The Beginning

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

 

Yawn.

 

“Mmm…” Bright sunlight streamed through my window, blinding my eyes. I sleepily grinned, quite woozy and unaware. Last night, I had an amazing dream; I was at an all you can eat dessert buffet, and they had a tower of my favorite crème brulee. Delicious. I stretched my arms out sleepily and flopped over in my bed. It was so nice, so cozy, so soft…

 

“Jung Roo Ri! Get up now!” My mom’s voice rang throughout the house.

 

"Mmf..." I scratched the back of my head, reluctant to move. I really didn't want to get up- mornings were my enemy. It was torturous to just feel the sun's burning rays on my eyes.

 

“JUNG ROO RI! This is your last warning!”

 

I hate noisy mornings…

 

“I know!” I yawned again and slowly sat up, rubbing my tired eyes. I stayed up late last night watching those dreaded horror movies that my friend loved to watch. She had tricked me- she gave me a few DVD’s with seemingly harmless covers. When I opened the case, I found a few blank discs- nothing amiss, right? Well, I was wrong. As soon as the horrifying music started to play, goosebumps began to crawl onto my arms. Eugh. I had to carry a pineapple around the house last night just in case something attacked me.

Time to wash my face, brush my teeth…

I started my daily routine, until I paused as I suddenly remembered; it’s summer break! My toothbrush was sticking crookedly out of my mouth as foam threatened to spill out. Why did the teachers have to assign so much homework over the break? I have a huge pile of books, notes, and papers stacked up on the floor. I think I’ll just tackle them the week before break ends.

 

Wait.

 

That’s not the point!

 

“MOM! It’s summer break! Why’re you waking me up so early?!” I yelled loudly, angrily furrowing my brows. I slightly choked as a bit of the toothpaste foam slid down my throat from my yells. Coughing, I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth, waiting for her reply.

 

“Go take a walk! Don’t be so lazy! Fresh air is good for you!”

 

Fine. I might as well just go outside, sit, and then come back in. Perfect.

 

Still half-asleep, I trudged over to my messy closet and pulled out a t-shirt and shorts. After a long battle with my uncooperative clothes, I finally managed to look decent. Now, now, now. Time to eat. With a sigh, I plodded downstairs, my hair bouncing up and down in a messy bun.

“Rooroo! Hehe!” My little brother came running out towards me. I jumped back in surprise, and fell down on my bottom.

 

Ouch, my !

 

“Jung Dae Ho! You scared me!” I grabbed his soft cheeks and pulled them, moving them in different directions.

“Sowwy…” He looked up at me with pleading eyes before running away as quickly as he came. I could hear the squeaks of his little footsteps as he disappeared around the corner.

Argh. His aegyo is too cute to resist. I grabbed a piece of burnt toast and buttered it quickly, and devoured it in five bites. My stomach was so eager for food that I didn’t pay any attention to the bitter taste of burnt toast in my mouth. My mom strode out of the kitchen with a heavy pan in her right hand, a spatula in the other.

“Go take a walk! The weather is nice today.”

“But…” 

“No buts! Now!” Exasperated, she shook her spatula at me, shaking her head. You know what they say; obey your mom when she's holding dangerous objects.

I pulled on a pair of gladiator sandals, and tapped my foot on the carpet.  Mornings were simply not my things- my mind was in jumbles, and I was more confused than alert. Luckily, my mom was actually right for once. Once I stepped out of the apartment, a whoosh of cool air greeted my bare arms. The glaring sun hung upon a vibrant blue sky, and a cool breeze would occasionally blow. I inhaled deeply before walking down a flight of stairs to the front of the apartment complex. 

 

Ah… what a nice day.

 

I probably shouldn’t sit around and do nothing.

 

I should…

 

(click your option)

 

Stroll around the park 

 

Go shopping around Seoul 

 


Inklings and Notes         

 dulcee //// Lullabye

Hi there! It's dulcee here, the author who also brought you "It's a SHINee Facebook!". I'm writing this story with my wonderful co-author Lullabye! Thanks for waiting patiently for this story, and the next chapters will be up soon. I promise.

Have a fun Adventure!

 

.