"I like boys"

Love Collection

“Hi Princess, would you please wait for your servant so your servant can carry your bag while walking you home?”

 

I laughed as I read the text message earning a glance from the lecturer. I quickly shove my phone aside and picked up my pen trying to pretend to focus on the last 10 minutes of the lecture. Once class finished my phone vibrated and another message received from the servant.

 

“I’m at the basketball court. Meet me there?”

 

I’m not surprised. Amber always play basketball with the boys and she’s really good even beating a lot of them. I put my books back in my bag and slowly head towards the basketball court. Once I got there I saw couple of other girls sitting there in small groups watching the boys on the court and also Amber. Sometimes they would get their phone out and start taking pictures of them. Even though she’s a girl but it’s hard to ignore Amber’s charm. I found an empty spot and sat down alone as I watch the game.

 

Amber spotted me and she waved that somehow made the group of girls in front thinking she was waving at them. They squealed and waved back like a fangirl. The game finished in 10 minutes and the people on the court began moving out of the court. Amber fist pumped and high five the guys before she motion towards my direction.

 

Amber smiled and waved at the girls sitting in front of me. “Hey Minah.” She greeted knowing one of them.

 

“You were awesome.” Minah responded standing up to reach Amber’s eye level. “Do you want to have a drink with us?” She asked and her two other friends jumped up too.

 

“Thanks but no thanks Krystal is waiting for me.” She said and pointed at me in which the three girls in front then realized I was sitting behind them. Though they looked disappointed but they smiled and left.

 

“Let’s go Krys.” Amber said and quickly carried my bag before I can reach for it.

 

Amber and I are friends since high school we’ve known each other for 3 years and Amber always treats me so well – sometimes too well. I remember I first met her at high school, I transferred to her school during second year and because of my personality it wasn’t easy for me to make new friends. I was alone all the time and then Amber came to sit next to me. She introduced herself and brought me to her group of friends. I can never forget that moment when she held my hand and brought me to her friends. From that day onwards I was not lonely anymore because of Amber.

 

“Want to eat ice-cream?” Amber asked when we walked pass the 7-Eleven store. I didn’t even need to say anything and the look on my face just shows it all.

 

Amber smiled and instantly went inside grabbing two ice-creams and paid for it – she knew exactly the flavor that I like. There were some seats outside of the 7-Eleven so we just sat there and ate the ice-cream.

 

“I heard a girl in our class confessed to you today.” I asked and the ice-cream.

 

“Yeah but I said no.” Amber casually replies back like it was nothing.

 

It’s not the first time that a girl in our campus confessed to Amber and it’s not the first time Amber said no. Actually she has been saying no to all the girls who have confessed to her before.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I like boys.” She simply answered that doesn’t sound too convincing to me however still a little disappointed feel.

 

I’ve known Amber for 3 years but this is the only thing that I’m not sure of. From the many of our conversation we hardly come across the topic of boys or love. All Amber ever told me was she had dated once with a guy but that was long time ago and she never mentioned why they broke up.

 

While I was in a deep thought suddenly I felt a hand on my face that startled me. Amber reached her hand and her thumb gently wipes the white cream off from the corner of my lips. My entire body froze and my heart beating rapidly again. This is not the first time my beats crazily for Amber and I don’t think it’s normal.

 

“You got some ice-cream on your lips and now it’s gone.” She smiled not knowing this little gesture causes an earthquake in me.

 

“Thanks.” I muttered trying to avoid Amber’s eye contact; I don’t her to see me blushing.

 

“You’re going to Jackson’s party with me right?”

 

“Huh?” My head immediately went facing back to her giving her a blank face.

 

“I told you before, Jackson’s having a birthday party and you’re going to go with me.” She said it again and this time it felt like I’ve heard it before. Yes, I did hear her telling me this before but at that time I didn’t confirm with her that I’m going.

 

“Why? I don’t really know Jackson well.” I told her and I’m sure she knows I hate going to crowded places.

 

“Then I’m going to be alone.” She pouted like her little dogs – Jackjack and Gongju.

 

“Come on Amber, you probably the busiest woman in that party you won’t be alone.” I rolled my eyes, I’m pretty sure everyone will be all over her and she won’t even have time to talk to me.

 

“But I want you to go; you need to meet more people in the campus.” She grabbed my shoulder and kept shaking me back and forth. She began rubbing her chin against my shoulder like what her dogs does pleading me to go with her. This is really a killer move and soon I surrender nodding my head.

