or not. Not that I refuse the idea of my father having a better life. I do wish the best for him even when we’re not that close. I just hated to be manipulated. God know how many times he had done that.

My mom was having difficulty to pregnant after I was born. It wasn’t because of me. The doctor said she had a weak uterus. Actually, me could born into this world was a miracle for them. Even though my dad was sad, he never ever blamed my mom for the fact that he couldn’t have sons. I could tell that they loved each other deeply in their own way.

My father tried to raise me like a boy. I was sent to the best school since I was a kid. Science and sport were the priority that my father chose for me. I was a swimmer and had collected few trophies myself. My life was easier when I did what my father told me. Behind, I nagged a lot to mom.

Back then at school, no one dared to mess up with me. I had two bodyguards who followed me everywhere and four more when I hung out. As the result of that, I didn’t have many friends back then. The fact saddened me furth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter