Who Do I Love?

Love Collection

 

The number you called is not available right now please call again or leave a message behind after the beep.” A robotic voice said over the phone for the nth times as Krystal angrily hang up.

 

“Argh! He’s gonna get it when I see him!” She stomp her feet on the ground as hard as possible to vent her anger out.

 

Krystal head to the direction of her boyfriend’s place while she curses her boyfriend for not answering her calls for the entire day. She impatiently presses the door bell not caring how many times she have press on it already. After a minute the door of her boyfriend’s place finally opened, seeing the familiar figure standing in front of the door way Krystal threw one of her hardest punch at the figure. The figure didn’t even have enough time to prepare for this and the punch already landed on the standing figure’s stomach. The figure’s back arched forward then landing on the ground groaning out in pain.

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you pick up my calls?” Krystal climb on the figure, straddling the figure and grip on the figure’s collar.

 

Once Krystal clearly see the face of the punched figure her express changed immediately to a who-are-you look.

 

“Who are you? Where’s my Jonghyun oppa?” She arched her eyebrows but still grip tight to the similar looking figure to her Jonghyun oppa.

 

“And who the heck are you?” The Jonghyun look-a-like person finally spoke in an annoyed voice.

 

Their eyes meet and silent filled the entire place as Krystal stared at the stranger she never met before.

 

“Excuse…me?” The staring turn out to be awkward and the figure on the ground coughed to break the silence.

 

After receiving the message, it was then Krystal awkwardly climb off the stranger looking a bit embarrassed at her actions.

 

The both of them sat opposite of each other at the dining table both with question marks above their heads. Krystal impatiently tap her finger nails against the glass dining table creating annoying sounds that tickle the person in front.

 

“Can you stop that?”

 

“Only if you tell me who are you? Are you a girl or boy? Where’s my Jonghyun oppa? Why you look so similar to my Jonghyun oppa? What relation you have with my Jonghyun oppa? And…” Krystal bombard a bunch of questions to the stranger in front.

 

“Wah wait…one at a time.” The figure quickly stop the girl from asking more questions.

 

Krystal glared at the figure in front swallowing down her remaining questions and just wait for the person in front to answer.

 

“Okay first, my name is Amber. I’m a girl. I don’t where you’re Jonghyun oppa is. Your Jonghyun oppa is my brother so we look alike. And I am your Jonghyun oppa’s little sister.” The girl Amber answered Krystal’s questions all in one go without saying any unnecessary information.

 

Krystal kept silent and thought for a moment before opening again.

 

“So why are you here?” This time her voice is a bit softer and sounds nicer.

 

“My brother called yesterday saying he has to go somewhere and told me to take care of his place.”

 

“He didn’t mention about me?” Krystal thought it was rather weird for Jonghyun not to mention anything about her girlfriend to his sister since Jonghyun have agreed to visit her parents next week. It was the most important day in their life and it sounds unconvincing that Jonghyun did not make a note on it.

 

“No, he sounds like he was in a hurry. He hang up before I could ask where he’s going.”

 

Krystal raised her eyebrows suspiciously about the new information that her boyfriend has just disappeared off somewhere. She can’t help but to think that everything doesn’t makes any sense at all. She slap both hands on the table and stood up the chair slide backward creating a screeching sound on the tiles. Not believing Jonghyun really left Krystal rampage the house with Amber following behind who neatly tidy what Krystal has messed up.

 

“I told you he’s not here.” Amber place the cushion back on the sofa.

 

“You’re his sister you should know where he went.”

 

“And you’re his girlfriend.” Amber said back that angered the girl even more.

 

“I don’t care! I’m staying here until I see him.” Krystal sat on the sofa like a rock who is determine to not move her away from the comfy sofa until Jonghyun shows up.

 

“What!? I am not living with a stranger!”

 

“I don’t care. I made up my mind, you can leave the keys here and move out.” Krystal crosses her arms like a little kid.

 

“Fine. Whatever.” Amber rolled her eyes and left the stubborn girl alone.

 

 

 

Hours pass by and Krystal still sat there on the sofa without saying another word and without moving her away from the sofa. On the other hand Amber was in front of the computer, her eyes never left the monitor screen as she seem busily typing a document. The house was completely silence and only punching sounds of the keyboard was heard. In the house of silence a slightly loud grumble was heard. Amber finally left her eyes off the monitor screen and turn to the unknown person who suddenly invaded her privacy. She pull her glasses away and gently place it on the table. She then look at the time and it was the evening already. She stood up and walk to the girl.

