Blaming yourself won't change anything.

The Best Friend I Love

 

 

--Donghae's POV--

 

We're all waiting outside of the emergency room. All of us were quietly waiting. Its only been about 15 minutes but i'm getting worried as time passes. I don't know what or why she had to deserve this. This is so hard for all of us , but for her the most. Ever since she met me , bad things kept happening. This is all my fault. I was sitting next to the hyungs

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae: This is all my fault hyung. I'm the jinx in her life.

Leeteuk: Don't blame yourself Donghae. Its not your fault.

Eunhyuk: Yeah. It was Tiffany's fault. Not yours.

Donghae: But it all happened because of me.

Yesung: Tiffany did it because she was crazy. You didn't want this to happen too so its not your fault.

Donghae: Ever since the day she met me , ever since the day we met again ... and up to this point , it was all my fault. I introduced her to danger. I introduced her to something that harmed her , not once but many times already. She got hurt so much because of me. And this point is the worst out of all.

Siwon: You didn't do anything wrong. You just love her. And that was never wrong. Because you two are meant for each other. This is just an obstacle. You two will get through this. We all know you're meant to be. 

Kibum: Blaming yourself won't get you anywhere. Blaming yourself won't fix anything. Donghae , If you think its your fault then all of us should blame ourselves more.

Donghae: Kibum , I never asked you this but , why did you help Tiffany? Why did you help her try to seperate me and                       before? Don't worry. I won't get mad. It was in the past.

Kibum: Why? Hmm ... When I see you and her together ... I feel left out. I'm not used that its just you two like that. I thought what I was feeling was love. I thought I love her more than a best friend which made me feel so weird inside everytime I see you two. But then I realized now that , I do love her. But not the way you do. I wasn't really inlove with her. I was just jealous about you two. We're the 3 best friends. The 3 musketeers. Then suddenly , its just you two.

Donghae: I'm sorry if you felt that way.

Kibum: Don't be. It was my fault. I just love her as a best friend now. I hope she wakes up soon. So you'll stop blaming yourself. Its not your fault. It never was , it never will be.

Donghae: I hope she wakes up soon too. I'll blame myself forever if something bad happens to her.

 

 

 

 

 

We heard voices coming towards us , calling out                   's name. All of us faced the hallway and it was her parents. They came towards us. Sungmin and Sulli stood up and came towards them too. They just stared at each other at first. Sulli kept crying. She never stopped crying since we left for the hospital. She hugged                       's mother and bursted out more tears.

 

 

 

 

Sulli: Auntie. Mianhae. We weren't able to save her sooner. Mianhae.

Mom: Don't blame yourself Sulli. You tried your best.

Sulli: Auntie. I'm really sorry.

Dad: How is she? How's my daughter?

Sungmin: She's still in the emergency room. Uncle .. There's something else Sulli and I have to tell you.

Dad: What is it?

Sungmin: She didn't want any of you to know this. But it seems like this is the time to tell.

Mom: What is it Sungmin? Tell us!

Sulli: *pushes back the hug* I feel bad. Because she told me this first but I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone... *sobs* ... I can't take this. Just tell them oppa.

 

 

 

 

They seemed serious so our attention was focused on them. But as the conversation is getting a lot more serious , the emergency room door opened and the doctor came out. Everyone immediately went to him and asked how                        is..

 

 

 

 

Mom: Doctor , I'm the mother of the patient. How is she? Is she safe now?

Doctor: I'll be honest with you mam. She's not doing any good. She needs blood , fast. She lost lots of blood and because of her Leukemia , it made the operation more complicated.

Mom: Wait a second. Did you say Leukemia? Who has Leukemia?!

Doctor: According to our examinations , the patient has Acute Leukemia. Thats why she lost twice the amount of blood she should've lost.

Mom: Mwo? Our daughter has Leukemia? *hugs your dad* No. Tell me its not true. *sobs*

Dad: Doctor , maybe you're wrong. She doesn't have Leukemia. If she did , we should've known.