 

“Yesss! I knew you would say yes.” She fist pumped and danced around like an idiot.

 

Amber then walks me home since we are only one street away from each other. Before she left she didn’t forget to remind me about the party telling me that she will come and pick me up.

 

What is this? I feel like I’m her date for the party.

 

 

 

It’s the party night and the venue is at a club – yes we’re going to a club dance our asses off, get drunk and people making out. I hate all these things but now I have to go because of this girl who makes my heart fluster.

 

I picked out a black mini dress that wraps perfectly around my body, I remember I brought this dress with my sister though I hardly wear these kind of party dresses but my sister insist me buying it and now I finally have the chance to wear it. I put it on, did my hair nicely letting it out and light makeup and selected a clutch bag from my collection. After putting my heels on I received a text message from Amber saying she’s outside my house.

 

“Mum I’m going!” I shouted before shutting the door.

 

I saw Amber standing outside texting on her phone. She was wearing all black, ripped black skinny jeans, long sleeve black tee, white tee inside and a black cap. Her accessories match her outfit so well – simple yet swags.

 

Amber lifts her head up, her jaw drops and eyes staring at me.

 

“Who is this y girl?” Amber teased and puts her phone in her pocket.

 

I couldn’t help but to blush at her teasing. I hugged myself with my arms wondering if I’m wearing too much for this party. Maybe I should change into pants?

 

“Hey I’m only teasing you. I called the taxi its coming.” She smiled and got her phone again. “Let’s take a photo together.” She said and closes her gap with me. Her face was so close to mine and my entire body began to heat up.

 

We kept taking selfie together until the taxi arrived. Since I was in heels Amber instantly offers her hand out to let me hold onto. She help me into the taxi and we head off to the club together during the way I can see Jackson continuously texting Amber.

 

“Are we late?” I questioned wondering what the hurry is.

 

“This buttface is just drunk.”

 

I laughed hearing what Amber called him. Once we got there we went inside, since Jackson already made a booking so there is no need to wait in line we just need to mark off our names at the entrance. The entire time Amber was holding onto my hand scared that I might fell. As we enter the club together many of Amber’s friends greeted her with a hug causing her to let go of my hand. But then she would always hold it tightly again.

 

“Amber!” Jackson shouted, his face was all red and reeks like alcohol. The moment Jackson saw Amber he immediately clings onto her like a koala.

 

“You stink.” Amber pushes his face away using her hand.

 

“I love you Amber!” Jackson screamed and continuously trying to cling tightly onto Amber with Amber trying her best to push her away.

 

It made a commotion in the circle and the friends around just laughed until the other guys dragged him off Amber.

 

During the party I parted away with Amber since she was busy with her friends and I don’t know them well. I went to the bar alone and ordered another drink trying to kill time. I sip my drink as I stand there looking at Amber dancing with her girl friends. They look like having such a fun time together.

 

“Hey Krystal.” I heard my name and turn to the source.

 

“Hey Aron.” I greeted with a light smile.

 

I’ve only met Aron a few times and it was Amber who dragged me to hang out with them after class. I didn’t want to but Amber insisted.

 

“I didn’t think you would be coming!” Aron shouted since the music is too loud. I didn’t bother to answer him instead I just smiled. I’m not really good with people so I just stood there drinking my cocktail. It was awkward and I think I made Aron feel uncomfortable with my cold attitude. Just when the atmosphere got really awkward a certain drunken girl came rushing in between us.

 

“Help me.” Amber pleaded and hugged me tightly. “They keep trying to force me to drink.” She pointed at her friends, Min and Hyoyeon in which they are laughing evilly. I can tell Amber is half drunk already since she is never good with alcohol.

 

“Krys~~~~~ I wanna go home~~~~~” Amber whined like a baby and snuggle her face in my arms.

 

I quickly put my drink down and supported Amber from falling. “I think I should take her home.” I told them and made an excuse for myself to leave as well.

 

“What? No! The party has just begun!” Hyoyeon shouted trying to stop us from leaving.

 

Just when Min and Hyoyeon tries to pull Amber back to the dance floor Amber cover like she is about to vomit. The two quickly jerk away while I drag Amber to the bathroom.

 

“Let’s go home.” Amber laughed and the moment she laughed I knew she was just faking it.