 

“I guess you’re hungry. Why don’t we go eat something?” Amber nicely offered the girl for lunch but the girl just turn her head away ignoring the tomboy. Amber chuckled at the stubborn girl who just showed a rather cute expression. Amber then went in the bedroom to change and left the house without saying another word.

 

Once the door close and there was no sight of Amber anymore. Krystal fell onto her back kicking her legs up and down screaming.

 

“I’m soooooo hungry!!!!”

 

After throwing a fit about her grumbling stomach Krystal stood up and ran to the kitchen looking for some food to feed her growling stomach. She opened every single door she could find in the kitchen but nothing full filling could be found.

 

“What kind of kitchen is this?”

 

Now she regretted not helping her boyfriend go grocery shopping when she was asked to.

 

“Yah! Stop growling I know you’re hungry…” Krystal said to her stomach and gently patting it like calming a baby not to cry.

 

Since there was nothing that is full filling she gobble down the remaining left over biscuits she found in one of the drawers and swallow down it with coke hoping the gas will fill her growling stomach. Just when Krystal finished her not-so-filling lunch the door opened and in came Amber with bags that seem to smell like food. It seem like when someone is hungry their nose becomes more sensitive with food. Krystal sniffed her nose as the smell of food getting close.

 

Amber put the bags of food down on the dining table and saw the empty biscuit wrapper.

 

“You ate that?”

 

“What? Can’t I?”

 

“You can. It expired 4 months ago.” Amber casually said with a smile pasted on her face.

 

“What?” Krystal widen her eyes and quickly grab the wrapper finding the expire date.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Krystal let out a sudden high pitch scream as she stared at the biscuit wrapper.

 

The next second a burger was shove in Krystal’s mouth which muffled the ear breaking scream. Food was shove in Krystal’s mouth and nothing matters anymore. Krystal bite the burger and quickly swallow the food down. She then continued eating the burger without making another sound and Amber just look at the girl with a satisfying smile while she bites her own burger.

 

The foods in front of Krystal is all emptied inside her stomach, she held her now filled up stomach as she happily finish the last sip of coke. She then eyed at Amber’s half eaten fries and swallowed. Amber kept looking back and forth to her fries and to Krystal.

 

“I’m full do you want to finish the rest of my fries?”

 

“Since you’re full I’ll take it. It’s good not to waste food.” Krystal happily took the rest of the fries to herself and pops them in .

 

“By the way I never asked for your name.” Amber remember they never really introduce themselves to each other.

 

“Krystal.” Was all Krystal said and she continue eating happily.

 

 

 

Night came and there was this problem with the sleeping arrangement. There is only 1 bedroom and 1 bed in the house so it’s impossible for the two to sleep comfortable in one bed. Someone must sacrificed and sleep on the sofa.

 

“Yah! I’m not sleeping on the sofa.”

 

“But you fit perfectly on the sofa, my legs are too long for the sofa.”

 

“Hello you’re only an inch taller than me.”

 

“But I’m older so you should show some respect.”

 

“But I’m a girl.”

 

“So am I.”

 

“I’m a guest.”

 

“I don’t own this house.”

 

The two puffed their cheeks with burning eyes staring at each other both not stepping back for the bed.

 

“We can argue about this forever. How about we have a game of paper, scissor, rock to decide who sleeps on the bed.” Amber suggested since this argument can go on forever.

 

“Fine. Let me warn you I’m really good in this game.” Krystal showed her cocky smile like she’s winning for sure.

 

“1, 2, 3…” They both count in unison.

 

Krystal threw her hand out sticking two fingers out while Amber threw her fist out with all her fingers curl inside.

 

“YEAH!” Immediately Amber threw her fist up in the air jumping up and down in joy.

 

“Goodnight looser.” Amber chuckled and happily skip to the bedroom leaving the pouting girl still with her fingers sticking out.

 

“Stupid hand!” Krystal slaps her scissor hand with her other hand.

 

 

 

The next day when Krystal woke up she found a letter with a key place on the coffee table. She picks it up and read it.

 

               Hey loser! I bet you slept really comfortably last night, you were drooling.

Here’s a spare key to the house and if you’re really staying here you better go home and grab some stuff because you really stink.

 

Amber the winner.

 

Krystal sniffed herself and true that she really smell since she didn’t shower last night. She scrunched the letter and threw it back on the table making a face. She grab the spare key on the table and left the house.