Sungmin: U-uncle ... The doctor is telling the truth. She has Leukemia. Sulli and I knew about it but she asked us to keep it from all of you and she's secretly been going to chemotherapies with Sulli.

Mom: What?! Sungmin! Sulli! How could you not tell us! I can't believe this is all happening! Why is this happening?! WHY?!

 

 

 

 

 

L-leukemia? This can't be serious. How can she have Leukemia?! I feel like my heart is being torned into pieces. How could she not tell me?! She should've told me but ... This is too serious. It feels like a joke now but ..... Its real.

 

 

--No One's POV--

 

Everyone was shocked when the doctor said                       has Leukemia. Because of the shock , her mom fainted. But everyone else felt like they would faint too after hearing her condition. The other guys helped her mom to the couch and Leetuek and Heechul kept fanning her mom. 

 

 

 

 

Doctor: We don't have much time now. We don't have stocks of her blood left here. We need someone who can donate for her.

Dad: I can. I'm her father.

Sungmin: Uncle , we have the same blood type. Let me do it. It wouldn't be good for you. 

Sulli: We have the same blood type too.

Sungmin: I'll donate my blood to her.

Sulli: Not again! You had your chance. Now its my turn.

Sungmin: No! I wanna do this! Don't argue with me!

Sulli: You had your chance and its my turn! Why can't I do it?! I wanna do it! I wanna save my best friend!

Sungmin: And I wanna save the girl I loved. The girl I loved and the girl I still love. She didn't choose me but I still wanna protect her. I want her to live and be happy with the one she loves. So let me do it. Your blood or mine , it won't make a difference! So let me do it! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They just stared at each other and in the end , Sungmin gave her blood again for the 2nd time. Everyone else was praying , the others were trying to comfort                     's mom and Sulli. After the doctors got some of Sungmin's blood , he went and stayed with everyone else again at the ER. Donghae's was looking at him , envious of him being able to donate blood for her again. He went out of the hospital after a while and the others don't know why he just walked out. The others wanted to follow him but Yesung volunteered to follow him himself.

 

 

 

--Donghae's POV--

 

I went out of the hospital. Hearing Sungmin hyung's word , Seeing him after he donated his blood again , I felt less comfortable there ... Not because I was jealous. But because this is the 2nd time he'll help her with this problem and me? Never. Its like if Sungmin isn't here for her , she'll suffer a lot more. Without Sungmin , what will happen to her? She doesn't even need me because Sungmin will always be there for her. He always saves. She even has Leukemia that I don't know about but Sungmin does. I'm envious that he always ends up being her hero. I sat down the at bench and just looked down the ground , while my eyes shed tears. of dismay. I'm mad at myself. I'm the jinx and I can't even help her. Yesung hyung sat next to me and patted my back.

 

 

 

 

 

Yesung: Why did you run off? Whats wrong?

Donghae: Because I can't do anything. They don't even need me there. So I just went off.

Yesung: We need you there.                      needs you there.

Donghae: In the first place , this all happened because of me. She wouldn't need me to be there if this never happened. If only I knew this would happen then i'll--

Yesung: What? You'll just give yourself to Tiffany? You'll just give her to Sungmin? You'll just forget the first day you saw her and imagine she was never real and you'll never befriend her and never love her?

Donghae: If that's whats better for her ... But ... I love her. I love her too much to even think of doing those things.

Yesung: Donghae-ah … You probably envy Sungmin so much right now , for all he's done. For all he can do. But , there's something else you can do other than envying others and blaming yourself.

Donghae: What is it hyung?

Yesung: I'm not Siwon but , this advice is the best I could think of. Just pray for her.

Donghae: Hyung ... I can't believe she's sick. I can't believe she has Leukemia.

Yesung: Me too. She's such a strong person. Its unbelievable that she got sick that easily. But still , I really admire her. She's facing so much. She decided to marry Sungmin because she thinks it'll end everything. She's sick but she still did what she thought she had to do for everyone's sake. She cares about others more than herself. Donghae , she's strong. When she got hit by a car , she didn't give up and fought. She survived. I'm pretty sure she'll get over this too.

