Brew Coffee At Home

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

I'm back! Sorry for the long hiatus. Anyways, I shall be updating more chapters tonight to make up for the lack of chapters.

But guess what?

One of my fellow readers, SecretSnow, has decided to make an official game based off this story. That's right, an official interactive game!

Here is a teaser video, along with the link to the story thread where you can follow her work on the game.

 

 

click here to go to the official game progress thread

please give lots of love to her project! <3


 

I walked over to the kitchen counter, leaning over and pressing my face against the glass window.

 

“Too lazy to go outside,” I grumbled to myself. I pulled out a brewer and a jar of coffee beans from the kitchen cabinet, taking special care to not drop the fragile items.

 

The silent whirr of the coffee brewer filled the air as I conveniently munched on a bag of potato chips. It was days like these that I loved – the days that I didn’t have anything to do.

 

I lifted my eyebrow as I heard the whirr of the coffee brewer come to an abrupt stop. Frowning, I banged my fist on the side of the brewer, hoping that it would miraculously start working again. Unfortunately, it was as good as dead.

 

“Mom, the coffee brewer’s broken!” I yelled.

 

“Call the appliance people! You know, the people that fix stuff!” She yelled back. Woah, so helpful.



 

 

A knock resounded on the door within half an hour of my call. The lady at the phone seemed snappy and rude, but nonetheless assured me that one of the employees would be here within an hour.

 

“Coming!” I shouted, hastily clambering down from the stool I was sitting on. Brushing aside pieces of hair from my face, I put on my best smile and cleared my throat.

 

“Thank you for – whoa?!” I opened the door, letting out a small shout of surprise as I saw the familiar face.

 

“I did say that it was a small world,” Jonghyun shrugged, shifting his cap a few degrees.  “So, what needs to be fixed?”

 

I looked him up and down, taking in the image of him in his uniform. Honestly, he seemed like the last person who would work as an appliance fixer.

 

“The… coffee brewer?” I blankly answered.

 

“Coffee isn’t good for little kids like you,” He respectfully placed his shoes at the door entrance and brushed past me, giving my head a small pat. “It stunts your growth!”

 

“Sorry, repeat that?” I accidentally let out a low growl.

 

“Coffee isn’t good for little kids… like you?“ He repeated, confused.

 

“I’M NOT A GODDA-“

 

“Oh, is this the appliance fixer?” My mom sauntered into the room, daintily offering Jonghyun her hand.  He bowed and smiled, causing my mom to let out a girlish squeal.

 

“You’re so handsome! So fine! Such a gentleman!” She pushed me in front of her. “This is my daughter!”

 

“I know,” He cheekily answered. “Jung Roo Ri.”

 

“Oh my! You already met?” She clasped her hands together. “How nice! Well, anyways, I’m going out to run some errands– you can lead him to kitchen, alright?”

 

I unwillingly nodded, and held my breath as I motioned for Jonghyun to follow me. I let out a deep sigh as soon as I heard the slam of the door.

 

“This,” I patted the coffee brewer.

 

“It looks quite new,” He remarked.

 

“Does it?” I answered. “Anyways, it stopped working.”

 

He set down a box of tools and wires that I hadn’t noticed. He carefully opened the box, selecting a prying tool and setting it beside the coffee brewer. I backed away and sat down on the kitchen stool, trying my best not to stare too much at his broad back.

 

“So… is this your full job?” I lamely asked.

 

“Not really,” He replied, his brow furrowed in concentration. Not really? Not really? That wasn’t even an answer – it was either “yes” or “no”.

 

“I see,” I tapped my hands on the marble counter. “What other-“

 

“Can you hand me that wire?” He pointed at a coppery wire coil in the box. I bent down and picked it up, placing it in the palm of his hand. He continued working, his back hunched over the black brewer.

 

“Your welcome,” I spoke to no one.

 

“What were you saying earlier?” He asked.

 

So now you talk.

 

“What other jobs do you have?” I loudly asked.

 

“Lots?” He scratched his head.

 

“Lots?” I echoed.

 

“I work at a crepe shop, at a kindergarten, at a coffee shop…” Jonghyun counted them off one by one before he lost track. He paused, tilting his head up before returning to his work. “I just a drifter, I guess.”

 

“Oh,” I nodded in understanding. “Right.”

 

“Done!” Jonghyun inhaled deeply, clapping his hands to rid them of any dust. “It should be all good to go now.”

 

“Thanks,” I held out a few bills that I had prepared earlier. He graciously accepted them, pulling his cap down a few notches.

 

 

Say “thank you” and nothing else

Ask him for his business card