 

 

 

When Amber came back the lights in the house are already switch on which means Krystal is back. She saw the girl wearing something different from this morning which means she already went back home to pack her things and took a nice hot shower. Krystal walk out from the kitchen hugging a big pot with rice mixed with different kind of vegetables and meat. She sat on the sofa in front of the television, she reach for the control and flip through the channels until she found something interesting. She comfortably sat there like her own house and scooped a big spoonful of rice and pops it in .

 

“Yah where’s my share?” Amber also sat on the sofa next to Krystal and eyed the girl’s big pot of food.

 

“Make your own food. These are mine.” Krystal hugged the pot tighter.

 

“Huh? All this?” Amber widen her eyes not believing this skinny girl is eating up this big pot of food which can feed two people.

 

Krystal ignore the tomboy and continue to focus on the variety show that she’s watching. Amber lean back defeated. She stay silent staring at the girl who is shoving big spoonful of food in . The more Amber watch the more hungry she became. Without the girl noticing Amber sneak her hand in her pocket and press a button on her phone. Amber’s phone rang and she quickly answer it.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Jonghyun oppa!” Amber said loud enough making sure Krystal can hear it clearly.

 

The name of her lover triggered Krystal’s attention. She threw the pot filled with food on the coffee table and quickly got up to snatch Amber’s phone.

 

“Oppa! Oppa! Where are you now?” Krystal scream out.

 

While Krystal is too excited knowing that her lover finally called back Amber grabs the spoon and began shoving big spoonful of rice in . She munch on it and repeat the same move.

 

“Oppa? Hello?” Krystal silent down her voice and hears nothing. She then pull the phone away from her ear only to see the screen with setting the volume on. She angrily turn to see the tomboy and saw that the tomboy is eating her dinner while enjoying the variety show like what she was doing.

 

“Yah! Give back my food!” Krystal threw the phone back to the tomboy and slaps her on the arm.

 

“C’mon say ‘ah’.” The tomboy then scoop a big spoonful and place it in front of the angry girl.

 

Krystal who cannot say no to food obediently opens and gobble to the food. Amber smiled and she learned that Krystal cannot say no to food. The two stay silent as they enjoy the food and variety show together. Krystal showed no sign of complain and like a baby she was being fed by the tomboy.

 

 

 

Night has come again. The two stood face to face like communicating with their eyes, their eyes never left each other.

 

“I won’t lose to you tonight.”

 

“And I won’t be sleeping on the sofa.”

 

Both gritted their teeth hiding their hand behind their back preparing for another paper, scissor, rock game to determine who will be sleeping in the bedroom.

 

“1, 2, 3…” They said in unison.

 

Krystal was thinking to throw out a scissor again but in the last second she change her mind and threw out a rock hand sign while Amber threw out a paper hand sign. Immediately Amber cracked laughing and Krystal stomped her feet who is angry at herself why she change her mind in the last second.

 

“Looks like a winner is always a winner.” Amber said rubbing it in at Krystal for her second lost. “But since you cook me food you can have the bedroom tonight.” Amber thought since she’s her brother’s girlfriend she should at least treat the girl nicer otherwise who knows what her brother will do to her if he finds out.

 

“YEAH!” Krystal’s eyes light up at what she just heard, she immediately jump up and down in joy and hugged the tomboy.

 

The moment the overly joyful girl hugged Amber, Amber felt her heart skipped a beat. She stood there frozen until the girl left and head to the bedroom. Krystal is now gone but Amber’s heart continued to beat in an abnormal rate. She quickly shook off the unusual feeling and push aside any weird thoughts. But to her dismay that feeling kept coming back which she couldn’t ignore it anymore.

 

 

 

“Amber dinner is ready.”

 

Amber came back and was greeted by Krystal’s sweet voice. The girl was holding two bowls of rice and place it on the dining table. Suddenly to Amber this felt like they are a newlywed couple.

 

After almost a week of living together, many things happened between the two. From being complete strangers they are now considered as good friends where they can tell secrets to each other. They had an agreement that Krystal will be responsible for cooking while Amber is responsible for washing the dishes. They also share the house hold chores together which made everything easy. They ate dinner together without saying a word which is unusual.

 

Krystal let out a sigh as she ate her food slowly.

 

“What’s wrong?” Amber who found it weird that Krystal is actually not enjoying her food like usual.

 

“Tomorrow I promise my family to visit them with Jonghyun oppa. It’s the first time I’m going to bring my boyfriend over to my parents and they are really excited about it but…” Krystal sighed again and hangs her head low.

 

Amber puts her chopsticks down and reach her hands to cup Krystal’s face.