Donghae: But what if something bad happens?

Yesung: *hits Hae's head* Yah! What kind of a boyfriend are you?!

Donghae: *holds his head* That really hurts a lot hyung!

Yesung: Good! Because if it didn't , I would hit you a lot lot more. Thinking of bad things wont help at all. I thought you love her?! Why are you thinking if the worst when you should be hoping for the best!

Donghae: I'm sorry ... After all thats happened , i can't help but think of the worst.

Yesung: Lets go back inside. If she wakes up , she'll want to see you first. She loves you so you shouldn't envy anyone else.

Donghae: Sure hyung.

Yesung: Kaja! She's waiting!

 

 

 

 

 

Yesung hyung is right. I shouldn't envy anyone because she loves me. I should think of the best and not the worst. But this hurts so much. Everything thats happening hurts so much. We went back inside and we saw Sungmin , Teukie hyung and Eunhyuk with the doctor infront of the ER.

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae: Hyung.

Teukie: *looks at Hae* Donghae. Where were you? 

Donghae: I just needed some air. What's going on. Where's everyone else?

Sungmin: The operation ended. They transferred                           to a private room and the others are there.

Donghae: Then why are you all still here? Is she awake now? Can we go and see her now?

Eunhyuk: Donghae , there's something you have to know first.

Donghae: What? Tell me later. I wanna see                     . I wanna talk to her.

Leeteuk: Seeing her is possible. But the talking part ...

Yesung: Whats going on?

Donghae: Yeah hyung ... What are you trying to say?

Sungmin: Donghae ....                          is in a coma.

Donghae: What?! How? She got hit on the leg , right? How could she get in a coma?

Doctor: The lower part of her femoral artery in her leg got hit. Its the main reason why she's in a coma. Her Leukemia didn't help as well. It made the bleeding worse but because Sungmin and these other guys were prepared with paramedics , we were able to get her operated fast. If she didn't have Leukemia , it wouldn't end like this. Right now , she's in a coma but I'll say she's already stable. We're just not sure unless she wakes up already.

Donghae: W-when will she wake up?

Doctor: We're not sure. Could be in an hour. Tomorrow. The next day. Next week. Next month. Next year or maybe even longer than that. We'll never know unless she really wakes up.

Yesung: Can we go see her?

Doctor: Of course. The others are there already. You can go and visit her. Remember , she's in a coma but she can hear you. Try talking to her. Just take care of her as much as you can and keep her company even if she's a coma. We're going there in a while to give her something for her Leukemia too. A nurse will go there with the medicines and i'll be there right after her.

Sungmin: Donghae , i'm sorry. I didn't mean for my plan to end up like this.

Donghae: I'm going to her room.

 

 

 

 

 

Coma? This is getting crazier and crazier by the minute. Sometimes its like a joke already. This is too much. My tears can't help but fall. They won't stop at all. The hyungs kept asking if I was ok and I said I am but i'm obviously not. I have to be strong because I wanna have to courage to look at                         . We went to her room. I was anxious of entering a little but I really wanna see her. We went inside and everyone was around her. I looked at her closely and its really true. She is in a coma. There's a breathing cord attached to . My tears kept bursting like crazy. I know this isn't manly but this hurts. I held back my tears and composed myself. I don't want her parents to think that i'm weak. They're right next to me. Her mother was holding her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

Mom: *looks at Donghae* *smiles at him* Lee Donghae , right?

Hae: *nods* N-ne. M-mam.

Mom: Silly. You're my daughter's boyfriend so just call me Omma.

Dad: Son *hand gestures to Hae to come closer* Come here.

 

 

 

 

 

This is the first time we got to talk like this. They don't seem as sad as to how they were a while ago. They seemed more cheerful but you could still see tears in their eyes. I was nervous. This is the first time we're actually gonna have this moment. Though I wanted this even before , I didn't want it to happen just because of this accident. I went next to them , next to                         . Her father patted me at the back.

