Wedding Dress

Love Collection

 

“I’m getting married!”

 

I froze on the spot when she said those words to me. I almost spill the coffee that I was about to swallow but lucky it didn’t happen.

 

I managed to swallow the liquid down but my eyes couldn’t be help but to be wide open. I never thought I would hear those words coming out from . I still remember when she told me she wasn’t interest in a relationship then the shocking news came when she told me she got a boyfriend. Now it’s even more shocking to hear the news that she’s getting married.

 

I calm myself down and forced a smile on my face. I never felt this heart broken before not even like this when she told me about her boyfriend. At least I still feel that I got a chance, I know I’m a bad friend but secretly I did wished they would break up soon. But maybe we really don’t belong together because now she’s going to get married.

 

This news is too sudden, too much of a shocker that I cannot think straight. I felt my eyes burning and tears wanting to pour out. But I can’t let her see this; at least the tears she sees should be tears of joy.

 

“Congratulation!”

 

That was all I could say to her.

 

I know I was acting weird in front of her but I guess she didn’t notice that because she was too happy about her wedding. That smile, I never once see it whenever I’m with her.

 

“I don’t if you like it or not you’re going to be my bridesmaid.”

 

I wish I could say no because it’s going to hurt even more to be standing next to her and pretend to bless her happiness. But I can’t, she’s my best friend and for the sake to keep our friendship I must say yes to her. She cannot know my true feelings I have towards her. Nothing will come good if she knows.

 

It was five years ago that I realize I have developed a more than best friends feeling for her. At that time I didn’t wish we could be anything more than best friends, I was happy to just stay beside her and listen to her ups and downs. But it was getting hard when she told me she’s in love. My heart instantly shattered and there was a time I tried my best to avoid her at any cost. Obviously it didn’t last long because she would have notice something was wrong with me.

 

Then she’ll know everything.

 

“Of course! Who else is going to be your bridesmaid? I’m your best friend.”

 

I faked a smile.

 

I took another sip of my coffee trying to cover the fact that I’m heart broken. She has a really beautiful smile right now and will only shown whenever she talks about him. Because of him she has showed many different sides of herself that I haven’t seen before.

 

I can still remember seeing her cry for the first time. She came running to my house knocking on the door at midnight. I got up from my bed, still in a sleepy mood and when I opened the door I saw her face filled with tears. The first thing she did was hugging me tightly. I never saw her this vulnerable before. It was still a shock to me but I didn’t say anything and just hug her tightly.

 

She didn’t tell what actually happened but she told me she had a fight with him. I didn’t ask nor do I want to know why they are fighting. I held her in my embrace and she fell asleep after losing all her energy from crying.

 

When I woke up she was gone. She left me a note saying she’s okay and I don’t need to worry her. Even though she told me not to worry but how can I possibly do that? I dialed her number but her line was busy. So I message her telling her to give a call back.

 

I was waiting for her to call me back the entire day but there was no call from her. I tried calling again but her phone was off. I began to worry that I ran to her house right after work. I was impatiently pressing the doorbell. My heart was racing hoping that she’ll be fine. The opened and my heart calmed down. Then it sunk because the one who opened the door was him.

 

It seem like they already made up.

 

I put an awkward smile as I waved my hand to him. He did the same thing too. Then I saw her behind him wrap in a bathing robe. My heart ached so much because although I know they are a couple but I didn’t know they are already up to this stage.

 

She apologized to me after I explain to her why I was so frantic. I pretend to laugh it off but inside I was bleeding in tears. I turn around and my smile immediately drops.

 

“Come with me to look at the wedding dress.”

 

“Why don’t you wait for him to go with you?”

 

If I see her in a wedding dress it’ll just break my heart even more.

 

“He said girls takes forever to decide. So he told me to take a look at it first with you and you can also look at the dresses for yourself.”

 

She got really excited that she stood up pulling my hand. There was no chance for me to say no. I let her held my hand and drag me. My eyes avert down to see our hands linked together. Our hands look perfect together but this hand does not belong to me. I was still lost in my own thoughts and all of a sudden we arrived in front of a wedding store. She pulled me inside and the sales greeted us. One of the sales thought we’re a couple and we said we’re both girls the sales blushed in embarrassment as she apologized to us.

 

I helped her choose a wedding dress that will fit her body perfectly. She doesn’t like wearing something too revealing so I choose one that can show her curves and yet looking y at the same time. I bet everyone will have their jaw drop when they see her in a wedding dress.

 

Right before she enters the dressing room her phone rang. The way she smiles before pressing the answer button, I knew it’s him. That smile shows nothing but happiness.

 

Maybe I should let this feeling go.

 

The talk didn’t go for long and soon they hanged up. She walked inside the dressing room with a staff helping her. I waited outside scanning across at the beautiful dresses for the bridesmaid. Then I sat on the couch waiting for the bride to walk out in the beautiful wedding dress. I feel anxious as I wait for her like I’m the groom.

 

I don’t know how long I’ve waited for until I heard the door opened. My eyes quickly landed to the direction of the dressing room. First came out was the staff then follow behind was her. I stood up and I was stunned. She was so gorgeous in that dress that my eyes couldn’t look away from her. And I think she notice that I was staring at her that she blushed.

 

“Hey stop looking at me like that.”

 

She playfully push me and that’s when I finally able to take my eyes off her for a second.

 

My heart was pounding so fast and I wished I were the one she’s marrying with. I was staring at her from head to toe and I just have the urge to kiss her pinky lips.

 

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her neck. I couldn’t believe what I’m about to do but I couldn’t care anymore.

 

I kissed her on the lips.

 

“You look amazing Amber.”

-----

A/N: Putting Secret Afair aside and I wrote this. Freshly written.

So honestly tell me, how many thought it was Krystal who is getting married?