 

We finally got out from the club and my ear feels a lot better. With some struggle I managed to put Amber inside the taxi and head off to her place. We got off the taxi and as I was trying to support Amber I lost balance and stacked.

 

It’s not easy to do this with heels on.

 

“Are you alright?” Amber asked and it seem like she feel a lot better than before.

 

I nodded my head but to be honest my feet hurts, I haven’t worn this pair of heels before and it hurts my feet. Seeing the red marks on my foot Amber sweep me up and carried me in bridal style. I yelped at the sudden lift and quickly hug onto her neck fearing that she would drop me. I look at her closely, her face is bright red from the drinks and I’m sure mine is as well but it’s not because of the drinks. Amber was so strong that she carried me all the way up to her apartment. She opens the door and I limped inside. Amber threw her shoes off and quickly rampage her cupboard. She kneels down and gently puts some ointment on the little bubble on my feet then puts a bandage over it.

 

Why does she have to be so sweet?

 

Do you know this will make me fall for you deeper?

 

I don’t know what overcame me, I cupped her face with my hands lifting her head up to face me. Suddenly the feeling I had bolted in me has exploded. I pulled her face closer to mine and our lips touched. Our lips touched and I couldn’t help it but to want more of it. Slowly and softly I move my lips tasting more of her soft lips. I thought I was dreaming when I felt the other pair of lips moving and tasting mine. Soon I felt my entire body lifted up and instantly my legs wrap around her waist. Our lips never parted and I was being move to her bedroom. She dropped me onto her bed and hover on top of me the entire time our lips never separate.

 

I don’t know what’s going on anymore all I know is I don’t want this to stop.

 

 

 

I woke up feeling the other side of the bed empty. I was alone on the bed; hair messed up and body aching. Feeling the blanket on my bare skin I then remembered the event happened last night.

 

I had with Amber.

 

A sudden smile crept on my face. I always have feeling for Amber but I wasn’t sure about Amber’s feelings. She is always so nice to everyone and treats every girl like a perfect boyfriend. But maybe she does love me? Otherwise last night wouldn’t have happened. If she doesn’t love me she wouldn’t make love to me.

 

I heard some noises outside so I push myself off the bed and grab one of Amber’s shirts putting it on. I walked out feeling a little shy and saw Amber sitting there eating cereals. Her hair was so messed up but she looks so cute. I don’t think she notice me so I decide to give her a surprise.

 

I tip toed quietly from behind and then hugged her from the back. She was so surprised that she dropped her spoon.

 

“Good morning.” I whispered feeling giddy.

 

“Morning Krys.” Amber greeted but rather a little cold in which I just shrug it off maybe she’s not feeling well since she drank a lot last night.

 

I released my hold and squeeze in to sit on her lap so that I can see her face clearly. Indeed she doesn’t look well.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked as I caress her cheek.

 

The way I acted towards her was not just a friend anymore but a lover. Amber didn’t have any expression that made me worried. She pulled my hand away and gently let me off her lap. She stood up and distances herself away from me.

 

 I was confused – what is going on?

 

“Krys… I don’t you to misunderstand… about us and what happened last night.” She muttered, avoid looking in my eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked carefully afraid to hear what she’s going to say.

 

“Look… Last night was a mistake. I like boys.” Her words pierce through me and shattered my heart. Tears clouded my eyes making my vision blurry to the point where I don’t even know if this was just a dream.

 

“I’m sorry…” She apologized.

 

I can tell she doesn’t want to hurt me but there is no way I wouldn’t be hurt with her words.

 

And I went exploded.

 

“ you Amber Liu! What do you mean you like boys?” I screamed and lost control of my usual calm self. I can tell Amber was shock at my sudden temper.

 

“You call me Princess, you treat me like I’m a princess, you always take good care of me, you’re so protective of me, and you’ll wipe the sauce off my lips and dust away any dirty on my head. You kissed me last night and we had . Now you tell me don’t misunderstood and like boys!? What kind of joke is this!?” I went crazy spitting everything had to say but my tears couldn’t stop dripping.

 

Amber was speechless. She couldn’t utter a word out.

 

“Amber Liu if you don’t like girls then stops giving every single girl the wrong signal!” I cried and stomp out from her place not caring that I’m only wearing a large tee with nothing else.

 

I run and continuously to run until I couldn’t anymore. I dropped onto the floor and cried louder.

 

I totally lost it.

 

It’s over between us.

 

----

A/N: I lost it too when Amber said she like boys. XDDDD