 

“Hey cheer up. Oppa might come back tonight or tomorrow morning.” Amber rubbed her thumbs against Krystal’s cheeks, lightly massaging the girl hoping it will cheer the girl up.

 

“You’re right! Let’s eat.” Krystal quickly show a smile but Amber can tell it’s fake.

 

 

 

Later in the night right before Amber goes to sleep her phone rang.

 

“Hello?” Curious who it is as it’s a number she doesn’t know Amber carefully answered the call.

 

“Amber it’s me.”

 

“Oppa! Where are you? You know what day it is tomorrow?” Amber lowered her voice making sure not to be heard by the younger girl who is sleeping soundly inside the bedroom.

 

“Guess you met Krystal. I still got some issues to deal with so I can’t come back yet.”

 

“Then what about tomorrow?”

 

“Amber you’re my good little sister right? Then you must help oppa out.”

 

“Like how? I’m not you so I can’t go in your place.”

 

“Yes you can. We look alike and Krystal’s parents haven’t me before only in photos. I’m sure you can pass off looking like Krystal’s boyfriend.”

 

“But…”

 

“I gotta go cya! And thanks for helping oppa out.”

 

Again Jonghyun quickly hang up before Amber could protest. Amber groaned and threw her phone away thinking how she explain to Krystal the next morning.

 

 

 

“Hey Krys wake up!” Amber shook the sleeping girl. The girl groaned and her eyes slowly open seeing the tomboy’s face.

 

Krystal rubbed her eyes and the moment she did that Amber couldn’t help but stare at the pretty girl.

 

“It’s the weekend why wake me up so early?” The sleepy girl questioned.

 

“We’re visiting your parents today.”

 

“But Jonghyun oppa is not back.” When Krystal mention Jonghyun’s name Amber could see a slight sadness in her eyes.

 

“C’mon today I’ll be your one day boyfriend and we’re going to visit your parents.” Amber said while pulling the girl up.

 

“What!?” Now Krystal is fully awake. She never thought Amber would come up with such crazy idea and worried whether this will work out or not.

 

“Are you crazy?”

 

“No I’m not. If you don’t want to disappoint your parents this is the only way.”

 

As much as Krystal don’t agree on this but when she remembered how happy her parents sounds over the phone when she said she’s going to bring her boyfriend over she just went along with Amber’s plan. In the car, Amber drove while Krystal silently sat in the passenger seat fidgeting her fingers.

 

“Are you sure this will work?”

 

“Trust me, I will make it work.” Amber place one of her hand on top of Krystal’s and gave her a squeeze. Somehow this gave Krystal a sense of security and made her trust that this will work out perfectly fine.

 

The two girls finally arrive in front of the Jung’s house.

 

“Hey don’t worry.” Amber said then she held onto Krystal’s hand like what couples do.

 

“Mum! Dad!” Once Krystal met her parents she ran towards the two and hugged them tightly like they were apart for years.

 

“This must be Jonghyun.” Once they parted Krystal’s mother notice the handsome looking ‘boy’ who seem like the one she saw in the photo.

 

“Hello Mrs. Jung. I’m Jonghyun nice meeting you.” Amber politely bowed in a 45 degrees.

 

Honestly Amber felt sweats forming on her forehead when Krystal’s mother mention Jonghyun’s name. Amber could tell not only she is feeling shaken but also Krystal too. Krystal walk back standing next to Amber and hugged Amber’s arm like a lovey-dovey couple.

 

“Mum, dad this is Jonghyun, my…boyfriend.” Krystal officially introduced her ‘boyfriend’ to her parents hoping they don’t find anything suspicious about Amber.

 

Amber bowed once again trying to leave a good impression to Krystal’s parents.

 

“Oh my… you look so much more handsome in person.” Mr. Jung said first and patted on Amber’s shoulder showing sign that he’s pleased with Krystal’s boyfriend.

 

Amber didn’t know how to react and just shyly smiled back.

 

“Come in and sit down.” Mr. Jung said as they were standing the entire time.

 

While Amber and Krystal follow Mr. Jung to the living room they immediately release a relief sigh. They sat down and Amber just couldn’t help her nerves as she held on Krystal’s hand even tighter.

 

“So Jonghyun I heard from Krystal you’re a photographer?” Mr. Jung spoke.

 

“Yes I am.” Amber reply carefully.

