Push him Away

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

 

Thank you guys so much! I had no idea I was featured until my good friend candyredhearts told me congrats. Thank you! I was wondering why there was a flood of 48 comments all of a sudden...

Ah. And to you new readers, here's how to play/read this. Please read:

See that handy-dandy "bookmark" button up there? All you do is go to the chapter you want to bookmark, then click the button. I update on a rotation, so next I will be updating Minho and Jonghyun. Please be patient, since there are still routes that I need to finish up. I recommend you check your bookmarked chapter every five or six times I update, since I can't update every route at once.  



 

I pushed him away.

 

He stumbled back, holding onto the railing for support. Interestingly enough, a grin slid onto his face.

 

“At least you have some common sense,” He mockingly clapped. I inhaled sharply, recovering from my shock. It was the first action that came to mind. Quickly, I made a mental note: Never call Key a hypocrite.

 

Maybe the word “hypocrite” hurt him badly in his past. Or maybe he used to be a hypocrite. Huh. Maybe he’s just bipolar.

 

To my surprise, he simply straightened his back as if nothing happened. Key started to walk up the stairs, then turning back with a quizzical look.

 

“Aren’t you coming?”

 

“Oh… yeah…” I hastily followed him up the poorly built stairs. The ground slightly trembled with every step we took.

 

Key stopped in front of his door, quickly unhooking his keys from a loop in his pants. He twirled the keys around his finger before swiftly inserting into the keyhole and successfully opening the door. I assumed that the interior of his apartment would be as fancy as Key was the other day.

But no.

Everything was simple. The colors of the walls were painted a neutral creamy color, giving his apartment a cozy feeling. I quirked my eyebrow, comparing his apartment to the fancy things Key had when I bumped into him.

 

“Start,” Key pointed at a pile of mops, feather dusters, cleaning detergents, towels, and god knows what else there was. My jaw dropped.

 


 

“No, no, no!” Key waggled his finger in front of my face. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. This was the the hundredth time he stopped and lectured me on what I was doing wrong. For God's sake, can't I clean this at my own pace?!

 

“What now?” Exasperated, I let out a long sigh.

 

“You missed that tiny speck of dust right there!” Key clucked his tongue, reaching down and brushing his finger on the edge of the cherry wood table. He held it up for me to see. “See?”

 

Uh. As far as I was concerned, there was absolutely nothing on his finger- except for his skin. No  dirt, no grime, nothing.

 

“I don’t see,” I pursed my lips. “There’s nothing there!”

 

“You just don’t understand,” Key shook his head.

 

“I’ve cleaned this freaking table at least six times now!”

 

“Practice makes perfect!” Key grinned, holding a thumbs up sign with his right hand. I blankly stared at him, my lips pressed together in a thin line. I took a deep breath and robotically bent down to use the feather duster to dust the table again.

 

Dust, dust, dust.

 

“There!” Satisfied, I slammed the feather duster onto the table.

 

"Okay, now for the kitchen!" Key cheerily pointed towards a hallway. "Oh, you'll need the orange scented detergent, by the way. That towel- no not that one- the one on the mop!"

 

This was going to be a long day.



 

"Finally done!" I breathed a sigh of relief, stretching as I walked out the door. Key accompanied me out, an action that I least expected him to do. Well, at least he was a gentleman in some way. He stopped right outside his door, frowning and crouching down as something caught his eye. I tilted my head as I watched Key lifting his hand to brush something off the door.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked, my eyebrows shifting up at his odd actions. He was… inspecting something on the bottom of the door. Instead of answering my question nicely, Key turned around with a displeased expression and pushed himself off the floor.

 

“Did you kick my door?” He accused, folding his arms across his chest. I let a small chuckle pass my lips, a chuckle that came out of guiltiness.

 

“Er… I thought that I could open it that way, so…”

 

His face muscles tensed as he slowly inhaled, pointing at the door and motioning for me to bend down and inspect it. I gulped and quickly obeyed his orders.

 

Ouch, poor door...

 

I grimaced as I saw a slight dent and mark where my shoe had hit the door. I had no idea that flats could inflict such damage- or was it because Key’s door was simply too weak? Whatever it was, the door was clearly dented.

 

“Sorry!” I tried to laugh it off, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

 

“The money! How much am I going to pay to repair that door?” He childishly stomped as he pointed at the mark. I must have a lot of bad luck to keep making all these mistakes. Sighing, I dug into my purse to pay him money.

 

Bye bye, allowance.

 

I reluctantly handed him a wad of bills, not bothering to count the amount of money. After all, I usually kept useless bills and coins in my wallet. Robbers probably wouldn’t even bother to steal it. Key shuffled them in his hands, an amused expression on his face.

 

“Bye,” I formally bowed, and happily walked away. Finally free from my punishment!

 

“See you soon!” Key shouted back, a slight hint of a smile on his lips.

 

Er. What?

 

I didn’t understand what that phrase meant, but I assumed that he probably went crazy or something. Or perhaps Key believed in things like fate and coincidences? Nope; no way was I ever going to meet him again.



 

“Roo, do you have the money that you received from your uncle for your birthday?” My mom shouted from her room. “I need to borrow it, okay?”

 

“Yeah!” I quickly yelled back, immediately taking my piggy bank and turning it upside down. I waited for bills to flutter down onto my table. Instead, clinks of coins came raining down.

 

. Where is it?

 

My lower lip trembled and fell as an ominous feeling built up within me. I bit my lip and harshly banged my head onto the wall. Why didn’t I realize it earlier? The answer was so obvious, yet I didn’t even think about it. Why else would Key say “See you soon”?

 

Because my precious birthday money was in my wallet- and it was 225,000 won! That was no small amount- it was equal to two hundred dollars in American currency. Okay, maybe it 9sn’t considered much to him, but 225,000 won is considered a fortune to me. Key evidently knew that I gave him more than I meant to give him, yet he didn’t speak up.

 

That jerk.

 

He could’ve spoken up and told me “Hey, you gave me around 200,000 won…”, right? But no. He stayed quiet, with that knowing smile of his on his face. In fact, I would love to wipe that smirk right off his face.

 

“Roo?” My mom called, waiting for me.

 

“Hold on a sec!” I rapidly blinked as I tried to think of a solution.

 

Call his cell phone (coming soon)

Find him in person (coming soon)

 

.