 

 

 

 

 

Dad: Son ... My daughter has always wanted me to meet you. I was just too busy. I'm glad I met you but I know you're feeling the exact same way as us. That we didn't want to meet like this.

Hae: N-ne Sir. I always wanted to meet you too but not like this.

Dad: You shouldn't be too formal. Like what my wife said , you're our daughter's boyfriend so just call me Appa.

Hae: K-kamsahamnida... I'll try. I won't get used to it so easily though s-sir. Because the first and only person I called Appa is my father.

Dad: I heard how much of a nice man you are. I'm sure your father taught you well. If we could , i'd want to meet him and congratulate him on having a nice young man like you as a son.

Hae: That would be nice too but you see , my father is dead.

Mom: I'm sorry to hear about that.

Hae: But I kept telling my father stories about your daughter before he died. He told me to keep my promise to only love her and wait for her no matter how long it takes. I'll always love her like what I promised my father.

Mom: Thank you for keeping your promise to your father. We're glad that our daughter met someone like you ...

 

 

 

 

 

I'm really happy that they seem like they accept me whole heartedly. Her mom took her one hand holding                     's hand and held my hand. Then she intertwined my hand with                       's hand and cupped our intertwined hands with her hands. She looked at her daughter and was smiling. Then she looked back at me.

 

 

 

 

 

Mom: Just like us , you have to be strong Donghae. You have to believe that she'll wake up. She'll wake up because she's a strong girl. We'll all see her open her eyes together. We'll all take care of her together , ok?

Hae: Ne ... I will ... Omma.

Mom: I know you wanna talk to her. She wants to hear you talking to her for sure. Here , *stands up* sit on my seat. Talk to her. Give her strength and encourage her to wake up. She's listening to us right now for sure.

Dad: She's surely happy hearing us right now. But i'm sure she wants to hear you the most. We're just going to the register and take care of everything to be needed here.

 

 

 

 

Her parents went out of the room together. The others are just at the couch by the side looking at us. I sat down the chair where her mom was sitting and held her hand tight with my two hands. I can see her suffering and it hurts. I don't like seeing her suffering and this was all because of me. I kissed her hand and my tears started to burst out again. I can't hold it in anymore. It just hurts too much now.

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae:                       . Its Donghae. *sighs* I don't actually know what to say ... If you're seeing me right now , you'd probably think i'm a whimp who cries a lot. I just can't stop it now that i'm seeing you like this. I'm sorry if I couldn't save you. I got you out of Tiffany's hands but I didn't expect this to happen to you ... It hurts so much when I see you like this ..... Ever since you met me , You've been experiencing nothing but pain. But how could you not tell me you have Leukemia? Do you know I felt like dying when I heard about it while you were getting operated? That time when you weren't by my side anymore , I felt like dying and up until now , I still do. I don't know what'll happen to me if something bad happens to you but I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes. I'll wait for you to wake up. But don't take too long. I can wait no matter how long but , seeing you like this is killing me inside. *kisses my hand again* You're always and forever will be the only girl I love. Now wake up. Smile for me again , will you? Jebal ............... Everyone else is here. All your friends are here. I'm here. We're all here waiting for you to wake up. So wake up soon , ok? We'll take care of you. We'll help you get through this. I'll help you. I'll always be here for you because I love you. I'll never get tired of waiting because I love you. I love you                       . I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

I kissed her hand again. My tears can't stop falling now , so I bowed my head down to her bed. I can't stop sobbing anymore. I wanna be strong. I have to be strong. I lifted my head up and tried to stop my tears while kissing her hand again and again and again. I wanna make her feel that i'm here. I kept telling her how much I love her while praying for her. After a while , I saw a tear drop falling out of her eyes. Is she awake? Did she hear me? My tears started bursting out again. But it was tears of joy. I know she heard me. I know she heard everything and i'm sure she wants to fight.  

 

 

====================================================

I pretty much have nothing to say so i'll end it here.

I have to go to some family gathering thingy now.

(I'm not really close to my relatives so .... pretty much this is forced XD)

Maybe by the next chapter , i'll have something to say =))

 

-MsShaiKyu :3