 

They had  a casual talk until Krystal was dragged by her mother to the kitchen to help cooking dinner. Then it was left with Amber and Mr. Jung, they had their so-called ‘man to man’ talk whereas Mr. Jung asking all sort of awkward questions to his future-son-in-law. Amber felt her cheeks getting red at the topic Mr. Jung was talking about, she didn’t know how much longer she can stand answering those type of questions until Krystal calls in for dinner. Which she immediately left the seat to the dining table without answering the last question. They had dinner together in a relax and joyful atmosphere, Mr. Jung didn’t ask anymore weird questions and Amber sure felt much easier. But when night came the two was forced to stay for the night.

 

The couple was at the guest room where Amber will stay for the night.

 

“Amber you’ll be sleeping in this room tonight, my room is just next door on the right so if you need me just knock on the door. And thanks for tonight my parents kept praising you.” Krystal let out a shy smile.

 

Before Amber could answer back someone knock on the door. Amber open the door and revealing Mr. Jung’s face.

 

“Hey Jonghyun not sleeping yet? Oh Krystal you’re here too.” Mr. Jung devilishly smile at the couple.

 

“Come here boy.” He then wrap his arm around Amber and drags her outside the guest room.

 

“Look boy, my daughter is precious so treat her nicely. Oh and I’m sure you don’t have this with you, it’s always nice to be safe.” Mr. Jung hand over a little box to Amber which she doesn’t even know what it is. She did not understand a bit of what Mr. Jung said and before she could ask him clearly Mr. Jung left leaving Amber outside the guest room. Amber look at the little box in her hand and blushed. She walks back in the room with a flushed face.

 

“What’s wrong Amber?” Krystal saw the box in Amber’s hand and took it.

 

“OMG! DAD!” Krystal’s cheeks flushed red when she notice it’s actually a box of condoms that her father gave to her ‘boyfriend’.

 

“Looks like your dad really likes me.” Amber awkwardly laughed.

 

Amber threw the box of condoms on the night stand and jump on the bed resting her tired body. Krystal followed and jumps in the bed as well next to Amber. She tiredly rest her head on Amber’s shoulder and Amber also leans her head on top of Krystal’s.

 

“Today is tiring even though we didn’t do anything.” Amber sighed. Finally she can fully relax herself.

 

“What did you and dad talk about when I was in the kitchen?”

 

Amber immediately blushed remembering the awkward questions she was being asked to reply no matter what. When hearing no reply Krystal face the tomboy checking if she’s asleep or not.

 

“Tell me.” Krystal commanded.

 

“Your father asked me whether I’m a or not.” Amber said in defeat.

 

Krystal let out a loud laugh at the sort of question her dad asked.

 

“Your answer is?” Curiosity took over Krystal and somehow she really wants to know the answer to this awkward question.

 

Amber didn’t directly answer this question instead her face gotten redder and turn away to disconnect her eyes contact with Krystal.

 

“OMG Amber you’re so cute.” Krystal chucked and pinched Amber’s cheek.

 

The laughter died down and Krystal just continued to stare at the tomboy. Then she sudden laugh which caught Amber averting her eyes back to the girl.

 

“What?”

 

“Y’know I just had this weird thought. I wished that you were my boyfriend. I mean, you’re good looking, you’re really nice and you’re really sweet too.” Krystal blushed at her own weird thought.

 

Amber’s heart began beating rapidly again. She don’t know what brought her the courage to make this daring move. She leans her head in and captured Krystal’s pinky lips. Krystal froze on the spot and had no reactions.

 

“I think I like you.” Amber whispered after she parted lips with Krystal’s.

 

“But…” Krystal still showed a confused look not believing what she just heard from the tomboy.

 

“I know…you love my brother. So just forget what I said.” Amber said with a hurtful expression.

 

Even though Amber looks very tough but after all she’s still a girl and she has her weak moments. Amber held on to her tears trying to force them not leaking out and show such a weak side to the girl.

 

“It’s late I think you should go back to your room and sleep.” The tomboy rushed the girl to leave as she couldn’t hold her tears any longer.

 

Krystal left the guest room but she was still dumbfounded with the sudden and unexpected confession. She touched her lips, the pair of lips that was just kissed by Amber, her heart beat so fast that it felt like it’s going to pop out. That night Krystal tried her best to sleep but she couldn’t, all she’s been thinking was the moment Amber kissed her and the moment Amber confessed.

 

“Krystal you don’t like Amber, the one you like is Jonghyun oppa and everything is going to be fine when Jonghyun oppa is back.”

 

Krystal kept repeating those words to herself and she got really tired her eyes naturally closes itself.

 

---------------------------

A/N: Sorry this such a fail that's why it ended here.