Crêpes

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

A/N: Guys, if you ever get confused on what chapter you're on, there's that handy-dandy "bookmark" button up there, you know. All you do is go to the chapter you want to bookmark, then click the button.

I'm going to update Key's tomorrow, kay? Please be patient.


 

“Alright, let’s do this,” I fumbled for my cell phone, and bravely called him. Silence filled the air as I nervously waited for him to pick up.

 

“Hello?” Onew’s warm voice filled my ear.

 

“Ah, um! Last time, you said I could bring you out for crêpes…?” I squeaked, mentally punching myself.I sounded like a total idiot! My heart was pounding against my chest as I nervously chewed on my bottom lip, anticipating his answer.

 

“Oh, it’s you! I was wondering when you would invite me for crêpes.”

 

“Yes, um, if it’s not too much trouble, perhaps tomorrow at ten in the morning…?” I blurted out. He laughed; a merry sound of chuckling that escaped the cell phone.

 

“You have text, right?” I asked. Onew gave a slight “mhmm” in response.

 

“I’ll text the address to you in a few minutes,” I stated.

 

“Alright then! See you tomorrow,’ He replied, and hung up. Relief flooded through me, and warmness filled my heart. I slowly let the cell phone drop onto the bed, my mouth agape. For some reason, I giddiness and excitement bubbled inside of me. I squealed and rolled around in my bed, stuffing a pillow into my face to muffle my giggles.



 

“Roo! Sunshiney say hi!”

 

I yelped as I felt someone jump onto my stomach. Clutching my stomach in pain, I sprang up from my bed, ready to strike. Rubbing my temples, I slumped back into bed when the only intruder I found was my little brother.

 

“What time is it?” I croaked, my eyelids starting to grow heavy once more.

 

“It’s nine-thirty!” Daeho happily chirped, jumping up and down.

 

“That’s nice,” I grumbled. “Wait. Repeat that?”

 

“Nine-thirty!” Daeho scampered out of my room, knocking over a stack of books.

 

“NINE-THIRTY?!” I shrieked in surprise and immediately threw my covers off. My crêpe appointment with Onew was at ten o’clock!Panicking, I ran to the restroom, just barely avoiding the haphazard mess of books, papers, and pencils on the carpet floor. My hasty actions kept firing back at me this morning. By nine-forty five, I managed to shatter one glass cup, accidently squirt toothpaste on the carpet, and also kicked a book.

 

“Ow…” I massaged my toe, which had met with the spine of a book. Instead of whining about my hurt foot, I ignored the throbbing pain and dashed into my walk-in closet. It wasn’t a big room, but it was big enough to be called a walk-in closet. My eyes shifted around as I quickly inspected all the outfits hanging from the racks. I didn’t want to dress too fancy- it wasn’t a date. But since he is a nice person, I felt the urge to leave a good impression on him.

 

“You!” I spoke to some clothes (click) that were pushed towards the back of the closet. My quick dressing skills kicked in, and I was changed in no more than a minute.

 

Nine-forty eight.

 

With shaking hands, I wound my hair into a side-ponytail that hung loosely behind my ear. After a few moments of hesitation, I slipped a beaded butterfly headband (click). My slightly wavy hair flowed down in curtain of brown and black. Frowning at the range of colors, I noted to myself that I would have to re-dye my hair dark brown again.

 

“Mom, I’m going out!” I yelled, sliding on the railing of the stairs. It was a dangerous task, but fun nonetheless. Actually, I always got scolded for doing that; my parents were convinced that it would be a bad influence on my little brother.

 

The only thing that answered my call was the sweet sound of silence. I quirked my eyebrow, and ignored the foreboding feeling that was starting to clench at my heart. Being a lover of fashion and clothes, I took deliberate care in choosing my shoes. In order to match with my color scheme and choice of clothes, I decided to slip into a pair of pink flats (click). They were a bit too girly for my taste, but the design was unique and catchy. Before leaving the house, I flipped open my cellphone to check the time.

 

Nine- fifty…



 

“I made it!” Triumphant, I smiled and gave myself thumbs up. After leaving home, I was lucky enough to catch a bus right away. Now, I stood outside the little crêpe shop that I’ve always loved. I turned around to admire the exterior design of the quaint little shop. A polished sign above the door read “Wonderland Crêpes”. A group of elderly women left the shop, smiles on their faces. I breathed in the scent of fresh fruits and flour, pressing my knuckles together in anticipation.

 

“It’s a nice place,” Onew tapped my shoulder, his eyes on the crêpe shop. I whirled around and greeted him, slightly nodding in agreement.

 

“I love this place,” I clasped my hands together, my voice barely audible. “It always lifts my mood.”

 

Onew nodded in understanding, and I broke free from my dreaming. We walked into the shop, a gust of warm air hitting us in the faces. The patisseries were busy slaving away on their various jobs, and the heat from the machines gave off pleasant warmth. I ducked to avoid a small curtain of jingling bells, which hung from above the door. Onew, who hadn’t noticed the crystals, walked straight through them. Luckily, he wasn’t injured or hurt- just a bit startled.

 

“This way, please,” An employee led us through the little shop, stopping by a booth next to a full-length window. I brushed my fingers over the dark purple wall paper before comfortably seating myself into the black seat. Onew took his place across from mine, smiling graciously at the waiter that offered us menus. I scanned over the menu, hoping to see a new crêpe recipe.



“Everything here looks tempting,” Onew commented, as he arched his back to observe other customers’ orders.

 

“Not only are they tempting, they’re incredibly delicious,” I replied, enthusiasm in my words. I gave a small “Aha!” when my eyes landed on a new crêpe that I never tasted before.

 

“Bittersweet Love,” I mumbled under my breath. “Limited edition! A Valentine’s Day Special!”

 

As soon as I read the text “Limited Edition” I was certain that I was going to choose this crêpe. Who wouldn’t want to miss out on a crêpe that was only available for a certain time?

 

“Onew, do you know what you’re getting?” I peeked over my menu, trying to keep my voice from sounding too eager.

 

“Firstly, what are you getting?” He smiled.

 

“Bittersweet Love. It’s limited edition, and I’ve never tried it before,” I awkwardly laughed, closing the menu and pushing it to the end of the white table.

 

“Ah. Well then, I’ll go with Fruits Jubilee,” He placed his menu on top of mine. I motioned for a waiter, and told him our orders. The waiter quickly scribbled down the orders, bustling away to take care of other customers.

 

Alright, Roori. This is where the awkwardness begins.

 

"Thank you for accompanying me to get crêpes," I lamely said, kicking myself in the shin for sounding so odd.

 

"Actually, it's supposed to be me thanking you for inviting me," Onew brightly smiled. I fell silent at his words, awkwardly wringing my hands.

 

“So, uh…” I paused. I was absolutely horrible at starting conversations, and Onew’s pleasant face made me even more flabbergasted. Now, I was torn between two choices. I could ask him for his favorite color in hopes that silence wouldn't follow after his answer, or bring up my little brother in the conversation and ask him if he had any siblings. Hmm.

 

 

"Do you have any siblings?" (coming soon)

"What's your favorite color?" (coming soon)

 

..